DB253839-0755-4F6D-BBD2-8A25EC7C8D03 (resized).png
4DBAF6BC-A73E-4CB2-B3EB-3CA0D26B1483 (resized).png
69A47F88-1236-4F7F-BBA5-1C1CEBF2DF97 (resized).png
8F5DD20A-64B6-4EFB-A084-8641C7FB94F8 (resized).jpeg
C3E9F7F7-3477-431A-A3C9-84BB73A33CEA (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (6 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (6 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (6 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (6 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (5 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (5 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7843 2 years ago

New to the club with one of the last batch premium released. The previous owner said he didn't have this problem in having. I sometimes get bad plunges that hit the pops and not make it to the star roll-overs or drop lanes. Usually I get this when I do a golf to 3/4 strength plunges. Full strength plunges seem to go OK but you then have to be quick to get the skill shot. Woodberry is very difficult. I don't know what the shooter lane exit should look like, so I've included a photo of mine. Can anyone assist with a solution please. You'll notice the gate over laps the exit

IMG20190526175526 (resized).jpg
#7878 2 years ago

I bought this to try as a topper. Will work out how to mount and light this thing up

IMG20190530153029 (resized).jpgIMG20190530153554 (resized).jpg
#7885 2 years ago

I like the concept but unsure of your choice of artwork. However I can't advise on what the artwork should look like which is no help to you. I still think it's a great effort

1 month later
#8018 2 years ago

Was just reading the premium and LE flyers and it mentions GI LED being red, green and white. Is this correct or did the games end up only being shipped with red and white? Or am I misreading this?

#8030 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

They ended up dropping the green -> it's only red and white

Ah thank you for that. I was alittle concerned with my recent premium purchase. Thought something might be wrong
BTW was there 3 gi's throughout or some red /white like around the slings and other areas were green/white?

#8035 2 years ago

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

IMG20190718211942 (resized).jpg
#8037 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

Oh OK so the mod is the nyliner in affect. Thanks

#8057 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

I think your switch could be flakey. Reason I say this is i get bicycle activations without going up the ramp. I haven't fixed the issue but I have found the switch on the last gate on the ramp can be activated by wiggling the ramp or shaking the machine. So maybe vibration and a too sensitive switch is the key?

#8059 2 years ago

Made my own prison door cover. Paint silver with black smudge to give the grunge look. I think it came up ok. Did a little sign where I normally stick key fob plastics on the headbox upper trim. Kinda like a plaque.

IMG20190719200551 (resized).jpgIMG20190719200557 (resized).jpgIMG20190719201649 (resized).jpg
#8107 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..Just got done changing all the rubbers out to Titan clears...Pita as usual, but looks great....always love being just 1 or 2 short every time I do these damn games....
Fortunately, I'm just short the double 3/16 on the right outline....My ocd will survive until my next order...

Which were the worst, most time consuming ones to do

1 week later
#8121 2 years ago

Hi guys, I have not asked for help on this as I didn't want to trouble people until I have exhausted everything I can think of. My xbow is unreliable in that I'll have a fail or two every 10 entries but it could be more.

I have adjusted xbow switches, bicycle girl, and prison head targets, disabled these switches as well as well walker and the optos. Even changed over the opto pcb. Adjusted pitch of game, turned shaker off, tried it at on all settings etc. Reseated connectors, put a washer under the swing arm of xbox, tightened/loosened pivot point of xbox.

Is there anything I've missed or could try. Each time I've had success, it lasts for 10-20 xbox cycles then a failure. One game it failed 4 times in a row. When it does, if it loads again during that ball, it will just auto fire otherwise the next ball it resets.

Now one thing I have noticed during in xbox test mode is every now and then after hitting sw51, instead of continuing right to do the 180deg approx swing, it will go immediately left back to home sw50. Then next test may do a normal rotation or it could do this 45deg and back home motion again. This occurance is quite random and most operations are the full rotation process that I figure is the correct cycle.

Is this short cycle movement normal and if not has anyone found what causes it? Now it is impossible to know if this short cycle would have occurred in the xbow failure as when it fails, it simply stutters at the start and then the yellow lights turn off and then it will swing out after a short delay and auto fire

#8124 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Check my previous posts on this. I had similar issues, and I posted some pictures.
I loosened the single screw that holds the crossbow to the mechanism. It was too tight and caused random binding and other weird shenanigans.
If that’s not the problem, I’m out of Schlitz.

Thanks will try this again. BTW you wouldn't know the link so I can look at the pictures. Thanks

Found it thanks

#8125 2 years ago

Loosening the screw didn't help unfortunately but thank you for the advise

#8132 2 years ago

Hey will give anything a try. Desperate measures etc

#8134 2 years ago

Have had done vicious airballs from the areana ramp when you hit off the fly from a tunnel loop shot. Have hit the fish tank a few times. So made this protector. Fingers crossed it works

IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
#8140 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Might give it a whirl...Which color looks best?
Bought mine HUO, so no goodie bag...Looking for the decal that goes on the Woodbury drop..Anyone have a spare? Thanks...

Are you sure there isn't one already on the target? I thought the same but then had a good close look at it was there. It's a very dark picture so easily missed. Also people have removed these in cares where their target sticks and won't retract

#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

First ball played, I get 65 kills.
Drain, and still have two EBs, plus 2 balls.
I'm feeling like this might be my LMS game!!! Then... drain, drain, drain!!!
Haha! End game with 85 kills. Pulse racing, hands shaking! What an intense game!

Yesterday I had 115 kills, lms lit, hit the Woodbury target twice and it didn't stay down. Lms lit for two balls and I couldn't start it lol

1 week later
#8162 2 years ago

could someone please confirm what is the state of the well walker switch when the well walker is in its normal resting position. Is the switch on or off when the well walker is not tilted back or forward. I'm having problems with my crossbow and while in the pops the well walker registered a hit and so I'm guessing this may happen when the crossbow loads sometimes. thanks

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well walker switch is normally closed. When you hit the walker, it opens.

thank you. Mine is closed. Any idea why a well walker hit might have been triggered in the pops?

#8167 2 years ago

thanks guys some stuff to consider as yes I do have a shaker motor.

by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should be the same switch.

Thanks

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I had the same problem a while back. If you smack the playfield with your hand near the well walker I bet it will register a hit also. I had to do some minor switch adjustment on the well walker and all has been good ever since.

Thanks very much will investigate once I'm over my recent surgery

1 week later
#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The guy who made it and sells it will say yes. the guys who bought it will say yes. If you like it buy it. I have a different one.

True. I haven't purchased one and have one on my radar. My concern is the quality. Are they made of the same material and do they light up well or are they somewhat washed out when lit?

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If you are talking about changing the insert colors (actually adding color) the simple way is to just slide in some colored gels.
Not optimal but easy and the results look pretty good.

i find the colours a little faint/washed out due to the inserts being white. So I've taken any gels I put in from my game. But the gels do work kind of

#8254 2 years ago

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You can also try colourimg the led with a text pen. I think a friend did this on a game and it worked

But remember the inserts on twd are white not clear so whatever you do will not give you the same effect like on other games with either coloured or clear inserts

3 weeks later
#8301 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Ive made a gameplay video last night, can you guys tell me your opinions, what can i improve, camara, lights, add some talking, etc.
Another thing, the riot shot is suposed to be like that?

Minute 1:25, hit and goes back, if yes, is a very nice felling.
Thanks

More to do with your game. Try changing some white gi's for red to maybe add some interest to the playfield. The pinstadium seems to wash out the colours on your video. Otherwise it was good. I'd only add talking if you're making this into an instructional video otherwise I'd prefer hearing just the game sounds and callouts

1 month later
#8400 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you put in the time and focus, this pin is a great trainer on nudging to avoid outlane drains. This technique, once learned will greatly increase your score on this and all other pins.

Man I get some huge scores on this title but those outlanes kill me. My technique is keep the ball away from there just like on my gb that also kills me.

What nudge technique do you employ? I can't help but nudge forward which is not the way to go

#8402 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Depending on where the ball is heading, side to side works. But it can be counter-intuitive. When you think you need to nudge left, try nudging right.

Thanks is will try this. Just gotta stop my natural reaction to push forward

#8404 1 year ago

Never happened to me but I can see it happening. Don't think there is a setting

#8434 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here's a creepy translite option that would work on all models but might look best on the premium?[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. Are they being made?

#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

w/hair[quoted image][quoted image]

The hair is too neat in my opinion

#8456 1 year ago

Lol I like the last one as a joke. Looks like your prez the one with the cap and the comb over zombie as well
Btw I can't see the first of 4 pix is that me or was it blank

#8459 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well I have the same issue and never fixed it. I added the same post as you both and it deflects approx 75% of the STDM from the right loop. If I get a little bound off the lower bumper and it hits the right loop it almost always is headed for SDTM. I've gotten better at nudging but it is encouraging to hear someone got it 100% reliable so maybe there is some leveling involved.

I have stock standard everything on my game and am lucky to get 1% sdtm. I think it's all to do with levelling. Maybe try tweaking that before going through the drama of modifying things.

#8462 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

75 Walker kills on ball one (including 2 eb's). Guess how many I ended up with...

Now that's funny. What you do, forget to play the last two balls?

#8471 1 year ago

My tip and I've only recently adopted this phylosophy as I've missed out on wizard modes before, and that is to not force the shot. I've attempted the shot, missed and just saved the ball and then straight away went for it again and just saved the ball, rinse and repeat until I lost the ball. If you fail to make the shot after two attempts, just make other shots and get your rhythm back and relax. The wizard shot will just happen once you've calmed down. Works most times for me.

#8473 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had an LCD DMD on it for a while. Tried each of the settings such as Hirez, Dots, Dotsxl etc. Then I switched it with an LED colorDMD for comparison. Huge difference. Much better color gradation and more subtle colors revealed. This game looks much better with the LED DMD.

I also think led looks more traditional on how the graphics is supposed to look. And it fits just like the original

#8495 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks! I made everything. I will post some better pics of the backboard later. Here is a low res pic of the side blades. I need to redo them and adjust where some of the zombies are for better visibility when installed. They blades turned out really cool as I printed them on clear vinyl and then applied that to galvanized sheet metal. It really gave it an industrial foil look that reflects the GI in a neat way.[quoted image]

Artwork looks great. Best art blade I've seen for this title, but I'm unsure of one thing and I see it on other mods too with scene shots. Why is there blood spatter on the sky/horizon?

Is the blade suppose to represent a painting that has been spattered with blood or is it to give the illusion of being on the other side of the fence. Or am I viewing it through eyes that are with bloodied vision?

3 weeks later
#8617 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crossbow Multi-ball, anyone?
The Rulesheet at Tilt Forums says you can start a MB in Crossbow mode if/when you finish all the Crossbow shots.
Who has done this?
It seems impossible to me. I mean, how on earth do you hit Tunnel with the Crossbow? You can't see it. I s'pose you could carom the shot off the hip of Well Walker, but what are the odds of that? This MB must be for PRO owners only, as only by using your flippers can you hope to hit all the Crossbow shots. I s'pose you could disable the Crossbow mech on the Premium/LE and use your flippers like PRO owners do. That doesn't seem right.

Funny you mentioned this. I hit the tunnel shot by accident today. So it can be done and it was a clean shot from the cross bow

1 week later
#8640 1 year ago

You will have a red lens on yours that makes the dmd appear red. This needs to be replaced

1 week later
#8673 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

This makes no sense to me. I can't see Tunnel from my Crossbow. Like, the sight line does NOT reach the Tunnel lane in the upper-right corner of the PF. The ball would have curve around to the right, like a masse shot in billiards. Impossible!

Sorry but it happened. I've made every shot with the bow now so they are possible. I'd find it strange for a designer to have a lit shot that you can't possibly make ever.

#8676 1 year ago

After your thoughts. I still have issues with my crossbow moving a minute amount and then stopping causing a failed crossbow shot.

I have noticed recently my well walker being awarded without hits. It can happen in the pops and on other places. I'm just wondering if this can have something to do with my crossbow issue?

Also does the well walker problem simply sound like a switch adjustment fix? Thank you

#8680 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

My crossbow would sometimes not start ,it would inch out slightly then go back.
Other times it could go half way and back or do a compete cycle.
Do this tweak on the crossbow motor and that would fix your crossbow issue.
I also have a random wellwalker trigger.
Ive checked switches and all ok.
Its random so could be a sticking switch.
OK adjusted the well walker switch and seems better.
Looks like Stern dont have any real adjustment and they crush the switches.
The crossbow switches are forced too hard also.
Anyway thats sorted my random switch issue.

Thanks will give it a try

2 weeks later
#8745 1 year ago

Had a strange thing on twd prem today and suspect this could be attributing to my crossbow random fails. Well walker hit was detected while in the upper lane, then while coming from the pops a quick 3 or so hit detections were registered and then I hit well walker to start the multiball. Is the switch too sensitive or maybe requires replacing. And could my xbow fails be due the phantom well walker strikes at the same time that I don't notice?

Also is there any secret to adjusting this switch without breaking something

1 week later
#8767 1 year ago

I would raise the right side so the ball when travelling out if the pops with hit the black rubber post at the ramp entrance. Thus will feed the ball to the left flipper

3 weeks later
#8788 1 year ago

Only need the kills and be in single ball mode. On the premium you need the Woodbury target down to make the starting shot

2 weeks later
#8834 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

You can hit the Riot shot with the left flipper off the right sling. I did it by accident the first time and I do it all the time now.

Also off well walker

1 month later
#8900 1 year ago

Shoot drop targets to start modes. Make as many mode shots as possible and if time permits try to let the ball slide down a lit X lane and immediately make a mode shot fir possibly enormous points. My highest mode shot was around 250mil on its own.

Also knocking down all the drop targets during a mode will add time. Having playfield 2x running is nice too during a mode. Simply hit both Stand-up targets near prison and then make the Riot shot.

My strategy is do barn, then cdc, areana and then the other modes in that order. This order is the easiest for me to play I just can't miss barn loops on my game.

2 weeks later
#8963 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Don’t know what happened. Was in tunnel mode, completed a round, hit another White arrow and I see on the Screen 70M, another shot, 10M..
I think I succeded 3 or 4 tunnel shots before starting the first white arrows set.

Do you recall rolling over an X Multiplier prior to the shot?

#8998 1 year ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

For sure, it's your game and nothing wrong with setting it up your way.
I was just referencing why it was so hard to guess what you were building.
By the way, GBLE shipped with a center post mod from factory which always seemed like a bit of an admission to me - makes sense the aftermarket would offer the same to Pro owners.

No centre post with my gble, nor anyone else's in Australia that I'm aware of

2 weeks later
#9058 1 year ago

Oops sorry

1 week later
#9090 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey thanks,
I meant to post a different photo with the machine turned on. That’s just some paperwork that came with the game.

Looks like the accessories brochure on top

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Full TWD Premium pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you able to take a photo or two of the bicycle girl light. I can't seem to be able to buy one in oz and would like to try and make something. That area is lost otherwise. No idea where to mount the led or connect it

#9119 1 year ago

Do the leds for the fuses light up, any out? If so replace those fuses that are out.

I saw, a guy do similar, and he luckily only cooked one fuse and a standard dmd when he swapped out a Colordmd and plugged the lcd cable to the led dmd. Doh

Also what dmd where you installing lcd or led? That's give us an idea to how much cooking was involved

#9121 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Just had an amazing game. Was really close to starting my fourth prison where I only needed maybe three more jackpots in the second stage, but my quest for siege continues. I did escape the horde though. Nailed a bunch of shots at the start so had like four balls in play. When I was down to one escape was lit. 420,000,000 out of horde. Didnt get terminus either, lol
[quoted image]

Wow big score. You did real well in horde but you must have had a great mode or two in the mix as well

1 week later
#9142 1 year ago

I thought he meant the one with a zombie head on it but I could be wrong

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh I didnt know Stern ever released that on their own.

Maybe not I'm confused what this is referring to

Maybe go one of these

IMG20200604121940 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9187 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Lol don’t worry they are in the air as we speak. They are awesome.
I Always get Roberts hooked Pop Bumper caps. And his burning barn mod coming too!!

Looks great but I noticed you had two crossbows, where is the second one going

Oops just got on aa and see you sold it. Damn

#9193 1 year ago

Looking for advice. I have been suspect on my well walker switch for a little while now. Have adjusted etc because I thought it may have been activating on it's own. Now I have had an issue where drop target bank not resetting on occasions. Tonight it happened again after a few months of no issue. It didn't reset even after losing a ball, so I turned the game off. Powered on and they reset. Knocked them down and they didn't reset. So I was going to check my switch settings but flipped the ball which hit the well walker. The targets reset.

So could the well walker switch have been left open and caused the targets to not set or was it just coincidence?

#9198 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I'd take a look at the switch matrix. How are those two switches related on the matrix? Check other switches in the same row and columns.

All three drops are on the same row as the well walker and Xbow that is unreliable the home sw shares the Column with well walker

1 month later
#9300 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

When pulling apart my shooter rod, one of the rings was a bit misshapen and scratched the rod when sliding it off. The shooter is now not that smooth. A bit gritty. I can’t seem to find a sleeve for the shooter. Do stern not have one? Do I need to purchase a new rod now? Hopefully don’t have to buy a new bracket. Why don’t stern use sleeves for their shooter rods?
Any ideas on how to correct would be awesome.

They use a bush on either end , see manual part #4. Maybe yours is lying on the ground or still in the housing

1 week later
#9354 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i made thread on the mod page for the horde mod, let me know if you have any questions
https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pinsidemail/4315548?m=4317580

Is it just me or does this link not work

#9357 1 year ago

Thank you

#9378 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The arena ramp jump over to the bicycle ramp above the pops has been documented by 3 other pinsiders on this forum but no solutions as yet. I will try to rig up a plastic shield. This game does get some speed. Also my riot shot does skip over into the tunnel orbit when it gets speed. Shouldn’t have polished the bitch.

I've made a shield that seems to work. Had real issues making one because once made you find the ball fouls on some part of it or rejects going up the ramp etc. My latest failed as well but I have now now fastened a point of it to the ramp and show are sweet. I'll photograph it tomorrow if you like.

#9385 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It was a WTF moment. Skips into the bicycle ramp return at that point then travels up and around to exit at bicycle girl ramp entrance and SDTM. happens so quick, almost too quick for the eye to see. I think it would be a rare thing, but will happen when you’re getting a really good rhythm and something critical like crossbow. As I said others have experienced it. As the poster above mentioned putting a shield there can result in rejects so have to be careful.
It is an awesome game.

Yep I get shots that come from the right loop, tunnel shot and I hit it sweet and the ball can fly and hit the fish tank at the back end of the playfield. Here is my most recent design and it seems good with no rejects but I'm in early days of testing. I did have the roof go all the way to the entrance and that caused a lot of rejects.

IMG20200815124134 (resized).jpg

#9386 1 year ago

Btw here's my topper I finally got lit up
IMG20200814184708 (resized).jpg

#9388 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wow. That’s bigger than I thought. I guess you have to connect it with the existing screws. It looks good. Do you want to sell one to me???

Thanks for posting. I shall have a crack. Great to see there is a solution. Shame there is no mod that fixes this. I know there are the train tracks, but wrong ramp. Thanks again!
Sick topper by the way. As if the pin wasn’t scary enough!

I made this by hand. Just had eye surgery so won't be able to do for a week or so and I have to see if I have any lexan here. Also give me the week to finalize testing. Pls remind though if I forget about you

#9390 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good luck with the eye recovery!! Hope you are playing again soon. You have done such a good job, I thought this may have been your day job! Don’t want to be a burden. I can give it a go. Thanks so much for your help. I will post my efforts, hope I don’t infringe on your copyright

I got six patents out on this one

#9399 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had fixed the prison magnet. I had rotated it 180 degrees and used washers to fix the level, so it was flush with playfield. Every game for 2 weeks, no sdtm. And now 80% of the time, down it goes. I notice before the ball used to sit left off magnet centre. Now it sits in the lower centre. It’s like the magnet core has moved by itself. I am going to try and open it up and see what I can see inside.

Firstly are you using the latest game code.? Secondly did you locktite the nut? The core may be moving because the nut is not tight.

1 week later
#9452 1 year ago

OK I've tried everything to get my xbow to be more reliable and have failed imo. So I want to try and replace the cherry switch on the ball in position sw. Not sw 50 or 51 just yet.

Now I don't have the same brand in my stash but have the following two. Pic 3 is what's hooked up ATM. Would one of these two switches be compatible? Photo 1 with White actuator looks like its similar spec T85 where as photo 2 green actuator is T120. Or do I need to buy from stern at a silly price of nearly $50aud postage included

IMG_20200829_143946 (resized).jpgIMG_20200829_144029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200829_143726 (resized).jpg

IMG20200829143309 (resized).jpg

#9456 1 year ago

For those playing at home. I have had about a year of Xbow intermintent fails with times of few fails and days of lots. The symptom I had was the xbow would come off home slightly, stop, and then proceed to empty xbow itself.

Well I finally decided to replace the ball loaded in xbow switch diode. After 30 plus xbow loads during gameplay I have had no fails at all. I have switched the game off and on and still not fails. Early days but I'm feeling pretty confident after trying all the other fixes presented here.

So before going to the expense of replacing the motor mech try the diode and or switch beforehand.

3 weeks later
#9543 1 year ago

Just changed my translite to the pro one and think it's an improvement.

Btw my premium translite has a glossy finish on the graphic side whereas the pro is a matt. Is this normally the case with pro and premium translites

IMG20200925122538 (resized).jpgIMG20200925122622 (resized).jpg
#9545 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

That is one mad topper ...
does it light up ?
it would scare the crap out of kids

Nah but thinking of lighting up that eye ball that's popped out. It wiggles when you shake the game

#9555 1 year ago

was looking at the manual for the Prem/le and noticed under GI's that the playfield has 3 x green leds basically behind the drop targets.

Has anyone replaced the reds with green and if so, were you happy with it? I don't have any greens to try but am wondering if it would give a cool effect or stern decided it was too much away from the red red look

3 weeks later
#9575 12 months ago

Are you able to manually activate the crate and take a photo so people can see what's under the lid.

#9580 12 months ago

You won't need too much detail as the lid raise is pretty quick. I reckon it's pretty good as is, but there's no harm in improving stuff

#9585 11 months ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I'm going to add a servo and maybe some lighting to the crate so started a new thread for updates etc.
Link below
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate#post-5936066

Look forward to it thanks

3 months later
#9803 8 months ago

You can also try a cliffy post sleeve . They are a little wider than the stern one and I've had great success on my game. I only tried this as I wanted to put a red coloured sleeve there and the bicycle ramp

1 week later
#9835 7 months ago

Hey guys just an update that may help someone. I tried all the fixes for the xbow and had only short term success. Basically the Xbow would slightly move off home and then fail. I changed a diode on the top switch and got my best result but again maybe 30 good fires then it became unstable again.

Well I got sick of it and still thought it was a faulty switch issue and so changed both switches at the same time with new. 3 months down the track and not one fail in hundreds of loads. My conclusion is a flakey switch and my guess is more than likely the top xbow loaded switch.

1 month later
#9956 6 months ago

What are your thoughts. My upper right inlane swtich generally registers but sometimes when shot upwards from a pop bumper and the ball goes through, it won't register. Is this an adjustment or more likely a flakey switch?

#9961 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Have you tested it in the diagnostic menu?

Yes works most of the time, fails on the odd ball passing upward through it

#9967 6 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Is the ball getting a little airborne perhaps?

That is a fair point. More than likely it is. Thanks

#9990 6 months ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Is there a way to replace the well walker belt tape thingy best seen in this picture? Mine is starting to chip away on the right side.
[quoted image]

Remove the rubber pad and then the decal and then replace with the new.

Pingraffix sells the jeans one but I replaced my old one with the jeans one and it deteriorated after only a few games. I'd stick with the stern one.

#10020 5 months ago

I made seige for the first time. Didn't even realize until the flashing seige insert kept flashing. Duh took a moment an then the urgency hit that wow I gotta start it but how? I think hitting the doors started it and then it was so much fun and a great ending.

1 month later
#10143 4 months ago

Found a broken piece of plastic in the cabinet and found the plastic it is from. I noticed that my spinner if pushed far right on its pivot arm will hit the stock standard shape of this plastic and would break the corner off again.

So I filed the broken piece down for clearance purposes and reattached. Hope this holds tight?

I'm wondering if others have the same issue? A new replacement would simply break again in my case I think. The photo with the spinner shows the modified plastic. You can imagine I had no clearance previously.

Worth checking your plastic to see in any case.

IMG20210617172317 (resized).jpgIMG20210617174640 (resized).jpg
#10146 4 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Your spinner assembly looks like it’s bent. It should be straight across the lane.
[quoted image]

Thank you sir, I'm off to fix it. Excellent and much appreciated.

And done.

1 week later
#10167 4 months ago

I have stern ones but I still never understand why they have blood splatter on the sky? Just makes no sense to me. Other blades are similar with blood splatter like this.

#10169 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just tell myself that I have blood on my riot helmet and that’s what I’m seeing.

Good idea I must try that Lol

1 month later
#10198 87 days ago

Yes I had the same issue. Did you notice the shaker was quite strong in it's shaking too? My issue was a faulty batch of pcb as I replaced tbe transistor and it blew soon after. You can try and fix but if you ply for an extended period it will blow again. Get a new pcb. I actually get mt supplier to rob a spidey vault that had been sited of it's pcb and no more probs.

#10204 87 days ago

I had rev A on my Metallica premium and the hammer lock was very unreliable and after trying everything I purchased an aftermarket rev b and happy days for a couple of years now

1 month later
#10350 44 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Super cool looking, but not what the well walker looks like either from the show or the dmd. But modders gonna mod.

Similar to the Jurassic park boys changing the jeep out. It doesn't appear anywhere in the video or art so looks a little out of place.

#10360 42 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually the jeeps they are doing in JP is in the ultimate code video clips from Tim.

Yes true but not on stock stern cab art or video

#10368 37 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I remember people mentioning there's dimples indicating where to drill. Can't say I've looked for them.

If there's dimples why the need to drill. I've swapped dozens of playfield with say CPR playfields and have screwed where the dimples are direct. Never had a pf split if that's the concern but I can't remember what wood screws hold these brackets. Can someone explain why the pre drilling? I'm sure I'm missing something important here no doubt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside