Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7843 4 months ago

New to the club with one of the last batch premium released. The previous owner said he didn't have this problem in having. I sometimes get bad plunges that hit the pops and not make it to the star roll-overs or drop lanes. Usually I get this when I do a golf to 3/4 strength plunges. Full strength plunges seem to go OK but you then have to be quick to get the skill shot. Woodberry is very difficult. I don't know what the shooter lane exit should look like, so I've included a photo of mine. Can anyone assist with a solution please. You'll notice the gate over laps the exit

IMG20190526175526 (resized).jpg
#7878 4 months ago

I bought this to try as a topper. Will work out how to mount and light this thing up

IMG20190530153029 (resized).jpgIMG20190530153554 (resized).jpg
#7885 4 months ago

I like the concept but unsure of your choice of artwork. However I can't advise on what the artwork should look like which is no help to you. I still think it's a great effort

1 month later
#8018 3 months ago

Was just reading the premium and LE flyers and it mentions GI LED being red, green and white. Is this correct or did the games end up only being shipped with red and white? Or am I misreading this?

#8030 3 months ago
Quoted from T7:

They ended up dropping the green -> it's only red and white

Ah thank you for that. I was alittle concerned with my recent premium purchase. Thought something might be wrong
BTW was there 3 gi's throughout or some red /white like around the slings and other areas were green/white?

#8035 3 months ago

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

IMG20190718211942 (resized).jpg
#8037 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

Oh OK so the mod is the nyliner in affect. Thanks

#8057 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

I think your switch could be flakey. Reason I say this is i get bicycle activations without going up the ramp. I haven't fixed the issue but I have found the switch on the last gate on the ramp can be activated by wiggling the ramp or shaking the machine. So maybe vibration and a too sensitive switch is the key?

#8059 3 months ago

Made my own prison door cover. Paint silver with black smudge to give the grunge look. I think it came up ok. Did a little sign where I normally stick key fob plastics on the headbox upper trim. Kinda like a plaque.

IMG20190719200551 (resized).jpgIMG20190719200557 (resized).jpgIMG20190719201649 (resized).jpg
#8107 86 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..Just got done changing all the rubbers out to Titan clears...Pita as usual, but looks great....always love being just 1 or 2 short every time I do these damn games....
Fortunately, I'm just short the double 3/16 on the right outline....My ocd will survive until my next order...

Which were the worst, most time consuming ones to do

1 week later
#8121 79 days ago

Hi guys, I have not asked for help on this as I didn't want to trouble people until I have exhausted everything I can think of. My xbow is unreliable in that I'll have a fail or two every 10 entries but it could be more.

I have adjusted xbow switches, bicycle girl, and prison head targets, disabled these switches as well as well walker and the optos. Even changed over the opto pcb. Adjusted pitch of game, turned shaker off, tried it at on all settings etc. Reseated connectors, put a washer under the swing arm of xbox, tightened/loosened pivot point of xbox.

Is there anything I've missed or could try. Each time I've had success, it lasts for 10-20 xbox cycles then a failure. One game it failed 4 times in a row. When it does, if it loads again during that ball, it will just auto fire otherwise the next ball it resets.

Now one thing I have noticed during in xbox test mode is every now and then after hitting sw51, instead of continuing right to do the 180deg approx swing, it will go immediately left back to home sw50. Then next test may do a normal rotation or it could do this 45deg and back home motion again. This occurance is quite random and most operations are the full rotation process that I figure is the correct cycle.

Is this short cycle movement normal and if not has anyone found what causes it? Now it is impossible to know if this short cycle would have occurred in the xbow failure as when it fails, it simply stutters at the start and then the yellow lights turn off and then it will swing out after a short delay and auto fire

#8124 79 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Check my previous posts on this. I had similar issues, and I posted some pictures.
I loosened the single screw that holds the crossbow to the mechanism. It was too tight and caused random binding and other weird shenanigans.
If that’s not the problem, I’m out of Schlitz.

Thanks will try this again. BTW you wouldn't know the link so I can look at the pictures. Thanks

Found it thanks

#8125 78 days ago

Loosening the screw didn't help unfortunately but thank you for the advise

#8132 76 days ago

Hey will give anything a try. Desperate measures etc

#8134 75 days ago

Have had done vicious airballs from the areana ramp when you hit off the fly from a tunnel loop shot. Have hit the fish tank a few times. So made this protector. Fingers crossed it works

IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
#8140 74 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Might give it a whirl...Which color looks best?
Bought mine HUO, so no goodie bag...Looking for the decal that goes on the Woodbury drop..Anyone have a spare? Thanks...

Are you sure there isn't one already on the target? I thought the same but then had a good close look at it was there. It's a very dark picture so easily missed. Also people have removed these in cares where their target sticks and won't retract

#8142 74 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

First ball played, I get 65 kills.
Drain, and still have two EBs, plus 2 balls.
I'm feeling like this might be my LMS game!!! Then... drain, drain, drain!!!
Haha! End game with 85 kills. Pulse racing, hands shaking! What an intense game!

Yesterday I had 115 kills, lms lit, hit the Woodbury target twice and it didn't stay down. Lms lit for two balls and I couldn't start it lol

1 week later
#8162 67 days ago

could someone please confirm what is the state of the well walker switch when the well walker is in its normal resting position. Is the switch on or off when the well walker is not tilted back or forward. I'm having problems with my crossbow and while in the pops the well walker registered a hit and so I'm guessing this may happen when the crossbow loads sometimes. thanks

#8164 67 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well walker switch is normally closed. When you hit the walker, it opens.

thank you. Mine is closed. Any idea why a well walker hit might have been triggered in the pops?

#8167 67 days ago

thanks guys some stuff to consider as yes I do have a shaker motor.

by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

#8169 67 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should be the same switch.

Thanks

#8172 66 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I had the same problem a while back. If you smack the playfield with your hand near the well walker I bet it will register a hit also. I had to do some minor switch adjustment on the well walker and all has been good ever since.

Thanks very much will investigate once I'm over my recent surgery

1 week later
#8230 56 days ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The guy who made it and sells it will say yes. the guys who bought it will say yes. If you like it buy it. I have a different one.

True. I haven't purchased one and have one on my radar. My concern is the quality. Are they made of the same material and do they light up well or are they somewhat washed out when lit?

#8245 51 days ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

i find the colours a little faint/washed out due to the inserts being white. So I've taken any gels I put in from my game. But the gels do work kind of

#8254 47 days ago

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

#8255 47 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

But remember the inserts on twd are white not clear so whatever you do will not give you the same effect like on other games with either coloured or clear inserts

3 weeks later
#8301 25 days ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.
Another thing, the riot shot is suposed to be like that?

Minute 1:25, hit and goes back, if yes, is a very nice felling.
Thanks

More to do with your game. Try changing some white gi's for red to maybe add some interest to the playfield. The pinstadium seems to wash out the colours on your video. Otherwise it was good. I'd only add talking if you're making this into an instructional video otherwise I'd prefer hearing just the game sounds and callouts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 199.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside