IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 9 years ago

The more X the better

5x.png5x.png

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Holy SHIT how did that happen? Did you somehow have a giant shot multiplier, plus the 2x on play field running with a huge finish shot? That is amazing. Way to go, dude.

I agree , may not be a scoring "flaw" . The X on the inlane can build to <not sure how high> high amounts. If you didnt use it, it may have been up high enough to score way big. Risk / reward , a Lyman staple.

3 weeks later
#207 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can someone please explain to me how exactly you get 2x playfield going.

Hit the targets at the prison, this lights up Tower. Shoot RIOT shot into Tower target and boom! 2x. The more you work the targets before collecting the Tower , the longer the 2x lasts.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Thats good to know. I always thought it was lighting the X's on the inlanes. What do the X's do then?

X's build up as long as you dont use them. they light (and build to the next X level) at every 2 zombie kills IIRC.

Got some Evil Dead stuff i put in tonight.

Swallow your soulSwallow your soulIMAG0013.jpgIMAG0013.jpgIMAG0015.jpgIMAG0015.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0016.jpg

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So every time you complete the lanes + kill 2 walkers it increases the lit inlane multiplier? Can this be stacked with 2X playfield? If you have a 4X inlane multiplier and 2X playfield running, is your next shot worth 8X? If so, that's f***ing awesome!

You got it , except Bicycle girl shots do not work with the X. That might be a bug or intended. Earlier in this thread i posted a pic from a game i had. You can see a "next shot is 5x" when the ball rolls over the X switch. If you get a chance to trap the ball the information screens will tell you what the X has built up to.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cool. Thanks! Can you combine it with the inlane multiplier?

i have scored about 16mil sometimes , so i am saying it works with the multiplier.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't know if any of guys ordered the flasher mod for the WellWalker from PinRef but if you didn't and weren't sure how it would look I'm here to tell you that it is amazing and a must have, I've changed my flasher to blue underneath and ordered the blue for the upper playfield flasher as well and it looks great, really adds some contrast and during frantic play its quite nice. Anyway for 20$ can't go wrong.

One referral credit to Hazoff. SOLD!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<You can start Blood Bath on its own or during MB>>
Yikes, thats a bad rule. Way too easy to just go for MB only then everytime. Ugh, rules do matter unless you want another bash Sparky all day fiasco. No offense, I just can't buy a game with just one strategy. Sorry I won't be joining TWD club

Keep in mind that every time you complete a "supply" you have to knock down the correct "unlit" remaining supply target first (while it is flashing) in order to complete that supply set and to advance to Blood Bath. If you think that is too easy during a multiball, you are mistaken. It is possible to complete the drops multiple times without ever advancing the lights to blood bath. Of course the drops also light the modes, so going for drops can be lucrative , but dangerous.

6 months later
#456 8 years ago

Not looking to "one up" anyone , but i always wanted to post when i hit the Billionaires club too.

Well it just happened in a big way and i was very excited to see the score when Ball 3 ended. Had an extra ball still to play which i tanked on.

congrats apollyon

IMAG1267.jpgIMAG1267.jpg

IMAG1270.jpgIMAG1270.jpg

IMAG1265.jpgIMAG1265.jpg

IMAG1269.jpgIMAG1269.jpg

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

Also works if you want to start multiball, after you shoot riot mode and start 2x scoring.

1 month later
#688 8 years ago

In honor of Halloween and Ash Vs Evil Dead

<crappy glare> Video taken when it was 50% complete .. i am now at 80%

how many TWD owners are Evil Dead fans?

not shown : Blood Bath multiball music that *should * replace original music . It is downright scary.

#690 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Evil dead series is my favourite horror series of all time.

this ones for you QG ..and everyone else

https://www.dropbox.com/s/br5pvzzksv6wimt/EViLD01.bin?dl=0

LE\premium only

#694 8 years ago

Is it possible to replace ALL the music with evil dead music?

probably .. i prefer to use the existing music , tone it down 50% and add iconic sound bytes to that. Fitting in all of the great sayings is near impossible with the time limit restrictions of each callout. Most are in the range of 1 seconds to 3 seconds.

Notice that the ramps sounds are evil dead sounds .. there are a lot of cool sounds to choose from.

There has to be more than one Evil Dead fan that bought the TWD machine ..

#696 8 years ago

TWDLE to Evil Dead 2

Here is a sample video of the sound conversion link posted earlier in this thread.

At one point i hit the camera rig while saving a ball towards the end. Horde included.

#700 8 years ago

YES!!!!!!!!! That is how it is done! Can you post this code? I didn't like how the first one you posted still had TWD theme music playing in it. In this new version the theme music was gone

That is the code posted.

#703 8 years ago

What? Your first video had TWD main theme music playing in it when no modes we're going and the above second video didn't. It had evil dead music playing all the time no modes we're going????

First video was sneak peak and was taken long ago <when the seas ran red with blood> .. nice necronomicon

Check out this pizza

http://dailydead.com/make-your-own-evil-dead-necronomicon-pizza/

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I own TWDLE and fair to say that I'm also an Evil Dead fan

leg.jpg

HOLY SH*T ... hardcore

1 week later
#783 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Hey folks, I just made deposit on a TWD Premium Refinery Edition and I'm beyond pumped to get it home and start playing. I've heard there is a really good alternate sound file for TWD LE/Premium out there...Can anyone point me to where I can get those files? Thanks very much!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

Believe it or not there are 4 sound replacement options . this thread should contain links to all of them. I do 2 of them. One being Evil Walking Dead (based on the Evil Dead movie Evil Dead2) Enjoy

BTW the Bicycle Girl Light mod is another must-have. I tried to get Lyman or someone to answer as to why this feature was never provided a light on the Dead Flip stream last night. But no answer.

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK sorry if I didn't see an answer to this (I did read the rules summary)
but am still confused (even after watching Bowen on PAPA tutorial)
I don't own TWD yet! But am making my mind up over Premium or Pro
But how does the "x shot" work again?
I can see the x inlanes light up and the balls rolls over.. but how do you control
when you want to "use" your xshot up?
I assume once the inlane is lit and you roll over the lit
X any next shot you hit (ramps/targets/bash) use up that X multiplier?

you got it right. every 2nd walker ups the X value ...from 2x to ???? might be unlimited ... change X lane lit with flipper

#825 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've never had the flippers die on me to end the mode. Interesting.

same here ... anybody fail this mode and have the flippers die?

1 week later
#945 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I have a premium for some days, and I am delighted
I have a problem on the ring of the character.
gray sticker torn. is that you have the same problem?
I think it is a bad idea this sticker ...
why not just put the metal?
is what we must completely remove the sticker?
image.jpeg

everyone gets that .. they might send you a new sticker , but it will fall off too. some people make alternate stickers that may be more durable. search "well walker pants"

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Well Waker
Btw
I have sometimes random WW Hits while playing. Checked the switch 10 times. Do you have any ideas?

put in a new switch, adjust it perfectly .. been there , done that <

3 weeks later
#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I have absolutely zero xp with a Premium or an LE.

Get the LE / premium. You can always trade down later i, suppose. Premium is the full experience. Crossbow has its own Frenzy mode (and should still have crossbow multiball to achieve) , so its significant. The changes in gameplay give you a temporary rest from the masterfully orchestrated madness. Every update has added more value to the premium / le model.

2 weeks later
#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What are the must have mods for TWD? Right now I'm thinking shaker motor, bicycle girl light, mirror blades, and crossbow mod to start with.

Only must haves are Shaker motor , BG Light and SUB IMHO.

Best Value: some would say a nice alternative sound package

1 week later
#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Can someone confirm when the Horde insert should light. I've started Horde a couple of times on the 1.56 game code and have never seen the Horde insert light up. I would have expected it to light (or flash) when all the multikill weapons are lit (or are flashing).
Also I would have expected the Horde insert to be on solid during horde, but not on my game.
I tested the Horde insert through the diagnostics and it works fine.

Just checked a video i have on youtube .. the insert never lights before or after.

1 week later
#1179 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone playing this game on 4 ball? It seems very hard, any reason u wouldn't use 4 ball in a home use situation?

you can tweak extra ball settings if you want to be a little more subtle about it

#1211 8 years ago

Like others , it is extremely rare to not get some sort of magnet action with the most recent software. The only problem i have seen is a rocket magnet pulse SDTM. 2 prison "hits" seems to happen every once and while.

#1256 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

So I'm getting the impression that the Barn shot isn't supposed to wrap around and hit the pop bumpers. Is this correct? Mine hit the pops every time.

No , some people think it shouldn't and like the game more when it doesn't.

Personally , i like the original design.

1 week later
#1367 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have mine on max and here are some of the shakers interactions:
Prison Multi Ball
Well Walker Multi Ball
Walker Kills
Well Walker Hits
Bit
Blood Bath Mode
Bicycle Girl Hits
Arena Mode
Barn Mode
Riot Mode
CDC Mode
Multi Kills
Jackpot Hits
Skill Shot
In the Pop Bumpers on certain modes
and much more just can't recall....

Add horde to that .. absolutely incredible effect.

1 week later
#1536 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

So I have only had mine less then a week and I am still learning the rules and tweaking the game.
I was wondering if its normal to have the Riot shot bounce off the target and come right back out the Riot shot?
Mine does it about 50% of the time. I am loving the speed of the game and it only happens when the ball is flying around.
I was thinking about changing the angle of that target and direct it back to the pops.
Has anyone messed with this?
Or maybe I am just over thinking it.

First time i am hearing this as an issue. If it's 50% bouncebacks you should probably do something or attribute it to a lightning fast playfield.

Oh and its double riot shots and a shot that isnt going to the pops. Are you sure you want to do something . lol

1 week later
#1664 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Last night had my first dead feature for the game going and multiball. During the dead feature (riot I think) I dropped at least 2 more banks of drops. No more dead features started, but when I'd finished riot, blood bath was lit. So it had counted the drops towards blood bath, but not started any more dead features.
I'm not 100% sure what the rules are though - was a bit of a blur.

completing drops adds time to the mode (dead feature) so you can collect a lot of millions.

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Those millions sound really juicy, now what do I do to avoid draining right away so I can actually collect them?

Slay Better!

4 weeks later
#2161 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

What would one consider a fair price for a huo only TWD with a pin grafix apron, mirrored pin blades and a few other minor mods. With set up and delivery?

You may want to specify PRO, PREMIUM or LE to get the right idea on prices.

My guess is 4K, 6K 7.5K

If you don't have a delivery/setup guy, try Paul at wannapinball.com

Also consider buying a new premium if they are still producing.

1 month later
#2580 8 years ago

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :

Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

#2596 8 years ago

Regard TOOL conversion sound :

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Cool!
Its like having a new game. So different.
Also, how is it so red etc?
Is there a link to download?

Regard TOOL conversion sound :

So Red? Just a stock LE and there is a lot of red , i guess for blood purposes.

Pm for downloads. I have only revised this once , so there's always room for improvement.

Quoted from finnflash:

Is Tool part of the game or just playing in the background?

TOOL is part of the game. Near complete music replacement.

00:00 : Launch Music : Reflection
00:25 : Main Gameplay : Vicarious
00:50 : Well Walker : Ticks and Leeches
01:37: WW Multi : Ticks and Leeches (Suck me Dry)
02:40 : Riot : Aenema
03:45 : Crossbow Shot : Schism
04:04 : Prison Start : Jambi
04:30 : Bicycle Gril : Crawl Away
05:34 : Blood Bath Multiball : Forty Six and 2 End Groove
06:18 : Prison Multi : Prison Sex
07:22 : Arena : Rosetta Stoned
08:57 : Horde : Die Eir Von Satan / Cesaro Summability
10:52 : Enter Initials : Ticks and Leeches (AGAIN!)
11:44 : Game Over : Forty Six and 2
Bonus Count : Sober

Not Shown :
Stinkfist, Hooker with a Penis, Lost Keys, Lipan Conjuring ,H, Intermission, The Patient, Eulogy, Right in Two,

CrossBow Frenzy : The Grudge

#2598 8 years ago

WALKING DEAD TOOL EDITION 1.56 LE.PREMIUM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ram2ytit1j0youe/TWD156TL.bin?dl=0

Pro added:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i5qrholg75y9q9/TWD156TP.bin?dl=0

: Launch Music : Reflection
: Main Gameplay : Vicarious
: Well Walker : Ticks and Leeches
: WW Multi : Ticks and Leeches (Suck me Dry)
: Crossbow Shot : Schism
: Prison Start : Jambi
: Bicycle Girl : Crawl Away
: Blood Bath Multiball : Forty Six and 2 End Groove/ Viginti Tres
: Prison Multi : Prison Sex
: Horde : Die Eir Von Satan / Cesaro Summability
: Enter Initials : The Pot
: Game Over : Forty Six and 2
: Bonus Count : Sober
: Barn : Stinkfist
: CDC : The Patient
: Riot : Aenema
: Tunnel : Hooker with a Penis
: Arena : Rosetta Stoned
: CrossBow Frenzy : The Grudge
: Woodbury: Intermission

Elsewhere (I THINK): Lost Keys, H, Eulogy, Right in Two

Enjoy and feedback!
Ed Z

#2600 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Would this work on a pro?

that one wont , but i could whip up a pro if there is demand.

#2606 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just add to Flash drive and do code update ?

Same procedure. Always a good idea to have normal stern code or another working code on hand , especially for the pro version , cause i cannot test it. Enjoy.

1 month later
#2751 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

A question for prem/le owners:
After the woodbury target is hit, the left orbit flashes and hitting the spinner raises the spinner jackpot. Is it correct that this jackpot is collected at woodbury?
Also, is it a way to increase the spinner value and thereby raising the spinner jackpot faster?

It's definitely collected at Woodbury.
Look for the point total before the Woodbury skill shot graphic. Don't forget to use X on it (the spinner jackpot shot at Woodbury) if you want to collect big.
Not sure of the possibilities of increasing the spinner value.

Added over 8 years ago: EDIT : spinner increases value with each activation. Not sure what else may increase it.

1 week later
#2818 7 years ago

WW multi is switch hit count style. Not sure how many hits , but shoot the spinner or into the pops to light the WW for the jackpot.

Quoted from chuckwurt:the rules read pretty confusing on both of those. I'll let others chime in, as I would like those clarified as well.

#2822 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How does the super jackpot work? That wiki rulesheet goes into it, but couldn't quite follow. So if you basically avoid hitting the WW long enough and hit enough switches to light all the letters of well, you get the super?

Each jackpot progresses to the next letter . So the last one is super? ..i don't even know .. im too busy trying to advance the drops or a mode usually. Sorry i am not 100% sure.

#2862 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

After you qualify the x multiplier through the lit inlane, the next shot is the big payoff. But what if you hit the slingshots or the pop bumpers next, do minor points scoring shots collect the award if you hit them first?

This README quote gives a little insight. Can't say i fully understand it, but it seems like the pop bumpers and slings may score the X value..

- Shot multiplier, along with X champion HSTD sequence, has been extended
(instead of terminated) when the left prison standup target is hit. The
only follow-up shots allowed at the moment are the center lane and the
center lane standup. This allows the player to clip the left prison
standup target and still get credit for COMBO/MODE/PRISON.M.B./etc.
awards on the center lane at the multiplied value.

Seems like another README will be in the works soon or "next".

3 weeks later
#2967 7 years ago

Agree on the woodbury skill shot . I would like it better if the best awards were on the toughest shots (the rollovers) and you couldn't move them around.

2 weeks later
#3096 7 years ago

Guide to Walker Bombs (posted in another thread)

Knocking down all drops does the following in regards to Walker Bombs:

Food: Gives well walker bomb, only after starting WW multiball countdown Button light: GREEN

Weapons : Lights crossbow when not in horde, When in Horde lights Horde Bomb. Button Light during Horde: RED
*may store horde bombs during "non horde" collecting unless you get a default #of bombs when you start horde (i guess more clearing up is in order)

First Aid : Gives Prison Bomb only after starting clear prison yard. Button Light : BLUE

README:
- Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red,
well=green).
- Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be
applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by
collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well
walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned
by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs
can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during
horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.

Haven't reached Siege in a while are prison bombs still active in Siege?

#3099 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

what about if I have at least one prison and one well walker bomb, I have each MB one shot away, drain, hit button. What MB has precedence and starts? Not a huge issue, just curious. And I assume since I have the other bomb still, when I drain out of the first MB, I can just hit the button again to start the other MB?

its either prison has priority or the first one you collected (Cant remember exactly). And yes , it will remember your bomb should you use one of them to start multi , after you drain out .

1 week later
#3177 7 years ago

While the walker bombs make the LE / PREM a bit easier , the WW magnet, Additional drop and BG shot make the pin harder due to the magnet slinging the ball wildly, fast return on the close drop and the faster return via BG shot (as compared to a nice flow ramp back to the flippers.

That and the pin turns quite dark while in Blood Bath.

1 month later
#3291 7 years ago

What's the most sound-modded pinball title?

hint: you are in the right place.

This one is dedicated to all that think pinside is nothing but a human cesspool of whining babies.

Walking Dead Pinball : Beavis and Butthead & Slayer addition (being developed as 3 separate sound replacements)

4 weeks later
#3497 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's your strat on accomplishing this as the main way to feed the right inlane is from the CDC ramp?

It's the 2nd shot (2 left ramps) after shooting the other shots that completes the mode . So you can get the inlane x then shoot the ramp for the 2nd time.

#3534 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you have a shaker installed in your WD ?
I'm not really a fan of shakers but this might be a game that suits it. When does it kick in ?

If there is such a thing as "tastefully done" for shaker code, this game has it.

It does every thing from subtle kicks (horde mode alone is worth the shaker price) to manic pop bumper hits. Every time you kill a zombie it kicks. When pop bumper limit is reached every pop bumper is a shake. It's a zombie killing game, it shakes all the time, as it should. It's the slight kicks when you make a major shot that help you feel the accomplishments along with the sounds and light.

Never turned it off of default , so i imagine you can tone it done in the settings, as mentioned.

1 week later
#3563 7 years ago
Quoted from Diesel35:

Ive got a similar issue with mine. My crossbow fires intermittently. Sometimes it fires fine. Sometimes the ball barely makes it out of the crossbow and sometimes it takes to presses for the ball to fire. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

i had this problem and over time , the ball would always end up sitting properly. check to see if the ball plunger is sticking out after each previous launch. Also, if you are trying to shoot early, there is a bitof variation in when the button is available to be pressed based on the animation running.

1 month later
#3715 7 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

Skill shot question: I've noticed that after I complete a successful skill shot once or twice, the next time I plunge sometimes the Prison doors will open during mid plunge which totally throws off your plunge and the ball ends up in the pops or draining out of the pops.
So my question is what causes this derailment? Is it the force of the prison doors opening? Or is there some other invisible post that pops out that I never seem to see. I think it's a pretty cool trick. And forces you to be quicker on the draw for future skill shots.

i think this is code. Happens to me all the time. The timing of the doors opening needs to be delayed a little further. But yes, the vibration causes the metal guide to smack the ball enough to impede the progress.

#3792 7 years ago

Horde should be the goal of any normal game/ Getting Siege is much tougher , getting LMS is (i dont know , i never got there)

Going for horde requires attention to shooting mode shots , completing drop targets, shooting right ramp , shooting bicycle girl, getting jackpots and supers. Much more fun to go for and the HORDE mode itself is well programmed. Someday HORDE will be escapable.

#3795 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Going for horde requires attention to shooting mode shots , completing drop targets, shooting right ramp , shooting bicycle girl, getting jackpots and supers. Much more fun to go for and the HORDE mode itself is well programmed. Someday HORDE will be escapable.

Quoted from JY64:

Just picked up a TWD in a trade over weekend how do I collect weapons

Basically what i said previously. Play Modes (drop targets), Drop targets award multikills (weapon inserts) etc. Go for everything and you will pile up weapons very fast especially during multiball.

1 month later
#3913 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies if this has been posted before.....I havent popped in here in a while.
My daughter found this at a Hobby Store.
A Fairy Gate.
A little Paint, some Body Parts, and its sits nicely in front of the barn doors, for a different dimensional look.

that's no barn

Quoted from vicjw66:

Got 4 extra balls last night. Still fell just short of LMS. Has anyone ever had these rewards to choose from before?

more right ramps = greater rewards

1 week later
#3973 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does add a ball eventually stop in blood bath? Had a good game going and at the end I knocked down the drop targets twice and didn't get another ball. Ended up with five weapons and 440mil had bicycle girl going with two hits already, so close to horde again!
You get to Terminus by completing/playing all the modes/features right? Never been to that either.

Add-a-Ball will kick in twice by knocking down all targets twice) . Complete all target lights for another Add-a-ball (super jackpot) . And believe it or not Add-a-ball for each completion of lights thereafter. Seems unlimited (for super jackpot add-a-balls).

You are right about terminus. Just knock down targets again to qualify it after completing the rest.

#3975 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Need clarification on the walker bombs. I feel like I don't always get a bomb for completing the drops when first aid or food is lit. Do I have to do something first before getting a bomb for completing the drops while one of those is locked in?
Also can I get multiple bombs? Like can I have two prison bombs from collecting first aid twice?

The corresponding feature has to be started.

Start "Clear Prison Yard" before collecting the First Aid Drop
Start WW by completing the initial WELL letters before collecting food.
You can collect multiples after that. Especially during Blood Bath if both WW and Prison aren't completed yet.

When in Horde hit the weapons to gain horde bombs.

3 weeks later
#4122 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Question about the Color DMD. Do you only need the "Add Shield/Standoffs for metal speaker panels" for the newer style backbox??? So all TWD Color DMDs would need this, correct?

That is what i was told on the colordmd thread and i can tell you , you need it. Tried to find in hardware store (not fastenall) and there was nothing even close to what i would need.

#4133 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Doesn't the more expensive kit come with the clear insert shield needed for the Colordmd? As I recall the insert shield on the TWD was red.

Indeed it does.

#4137 7 years ago

Beavis and Butthead Meet Slayer

This is subject to change , but i am willing to make this available to those that want it via PM.

PRO and PREMIUM/LE

#4144 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Had perfectly working game...went to install Color DMD and never could get it to display properly (pretty sure I did everything right...not my first color DMD).
Gave up on it...put back in old display and NOTHING now.
Anyone have any clues as to what the fuck may be going on here. I am so frustrated. I wish I had never learned about the damn color dmd for TWD.
I tried swapping ribbon cable both directions. All fuses good on machine. Not even sure what to try next.
Anyone have a clue?

Take a picture for the group to help. Confirm that on the old display you connected the power back to its original location as the instructions have you remove the power cable.

Did you get the chroma rom from colordmd (if it is a new display)? I had originally downloaded the colordmd rom which is for older diplays..

#4211 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure if Lyman fixed the code or not but when I had my TWD prem, if you disabled the xbow it would disable the mode completely so you couldn't play it like a pro.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately this isn't possible on a prem. You can only multiply a crossbow shot by the 2x playfield. Can't combine an inlane X with it.
Unless you disable the crossbow then you might be able too. Not sure.

Not sure if it has been mentioned , but it IS possible to combine inlane X with Crossbow by missing the initial crossbow shot and then having it roll over the inlane X during the grace period. Only major shots stop the crossbow shot-making time limit.

#4216 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

My cat nor I know how to use the walker bombs. Time to re-read the rules

Somebody index this:

Guide to Walker Bombs (posted in another thread)

Knocking down all drops does the following in regards to Walker Bombs:

Food: Gives well walker bomb, only after starting WW multiball countdown Button light: GREEN

Weapons : Lights crossbow when not in horde, When in Horde lights Horde Bomb. Button Light during Horde: RED
*may store horde bombs during "non horde" collecting unless you get a default #of bombs when you start horde (i guess more clearing up is in order)

First Aid : Gives Prison Bomb only after starting clear prison yard. Button Light : BLUE

README:
- Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red,
well=green).
- Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be
applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by
collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well
walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned
by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs
can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during
horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.

1 month later
#4387 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Where do I go to buy clelands sound mod?

walking dead sound replacement thread has tons of free download links

#4390 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I have shot the Woodbury shot before and not been awarded it although the Extra Ball light remains lit on the shot and I can shoot it in there again to get the Extra Ball. Can't say I have ever noticed it not giving an awarded Extra Ball.

Another possible explanation to not being awarded extra balls (in the form of an extra ball) . Maybe its set to points through a tournament setting.

2 months later
#4687 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine is set to factory and after owning it for about a year and a half, I've made Siege and LMS zero times each. I've been temped to lower the standards so they feel possible. I can reach horde and Terminus occasionally, but just can't bring myself to it as it would kill my bragging rights. I have changed my strategy a little recently to focus more on the prison so that maybe I can get a couple of cracks at prison mulitiball in a few games and maybe rack up the required jackpots.
This game is a punch in the nuts in terms of difficulty, but it does have that reply factor that keeps you trying.

A strategy i use to concentrate on getting Siege: never stack bloodbath and well walker .. blood bath either should be started within prison or used to advance to prison multiball ..

1 month later
#5001 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

It is unplayable? Since he beginning?

Somebody named ola has the high score, so somebody played something.

1 month later
#5122 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

If anybody else is interested please send me a PM.

This was posted in the TWDLE Bicycle Girl Light thread. Get this light if you don't have it already. PM Gnassel.

I have nothing to do with this other than spreading the info.

2 weeks later
#5207 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Guys,
I just ordered a shaker motor from Pinball Life for my Pro.
I tried looking all over for install instructions. Can anyone help me out?

http://www.pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

2 months later
#5435 6 years ago

All of my sound packages have video previews.

pm for links

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqs6dnxHT2enI7hBpQYWGA

1 week later
#5506 6 years ago

I have a bunch of 1.60 code versions done for my usual offerings

PM for links and don't forget to say what version you want.

Most versions untested but should work. Report any issues if you test them.

Tool LE : tested

Beavis and Butthead Slayer:LE <edit > tested>

Slayer Cannibal Corpse:LE

Tool pro

BBslayer Pro

Slayer pro - <edit>- now show voices

#5534 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

So close to being finished and should be done late tonight. Will load it on my premium in the morning and have a few plays and then post the code for all. I will also send to RandomKg for his music additions for those that like the NIN/Radiohead mix. Thanks to all for your patience and support, I love that I can contribute to this awesome game!

In celebration of all the work everyone puts into these things , i will offer Cleland code intertwined with my music replacement macros . In short , you can keep all the voices and just have a music replacement. If you like the "dub step" thing , i will leave it in, etc , to a point.

If you want your kid saying jackpot , send me the sound file ...lol ... you get the point.

Hopefully you would approve and feel free to take my work and overwrite it with your show voices. The slayer and tool versions are mostly music only.

Lets make Walking Dead the greatest game to own ever, due to custom code choices!

Note : i still have no idea what dub step is

REMINDER : SAVE THE MACRO!!

#5557 6 years ago

Bicycle girl is lit from the start and pops up more. So that's one thing easier.

1 week later
#5663 6 years ago

Everyone who has previously PM'ed for code has received a reply with the links for :

LE AND PRO

Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : R

Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : PG13

Cleland Voices : Tool Music : R

Cleland Voices : Tool Music : PG13

***NOTE: PG13 REFERS TO CLELANDS VOICE CHANGES AND DOESNT APPLY TO THE MUSIC WHICH MAY CONTAIN CURSES***

TOOL FOR SURE CONTAINS CURSES (REPEATED F WORD) ON THE RIOT MODE

HAPPY ZOMBIE HOLIDAYS!

1 week later
#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know it has to be somewhere but can someone please post the link to the detailed rule set / walkthrough for TWD pro? Why can’t I figure out how to get siege? I have been to horde twice in the same game and killed close to 70 walkers I think.

In 1.60 , if you look at the display , it tells you how many jackpots remaining to get to seige . I think default is 12. Keep starting prison multiball until you get there. It's not easy.

#5762 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Pinball-Browser; Cataloging Sounds in TWD ***
Has anyone done any cataloging of the sounds in the v.1.6 code in Pinball-Browser?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, Pinball browser displays "Requests" by number, which correspond to sound samples. There is no description of the sound. For example, the sound for an inserted coin is listed simply as Request 168, 01s770ms. This makes it impossible to scroll through and find the samples that interest you.
It would helpful to know, for example, the request numbers of, say, the main song, etc. I have started cataloging, but there are *many* requests/samples. Has anyone here on this thread who has been using Pinball-Browser done any cataloging he/she can share? I will certainly share mine when I have more, but if there is work done already by another person, I would love to see that rather than slog through this myself.
Thanks!

Unfortunately , i do not have an index , but the options for sorting sound samples can bring all of the longest sounds to the top or bottom (V or ^) . All music will be longer samples.

There is another option which sorts sounds in groups by events. Ex. all of the sound relevant to a mode will appear together.

#5767 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Er, wait. I *may* have it now. Searching by "Scripts" allows me to see certain script numbers that have multiple entries, each with a different alpha ending. Trying one example - "It's gotta be in the brain!" reveals a series of similar/related callouts. Is that what you mean by "groups"?
Thanks.
J

Yeah , i think scripts is what i meant.

Takes a long time to go through every sound and label them. Probably why nobody did.

#5780 6 years ago

FYI - when sounds are added in an update, it changes the address of some of the sounds.

So a lot of those sound locations (0x32) will be shifted , which is part of the challenge of re-compiling custom for each software revision.

Pinball browser has the capabilities to redefine the positions once the "shifts" are identified.

Here is the shift id info from 1.43 to 1.56 (which may apply to millhouses document)

ShiftId,1,0x32,0x30
ShiftId,1,0x41,0x40
ShiftId,1,0x98B,0x9DE
ShiftId,1,0xA02,0xA5C
ShiftId,1,0xA6B,0xACC
ShiftId,1,0xA80,0xB58
ShiftId,1,0x1061,0x1140
ShiftId,1,0x158C,0x1695

Bottom line is the document will most likely not be useful for locating exact locations anymore (once a shift is encountered) and certainly will not contain any new sounds that were added. However, the gaps or additional sounds might be revealed in the ShiftId's listed above.

If you are confused , so am i.

#5795 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Does youve been bit have any purpose besides the meager points? I'm hoping I'm missing something here.

Bit value can build quite high, although no one is trying to build it up. with double scoring and an accidental X you could win a match by draining!

3 months later
#6210 6 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

When the ball is in prison magnet I use a “shimmy” of the game. Not a nudge but a slight shimmy back and forth within the tilt. On my Premium many times the magnet will
Sling ball to side rather than drop straight down the middle when I shimmy. My daughter came up with this.
As for Tunnel you have to really watch the ball when in the pops and learn a feel how it will exit. Once you spend some time on it you will get a good idea where the SDTM exit is and can nudge it.
Or you can sell the game.

you have to play it like your battling zombies for your life!

3 weeks later
#6396 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The most I've had is 54, and I've been to Horde and I'm very close to Terminus. Considering Terminus is pretty tough to reach, and even at that point, you might be at 40-50 zombies, it's insane to think you're still not even halfway.

Part of what keeps a game fresh is having multiple wizard modes that are at several levels of difficulty. I've had TWD since very early production and have never come close to LMS . If you are a newish owner , you should consider not messing with the settings this early on, unless you plan on seeing everything and then selling.

2 weeks later
#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

115-all the walker kill lights on the PF

cause 100 would be way too easy

3 months later
#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Is there a good version of the Pro code with moded sound clips from the show? I love the game but the factory call outs get old fast.

PM me as well as (Cleland)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.