IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3255 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Did you take the whole mech out to put them on or were able to do it from top of playfield with him still on?

You should be able to put it on without taking anything apart. Just pop out the rubber grommet, put the decal on, and put the grommet back in. I cut a little hole in the decal for the grommet to fit through.

1 week later
#3344 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Resourcefulness comes to me because I'm cheap and I don't like paying for someone to make a mod that I can make just as well. $15-$20 for a simple sign? Please. Why would I need someone to paint a well walker for over $50? It's not painting the Mona Lisa, it's just blood and guts....you really can't fuck that up. I think my well walker look better than any that are sold by the commercial modders too. After looking at their well walkers I can see how basic of a paint job it is. No imagination, just touching up what is already there on the well walker.
The drippy gore is hot glue painted red with a paint stick. I used the hot glue on the well walker too for some nice gore.

I like your DIY mods. Where did you get the image for your hell gas station sign?

#3369 7 years ago

I was disappointed when I realized the Premium has a bunch of tiny LEDs soldered to light boards for the inserts. I experimented with some transparent colored film. Blue (WELL) looks great, red (crosshairs) isn't bad. Green (supplies) is a little too dim.

20160909_171336 (resized).jpg20160909_171336 (resized).jpg
20160909_172504 (resized).jpg20160909_172504 (resized).jpg
20160909_191614 (resized).jpg20160909_191614 (resized).jpg

#3381 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I did the film thing too... added red sparingly on bloodbath, horde and Woodbury (to balance it out). I was going to add more colors but then decided I didn't want this particular machine to get too "cheerful". And as you pointed out... some of the film colors do noticeably dim the inserts.

I think the Well Walker ones look good with filters because those inserts are transparent. The crosshairs and supplies inserts are translucent white, so adding the filters makes them too dim.

#3393 7 years ago

I added a Polk 10" sub after reading recommendations on Pinside, and it sounds great! If I had to pick, I think I'd add the sub before a shaker motor, but both are pretty cheap compared to the cost of the pin.

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Mine actually came with some great balls for once so you may not need a set.
Well that sure doesn't sound right... lol

Same here. I was expecting the worst after all the comments here, but I just used the ones in the game.

#3437 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've got a TWD premium and want to swap out the "Walker" LEDs with a different color LED than white, say green perhaps, to make them stand out. Is there a way to do this? I am uncomfortable with removing the LEDs from the circuit boards. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

I did mine blue, like this, as suggested above by Apollyon:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/68#post-3339715

#3472 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks, guys! I opened it at our league spot last night and it was a hit. We've had a Pro there for a long time, but most of the guys had never played the Premium (or LE). I'm bringing it home today. Already have the Gnassel BG Mod and a few other things to add.
Does anyone know if this pin is currently being colorized? The dots are great and a color DMD would be a must-buy on this one.

I thought I saw one Pinsider hinting that it was being worked on.

3 weeks later
#3603 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My top rollover inserts disappear during skillshot sometimes
Anyone else have that happen?
Also even if I fail @ my Woodbury reward the redneck still hoots n hollers praise as if I made the shot.
Aaaaand my Woodbury doesnt light for Horde but I think I read thats missing? My flasher lights up tho.

The second two things you mentioned are normal.

#3665 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gonna stick with the dime vs nickel after all
Laugh all you want. I too find it funny.
Yet the prison walker registers like a boss now.
Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or too lol
Im sure a more elegant solution would be to put another legit switch spacer (whatever those tan squares are) on the actual bracket where the leaf switch attaches (not pictured)
I have a 2014 run if that makes a difference.
Perhaps Stern already added a spacer to the switch. In all likelihood tho these games are assembled by hand & although pilot holes are pre drilled for the brackets I know things can move a bit when fastened so each game will register a bit better or worse than others. Just my thinking

I bought one made this year, and I still implemented your fix. I taped a nylon washer (about the the thickness of a nickel but lighter) to the back of the red target, and it's much better.

I couldn't stand how only strong direct hits would register.

#3666 7 years ago

Ha, first game after making this adjustment, I got almost 500M, which is a personal best for me. I was hitting lots of jackpots during Prison Multiball and I even lit Horde for only the second time, though I still couldn't manage to hit the Woodbury shot.

#3667 7 years ago

I may have to make a similar adjustment to Bicycle Girl.

1 month later
#3807 7 years ago

My crossbow motor sometimes hesitates. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

#3813 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Do you mean it hesitates firing or moving. Mine sometimes won't fire on the first round. Another thing that drives me nuts about my game. I was told it's on the switch that recognizes that the ball is loaded.

It used to happen about 10% of the time. Now it's at least 50%. The mech will start to turn but stop almost immediately. It then goes back to home before turning normally, but I don't get the chance to fire it. It fires automatically, usually at the prison.

This is really souring me on the Crossbow and the premium in general.

Someone mentioned (possibly in this thread) that it was a software issue and that they had received a patched version from Lyman that resolves this.

I was looking forward to a future code update, but I'm not sure why it's happening so frequently now. Maybe a different issue.

#3818 7 years ago

Thanks. I forgot I actually started a new thread for that!

#3821 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If it's a physical issue try a little white lithium grease where it slides out of the metal crossbow mech. I found some I use for my garage door rollers and it solved a similar issue I had a long time ago.

I'm going to take the apron off and have a look when I get home from work. Can you tell me specifically where you added grease? You said "where it slides out." What is "it"? Thanks.

#3823 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm talking about the metal mechanism where the crossbow swings out of and folds back into after the crossbow shot is made. If the physical mechanics of the mechanism aren't operating freely, try greasing it to facilitate its movement.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense. It won't hurt to try, but I'm starting to think it's not mechanical after playing around in test mode.

The odd thing about test mode is that the motor doesn't always turn the same direction and if the cam depresses the roller switch, the motor stops. That may be normal though. The manual doesn't give any details on the game-specific tests.

#3828 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm talking about the metal mechanism where the crossbow swings out of and folds back into after the crossbow shot is made. If the physical mechanics of the mechanism aren't operating freely, try greasing it to facilitate its movement.

I don't know why I was so skeptical at first. I added a little lithium grease and it seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

#3839 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Haha ...some times it's the simplest things.

Well, it's back. It's happened 3 of the last 4 times. Frustrating. I think I'll just have to disable the crossbow.

Edit: tried a little grease on the cam itself and it seems a lot smoother. Will keep an eye on it.

2 months later
#4116 7 years ago

Color DMD ROM posted a day early if you guys didn't see it yet:

http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

Edit: looks like it was officially posted 8 hours ago. My bad! Just read the thread.

1 month later
#4360 7 years ago

I'm really digging the alternate ROM with Tool music and some alternate callouts, along with Color DMD!

8 months later
#5524 6 years ago

I didn't even worry about backing up scores since the rules/scoring changed significantly. My very first game after going to the new code, I killed 52 walkers (my best, sadly) and scored 200M, which is a pretty good game for me.

I like that the game's a little easier and I might actually see more of the game now. I am also working on my nudging!

I have been using @ezeltmann's Tool ROM which is great if you love Tool.

3 months later
#6127 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Oh my gosh thank you! I agree that was beyond frustrating. Only other thing I have changed was I disabled the BK ramp
from going up because I like the flow better and I got ransom drains when hitting her and that was frustrating.

I just disabled the BG ramp too. I got two high scores in a row and almost made it to HORDE which I have only done twice before.

The only problem is, it makes the crossbow shot much harder on that ramp, if not impossible.

#6129 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Where in the menu is this located?

Game/feature adjustment #33.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floyd1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=floyd1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.