IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hyruleinaustin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#268 9 years ago

I join the club this coming Monday. Ordered, paid, and waiting on delivery. This is my very first pin.

I am lucky enough to be nearby an arcade that has 100 pins, constantly rotating, and nearby a bar that has a dozen of the best old and new pins, all lovingly maintained. So I spent a lot of time watching the markets, looking at and playing machines (and of course I went to the Texas Pinball Festival) before I purchased.

TWD doesn't get a lot of love here on pinside, but I adore it. I cannot wait for it to come home.

#270 9 years ago

Thank you so much, Delta9. I am really looking forward to this. I spent a lot of time playing pins around Austin Texas and reading reviews, and the reviews of TWD made me think I was missing something. Every game I played on it, good or bad, made me want to immediately play another game, but the reviews made me think I was wrong for enjoying it so much. But it is just too much fun.

#274 9 years ago

So I got my TWD pin yesterday. Spent the evening setting it up, leveling it and of course playing it. I do have a couple of questions.

1. The plunger skill shot fairly consistently hits the bottom left jet bumper on the way up rather than continue its path to the top of the machine. I assume this is a leveling issue.

2. I am trying to update the game code. Everything seems to go well. It erases the old flash then updates with the new then... nothing really. It returns to the initial update screen as though nothing has occurred and the game is rendered unplayable. Any thoughts?

#276 9 years ago

As for the dipswitch, yes. It goes through some of the updating process. It erases the old image. Then it kicks out to the Update Screen again. I have sent a message to Stern's software folks. Right now I am reformatting my thumbdrive (FAT-32) and trying again. Everything seems to go fine and then it just stops.

#278 9 years ago

It's 2G. It's an older one. I wonder if I would do better to just go out and buy a new one.

#279 9 years ago

UPDATE: I got it working. For any one else new to the world of updating game code: FORMAT THE THUMB DRIVE.

Even though I manually took everything "visible" off the drive before I moved the new code on to it, and things appeared to work, it didn't like it. After erasing using a dick utility and reformatting, everything worked. Thank you capgun and QuarterG for the advice.

#280 9 years ago

Haha. "Dick utility." I assure you the disk utility was not a dick. It was quite pleasant to work with.

#284 9 years ago

Switched the plastics. Thank you.

The plunger is hitting a good 1/8 of an inch to the right of the center of the ball. Not exactly sure how to fix something that is that far off. I don't want to do anything "dramatic."

#289 9 years ago

So I have had this game now for 24 hours. And certainly I am in the Honeymoon phase. Won't argue that.

But this is a fantastic game. I've read people complain that it has no flow. Are they playing a different game than me? This game has nothing but flow. When you slot into that groove and know what you want to do with the left or right flipper and your aim is on, this game lights up like New Years.

Hit my personal high score today: 155million.

Loving it.

#292 9 years ago

Wow. How is that a thing? I think my highest CDC score is, uh, 100,000. Because I drain instantly after starting it. Like I fear it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hyruleinaustin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=hyruleinaustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.