New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106132)

TWD Club, only walkers not welcome !!!

By pinball_erie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,603 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by 2manyhobbies
  • Topic is favorited by 216 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7355 (resized).jpg
P1050435 (resized).jpg
P1050424 (resized).jpg
P1050428 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg
121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).png
twitch golf stats bg (resized).png
3641BCF7-9BEA-46C9-B6FF-64F343D3C328 (resized).jpeg
1855990C-65E6-49AA-938E-4DC6EE7A2802 (resized).jpeg
8ADF1190-F28B-43AE-9955-833CEE4BD146 (resized).jpeg
IMG20200925122538 (resized).jpg
IMG20200925122622 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
4B872A1A-453D-4712-8863-72A9F9ADB3D0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (4 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7294 1 year ago

TWD prem and TSPP are on my radar right now for next game. I haven't played but only a handful of games on either. hmmm...
I haven't seen a single episode of TWD, but looks like that isn't necessary for understanding the pin.

#7297 1 year ago

I think the one I was looking at has the other code/callouts. What is a fair price for a prem Dead?

1 week later
#7343 1 year ago

Joined the club today. Never really played it before, looking forward to it.

20181222_161717 (resized).jpg
#7347 1 year ago

New to the club. Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes? I've watched a few vids but would like to read them.

#7353 1 year ago

Been trying to make the tunnel shot with the crossbow. Haven't been successful yet.

#7358 1 year ago

Watching the Bowen tutorial. He keeps saying about using his "X". What exactly does that mean?

#7360 1 year ago

Thanks. I wouldn't have figured that out. Most of the time I just aim for flashing shit. I don't know how you guys remember all the details.

#7363 1 year ago

Been watching vids to learn some strategy. Still not clear about modes. What to do after you start one and how to finish it.

#7367 1 year ago

Jeez. I'd be thrilled to get 200m.

#7372 1 year ago

So if I'm playing cdc mode, I won't get awarded the points unless i hit the correct shots to finish the mode.? Like hitting the scoop to collect a CIU on Metallica?

1 week later
#7406 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I need the left Outlane fix. Anyone ?

What is this? Details?

#7425 1 year ago

This game kicks my ass. Makes TNA feel like a marathon.

I still don't know exactly what I'm doing. I get the drop targets to start a mode, but when I select a mode, is it mostly just trying to hit that same shot repeatedly? Also not clear on what I should focus on in Well Walker mb and Bloodbath. I seem to get Bloodbath frequently but not sure what the objectives are.
I've read the rule sheet, but still leaves me with a lot of questions.

1 week later
#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m officially a temporary resident of this club! I’ve been looking around for a Pro for a while, but then made a temporary swap of games with a friend for this bad boy. It’s completely kicking my ass so far.
[quoted image]

Mine kicks my ass so badly that I will go play BSD for a relaxing game.

#7451 1 year ago

The brutal row.
Every push of a start button comes with a complementary nut punch.

bsd (resized).jpeg
#7465 1 year ago

As usual, I'm bored and looking at some mods for my TWD. Anyone add those blood splatter decals? Just wondering if it looks good or too much? Any pics?

https://cointaker.com/products/twd-blood-splatter-decals

#7497 1 year ago

Is the left ramp a pain to remove?

#7506 1 year ago

I haven't had my game that long. Was playing a "quickie" Saturday before I had to head out. Of course, I lite Horde for the first time ever. Was running late and was so excited...I forgot how to start it. Wound up draining. F*$# me. Don't know when I'll get there again. Oh well, will give me motivation to play.

#7528 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes.

Learn to use Pinball Browser and you can put in your own.
I watched snailman finish CDC with a 185,000,000 shot a couple weeks ago. It was awesome.

How do you do that? I'm still trying to figure out how to get big scores out of these modes.

#7533 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

Also,...
If you have played any other modes (barn, I prefer), then before you start shooting the ramp to build and light the jackpots, you can shoot the lit shots (barn,riot,etc, whatever mode you previously played) to add 500k to the base value, it's basically like shooting 10,20? ramps, as the ramp shot only builds 25k per shot, I think.
That's how I've gotten huge CDC totals.
This also works with all the other modes too, adding value to them.

If only I could keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage of that...

#7535 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's still a tough pin, but get these. You'll be very thankful you did.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd

Have them. lol.

They've definitely helped a bit. Maybe I need to put bigger rubber on them. hahaha.

1 week later
#7572 1 year ago

My magnet is fair but the drain from the pops Kill me. Has anyone done anything around the pop area to help with this? I nudge, slap, kick...helps but I constantly fight it.

2 weeks later
#7639 1 year ago

got horde for 1st time yesterday.

3 weeks later
#7682 1 year ago

I've gotten to Horde a few times, but I swear this game sucks balls for being intuitive on the rules. I still don't know how I collected all the weapons.

#7685 1 year ago

I'm trying to "get" this game. It just doesn't click with me. I can walk up to any other game that I own and everything is very clear what to do. I don't get why everyone loves this code.

Is it because mine has the Cleland code with absolutely ZERO helpful callouts? Does the standard code have helpful callouts?

#7692 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a tough game to figure out, but once you do the magic shines. Took me a long time, watching some videos really helped. Main thing to get going is knock down the drop targets and get modes started. I find acdc actually much harder to figure out what’s going on.

I've read the rules/watched videos a few times. I don't know. I think I get CDC mode, but have yet to really score big on it. The other modes, I still don't know. Do I just keep hitting the same shot over and over?
Same with WW multiball..do you aim for pops/spinners? I don't know.
Blood Bath...I never remember what to do there either.

#7694 1 year ago

I also put a flipper rubber by the right ramp to stop pop drains. MF'r still goes down the middle repeatedly.

#7698 1 year ago

Funny thing is, I get the CDC mode. Why does it seem like there is so much to that mode, but others are just hit the same shot repeatedly? I guess that's why I don't see the hype about the code.

1 month later
#7813 1 year ago

I added a flipper rubber to the right ramp area to try and cope with drains from the pops. It has helped a little but still extremely frustrating. Not sure what to try next.

#7815 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Try leveling or on purpose slightly not level it. 100% drain free will never happen though, at least not on mine.

I was thinking that. What would be best....tilt to the right so it bounces off the ramp rubber more, or tilt left towards the pop side to hit the left flipper?

#7828 1 year ago

I admit I don't really know when to use them. For some reason, this is the only game I own that the code just hasn't clicked with me.

1 month later
#7995 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I tried it and went back to original too... so you're not alone

Mine came with the Cleland code so I've never played it with stern callouts. I've never seen an episode of TWD so it probably doesn't matter how the stern one sounds...but
...i would like more helpful callouts. Do you get a lot more of them with stern?

#7997 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes. Only you can decide if you like them better or not. Find a The Walking Dead (Pro) on location near you and try it out. Or watch a stream. Elwin has a couple and Bowen did a tutorial on it.

Ok. If I switch to Sterns most recent code, should I later want to switch back to Cleland...where do I find that? Since my game came with Cleland, I don't know where it came from.

#7999 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall there is a backup option in the UTILITIES menu. Backup your current code, try the stern standard code and if you want to go back, restore from your backup stick.

Cool. I'll give that a go.

3 weeks later
#8082 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s some screenshots of stuff I found to be useful. Lyman’s code is incredible, but not necessarily intuitive. There’s a lot to learn, but very rewarding once you figure it out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wish I could get a game to last long enough to see this stuff.

#8085 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had that problem when I first got the game. What started opening up the game for me was to try and shoot the drop targets first. That gets you the first game mode.. I like to keep shooting those drops over and over to try and get bloodbath..

I get bloodbath regularly. I'm not sure what to do when I get it.

3 weeks later
#8196 1 year ago
Quoted from kuchiyaji:

Brilliant explanation! Things are much clearer now

Yeah. I'll probably never see that without taking the glass off.

3 weeks later
#8268 1 year ago

I'd love to get an LE backglass. Is that possible?

1 week later
#8330 1 year ago

Just played a few games.
Fuck this game.
.I love you, but seriously, you're a bitch.
Ok. One more.

4 weeks later
#8394 1 year ago

Great score. I just can't get this machine going. It's one drainy bitch. I also have pains in my left hand/elbow from slapping the mf'r.

1 week later
#8468 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

This flipper rubber was a total game changer. I hated this machine until I added it; now I love it. Sdtm is no longer an issue.[quoted image]

Lucky. I did the same on mine and it still goes sdtm a lot. May have to unlevel the pin

#8476 1 year ago

Had a rare decent game this weekend. Reached Horde for the third time. Cool mode, but man do I struggle to get there.

edit: Got to Horde twice this weekend. Yay. It's a battle against drains the entire time. Brutal.

#8483 1 year ago

I just started putting time back on this game and have reached Horde a few times recently. What makes it kick out more balls? Is it a time thing or certain shots?

#8491 1 year ago

I don't know what's going on but have been reaching Horde quite a bit lately. Not complaining. Haha.

Dumb question..what is the yellow rr xing insert for?

#8501 1 year ago

I've been getting back into this game. I have yet to reach Siege, so that will be my goal over the next few days. What shot(s) start that mode once it is qualified?

Also, those little yellow inserts...do they award a multikill weapon? Do you have to collect "x" amount of them to get a weapon? I always shoot for them but not sure how they are scored.

#8504 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

The shot with the yellow insert lit awards two walker kills rather than 1. It lights after completing a mode and then moves around after each shot. Once you drain you are back to one walker kill.

Ah...thanks.

#8509 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The rulesheet here is relatively accurate
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58#post-3202060
I highly suggest reading it for some of the finer details of the code. Truly one of the best coded games of all time!

*if you can stay alive long enough....

#8515 1 year ago

Just to prepare myself as I plan on reaching Siege soon...haha... what shots start it after its qualified?

Don't want to have an oh crap moment like when I first lit Horde and didn't know what to do.

#8542 1 year ago

Is there a setting to spot more Prison letters the second time around?

#8546 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Yes there is one, can't recall the name but there sure is one.

Think I found it

#8547 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...
During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.
During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.
When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.
I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

Crap. I've been trying to get to Siege. Guess I've been doing it wrong?
I thought for stage one you just have to clear all the blue shots then finish at the prison. For stage two I thought all you have to do is hit a blue shot then hit the prison to relight the blue shots and repeat that x amount of times to start Seige.
Is that not correct? I have to hit ramps too?

#8552 1 year ago

I'm still confused about Seige stage two. Do you have to hit a ramp then prison each time or any blue shot and a prison hit, then once you get the required amount of jackpots, then shoot a ramp?

#8555 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In stage two only the ramps are lit. Ramp prison. Ramp prison.

oh. I thought stage one was clear the yard, then hit the prison to start stage two multiball?
When my multiball begins the same blue shots are all lit same as stage 1.

#8561 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stage one doesn’t start until you’re in MB.

Wait, what? You fucking with me?
I always thought stage one was clear the yard?
I'm in deep shit then.

#8564 1 year ago

That's where I'm confused.

2 months later
#8783 9 months ago

Looked up at the dmd and had last man standing ready. I hit the Woodbury shot twice and didn't notice any mode start?
Dont think I've ever gotten there before so wasn't sure what happens.

#8786 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's a lot of walker kills!! ,excellent playing!! but so frustrating to get there and not see LMS …. did you get to 115 during multiball or singleball ? ( wondering if it will only start if in singleball?) was the last man standing insert lit or flashing on the playfield and the side flashers flashing?

It's weird. I didn't think I had that many kills, I'm not that good at the game. I just happened to glance up at the DMD and saw it said LMS was ready. I don't remember what was lit.

2 weeks later
#8819 9 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just bought a pro, fun game. What does the cleland code fo, is it better than factory? Thx

Mine (2nd owner) came with the Cleland code. I've been thinking about putting the original code on to see if it is any good. I've never played it with original callouts. But, I'm not sure where to find the cleland code should I want to switch back.

#8839 9 months ago

Is 85m a good Horde score?

1 month later
#8964 7 months ago

I like the game bit I'll never come close to figuring out the nuances to the rules.

1 week later
#9021 6 months ago

I don't think I'll ever see Seige.
I had the absolute worst Horde yesterday. Completely nerfed it, which sucked because otherwise, I had a really good game.

1 week later
#9070 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thought I would share something I learned today. Maybe this isn't news to most. I've been going after siege for like two weeks now on default settings. I always read and thought you could hit the doors and then the Walker for a jackpot. Been trying to do this for this whole time. I noticed today after my third prison mb in a game that regardless of how many times I hit the doors, they wouldn't open. Took the glass off and discovered after 6 kills, hitting the doors doesn't open them. You have to hit a ramp and then hit the prison. There really isn't an audio cue with cleland code to tell you you got a jackpot once you start alternating ramps and prison besides the shaker (if you have it).
Hopefully with this information I can finally attain it. After I do, it's definitely going down to something like 8 jackpots instead of 12 (I have a pro)

Does the standard Stern code have helpful callouts in these situations? Mine has had Cleland code since I bought it. I'd switch back for helpful callouts.

1 week later
#9098 6 months ago

Are most people running the Cleland code? I'm thinking about loading Stern on there as I've never played the game with factory callouts.

#9104 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

People that enjoy the series are running Clelands code since you get the real actor voices instead of a single southern impersonator. If you have no interest in the show then I could imagine not caring about the voice changes and run the stock software. I will always run Clelands sound mod, its soooooooo much better. So may different voices and entertaining call outs. Love it!

I've never seen a single episode of the show. I'm just looking for more helpful callouts. If Stern code has that, then maybe I'll give it a try.

2 months later
#9294 3 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

yeah I’m the same. But that’s ok. No longer any prison magnet drains. And I put the yoyokopter extenders on. Almost makes it easy!
I have a TSPP and a NGG which will drain out of the pops at least 1 in 10. Sometimes pinball has to be unfair. Otherwise it just becomes like video games nowadays with no permadeath.
If I had it half the time out of the pops.... yes I would have the shits.
In working out the level, I know it’s cool to be really steep. However, sometimes it stuffs up flow. I put all my games steep for a bit, and then I noticed something with my WCS which I also notice with TWD. If you make it to steep the ball can bounce dramatically at the end of the returns before it drops into the inlanes. This kills flow and makes the game a bit boring when trying to do continuous loops like bicycle girl. I have mine set to around 6.6 and it shoots fast whilst stopping this bounce at the end of the ramps. Just a personal preference.

Mine has yoyokopter lane extenders, flipper rubber by the pops and I turned the magnet. Still a massive draining bitch. Absolutely brutal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside