DB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).png
4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png
69A47F88-1236-4F7F-BBA5-1C1CEBF2DF97 (resized).png
8F5DD20A-64B6-4EFB-A084-8641C7FB94F8 (resized).jpeg
C3E9F7F7-3477-431A-A3C9-84BB73A33CEA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (6 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (6 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (6 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (6 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (5 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8073 2 years ago

I'm new to the club - looks like I have some reading to do! Any recommendations on where to start?

I think I'm going to order service rails tomorrow -- not sure I trust the sticks.

It already has the R-Rated Cleland code, so we're good there.

Anything else I should consider?

IMG_20190723_193316 (resized).jpg
#8077 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call me crazy, but I’d play it.

Now that's just crazy talk! LOL

#8084 2 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! Definitely going to watch the videos to learn more about the game. I played this game quite a bit on location, but never even noticed the drop targets on the left until last night!

Maybe I'll play around with the sticks a bit before spending $50 on the service rails...

Quoted from Rager170:

"R-Rated Cleland code"
I wasnt aware of this being done. I guess its been a while since ive been checking this thread.
Can anyone tell me how I can get this? Is it just a simple game update install?

You can message Cleland or find links in the forums. Here's links to the Premium/LE version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code-1

#8109 2 years ago

So like I said, I just bought a TWD Pro. In the back box, I see this connector with nothing plugged into it. I also have a wire that looks like it could connect, but I have no idea what it would connect to (nothing right now since the connector broke off when it got stuck after folding the head). Everything seems to work - any idea what this is for?

IMG_20190725_203616 (resized).jpgIMG_20190725_203649 (resized).jpg
#8112 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought that connector had something to do with the DMD. I thought I had to remove that when installing my color DMD.

Ok, cool, so it's legacy and I shouldn't worry about it since I'm not going back to the red dots anyway?

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats what I think. The directions didnt say anything about that cable and when I was done, I was like "What is this?" Couldnt find where it would go. A buddy of mine on here told me he took it off for doing his Metallica also. You should be all set.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation! I suspected as much, since everything appears to be working.

3 weeks later
#8183 2 years ago

Yes! When you get to LMS, the topper tips over and pours you a glass so you can celebrate!

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Unfortunate luck on both accounts, but that makes for a pretty cool pinball story. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of the early 90's Buffalo Bills going to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and never winning, LOL.

As a lifelong Bills fan, I had to downvote that comment if for nothing more than the bad memories you brought back.

1 month later
#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Colordmd lcd and shaker!

I just put a shaker in mine this past weekend, and really like it!

#8378 2 years ago

Argh! Was having a good game (for me... 100M, 35 kills on the 2nd ball), when I made a shot on the CDC ramp and... the ball got stuck on the ramp behind the back (so you couldn't see it). Ball search didn't dislodge it, I shaking the machine, nothing... Eventually game thought the ball was lost I guess... And the game got confused with two balls in play during ball three. Grr....

1 month later
#8541 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm thinking about finally getting a shaker for my Premium for the hell of it. If you have one... is it well implemented in the code? I assume it bangs along with the subwoofer in Horde but when else do you feel it? Worth getting or annoying?
Also is Pinball Life's shaker decent?
Thanks gang

Yeah, I love the shaker in my Pro. I've never had Horde, so don't know about that... But it rattles around with zombies, sometimes at random times when they growl or something. Really adds to the experience, love it.

#8563 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Until multiball starts you haven’t started any stages. The stages mentioned by Brian are the stages of multiball.
Have to get to multiball first to play the stages. All the yard is doing is giving you prison letters. Spell prison to light MB.

Wait, now I'm confused... When I hit the door, it lights letters until it fully spells "PRISON." Then the magnet grabs the ball, the door opens, and I have to clear the yard. I've already got the PRISON letters at that point. So I cross my fingers that the magnet doesn't fling the ball SDTM. If it doesn't, I can shoot either the zombie head or the flashing red arrows to kill a zombie. Once I clear them all and hit the zombie head, then the magnet grabs the ball again and I start multiball -- are you saying THAT'S when stage 1 starts? If so, I'm never going to get SIEGE....

#8570 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

The prison magnet won't go SDTM if you hit your flippers before it lets go - kind of like when cancelling the bonus animation.

I always do that and it still frequently does. I saw a thread that said to do it when the crowbar hits the zombie so I will try that. Otherwise the magnet doesn't do much so I might just disable it.

#8572 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Per borg, turn the magnet core very slightly and retighten. That worked for me.

Cool will try that, thanks!

#8578 1 year ago

If I want to get rid of some of the white inserts on the game, what bulbs are people recommending to replace them with on a Pro? I've never bought bulbs for a game yet, and when looking at PBL and such, there's a dizzying array to choose from! Any specific recommendations?

Any suggestions on colors would be nice as well, as I've only seen a couple of pictures of people who have changed the lights.

#8581 1 year ago
Quoted from Isjack:

What are you looking to replace? I think the best colors LED colors are typically warm white, cool white, green, and red. I guess you could color bomb it with pink or whatever. Since you're in mpls, I have a stash of old LEDs that you could poke around with to get some ideas from if you'd like. Send me a DM if you want and we can try to figure something out so you can at least try some colors / variety of lights before purchasing anything.

I don't really know what I want to change... there's just too many white inserts I think - the three drop targets, all the weapons, the number of walkers killed, LMS, Horde (not that those two ever light up for me except in attract mode LOL), the mode lights, the crosshairs, the "bit" lights for the outlanes, the skillshots, the Tower target. I don't want to color bomb it, I just want to try adding a little more color to at least one of those groups, just not sure what exactly because I don't want it to look like clown puke either...

Thanks for the offer - I'm not looking to move fast on this, but might take you up on it after the holidays! PM incoming.

#8587 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions Spider and Panda!

3 weeks later
#8660 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can buy service rails and install them. Pinball life has them.

I bought them but have to admit, I'm a little concerned about drilling into the playfield to install them....

#8664 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Put a piece of tape on the drill bit less than the thickness of the PF, that will let know when to stop. Electrical tape is rather sticky. I always stop before I hit the tape (so I know I didn't push the tape back accidently) and I also recheck the tape location occasionally.
Or zip over to Harbor Freight (or a local hardware store) and get some of these:
[quoted image]

Oooh I didn't know those existed! Thanks!

#8670 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

...or you will end up on the "Worst Hacks" thread.

You mean I could be (in)famous?!?!?

2 weeks later
#8702 1 year ago

Got to Siege for the first time tonight - what a rush! Sadly, I lost two balls looking at the cool animations...

Got there by combining Riot, Prison MB, and Blood Bath. Talk about a rush!

Got 131M on Siege mode - no idea if that's good or not, since there's no score saved for it.

Overall, only had 298M for the game. It was still fun.

#8707 1 year ago

Interesting I got to Siege first time a few days ago too. I wished to see my Siege score in the attract mode but its not a high score that is saved, while just about every other high score is saved. Wonder why?

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it wasn't a saved score.

#8739 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent had a chance to mess with it.
Interesting as people on that thread essentially are saying its normal. I have a feeling I may want to buy some new coil stops sooner than later haha.

It is normal - on all Stern machines. There's various ways to reduce it but from all of my reading, no way to eliminate it 100%. I read up on it when I bought my MET Pre a couple of years back and heard the buzz.

Honestly, the best solution is to crank up the volume.

1 month later
#8824 1 year ago

Stupid question, but why does this ramp have a notch cut out of it? Is it actually possible to shoot it so that it doesn't have enough momentum and this falls back and into the playfield instead of continuing to the inlane? This is the ramp on the left most part of the game. (The Arena shot). I never noticed this until today when I was cleaning the machine.

As an aside, I'm terrified to wax this thing... I suck at it already, and waxing makes the speed go even higher.... Lol

IMG_20200224_201011 (resized).jpg
#8827 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

It's also possible to hit the ramp so hard that it jumps off that bump, into the glass and right down the outlane...

I think I've had that happen before! Never the slow rolling fall out though...

1 month later
#8987 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very creative Jason. That will help you to get to LMS for sure!
I bet the Ghostbusters owners would like to have that mod.

I know I've seen a center post mod for GB before.

Here it is: https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-upgrade-kit.html

#9003 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

I haven't even started any of these.... I suck....

#9006 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You haven’t started Horde ??
It isn’t too difficult to get to Horde. You just need to learn what you have to do to get the multikills.

Ive come close several times but havent quite made it yet...

3 weeks later
#9095 1 year ago

Love that crossbow keychain!

#9137 1 year ago

Dang... your CDC shot is higher than my highest score ever...

3 weeks later
#9202 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

The prison just needs the leaf switch pulled back slightly so that it's not triggered by the pops.

Hmmm, maybe I should push the leaf forward to help complete prison multiball... lol

1 month later
#9315 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am ordering a sheet of anti reflective glass tomorrow. Color dmd in a week or two.

Is the anti-reflective glass really that much of an improvement? I've been tempted to buy a sheet or two but it's SOOOO freakin' expensive and doesn't feel like it would be that much of a difference (at least not compared to, for example, a ColorDMD).

#9325 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

Ok, for that price I would buy it. But I've seen it like $400 or something here which is a lot of cash.

2 weeks later
#9406 1 year ago

I really wish they'd make a tweak in the code so that if the ball goes SDTM after the prison catches it, without hitting any other switches, you get the ball back... I've seriously been tempted to just disable the magnet because it doesn't really add much in my opinion.

#9425 1 year ago

I will preface this with I am not a great, or maybe even good, player... I've had TWD for about a year and have never made Horde.... today i was having a good game, and was able to light the last multikill to register for Horde... only to watch both of my two prison multiball balls go sdtm.... so close, yet so far away...

1 week later
#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just got more in one shot then I’ve scored in a 10 ball game of TWD. Haha

I think he got more in one shot than I have combined in the year I've owned this machine....

(Ok, a bit of hyperbole... I hope....!)

What was your final score???

2 weeks later
#9492 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t shoot the EB shot while balls are still being autolaunched. The switch is turned off during that. The EB should award outside of that situation.

In addition, if the ball save is active, I don't think you get the EB either.

#9511 1 year ago

Have links (and videos?) of the two speaker/acryllic sets you're talking about? I am especially curious about the animations.

#9515 1 year ago

WOO! Got to Horde mode for the first time today! (after owning for a year... yeah, I suck)

And then choked, getting only 8M points...

At least I didn't choke before getting to Horde -- almost did. Was on 2nd ball, went for the Woodbury shot, missed, SDTM.... So got to see some new animations!

#9525 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can collect for sure EB during MB but not while the balls are being launched. As soon as they have launched you can shoot Woodbury and collect the EB
100% sure this is the case on latest code.

I thought ball save had to be off too though, no?

1 week later
#9548 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Set a new GC score and #walkers and barn high score. Got really close to starting second Horde mode And I think i had bloodbath twice as well. So fun. Just seemed like i was in the zone and was hitting shots with ease.

Woah, did you make LMS??? I've never come close. I think the best I've made is around 70

#9551 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Isn't it 115 on default settings? I think you were right there.

Yeah, I think default is 115, which is why i said that. I set mine down to the lowest allowed, which is still something crazy high like 90.

3 weeks later
#9559 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

She is awesome!!!
[quoted image]

I would be afraid that I'd be tempted to use it after a particularity bad game (which is most of them lol).

1 month later
#9608 10 months ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I am about to start working my way through this thread) BUT is there a fix for the magnet in front of the prison sending the ball SDTM??
I know about hitting both flipper buttons at the same time but all that seems to do is fire the ball SDTM even faster.
Thanks for any assistance.

I really wish there was an automatic ball save if it goes SDTM... it can be disabled the first time a switch is activated. That said, pressing the flipper buttons on the second crowbar hit in the animation seems to work like 95% of the time for me.

3 weeks later
#9642 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks flipordie it's the business!
[quoted image]

You need a ColorDMD

1 month later
#9786 8 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I put this headphone kit in my TWD coin door years ago:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/coin-door-type
Selection "E" on the linked page
Pinnovators pinpac 2 Mac headphone kit
[quoted image]
It allows you to control master external volume without having to open the coin door
There's a mute rocker switch to shut off external main sound when you want headphone use only
And a volume control knob for the headphone output
Direct Purchase link:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pro/products/pinpac2-mac_sam-headphone-kit-for-stern-sam-systems

I have one of those on my MET Pre, works great.

4 weeks later
#9844 7 months ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

If you ever move another pin I would take the legs off first. Your lucky you didn’t have to do a hard brake, you could have snapped a leg or two off.
It’s a great pin enjoy.

I've had two machines shipped cross country with the legs on - I've read that's standard procedure.

1 month later
#10049 5 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Yup I believe science is a thing, testing theories is very much a part of science and I haven’t seen any tests that are controlled enough or run enough to convince me it makes a difference, with one of the major controls unknown, that being the code that controls the magnet i think the turn of the core is really just make busy work and it has as much to do with the wear in the core as it does the orientation. Just my opinion of course, I’m not asking anyone to stop turning their cores, if they think it makes a difference that’s all that matters.

Someone in the thread recommended ending the animation after the first crowbar hit to the zombie head - I do that (pressing both flipper buttons) and it never goes SDTM for me.

#10062 5 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What was the main thing that pushed you to Premium? Cab/translite art, magnets or crossbow? I’m curious because I’m still thinking Pro, although the Premium cab is waaaay better.

I didn't go premium, but for me the RGB inserts are huge - one of the reasons I went Pre with MET.

#10070 5 months ago

If I recall the leds on the premium are white/red/green leds not rgb.

According to Stern, they're RGB in the arrow and star rollover: Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield arrow inserts and star rollovers. The Red/Green/White is the GI.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/TWD-Matrix.pdf

I've never played a Pre/LE TWD though, I just know I'm a fan of multicolored inserts like in MET.

1 month later
#10173 3 months ago

Luckily I was not having a particularly good game, but in the last ball, it somehow flew up, hit the glass, and landed here. By the time I went to get the key and take the glass off to put it in the shooter lane, the game aborted.

20210629_120700 (resized).jpg
#10176 3 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

A light tap on the cabinet side would have gotten that.

I know, but was hoping to continue the ball, not have it drain!

1 month later
#10217 80 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks fellas! Is the shaker well integrated in this game? Is it a must have?

Definitely a must have. Makes it feel like you're fighting the zombie horde. Love it.

1 month later
#10362 37 days ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Has anyone installed the upgraded bracket kit on their pro?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html
The spring things are not terribly useful, but I was wondering if and where you would have to drill holes into the playfield to install these.

I bought them but have been too scared to drill into the bottom of my pf...

#10376 34 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I had an LE sold it years ago, come back to the club in the past few months with a pro, other them really missing the walker bomb button I like the pro over the prem and LE. Just love the flow on this machine.

Me too - the ball just flows right into the drain all the time...

...and I keep coming back for more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside