Topic Stats

• 8,620 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Do you guys mind posting a few pics of your TWDs?? I love seeing pics of games in the home setting next to other pins.

I took delivery of my PBR TWD Premium one week ago. Below are some photos of my new TWD in my game room.

I am still getting used to the game and the rule set so any pointers on game play are certainly welcome.

Gord

DSCN0320_(resized).JPG
DSCN0358_(resized).JPG
DSCN0355_(resized).JPG
DSCN0322_(resized).JPG

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tip #1 is TWD looks horrible sitting next to that BSD, best just sell that BSD to me to clear up that room a little bit!

I will keep that in mind should Drac ever want to leave the building.

Gord

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have an invisiglass installed on their TWD? Mine seems to have allot of glare and I wonder if the glass helps.

I have PDI Non-Glare glass installed on my Pinball Refinery Edition of TWD Premium. Below are some photos of the playfield taken with the PDI NG glass on the game.

Gord

DSCN0360_(resized).JPG
DSCN0419_(resized).JPG
DSCN0418_(resized).JPG
DSCN0359_(resized).JPG
DSCN0355_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've been waiting 8 mos.

As soon as you see that the prison tower mod is available you need to order right away. The last group of prison tower mods sold out in less than 1 day so it seems to be in pretty high demand.

Gord

3 months later
#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

OK. Halloween-Pinball party Saturday night. What version of code should I run and where can I download it?

Hey Vince,

Try the following URL for the 1.56 (latest) version of the CLELAND code. I have had this on my TWD Premium for 7 months or so and I really like it.

LE/Premium

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN

Gord

1 year later
#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah - I get that I've done that. But when the machine is powered up, it sets the volume super high, all other settings are fine.
Neil.

After updating the code on my TWD premium to version 1.60 my overall volume was set really high (38 on the front service panel) and was unbearably loud even for my deaf ears. I lowered the volume (using front service panel buttons) to a more tolerable level (18 or so) and the game retained the new settings without any issues even after rebooting.

Gord

2 weeks later
#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from lb1:

Just got a Premium and the first thing I did was to touch up and Mylar the chip in the shirt. We’ll see how this holds.
Matching the color was easy. Green / Red / White.

Another option to fix the pants on the well walker is the following.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants

Gord

2 weeks later
#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Anyone have pictures or instructions on how to hook up the topper?

Hi Ron,

The following video from Pinball Supernova may prove useful.

Gord

1 month later
#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Terminus tip of the day.
Warning a bit of a spoiler..
Terminus is started as the 6th mode by completing the drops again and making any shot to start the mode.
It consists of 5 times a hurryup value that counts down every time and can be made on every shot.
Once a shot is made, the value resets and starts counting down again. An already made shot cannot be used again.
1st hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode
2nd hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
3rd hurryup value: 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
4th hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
5th hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
So play your 5th mode big! As it counts in every hurry up value.
Actually during the 5th mode, every other shot adds value to the current mode value as all the shots from modes already played give/add you a 'past mode' value.
My strategy
I mostly light double playfield at the tower jackpot before I start.
Shoot CDC to start Terminus and directly I make the first hurry up in the riot shot so I get my double playfield going.
I then concentrate on the other shots but I try to get tunnel before the others.
On my last but one shot I go for a ramp so I can use my X multiplier to use on my very last hurry up and cash in big.
My x champ is currently at 350M+, and a terminus total of 600M+
TWD is such a good game . Noticed is it in the archives now at the Stern games page.

Dang, I need to spend some serious time on my TWD premium playing it using your tips. I pretty much just shoot at whatever is flashing and try to keep the ball alive.

Thanks for documenting this as I now have an actual strategy to try out.

Gord

1 month later
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

I haven't noticed any visible wood grain on my TWD Premium playfield. I don't see any wood grain in person or in the photo that is shown below of my TWD playfield.

Gord

P1000890 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Help, trying to install Cleland code and I get a "Turn on SW 8" message when i go to the usb in the game menu and try to download it, Any help would be appreciated. Bought my premium from Cointaker in March and cannot stop playing it!!

Here are instructions for updating the game code for TWD.

Gord

Game_Code_Update_Instructions.pdf

#6555 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Help, i’m trying to find the cleland code and instructions to put it in walking dead 1.60. Just got my premium from Cointaker in March and can’t stop playing it.

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/4#post-4107914

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive - basically exactly what you would do for a ColorDMD ROM file upgrade.

3. Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions.

No need to turn the game off. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update. - LTG : )™

4. Wait a good 20 minutes for the game to erase the current memory and install the new BIN file. Follow the prompts on the screen to return the game to normal mode once the code update is complete.

#6570 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

When I extracted the file I got two .bin files... Which one do I use?
TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN.cpgz 78.4 MB
And this...
TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN 97 MB
I'd also like to have the R rated feature on.
Cheers.

When you download the BIN file to your hard drive (there is only one file as shown by the photo below) you need to copy that one BIN file to a USB drive. I am not sure why you are trying to extract the BIN file.

I just successfully downloaded the R rated BIN file to my hard drive and copied it to a USB drive without any problems as a test.

Gord

Cleland_File (resized).jpg

#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A friend with a TWD visited a local hardware store and drilled the holes according to the original and voila, operational again.
So removed head and transported the pin upstairs. So officially in now
Installed also Cleland sound package a d off we go

Nice job on the repair.

Gord

4 months later
#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Can anyone help me with the fish tank topper. I've had the pin for awhile and am just getting around to installing the topper. I have the unboxing directions but not the wiring. Says sheet 77-7517-00 for wiring instructions. I have seen the video and it seems I am missing the blue and white part of the harness. if someone has a part # for the connectors or schematic or even a close up picture. Thanks

You may find the following PDF helpful in your wiring task for TWD topper.

Gord

TWD_Wiring.pdf

3 weeks later
#7303 11 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I just picked up a TWD Pro yesterday. Game is great so far, but I think it's already time to change the call outs to cleland version. Can someone please let me know how I can get his version and how the entire process works. Is it no different than doing a typical stern update, but with his code?
Edit: I think I've found the code. My only question now is, do you do the update like any other stern code update, but with clelands code? I would assume yes.

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/4#post-4107914

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive.

3. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update.

Gord

3 months later
#7654 8 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

May be picking up a TWD with the fish tank topper and may sell to offset the cost of the game. Anyone sell one lately and know what they're going for?

Don't sell the topper as you will likely regret it down the road. I paid $400 for my NIB TWD topper about 3 years ago when they were still available. I seem to recall seeing one in like new condition sell for $450 or so a few months ago.

Gord

6 months later
#8347 65 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Where can I buy the replacement for the well sticker? Thank you

I use the following decal on my well walker and it looks great.

Gord

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside