Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Here's my pro so far….
Mods:
-all GI & inserts changed to warm whites (only very few colored ones);
-convolux yellow glowing plastic protectors;
-hitchhiker sign;
-woodbury sign;
-express mart sign;
-backpanel ramp illumination kit;
-prison tower;
-fishtank;
-prison door roof;
-Maggie figure (like that girl)…

TWD PRO mods.JPG 222 KB

I hope people are taking notes; this is how you LED a machine! not just talking about walking dead, but pinball in general. Good use of colors and whites. well done!

7 months later
#423 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The premium/LE has a lot of added features that I really like, but the main reason I prefer it over the pro is its comparative difficulty. The crossbow shots are easier to make on the pro, and Bicycle Girl is WAY easier on the pro. Every time you shoot the left ramp, the ball is returned safely to the right flipper for another attempt. On the premium/LE, it can be quite a dangerous shot. Because the theme is one of survival, the more difficult premium/LE just feels right to me.

The xbow and bicycle ramp are my 2 biggest cons about the prem/LE. I really really didn't like going for the bicycle girl when playing it. The xbow wasn't bad, just felt a little pointless. However, the light show alone really brings the game to life. It's amazing how much color changing lighting in all recent pins brings games to the next level.

That said I may be getting 2 pros in the near future, one of them TWD. Fingers crossed.

#434 4 years ago

So if all goes well I'll be joining this club with a TWD PRO. For how long who knows lol!

Looking at mods that interest me, here's what I'm thinking, would love feedback:
-shaker
-pf support service rails
-pinball life balls
-edit: Woodbury sign
-ramp blood splatter decals
-skull bones flipper bats
-fish tank illumination (on the fence with this mod)
-prison fence w/el wire (on the fence with this mod - no pun intended - but what color el wire? Red seems the obvious choice)

That's pretty much it as I want to save $ for color dmd if it ever releases for this title.

Also, anyone got a link to clelands pro code with the sound bytes modifications? I'll start searching.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

-pf support service rails - not worth it

-Walking Dead Pinball Express Mart Sign – worth it.
-Walking Dead Pinball Prison Hitchhiker Sign – worth it.
Color display will be so worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into those other 2 mods. Maybe it's just me, but the pf support rails are as much of a necessity as a shaker IMO, I don't think I could live without em. Am I alone?

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Added a TWD Premium on Saturday.. and I'm loving it! Super fun, between this and Kiss LE I am spending more time playing pinball than I have in a long time!
I must say, when I played the Pro with early code I didn't like it. But the Premium with Shaker, new code, and audio hack is kick ass. For me, the Premium/LE on this title is an absolute must! IMG_4294.jpg

Yea. I recently played a premium - I'm still not entirely sold on the game but, I had an opportunity to trade my pimped LOTRLE for 1 modded premium or add some cash and get 2 stock pros. Since I really want to get my lineup back to 3 pins, I opted for the 2 pros. The lighting on the premium is pretty much the only thing I'll miss on the pro (but that's a big miss, the prem/LE lighting is really nice).

#440 4 years ago

So talk to me about the rules; everyone speaks highly about the new update but to me they still seem a little shallow, or am I missing something?

-hit drop targets to light a mode
-make a shot to start a mode
-shoot the same shot over and over during the mode
-make the mode shot enough times to get a muktikill
-multikill shot bounces around pf as you hit it, eventually lighting a weapon insert
-light all inserts for horde; horde seems like a really cool mode but a little drawn out?
-hit well walker a bunch of times to start MB
- hit prison a bunch of times to start MB
- start and play modes in mb
- oh there's bloodbath, that seemed like a really cool mode
- speaking of prison MB, when you hit the prison and it says 'clear the prison yard' I thought you had to hit all the shots then prison to start it but no you just keep bashing prison. It would seem like better rules if you actually had to clear the prison yard then hit the prison to start it. Has anyone changed their prison MB start setting to hard or extra hard to see if this is an actual rule?

Anyway; that seemed like the meat of the rules. Not really that shallow now that I think about it but also not very deep. But maybe this is such an ass kicker pin it shouldn't be so deep? And I'm sure the scoring strategies add a completely other layer? Guess I can't wait to dig in and find all the strategies involved and rambling on at this point

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

That's the gist of the rules. Two strategy things that I would add are (a) hitting the targets beside the prison and then the tower to light double scoring (do it again to add time to DS) and (b) killing zombies and deciding when to cash in a shot multiplyer at the inlane. These add some great risk reward and decision making, but decisions seem to have to be made really quickly. Sometimes almost impossibly in the mayhem that is multiball.
Siege is also a great mode along with Horde. Too bad you went pro as the lighting on a premium / LE in Horde is so cool. LMS is still to come.
I think the beauty of the game is in stacking (getting prison MB with a mode (can be before or after the MB is started, then get BB going, add an an add a ball in BB level 2, playfield and shot doublers going, and then making your mode points = zen and ridiculous sweet scores), and in the brutality of the gameplay (trying to survive). Overly complex rules would be lost on a game with short ball durations (similar to Tron / IM).
My two cents.

As always, think you nailed it Apollyon! Looking forward to that kind of stacking. Now if I can just get to Canada someday to buy you a drink and ruin your pins with my initials

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never owned AFM or MM. I know both games have bombs, but I have no idea how to use them.

I'm curious as well. Never knew this.

#484 4 years ago

I'd love to hear from some pro owners on the new update.

#487 4 years ago

So one thing I noticed playing the premium yesterday is the weapon insets are annoyingly bright. Have any of you done anything to change this?

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The only people really bashing the LE/Premiums are Pro owners to justify their purchase to themselves I guess?

I don't think so. At least not that I've noticed with all the research I've been doing on this pin lately. I think the ppl who bash it the most are those, like me, who wanted to buy but saw so many issues with the xbow, bicycle girl, code, and theme integration, that it was destined to get hated on. But Lyman single handedly saved this game from drowning after his own admission on the lack of attention stern gave it. That, coupled with Milhouse + Cleland sound editing has revived this pin.

All that said; I have a premium on order now thanks to Lyman, but are prem owners still having issues with their bg ramp? I thought stern fixed this? Guess I'll find out.

#501 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a design flaw which is not limited to the pro. I've seen this happen on the premium/LE as well. When I do the combo, the ball will sometimes do exactly what you are describing, where it jumps off the Arena ramp and comes back to the right flipper via the BG return ramp. Other times, it will travel behind the playfield and then jump off the ramp as it re-enters the playfield. When this happens, the ball can get stuck behind the flasher dome near the diverter magnet.

That's kinda depressing to hear; the two TWDs I played (prem and a pro) didn't seem to have this issue. Has there been any kind of tweaks to fix this? I imagine softer coil power will help and/or different type of rubber. Different color or super band?

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

2 step fix makes the BG ramp smooth as butter.....

And that fix is.........?

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To be clear, there appears to be a discussion of two different issues taking place here.
There is (was) the issue with the BG/CDC ramp on the left. This was addressed with the fix kit from Stern. The issue that Gweem (and Batti) is referring to is the Arena (right) ramp. If you hit that ramp at speed (almost always during a combo), the ball with go flying off of it with high velocity. My Premium (that you've played several times) definitely does this. It just doesn't happen a ton.
It's too bad when it happens, because otherwise it would be a super fast and super satisfying combo!

Gotcha. Hopefully it's minor or easily tweakable. Maybe the softer coil pulse would help?

1 week later
#533 4 years ago

I do notice the game to be much harder since the update. It's at an SKB level of difficulty now. Well maybe not that high, but if he puts everything on the most difficult setting I could see it challenging him for a little while at least before he gets bored and moves on to the next thing

Hah! I'm not that good. Don't tell anyone but I have my STLE kick back on extra easy (default is easy). I'm just good at making myself look good, wait shit - does that make me a narcissist?

But I do like to have a good balance of challenge and fun. So while the kickback may be set on extra easy; the right outlane is factory, tilt is tight, and vengeance is set on extra hard. Balance = challenge = fun

In any case, first thing I plan on doing to my TWD is bringing the outlanes in. Don't know about the post mod, we'll see.

I played a TWD prem with a modded outlane and we weren't having no hay day on it. That's why I love Lyman rules on this pin, even if the game is easier, it's a challenge!

Another great thing about lymans rules in TWD is that there's a bunch of wizard modes for each skill level. Bloodbath (easy) - though don't know if you'd consider it a mini wiz mode but it's fun as hell to start, horde (medium), terminus (medium), LMS (hard), siege (hard), xbow MB (extra hard).

#544 4 years ago

So got my TWD premium and so far wishing it was a pro lol. But maybe you guys can help. 90% of the time the xbow won't work. When the motor runs it tries to go to the home position, then stops. Then goes to ball search and sometimes it'll go out but not eject the ball, other times it tries but won't release from the home spot. Switches seem ok. Any ideas? Thx.

#545 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just a flakey home switch. If I test the motor in test menu and keep doing it back to back it works great. If I let it rest for a second it'll stop working.

#546 4 years ago

K. Think it is a flakey home switch. Made a slight twist to the prong and seems to be working good. Now to level this thing - stdm from the pops holy cow!

#552 4 years ago

What kind of pitch you guys going with on this pin?

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

So unlike what spiderman was like, you dont need to go as far as having to remove the coin door interlock to get the playfield out of a Walking Dead pro?

The pro had 2 latches inside the coin door with one to the right and the other to the left in the corners. Then you can close the coin door and lift the lock down bar and take glass off. And bring the pf up on its pegs.

#570 4 years ago

So the xbow is complete trash. Really about to start calling this pin the walking avengers. Hopefully some can help out.

Sometimes the bow motor goes out like it should. Other times it tries to close like it didn't do its full rotation last time and a fraction as it's about to release it stops, immediately ends xbow mode then motor runs as it should.

I've gone into switch test menu and there's 3 switches; xbow eject (ball locator switch), xbow home switch and xbow marker switch which these 2 indicate if the bow is home or out. All switches work fine; I've tried making them more sensitive, less sensitive. I've tried using a ball, using my fingers and the symptoms appear all the same. Works first few times then then the motor tries to go into the home position when it's already home and stutter steps in which sometimes it'll pause and other times continue the rotation.

Any ideas?

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So the xbow is complete trash. Really about to start calling this pin the walking Avengers. Hopefully some can help out.
Sometimes the bow motor goes out like it should. Other times it tries to close like it didn't do its full rotation last time and a fraction as it's about to release it stops, immediately ends xbow mode then motor runs as it should.
I've gone into switch test menu and there's 3 switches; xbow eject (ball locator switch), xbow home switch and xbow marker switch which these 2 indicate if the bow is home or out. All switches work fine; I've tried making them more sensitive, less sensitive. I've tried using a ball, using my fingers and the symptoms appear all the same. Works first few times then then the motor tries to go into the home position when it's already home and stutter steps in which sometimes it'll pause and other times continue the rotation.
Any ideas?

Well just after posting this I decided to make the home switch trigger super early and not so easy to go to the open position cause when the xbow starts the shaker motor goes off and the vibration may have been causing the issue. Who knows. Hopefully this is the fix but the last three times I thought I had it working it broke 10 games later. Crossing fingers.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

In your issue, is the ball loading what appears to be normally, but then it seems to hesitate before it goes out?
I get this on occasion and my least favorite part is it fires the ball and it bangs on the PDI glass. Hasn't happened recently but it's unbelievably annoying and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

Similar but sometimes mine wouldn't even come out or fire and I'd have to take the glass off to fix.

This latest fix of making the home position switch trigger sooner and staying closed longer has vastly improved. 4 games and approximately 10/10 on xbow. So you may want to try that switch. I used the leaf adjusting tool from pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Update?
I think you told me it turned out to be the switch that recognized the ball, not the home switch?

So far so good. But it was the home switch.....

Quoted from Eskaybee:

This latest fix of making the home position switch trigger sooner and staying closed longer has vastly improved. 4 games and approximately 10/10 on xbow. So you may want to try that switch. I used the leaf adjusting tool from pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

About 20 for 20 now with successful xbow operation.

#584 4 years ago

Well boys, finally got my pins setup and running after modding + tweaking this weekend.

image.jpg

324 mil on factory settings with outlanes in so far.

And while TWD is one of the best pins I've played, it's all very similar to Avengers with how finicky it is to get tuned and working. I never thought Lyman could top ACDC rules, but I think he had with TWD. What say you?

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

324 mil on factory settings with outlanes in so far.

Scratch that. Just did this! Lol.

image.jpg

Still having issues with the xbow. Might need a new switch but if i know it's gonna mess up and I double flip the left flipper it'll run as normal.

#592 4 years ago

I thought people were tripping when they said to avoid sdtm shots from the prison magnet you just double flip cancel the animation sequence. But sure as hell it works! When i do the double flipper the magnet usually sends the ball a bit to the right or left and sometimes it flings the living piss out of the ball. Makes me wonder why Lyman cant program it to do that when the sequence finishes?

#600 4 years ago

Thankfully, I have not had any air ball issues on the right ramp. My two biggest issues I've had with TWD is the xbow works intermittently and the zombie in the prison doesn't always register. I haven't tried tweaking the zombie yet, but the xbow has been a bitch! Stern is sending me new switches but u fear that's not the issue. I thought I had the issue resolved and it worked 99% flawless since Sunday night until today! Just as I was beginning to fall in love with the xbow shot, wham! Issues again where the motor starts then stops a second later and does nothing til it's time to ball search.

Other than those 2 issues, this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the avengers tweaking and tuning days

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It sucks that you are having issues, and you have every right to be frustrated. I don't think it's fair to compare the game to Avengers, though. With TAV, the need to majorly tweak it was pretty much inescapable. Other than perhaps a few switch adjustments for the bash toys, TWD is generally quite a solid player right out of the box. Yes, the left ramp was a problem on early builds, but that has since been corrected by the factory. The crossbow issue you are experiencing is not common at all.

Thanks. What tweaks have you guys done to the zombie in the barn? Granted, I haven't looked at the switch yet, but plan to this weekend. Lemme know your suggestions. Thanks!

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. Mine has been great out of the box other than the left ramp issue which was quickly fixed by Stern. No comparison at all with Avengers, as virtually every one of those had numerous things that needed to be tweaked/dialed in.

The only thing you can really do here is adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. Mine does not register every hit either. There must be something about the angle of it, because my Well Walker and Bicycle Girl register the slightest of impacts.

When we were playing your TWD, I remember the xbow not working from time to time like mine is. It would start to go then stop and sometimes go and release, and other times it would ball search itself. Is that not the case anymore?

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's actually pretty much *never* done that except for when you played it! Funny how that works.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if it's a bug during 2-player games? I had mine working great then played a game the other day with my niece and it started acting up again.

Next time you guys play your TWD can you do me a favor and play a few 2-player games and let me know if it acts up?

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I adjusted the sensitivity on the switch of multiple games we worked on so they were more sensitive and registered all hits. Out of the box I found the majority were not sensitive enough.

Ah thanks Gio. That's pretty much what I've been doing. had it working good for about 20 straight games then started acting up just the other night.

#620 4 years ago

My problem now isn't the head registering hits but the Optos that register hits and spell prison. They worked perfectly until the latest update where stern made them "more sensitive" in the code. Now they don't register all the time, especially with really hard hits.

Try reseating the optic sensor wires. Just like the ball trough problems.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My crossbow goes into ball search every now and then too SKB. Doesn't bother me,

Glad I'm not alone. Bothers me when a main feature doesn't work more than 95% of the time. Especially since I was just learning the rules of the bow and actually enjoying it a lot.

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He said that it goes into ball search once in awhile. So does mine. Started happening after the most recent update and its common.
I don't think this is the same issue that you are having. Even when the game goes into ball search when the ball is locked in the crossbow, the crossbow still works when you hit the button. Is that what's happening with yours?
For some reason by crossbow doesn't go into ball search nearly as often as it did right after the update.

Yea youre right. Different issue. Mines not a ball search. It's a stutter step. And when it stutters it immediately shuts down the xbow mode meaning all xbow shots are not lit as if regular play is back in action.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

I have exactly the same issue with mine and like you have tried adjusting switches etc,if I find a remedy I will post it up.

I think I found it! *crossing fingers* and *praying to the pinball gods* and to anyone who believes in pinball magic! Not the pin ...although that's a cool pin.

TLDR at the bottom of this post.

So there's 3 issues and I believe they're all related. They are:
Xbow: starts, then stops for a split second, cancels the mode, then continues moving and auto fires
Woodbury: auto awards the first reward and launches ball back into play automatically
Skill shot: cancels skills shot before final inlane attempt

I gave up on the xbow. Decided time to move on. The Woodbury and skill shot seem like a flakey switch. I decided to reseat all my connectors everywhere including boards. I also then targeted all the opto sensors. All seemed good then Woodbury started acting up again and I could almost replicate it to a tee as I found what was causing it! It would only occur when clear the prison yard was active. And when Woodbury shot is made, the prison doors shut causing a switch hit!

So it's either the zombie head switch or the prison door opto sensors. I decided to fix my zombie head switch first since that wasn't registering all the time anyway. I then firmly reseated the opto sensors on the board even giving a pin connector an ever so slightly bend to keep the connection firmly seated. Keep in mind the opto board for the prison sensors is off to the left of where the wires come out (when the pf is in the upright position).

So far so good and even got a 100mil+ horde score!

Praying this fixes it.

TLDR: check and reseat your prison door switch optos firmly. Check and adjust prison zombie switch so it's not always active or has a chance of intermittent registers.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I found it! *crossing fingers* and *praying to the pinball gods* and to anyone who believes in Pinball Magic! Not the pin ...although that's a cool pin.
TLDR at the bottom of this post.
So there's 3 issues and I believe they're all related. They are:
Xbow: starts, then stops for a split second, cancels the mode, then continues moving and auto fires
Woodbury: auto awards the first reward and launches ball back into play automatically
Skill shot: cancels skills shot before final inlane attempt
I gave up on the xbow. Decided time to move on. The Woodbury and skill shot seem like a flakey switch. I decided to reseat all my connectors everywhere including boards. I also then targeted all the opto sensors. All seemed good then Woodbury started acting up again and I could almost replicate it to a tee as I found what was causing it! It would only occur when clear the prison yard was active. And when Woodbury shot is made, the prison doors shut causing a switch hit!
So it's either the zombie head switch or the prison door opto sensors. I decided to fix my zombie head switch first since that wasn't registering all the time anyway. I then firmly reseated the opto sensors on the board even giving a pin connector an ever so slightly bend to keep the connection firmly seated. Keep in mind the opto board for the prison sensors is off to the left of where the wires come out (when the pf is in the upright position).
So far so good and even got a 100mil+ horde score!
Praying this fixes it.
TLDR: check and reseat your prison door switch optos firmly. Check and adjust prison zombie switch so it's not always active or has a chance of intermittent registers.

Update: I found this wire connector to the Z connector very loose. got it a little tighter and secure. Will update if it resolves it but this switch connector is related to the closed door switch. The problem appears to reside in one of these switches around the prison.

image.jpg

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Update: I found this wire connector to the Z connector very loose. got it a little tighter and secure. Will update if it resolves it but this switch connector is related to the closed door switch. The problem appears to reside in one of these switches around the prison.
image.jpg

Turning out to not be a flakey switch. At a lost. Stern tech support really hasn't chimed in much. Gio has been helpful thankfully. Will see what happens. Here's the issues in case any others are having them, all these issues are inconsistent and don't happen regularly but 'seem' to happen more often when the prison doors are open for clear the yard and bg ramp is up and running bg mode:

Woodbury: when the shot is made it auto awards the first reward and auto launches simultaneously before even displaying the awards.

Xbow: cancels the mode before the bow even goes out more than half an inch; motor stops then starts and auto fires (I presume because when the mode auto cancels the ball switch is still detected.

Skill shot: sometimes cancels the final shot into the inlane and awards no skill shot. This is after the ball rolls over the star lanes.

At this point; if I had to guess the issue, I'd say it's the first star lane sensor that's the issue because of items #1 and #3 above. I disconnected the sensor and it seemed to happen more often but still not consistent. I'm at a lost and this is above my pay grade lol. Hopefully others with these symptoms can chime in. I'll wait to hear back from Gio or stern before starting a tech help thread.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

What would be the easiest way to get at the Right outlane post? I want to adjust down but I want to take apart the least amount stuff to get there.

Going off memory here but it was actually easier than it looked; i believe it was 2 or 3 screws on the main ramp above it will give you enough free room to unscrew it and move it down.

To unscrew i used a small skinny phillips to keep the screw in place and used a nut driver from underneath to unscrew. Just be careful when you get to the end not to drop the nut

Then, with nut(s) in hand, and the 3 screws off the main ramp, you should be able to unscrew and pull the screw out enough to move the screw and post down to the next notch. Tighten, then put ramp screws back and you're golden!

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

So I am becoming a new owner of a LE.
It's on its way now to me. Can't wait!
Is there somewhere where I can get the current code rules? Thank u zombies and zombie killers

Don't get bit! Hahaha just messing congrats.

In a nutshell :
- Hit bank of drops to start a mode (dead features). These modes are indicated on the main inserts for each shot.
- modes are pretty much shoot the same shot over and over with some exceptions and slight tweaks to each. Works well for this game and building multiplier and such can equate to some rewarding scores for the modes.
- drop target rules: *disclaimer - i dont know all the drops rules so bare with me*with all 3 drops up, the first aid, weapon, and food inserts will have a flashing light rotate between the 3. When you hit any drop target while one of those specific inserts is flashing, you'll lock that insert and receive it's reward once you complete the entire bank. Rewards are as follows:
- first aid: nothing if no features are running or qualified. Worth 1 prison walker bomb if you have clear the yard running and/or prison mb. If you have a mode going I believe it adds more time, food insert may add more time thougj? I forget
- weapon: loads crossbow. Accumulates if xbow is already lit. Also awards weapons during horde
- food: nothing if no features are running. Awards 1 well walker bomb if well walker is qualified for the countdown to mb. Also awards well walker bomb if ww mb is running. Adds more time to modes?
- once you get a drops target award, itll light solid. Get all 3 for blood bath
- walker kills: walker kill inserts are represented for each shot including well walker. 2 walker kills lights the X in lane rollover. Every 2 walker kills adds another multiplier to that X (i.e. 2X,3X,4X,5X) I believe 5X is cap. When ball rolls over the lit X, the very next shot is worth the X value. Double scoring + 5X + making your shot = a big zombie boner!
- certain # of walker kills lights bicycle girl. Defeat bg for a multi kill
- multi kills are accumulated by hitting a # of shots in dead features modes (typically 3 but it varies). MKs are also awarded for shooting xbow a certain # of times, hitting bg, hitting a # of drop target banks, and I think there's a few other ways.
- light all the mk weapons for horde!
- horde: don't get bit! Shoot red shots. As time goes by zombies get closer and the insert next to the red arrow lights as they closer eventually lighting all inserts for the shot. Kill enough zombies to refresh ball saver. Not sure how to complete this mode or if it's possible, after all it is a horde of freaking zombies!
- Woodbury : hit drop target to light Woodbury. Shoot Woodbury to start the Woodbury shot. Select your reward to shoot for with flipper buttons. Additionally, select one of the 4 shots (2 star rollovers or 2 upper lanes) that lights the reward. Once you have your reward and shot selected , shoot the ball into that shot to collect. First star rollover must hit that light only and not the second. 2nd star rollover must hit it and not go to the upper lanes. Upper lanes just get it in the lit one. You cannot select the shot after you plunge so shoot wisely!
-hitting the Woodbury drop target will eventually pulse the spinner inserts. Hit spinners to build jackpot value. Collect that jackpot at Woodbury
- collect all the walker kills possible on the inserts for last man standing; I think it adds up to 118 walker kills needed? I could be wrong.
- prison mb: shoot either the prison or a blue arrow to reveal the prison walker then hit prison walker once. Do this a bunch of times to light the super jp which is the riot shot. Don't know what happens after making thst shot as I always drain.
-well walker mb: switch hits will eventually light well walker for jp. Do it enough and ramps will light green for double supers? Don't know if there's more. I always drain during the green ramp jp level
- blood bath mb is all switch hits but you can progress and stack prison or ww mb.
- skill shot: blow off the zombies head
- crossbow: shoot the pretty lit shot. Get them all for crossbow mb
-crossbow mb: no idea

1 week later
#666 4 years ago

Kinda wish there was a spinner jackpot champion. I just hit it for 55M lol!

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Wow! But no big surprise coming from you. Did you get all the issues ironed out in your game?

Yes! The prison walker was too sensitive so when the door open/closed it would sometimes register causing those modes (xbow, skill shot, Woodbury) to cancel.

#673 4 years ago

After owning the game for a few weeks, I really don't see the need for the cheater posts. Although, last night I played a dozen games and couldn't score above 20m and started thinking I needed the posts. Then, I proceeded to have a 750m game with a 252M horde mode. Yep, game is fine as is

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did you bring in the factory outlane posts, or leave them in their original locations?

I pulled them in day 1 cause of all the fear threads and extender posts I've read about this pin. I may open them back to factory someday but I get a good mix of long and short ball times now.

#686 4 years ago

Truer words have never been spoken. SKB is the only one on earth that has beat both mini wizard modes on xmen and made it to the main wizard mode (while it was still there).

I had my outlanes in on xmen when I did that

But everything else was factory

#687 4 years ago

And I forgot how hard a pin xmen was til I played it again last week on location. It's fun! But those call outs... Shriek!! How did I ever like them?

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

I'm finally in the club since last wednesday. Let's just say my son is also delighted!
Stern Pinball ... fun for young & old
TWD.jpg

holy crap my stern box forts suck!! Compared to that well done. Luckily my fort just entertains a 2 year old. Welcome to the club.

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Thanks Eskaybee, I had a 5 year old overviewing the build (read as: wanting a working drawbridge & a secret chamber for treasure-chests).
This pin is awesome & brutal at the same time. Factory settings / 3 ball ... so far only 322 million with 43 walkers killed. Still some questions on the rules, but with the help of David Pinball Wizz I'll get these sorted out. LMS will be hard to get to (just like Valinor took me really, really, really long). That day will come ... eventually (I hope).

Awdome man congrats!

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ordered my Premium a couple of weeks go. But down here we have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...
Can't wait!
What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.
Many people got the Stern armour and printed inside blades? Worth getting? Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

Top 3 mods:
Shaker
Speakers
Invisiglass

#733 4 years ago

I need to get that bg light mod. Who sells the good one? Any links?

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Just joined the club.
Couple of questions:
Does the bicycle girl fix come on the game now? And the drop target is it supposed to have a sticker on it?
And last what the heck am I doing??? I am sure the rules are somewhere in this section I will scroll up.

image.jpeg

Grats Lisa!

My premium didn't have the ramp fix kit. Told my distributor and stern shipped it out. They're 2 small thin pads that go under the bg ramp to protect pf and prevent air balls. If you have a little piece of felt or padding for temporary til stern gets you the kit, do it. And/or keep a close eye on the area til you get it so no damage is done.

Drop target decal should be in the goodie bag. Think there's 3 different ones to choose from.

You'll have to do some searches on rules. They're Lyman so not very forth coming and a little confusing. Drop targets start modes. In addition, You'll notice when all 3 drops have a cycling insert (first aide, weapon, food). Whichever insert is lit when you hit any drop will lock in that drops bonus reward when you clear all 3 drops. See below for rewards.

There's 2 stages to starting each mb. Spelling prison first time by hitting prison will start clear the prison yard in which you spell prison again either by shooting blue targets and/or the prison walker. During clear the prison yard, the first aid drop target award will give you prison walker bombs which will light your lock bar button blue. Walker bombs count towards a prison yard hit. Prison will be flashing like crazy when ready to start mb by hitting prison walker. If you have a walker bomb you can use if you drain to start mb.

Well walker mb is similar. Spell well to start the ww progression to mb. The dmd will show you how many hits you have remaining to start ww mb. During this stage the FOOD drop reward gives ww bombs which are indicated by green lock bar button.

The weapons drop target reward loads crossbow during standard play and gives an extra weapon shot during horde.

The drops do more during modes too like add time.

Once you've collected all 3 drop target awards which will be indicated by solid inserts, blood bath mb will be lit.

Multi kills are the key to getting horde. The way to light them is by doing good in all the modes.

Woodbury drop will light Woodbury; and if your two spinner shot inserts are pulsing then the spinner jackpot round will be lit by hitting spinners to increase the jackpot and collecting that jp at Woodbury.

Woodbury game is selecting a reward then selecting 1 of 4 shots to go for. You can get creative with the flipper buttons to choose your shot. I believe the arena shot will increase the rewards before starting Woodbury but this is unconfirmed.

The walker target inserts with crosshairs on each shot represent walker kills. Every 2 kills will increase the inlane X multiplier. Not sure how high you can get the X multiplier but you cash it in on ONE shot when the ball rolls over the I lane when X is lit - then your next shot is worth that X amount.

Get a sub if you don't already have one

Good luck and don't get bit!

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I've got PDI, shaker and think both are must haves. I also happen to think the bloody armor on the LE is a must have (but my entire game room is color themed to black and red). The BG light is probably the best bang for the buck as far as mods go too. Huge difference and not too pricey.
LE514Spend.jpg
Never noticed how washed out the picture is, but the bloody armor really looks great on the LE.

That really does look awesome

#816 3 years ago

Just had a great turn around game where not once, but twice, on ball 3 I used a walker bomb to keep my game going with prison mb then ww mb which in turn got me to horde. Which brings me to my next question, is horde beatable?

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I love horde and how it can go on forever

I do too but there should be an extra ball award in there somewhere at phase 6 or 7. your game is pretty much over and no chance of siege, terminus, or LMS if you play horde on ball 3.

Hopefully these are things Lyman is addressing in an update. Btw, I haven't been paying attention lately nor did I watch the dead flip stream; is it confirmed an update is currently being worked on?

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

same here ... anybody fail this mode and have the flippers die?

I have, but it was the day 1.41 was released, playing on RobT's machine before i owned twd so honestly dont remember if it counted as a lost ball or not. I do remember getting a please wait screen on the dmd for like 5 minutes before i could resume play. I think rob took video or pics of the 'bug?'.

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wait wait wait...what??? Am I missing something? What are the TWO skill shots?

Im wondering if he means a two stage skill shot? rollovers being stage 1 - flashy blinky pretty light being stage 2?

I love that when you complete the full skill shot your shotgun blasts the walkers head clean off. If you only get one roll over, the shotgun only gets half of the walkers head. And if you dont get any roll overs but get the 2nd stage you use a pistol to the walkers head. Cool stuff!

#848 3 years ago

Ahh then Star Trek sorta has this. At any point mid game when the ball goes to the shooter lane, you can hold the left flipper to light the vengeance or right ramp for a second super skill shot.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does anyone's crossbow intermittently accept a ball then try to move but it doesn't then the crossbow shot times out. Then the crossbow moves out and releases the call? This seems to happen to me about 10% of the time now. The switches 50 and 51 work perfectly in test and the cross bow motor moves the crossbow with no problems.

Check your prison zombie switch. This bugged the hell out of me for a week+. Finally found that when the doors closed for the xbow shot, the prison zombie switch was making contact ending the xbow mode.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I received my PREMIUM yesterday ...
the game is amazing ...
I have just the problem on the CROSSBOW
when I go in, he shot the ball all alone at the beginning of the sequence ( without touching the button)
it must adjust what?
Thank you

Hmmm that sounds a little different than my problem. Does the crossbow stop at all for a second then fire on its own? If so, it's a switch that's making contact ending the mode - for mine, it was the prison walker switch. But your problem sounds a little different?

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else ever get tunnel shots that make it by the pops but dont hit the metal guide smooth enough so the ball bounces back into the pops?

Yes I get this a lot.

1 week later
#993 3 years ago

Actually crossbow gets loaded via the drops. Lock in the weapon drop insert, then finish the rest of the drops.

1 week later
#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Any of you guys have a problem with your x-bow acting up occasionally? About one in four times it will start to move maybe an inch, and then goes back and spits the ball out in home position. Then it will rotate out and shoot it out itself.
This started after installing the x-bow mod. I lowered the pf with a few washers under the hangers and it worked fine up until this last week.
Guess I'll have to dig in there again.

I had this problem when I first bought my premium. Turned out it was an over sensitive switch on the prison walker so the prison doors would close or even the slightest shaker trip would trigger it right when the xbow was about to start then the mode would end and the xbow would auto unload. So maybe try giving a little more space between the leaf switches on your prison walker.

#1043 3 years ago

I know it was discussed earlier, but has anyone played with getting to siege yet on new code? Since the latest update, I got the prison mb super jackpot twice (in two separate games). I have t done off glass testing yet, but I'm thinking you have to get the super twice in one game which means you'd have to get it in two (or more) separate multiballs as after you get a super it switches to victory laps.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

How do you accumulate walker bombs? I keep forgetting about them but managed to save my game once and start WWMB

You have to qualify prison, well walker, or horde to get their respectful walker bomb. I.e. Start clear the prison yard to qualify prison walker bombs; prison bombs are then accumulated by the first aide insert - I.e. When all 3 drop targets are up, hit any drop target when the first aide insert is flashing, that'll lock the first aid insert then complete the rest of the drops to collect the walker bomb. Sounds more confusing than it is.

#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I don't have a shaker yet!

Wtf!?!
How long have you had your TWD. Spend all that money on mods and no shaker. What's wrong with you man!

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@Eskaybee:
siege is lit by doing this:
start prison multibull, shoot 6 jackpots (alternate shots and prison walker) so you get the super through the riot shot
For 6 to 12:
After the super jackpot you can shoot victory laps. You must alternate too doing this, you shoot a ramp, you shoot the prison. However prison doors stay closed now and you only see that you have to shoot the prison by it's flashers. This was so in previous code, don't know if it has changed but I think it's the same.
After 6 succesfull alternates after the super, siege is lit when multiball ends at the prison.
ps: If you make a superjackpot during prison, but do not qualify for 12 jackpots, I think in the next prison multiball, you start with jackpots again in stead of victory laps.

Thanks for the info! I don't think one person knew about the victory laps into the prison, great stuff!

So if I'm reading this right, once you make the super jp, it's do or die? Meaning if you drain, you start all over on the next multiball? Sounds pretty cool to me.

1 week later
#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Received my premium this weekend and wow its amazing ... and dam difficult especially after I waxed it lol. Whats odd is the play field was made in 2014 and date on cab is dec 4 2014 which is crazy ? They had it for a year ?

Quoted from cooked71:

Same here, build date 15th December 2014!

Mine was DEC 2014 build too. Got it a couple months ago. Just proof that this title did not sell well which is what 2 distributors told me. Now that Lyman nailed the code, I hear stern will do another run - the game is gaining popularity. Shows that code can trump poor design and poor theme integration.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Poor design? I love the layout and everything about it . Im glad it has a more general zombie theme other than all Walking Dead . im a huge fan of the show.

I like the layout too but that doesn't mean there aren't design flaws. WW arm blocks players vision of prison inserts, pops exit isn't a very inconsistent and somewhat klunky design, the bg ramp is another klunky design, the shooter lane has had issues with many owners; to name a few. I'm not knocking it, I really enjoy the layout but there is a lot of klunk factors and obstructions that could have been dealt with had the designer been given more time.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can anyone actually hit the Riot or Tunnel shot out of the crossbow consistently? I can hit the other shots on the reg but usually get Riot and Tunnel off a ricochet...

Ive hit Riot with the XBOW once in my 3 mos of owning this pin and i think it was shear accidental. Now that xbow frenzy requires only 3 successful shots, i usually just focus on Barn, BG, & Arena.

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

When I start a game on Pro it spits out 2 balls to start to the shooter. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Reseat your ball trough opto connections and see if that helps.

#1158 3 years ago

I was not a fan of the premium lighting at first. But once I got engulfed into the pin and theme, I love it. It almost makes me feel like I'm slashing through tons of walkers getting blood all over my face and eyes. Complete blood and gore everywhere! That's the only way I can describe it; and it's not harsh on the eyes after some getting used to. (Note: I play my pins in complete darkness, no ambient lighting unless STLE is on next to it lol )

4 months later
#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So quick Newb Question. My friend outscored me again.. But i noticed hes shaking the crap out of the machine while he plays. Ive shaken some. But i mean if he plays for 1 hour the Warning sound pops off 50 times during that hour. Is this bad for the machine. My machine is on carpet. Should i get those slider pads to put underneath the legs. Or is this completely fine. ?

Completely fine. And should be expected with TWD. Pinballs were meant to be nudged. Now, if he's being over harsh and over bearing too much to your liking, then tighten your tilt.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I just thought he might going crazy with it. Maybe i should tighten it on him. Hes logged more hours on my machine than me. probably 14 hrs compared to my 3 hours. But just this past weekend he managed to smoke my 329mill. And posted up a 744 mill score on me. I was wondering how in the hell he did it. Im pretty sure the massive nudging hes doing now is the answer. Ive got to practice that if i have a chance at his score.

Nudging is huge for TWD cause there's so many cheap drains. Other big scoring methods is learning how to build and use your inlane X multiplier. Also get bloodbath going, then stack another multiball on top and you can really get some points especially if you get a mode started first. Getting big stacks like this also equate to multi-kills; and multi-kills = HORDE and Horde = lots of points.

Good luck, take him down!

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

A death save on my TWD is perfectly acceptable to me. (Ive got felt sliders under the feet, so even a medium nudge will move it a little)

I think that should now be called the 'Glen' Save for this game

1 week later
#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...the thought crossed my mind. I'll pound around on the playfield one of these days. Validating the playfield...that's the phrase I couldn't come up with...LOL! Thanks.

I had this issue on my premium when I owned. Drove me crazy, even caused the xbow to misfire and not work. Took awhile, but I finally found that it was the zombie in the prison. The doors would close and trigger a switch hit on that zombie which would cancel the skill shot or xbow.

2 months later
#3284 3 years ago

Has anyone who bought an NIB TWD in the last few weeks or month experienced any insert ghosting or clearcoat defects like the GB club have? I'm Considering an NIB PRO but these pf issues have me on the nervous nelly fence.

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wish the kpg version worked on the pro so I could try it out.

I believe the KPG version is mine that I made. He just made a couple music changes (I think). Anyway, I'll be making a pro version of my prem version soon. Stay tuned!

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Two small rubber rings cut so they can be placed over the wire ball rail on the left side of the right ramp. Eliminates most stdm balls exiting the pops because usually they will nudge a ball enough so it hits the left flipper. I don't want to have to tell everyone else they have to nudge the game to stop those cheap assed drains. My wife can't anyway because she weighs 98lbs.

Does this affect right loop through the pops shot much?

5 months later
#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have played a pro consistently since the game was released. Love it.
I recently did a temp trade with a buddy and I have put about 500-600 games on his premium in the past month. Overall, the premium is better due to the light show and walker bombs.
The main thing I dislike about the premium is that left ramp. The pro is so much better in that respect. Even after doing the mods that make the prem ramp smoother, still doesn't touch the satisfying feel of the pro left ramp.
I'd take the prem for sure if I got one, and I didn't think I'd ever say that. Always thought the pro was better until I got a prem in my house.

I'm the complete opposite. Owner a prem for a few months. Tons of plays. Every time I play a pro on location I absolutely love it. Love the smoother, faster gameplay. Feels less unpredictable and just meshes better for me.

If I ever own Twd again, it'll be a pro.

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

Get a TWD! I say pro, but some can't get past the LE enjoyment factor. That said, IF BM66 ever gets good, like TWD good, there will be plenty to buy as the production line will be moving heavily with them. If it remains bad, then there will be plenty to be had on the secondary market at a discount.

Why buy such an unfinished product? Go with something proven, TWD!

#4210 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately this isn't possible on a prem. You can only multiply a crossbow shot by the 2x playfield. Can't combine an inlane X with it.
Unless you disable the crossbow then you might be able too. Not sure.

Not sure if Lyman fixed the code or not but when I had my TWD prem, if you disabled the xbow it would disable the mode completely so you couldn't play it like a pro.

#4222 2 years ago

Does the LED do DotsXL?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woonsocket, RI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside