Topic Stats

• 8,790 posts
  • 583 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by stoptap
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,488 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200131_171516 (resized).jpg
20200131_171524 (resized).jpg
20200116_174106 (resized).jpg
093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg
20200116_143425 (resized).jpg
032 (resized).jpg
009 (resized).jpg
014 (resized).jpg
005 (resized).jpg
013 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
011 (resized).jpg
008 (resized).jpg
024 (resized).jpg
006 (resized).jpg
IMG_3248 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4540 2 years ago

This bloody mess crawled into my barcade today.
I'm super stoked!
Junky

20170522_182022.jpg

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Where did you get the bloody hand prints, etc? its awesome!

Thanks. I just bought it from another pinsider. He installed these mods. The blood splattered armor is from stern. The bloody handprints under the glass came from amazon.

Junky

1 week later
#4588 2 years ago

Hi guys. I just installed the bicycle girl light mod from Gnassel on my Premium yesterday. What a great mod this is! I highly recommend it. I think this should have been included from Stern. Now I can clearly see BG's face and the artwork in front of her while the ramp is up and the white LED is on. I love how the red LED turns on briefly when the ball strikes her. Very cool effect! My only concern was the alligator clip connections with the shaking from the shaker motor. I cut off the clips after I verified that the mod worked correctly and I liked it.

Now let me just tell you how impressed I am with Gnassel. I contacted him via PM and he responded the next day (he's in Germany). He asked for my address so he could send the mod to me. He said to pay him AFTER I've installed the mod and I'm happy. That really surprised me. What a fantastic pinsider!
Great mod!
Great guy!

Thanks Gnassel

I can post pics if anyone is interested

Junky

#4598 2 years ago

New ColorDMD LCD installed today. WOW! It looks amazing!
Hopefully they release the software for ghostbusters soon

Junky

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Just joined the club, what's the verdict on the blood armor? Will it hold up and not flake off? Debating leaving mine stock or grabbing a set.

Before I owned a TWD I thought the blood splatter armor didn't look very good (based on pics only). I also thought it was an overpriced option. Recently I bought a brand new condition Premium with the armor already installed. Now that I have seen it in person I think it looks fantastic. I'm curious to see how well it will stand up over the years.

Junky

#4670 2 years ago

Hi guys.

I have a TWD Prem with the bad ass KPG audio and I love it.
Yesterday I had a strange change. Normally at the end of a game Rick says his "we all know this is not gonna end well...." speech and then the background TWD music continues to play out. Now as of yesterday as soon as Rick finishes his last word in the quote all of the audio stops. No more music. It's not a huge deal but it's definitely a change. Do any if you know why this happened?

On a side note, I just installed an external subwoofer (that sounds awesome). I really don't see how this could have anything to do with the audio ending after the quote but that's the only recent change I've made.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Junky

2 weeks later
#4720 2 years ago

Hi guys. I can't find the answer here or with a google search...
On my TWD Prem I am unable to earn an extra ball during well walker multi-ball. The ball rolls through the extra ball/woodbury lane (with the extra ball light lit) but no extra ball is awarded. It works fine during normal play and during prison multi-ball but not in well walker. Have any of you seen this problem? I'm guessing this is a coding problem.
Thanks
Junky

2 weeks later
#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Anyone looking to sell their fishtank topper?

Added yesterday: FOUND!

Wow that was fast.

I want one also. Anyone else out there want to sell their fish tank topper?

1 week later
#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Already installed also. It just seems like the ramp should raise higher.

I also have the cliffy installed on mine. I didn't like how the edge of the metal ramp was slightly raised up creating a bump that the ball was hitting. It appeared to be causing some ball jump. So I removed the black foam pads completely since the cliffy is protecting the playfield anyway. Now the metal edge sits flat. No ball jumping. This would fix your problem as well.
Junky

#4924 2 years ago

I highly recommend Gnassel's BG light mod for your pin. Makes a huge difference. It's awesome how the light changes from white to red when you hit her. Should have been included from the factory IMO.
Junky

#4929 2 years ago

YES! Tonight I finally played Horde mode! It has taken me a long time to get there. I was so excited!
Set my new high score too (540 mil).
Awesome pin. I just love it!

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Does anyone have a Cleland video? I'd like to see it before I decide if it's a sound mod I definitely want to add or not?
Also can someone point me to where I can find the file for the pro? The facebook dropbox links arent working.

The links are in post #913 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/19#post-3665319

I'm running the custom kpg audio on my Premium. It sounds amazing IMO. And I've tried all of the custom audio roms I could find on my virtual pinball machine including slayer/beavis&butthead, NIN, etc.
I think both the kpg and cleland roms sound way better than stock. You should try a few and see what you like.
Junky

#4957 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I got my Speaker LED Kit installed on Saturday along with the acrylic inserts. I have to say, this is a great mod and well worth the money.
Thought I'd throw up a picture so anyone can see it that hasn't. It changes a bunch of different colors, but I thought red looked the nicest.

That looks great! I want them for mine. Please post the link.
Thanks

#4958 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks for the links. I only have a pro so I don't think I can use anything except Cleland or the music ones, and I don't really care to change the music, just the callouts.

You're welcome.
You can use any one of them, as long as it's a pro version. When you replace the rom you will be changing ALL of the audio to whatever was created by the person who made it. You won't have the option of replacing just callouts or just music. Unless you use pinball browser to make your own custom one of course. If you do, please share!
Junky

#4964 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Thanks! I think it's a great mod for the money.
Here are the two links you'll need:
Light kit:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html
Acrylic Inserts
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Thank you!

#4974 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

If all goes well I should be joining the club next week! Are there any must have mods for gameplay or setup tweaks I should know about? Can't wait!
John

Shaker
ColorDMD
Custom Rom (like KPG or Cleland)
You may need to add some rubber to combat center drains out of the pops (well documented on the forums)

Junky

#4997 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Not only are the pants coming of the well walker, the back side of the pants has adhesive that is very sticky even after falling off and stuck to a ball yesterday. The ball made a weird pivot before I noticed a fingernail size chunk was stuck to the ball (stayed on until I got it out of the shooter lane). I was thinking of peeling off the whole pants sticker but the adhesive is still on the base of the well walker and I think would just add more dirt/help the ball pick up more dirt and destroy balls pretty fast. Haven't run into this issue with another game before, any help? Should I call stern and try to get a new sticker replacement? Will that start falling apart in another six months of play too?

I removed mine when it started falling apart and then removed the glue residue with goo gone. I recently ordered these...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants
I haven't received them yet. I'm curious to see how many plays I will get before they break apart also. The WW base is a very frequently hit impact target.
Junky

2 weeks later
#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

about to join the club. A few questions
1) Going to buy color dmd. LED or LCD for this game
2) Fishtank in the back right - I see some guys have that lit up in green. What's the best way to do that.
2) LED upgrades - what do you guys suggest replacing and with what?

Maybe you were looking at Premium/LE's? They come with a green led lit tank. I went with the LCD colordmd on mine. Looks amazing in the high res mode. Can't do that with the led colordmd.
Junky

#5043 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys looking for the latest custom music that sticks to the shows roots and has a little radiohead (latest code though). Where can I find that?

Here's a bunch of info for you
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

2 months later
#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Hey guys I'm being lazy and not wanting to read through the entire thread, got a premium and was just curious of some "must do's" or must have mods..I know there has been talk about the left ramp being clunky and it is and maybe lighting up Bicycle Girl...appreciate some cliff notes on must haves or must do's....thanks!!!

My opinions..
Remove felt pads under BG ramp and install cliffy
KPG’s custom sound rom
Color DMD in high res mode
Gnassel’s BG light mod
Subwoofer!

Junky

#5357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I can’t find the cleland file. When I click on link says no longer available. Any place else to get it?

Post #913 still has them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

I personally like kpg’s better. I say try them all

Junky

4 weeks later
#5487 2 years ago

Hey guys.
I’m stoked and surprised. A new code update for my favorite pin! Awesome.

Will one of you in the know please comment on updating to the newest code while using a ColorDMD? I’m assuming that I will need to wait until ColorDMD releases an update also.
Also, is there a simple way to save the high scores with a code update? If the only solution is with pinball browser then I will read up on it.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

1 week later
#5598 2 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Joined the club today with a NIB premium. Is there any day one items I need to be aware of? The game will arrive on Monday.

Great choice! My absolute favorite pin

2 more items for your list.
Custom audio mixed code is a definite must.
Big Subwoofer!

Enjoy

Junky

2 weeks later
#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i didnt know it will be so quick... 25 games played on our brand new TWD, and my son did reach LMS ...
we're good players of course, but not wizards (right now 403 & 425 at IFPA)
for what i've read here & there, LMS is easier to reach since 1.60
and also have to say that our pinball is playing (by luck) very nicelly : only few SDTM from the prison magnet, same from the bumpers exit
off course factory setting, slope already set higher, still misses 1 cm to be to the max
final score is still "low", need more tactics to use better the modes/multiplicators...
ok than, here's a 3 minutes video as resume enjoy !
» YouTube video

Holy crap! Well done. Not only have I never reached LMS, but I’ve never even come close to that score. Very impressive! This is with all factory settings with 3 balls? Man I suck!
Junky

1 week later
#5779 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Pinball-Browser; Cataloging Sounds in TWD ***
Has anyone done any cataloging of the sounds in the v.1.6 code in Pinball-Browser?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, Pinball browser displays "Requests" by number, which correspond to sound samples. There is no description of the sound. For example, the sound for an inserted coin is listed simply as Request 168, 01s770ms. This makes it impossible to scroll through and find the samples that interest you.
It would helpful to know, for example, the request numbers of, say, the main song, etc. I have started cataloging, but there are *many* requests/samples. Has anyone here on this thread who has been using Pinball-Browser done any cataloging he/she can share? I will certainly share mine when I have more, but if there is work done already by another person, I would love to see that rather than slog through this myself.
Thanks!

Milhouse posted this 2 years ago. Hopefully this helps you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-pinball-browser-sound-data

Junky

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

This is dumb, I recently got my first color dmd. So when I update this I know I'll lose the settings/high scores, and the custom music (got the game with it, hopefully easy to replace) but will I lose the color dmd setting or file or anything?

No. Updating your gamecode to either stern’s factory 1.60 or to one of the custom mixed 1.60’s on this forum will not change anything with your colordmd software. However, you will have some very minor graphic errors with the current colordmd software after you update your game code to 1.60. Specifically in Horde mode. Colordmd will be releasing an update for this later.
Junky

#5818 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Struggling to Update Code on Pro ***
Hi.
At the risk of revisiting an oft-discussed subject, I can't get my board for recognize the freshly formatted USB drive with code that was downloaded directly to the drive from Stern's site. The file, as you all will remember, is apparently a BIN file. Can such a file just go straight onto the USB drive, or must I extract it first? In which case, what freeware extractor would you suggest? When I read threads about other people who have struggled with this process - for SW, for instance - they talk about "sdk" files. Is that what I have to extract from this BIN?
And if you're thinking my drive needs formatting, I have formatted this drive in all available formats, one after the other, and none has worked. I have also tried a second USB drive, from a different manufacturer, again using all three formatting schemes (exFAT, FAT, NTSI).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Jason

If you’ve tried formatting in fat32 and then placing the bin file in the root of the drive, and your TWD still doesn’t recognize the file, then I suggest trying another usb stick. I had a similar problem when I first tried updating my TWD as well. I tried everything I could think of. In the end I tried a different usb stick and BAM it worked perfectly. I have no explanation as to why one brand/model worked when the other didn’t.
Good luck

1 week later
#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

You're right. Someone earlier in this thread said it was updated but not posted on the site yet. My brain didn't remember the last part, whoops. Thanks for the info will get the sounds going while I wait for the color. Saw a few weird things like the last digit of the score being a different color.

There were a few flaws with some colors with the previous code 156 also. I don’t think that’s new for 160. However there are some new flaws now with horde mode that will be fixed with the newest colorDMD version. This is according to an email response I received

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Got my loaded up premium yesterday but put some time on it tonight. I had several good games and never really saw any action from the magnets. Am I missing something?

Check your fuse. Should be a slow blow. F7 if I remember right

#5867 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that was it, thank you very much.
I am mad I did not get this game sooner. My favorite Stern by a long shot. At least I waited until the code was done.

You are welcome! Glad you got it fixed.
I agree with you. My absolute favorite Stern. I go back and forth saying TWD premium and IJ are my all-time favorite pins.
My 4 top recommended mods for you are:
Custom audio code, gnassels bicycle girl light. color DMD. And a big subwoofer. I just added mirror blades also recently and I think they look great on this game.
Junky

#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

on my new premium my prison doors are taking about 4-5 shots to activate. i believe they needed adjusted somehow. ill hit them and nothing. then hit them nothing. then maybe on the third hit they respond.
anyone had to adjust them and how>?

So you are saying that the doors aren't opening on the first hit, right? They aren't supposed to. The default settings have 5 "prison" letters lit when you start a game. You will have to hit the doors twice before the doors will open. If you have changed the settings in the adjustments menu from the default to something else then you may have to hit the doors MORE than twice. For example, if you set it to start the game with only 3 letters lit then you would have to hit the doors 4 times before they open. Start a game without the glass on and break the opto beam with your finger. You should hear a sound and light a prison letter with each hit.
Hope this helps.
Junky

#5917 2 years ago

For me Barn and Riot are MUCH easier than Tunnel. Seems like I can make Tunnel only 10% of the time. This game is tough and that’s a huge part of why I love it so much. Keeps me pressing the start button. I’ve had easy games and grew tired of them quickly.
Junky

1 week later
#5963 2 years ago

Nicely done! That's awesome

#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
On my TWD Premium, the lone drop-target for the Woodbury shot is struggling. It goes down and the machine sends pulses to bring it back up, but it doesn't come up reliably anymore. Is this a coil issue? I'm not sure how to proceed. Doesn't look like one can do too much to fix this, aside from replace the coil and re-soldier everything...which I've never done!
Looks like I might be about to learn something new...anyone know what parts to order to fix this?
Cheers,
Winston.

In test mode is it struggling to come up or is it coming up and not staying up? If it's coming up and not staying up then gweempose hit the nail on the head. You're going to find a broken plastic piece that's keeping it from staying up. Easy fix and cheap. If it's struggling to come up at all then you're going to have a problem with a coil, sleeve, connector, or electrical related.
Junky

1 month later
#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Picked up a topper and blades this week and along with it came some custom side rails I guess like Rick's revolver
I am leaning toward blood armor so if anybody wants them

What topper did you get? And where did you get it from? I need one

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Just purchased my 1st NIB and its the walking dead PREM and i couldn't be more excited. it was between TWD and GOT and finally pulled the trigger on TWD this morning. Should be shipping out today and was wondering if most people play with the stock sound or with the other sound packages that are available? What did you guys do?

Excellent choice! Fantastic game. Definitely go with modded audio. Having sound clips from the show is much better IMO.
I mixed Cleland' s 1.60 with KPG's 1.56.
You can try it here..

Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys.
I updated to Cleland's 160 R on my Premium and I love it! Thank you Cleland!!
However, my GF really missed the woodbury bass thumping music from KPG's 156 version, and I really missed watching her shake her ass ...
So I modified Cleland's and uploaded it to dropbox to share. I only changed out a few audio clips. I'm assuming this won't piss off Cleland or KPG. I hope you both are cool with it. If not, let me know and I will take it down no prob.
This is the LE/Premium R version.
Enjoy
Junky
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx2eum21zj3qzu5/TWD160LE_JUNKYs_CLELAND_R_mixed_with_KPG.BIN?dl=0

#6101 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of mods for TWD anywhere?
Stern art blades are a must imo and I’m not usually a fan of lit speaker grills but the ones with Rick on the right and the zombie getting its brains blown out on the left are cool.
Who does the best crossbow?
Is there much other than those worth having?

My $.02

Color DMD
Pin sound sub out board
Big Subwoofer
Modified audio rom
Bicycle girl light (gnassels)
Speaker lights with acrylics as you mentioned
Mirror blades

1 year later
#8170 6 months ago

Ok I'm missing something probably obvious here. I can't find any general illumination test in the menu. I wanted to test some of the leds that aren't in the single lamp test.
Do any of you know where that test is?
Thanks

#8171 6 months ago
Quoted from embryon:

..I'm having problems with my crossbow and while in the pops the well walker registered a hit..

I had the same problem a while back. If you smack the playfield with your hand near the well walker I bet it will register a hit also. I had to do some minor switch adjustment on the well walker and all has been good ever since.

1 month later
#8316 5 months ago

In my current lineup my TWD Prem has been here the longest. It's not going anywhere. I still play it A LOT. What a fantastic game. And I STILL haven't seen all of it. Love it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
New Bern, NC
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside