Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakenjoi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<so going for drops can be lucrative, but dangerous>>
Only dangerous in single ball play, hence why being in multiball will become the only safe strategy. People try to justify Avengers rules but there's a reason you never see that game in tournaments (Loki MB all day). Code update can fix this, but its a big oversight by Tanio and Mike amateur programmers right off the bat. It's Pinball 101 you must qualify the mode before multiball starts.

Going for them in multiball is easier said than done.

It's a trade off really. The game continues to cycle through the 3 drop target modes. If you knock a drop down when it's on one you've already lit, you have to complete the bank before you can try for the other completions.

In multiball it's common for a stray ball to hit the targets at the wrong time, then you have to hit them all down and try again!

It's easier in single ball play to time it. It's less risky in multiball because you have more than 1 ball, but it punishes you for mis-hits.

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's why it's good to prime blood bath right before one or more multiballs startup. then you can just let they wildness of multiball complete the bank for blood bath, then just try and keep the mutliball going for the whole blood bath timer.

Yes, though this doesn't always work (at least for me).

I like to do that and start prison, avoiding WW, and once prison drains play WW (usually some stray balls during prison get closer to starting), then use WW to prime prison, then go for drops with 2 balls. Once WW drains, next prison should be close, and at least a couple banks of drops will be down. I usually try and take prison, blood bath, a mode and then WW stacked the second time around.

That's just how I played my highest scoring game on location, but there are so many strategies. A decent mode can net you 120+ mil though. And Ive taken people to it in tournaments and not broken 10 mil! There are a variety of ways to play depending on the context. Every single shot is risk vs. reward! I really really want to buy one!

20150124_120332.jpg

8 months later
#758 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Our family has a pro and we absolutely love it. We were considering upgrading to a premium because of the way everyone was talking about how great it is. Went to the York show and played the premium, and my one son and I did not see it worth spending the extra cash on it. Some of the features are different and offer a different element to the game but don't really make it or break it IMO. We both thought the crossbow was horrible. The BG head was cool. The WW magnet and WB drop target were so so, could take it or leave it. Didn't get to try out these walker bombs, that would be the most exciting thing to me. Everyone has different opinions, that's why it's best for YOU to play them if you can and make an informed decision. Reviews are great and give insight, but playing the game is king. No matter which version you get, this code is very well done and you should love the game play. The game is my favorite in my collection at the moment.

Yeah I ended up with the Pro for pretty much the same reasons you stated (additional features were luke warm to me). Some I liked (lighting, spinners), but others I didn't really care for (drop target, bicycle girl ramp/bash, crossbow).

Absolutely great machine! I definitely didn't need to have a premium/LE to enjoy it though.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

For what its worth, I added a pair of spinners to my TWD Pro. They look pretty good, I think.

Oh yes they do!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.95
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakenjoi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside