Topic Stats

• 8,620 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6350 1 year ago

If you are wanting help in the outlines, look in the market section for ball save, Walking Dead, helps a lot.

Quoted from Damien:Does anyone know if the outlane posts can be moved down?
It looks like there is some space for it to slide albeit very little.

#6375 1 year ago

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the plastic protectors on mine. It wasn't too bad. The biggest pain in the ass was getting to all the stuff on the right under the ramps. I replaced all the rubbers with Titans at the same time, which allowed me to kill two birds with one stone.

Funny stuuff,I did the same. I agree about the right side. I have installed protector sets before,really help. Plastics are expensive & a pain to find. This is the first set I have seen with pops included.

1 week later
#6409 1 year ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

From what I’ve read, shifting the weights on a Cointaker shaker won’t exactly do much. Should I go with electrical tape for best results or spend the extra few bucks and get anti rattle tape? Anybody done either of these if not both and had a comparison?

My premium came with clear anti- rattle tape on the glass, works great. Comparing to electrical tape, I would vote for clear. Seems like sliding the glass in & out would make black tape move & bug you. Just my opinion. By the way, if you install the clear vibration stuff, it is quite a snug fit, harder to slide in and out, but, works good & stays in place.

#6453 1 year ago

Great info.,thanks. I got the premium, never have read the manual. The manual is massive.

4 weeks later
#6608 1 year ago

I own TOTAN,MET, and TWD premium. Only the prison magnet out of those 3 games goes SDTM. Timing on a flip most of the time avoids it, if you don't, it is a shot between the flippers every time, only on TWD. I do love the game,though.

#6654 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a red tremor in my MET, and it shook like crazy until I installed a motor speed controller.

My MET & TWD premium both have red tremors. Way too strong. Where did you find a motor speed controller from?

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

RioRand™ Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor Pump Speed Controller amazon.com link »

I will get 2, thanks a lot.

1 month later
#6771 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game. Trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

I have a premium, the shaker in the settings can be set to to light,medium, and heavy use. If you do, I recommend the Stern shaker at Pinball Life. I have Cointaker and do not like it. It comes on when you hit an orbit shot during multi- ball. Also, during all the modes, if, you keep the ball in play.

1 week later
#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know where I can get this translite? I'm also looking for the Stern fish tank topper, is it unobtanium at this point?
[quoted image]

There are 2 more versions of alternate translights currently on EBay. The fish tank topper is a tough one.

2 months later
#7083 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm about to join the club - this time premium. Giving TWD one more look as my pro experience wasn't the best but that was older code.
For premium owners, I'm hearing about a few must have mods to correct things such as the lift ramp. Can someone confirm what to ensure is on there or buy? Thanks!

For the lift ramp,a Cliffy is a must. The felt pads on the stock ramp dig quickly into the playfield. Color dmd and Cleland's adult version help a lot.

1 week later
#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Stay far far away from the R rated if you have young kids LOL.

I agree, I have the R , also. There is one statement by Negan that is pretty intense. No children.

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

or I just slid my ***down your *** and you thanked me for it.... Damn i better not have any people with kids in my pin room LOL

Quoted from HIPPY:

I agree, I have the R , also. There is one statement by Negan that is pretty intense. No children.

That is the one. Intense.

2 months later
#7501 10 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Who sells the speaker acrylics with Rick shooting a gun on one, and the Zombie getting shot on the head on the other?

Those are also at cointaker,if you need lights,too.

3 weeks later
#7577 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My magnet is fair but the drain from the pops Kill me. Has anyone done anything around the pop area to help with this? I nudge, slap, kick...helps but I constantly fight it.

I added a 3/16" rubber to the post on the ramp entrance, raised up about a half inch. Helps a lot. I got a premium. I fit it over the post, tight, but works.

#7599 9 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Trying to convince myself to drop coin Into a colordmd for my twd pro.
But than which type? Led of lcd? The videos I found look to be all in high res eg lcd Display.
I have an acdc and met with smartdmd in highres mode but also a tspp with a pin2dmd which is a led display and these colors really pop. However, tspp is also cartoonesk so this fits led better I think.
Any opinions out there?

I got the lcd, it is the way to go. I had to go led on my Tommy. One huge negative on led, glare on the glass. Gotta go with shields.

1 month later
#7738 8 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Would like to add some light to my playfield
suggestions?

I have been thinking about this, too. Problem is, the only steady GI lights I can find to attach to, are the backboard. Pin stadium are too bright & a pain when you need under the playfield.

#7747 7 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What is to explain? Just mounted two spotlights as you see on many sterns and the two wires are connected to the nearest GI light.

On a premium, all gi are CPU controlled. The only steady burning lights are on the backboard. Looks easy to do on a Pro.

#7759 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

Go with yoyokopter listed above, helps a lot.

#7774 7 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

Only sound, and well worth it.

3 weeks later
#7816 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I added a flipper rubber to the right ramp area to try and cope with drains from the pops. It has helped a little but still extremely frustrating. Not sure what to try next.

I did the added flipper,also. On the ramp post I also added a ring rubber to the bottom of the post sleeve. Helps a lot, still happens, though.

1 month later
#7920 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted the guy who sells the mod on Ebay. Turns out the wiring on the mod block is incorrect, and he will send me a new one. I kept wondering why this thing wasnt' working. Tried like 100 times. So if someone has this mod and it doesn't work, contact the seller!

I got this mod from Judge Dredd in UK. Works great. He is a good seller and creator of his mods. He will make it right.I got his stuff on a few of my games.

3 months later
#8296 73 days ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It is all lights, including the spot lights...

This happened to me recently. When you close the playfield, I believe it jostled loose a light connector on the lower light board. Look just behind where the horde is. They are daisy chained.

1 week later
#8362 63 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

I like cliffys, fits great.

4 weeks later
#8437 36 days ago
Quoted from Manic:

It *would* be nice to finally have something that would work on the Premium. This must be fan made though as in the show the zombies certainly aren't all bald. Kinda throws me a little looking at it.
But it's nice to have an alternative.

I got one for my premium at Ministry of Pinball, UK. The governor. Best part is it removes the glare from the glass. Check it out.

#8454 35 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What's impossible? Because you narrow the shot by a millimeter with a wider post sleeve the shot no longer can be made? The shot is wide enough that adding another millimeter makes no difference. It's not a tight shot to begin with. The ball hits the wider post as it rolls out of the pops just enough to cause it to fall to the left flipper with little impact on making the tunnel or arena shots.

I added the same post you did. I believe he was asking about the 100% statement. It helps, but, by no means stops them. There are still plenty of sdtm.

1 week later
#8521 25 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I had an idea for a cheap "mod". I love the zombie/survivor shadows inside of the prison what can be seen when the flashers activate. I was thinking about making something similar for the roof of the prison. Maybe a "survivors inside" sign that's only seen when flashing?
Has anyone done this before?

Try EBay for the roof mod from Judge Dredd. I did, helps a lot, cheap, shows when flashers go off. I did not do the survivor mod, though.
Something to think about.

1 week later
#8585 15 days ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I'm wanting to install Cleland's "R" rated sound code and I'm curious if it changes any of the game settings and defaults back to factory when you download it??
Also where do you find the current version at? THX

If you look back in this post, there are many posts about this. I have the R rated code highly recommend it, certainly not at a household with children. Hard to beat hearing Negan, Merle, Dwight,Rick, & many others during gameplay. As for factory settings, I don’t think so. Research the postings for Cleland’s in this thread.

#8588 14 days ago

Thanks! I found a few different posts about the code. I'm definitely going to install it...the stock cheesy callouts got old real quick!

Just to give an example . At the end of a game I just finished,Negan "this is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls" . That stuff is all in the game by all the characters.

#8595 11 days ago

I downloaded the code and you're right man it's awesome! It's like playing a whole new game!

Pause before you launch the ball. You will hear Negan whistle at you. Funny stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Schererville, IN
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Houston, TX
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside