IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e4mafia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Here's my lineup.
Ordered 5 each red, orange, and yellow LEDS to put under the inserts that are colored for them, plus a yellow flasher for the railroad symbol. Should make those colors less washed out than with the white LED under the colored insert. Also swapped out the green start button for a red one. There is no happy green in TWD!

Had to turn my coils to soft to get things somewhat under control. Damn thing was flinging air balls everywhere with them on Normal. I'll play it for a while like this and then compare. Are you guys still playing on factory outlanes or did you close them up already?

Has anyone noticed if their Bicycle Girl, Crossbow, or Fishtank lights do anything yet? I know they're plugged in because they come on for the light show, but nothing in play that I've noticed yet.

Also, I'm keeping a community updated rules sheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AeilyWnqi9J44rxazO9G6JXYLLw_8Y8gYC4dSCbIFl8/edit#
Feel free to contribute or correct as we learn.

IMG_4294.jpgIMG_4294.jpg
#18 9 years ago

Here is a doc to report bugs. Maybe Stern will take a peek, maybe not. If you find something, feel free to add it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oghf83IEZFSMQfs5LlJnxiLASr6Nvt0Kkv-hF6YAer0/edit?usp=sharing

1 week later
#30 9 years ago

Has anyone else tried changing out some of the GI on the backboard? I've got a mix of mostly red with a single warm white, and I think it looks pretty cool - what do you think?

Out of the Box
IMG_4316.jpgIMG_4316.jpg

All Red Backboard GI
IMG_4313.jpgIMG_4313.jpg

Red with single warm white
IMG_4320.jpgIMG_4320.jpg

The fact that there's no GI back there on the right side, due to the fishtank, makes what you do on the left more dominant, and somewhat overpowering if all color, in my opinion. I'm working up an idea to mod the fishtank to give it some light, and hopefully a flickering random effect when you hit the right ramp. I've got the design for the flicker done, but not yet finished on the switchover from solid to flickering when you hit the ramp. I'll post more as I make progress, and eventually either make a bunch to sell, or post instructions to make your own.

#32 9 years ago

Yeah - I wasn't going for that, but it ended up looking like a sunset situation, which I though was kind of awesome.
The order left to right was red, soft white, red, red, red

#35 9 years ago

Can we also make sure that the person being filmed is a terrible player, AND that the machine is no where near to level or proper incline? I want to make sure we get the full and proper experience

In breaking news, I just snapped off my brand new Woodbury sign with a high heater off the left flipper. Had a screaming orbit shot coming around at Mach 3.1, took a shot with the left flipper and sent that bad boy long and deep like a Babe Ruth home run shot. Warning on that shot, folks, its a doosey. 2nd time its happened, but the last time I didn't have the Woodbury sign, and it hit the right ramp switch assembly, knocking the wire hinge loose. I think I'll need to work on my drop catch.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now we are getting somewhere, cell phone footage, bad player, terrible set up and I think a Stern hater with a megaphone doing commentary would be good and while watching somehow electric shocks are emitting from the screen damaging our optical receptors. That's the way you shoot a video, this is going to be epic.

Oh, and I forgot, you HAVE to have a STLE right next to it with the volume cranked to the max.

#48 9 years ago

Put up 99 million today with a kick ass game! Very proud of myself. Had a great multiplier combo on the pop bumper jackpot. Serious points there if you build it up right. Think I netted 7.5 million on it for a single shot.

#50 9 years ago

I've put over 200 plays on it so far. No STDM problems. That's not to say I don't stem once in a while. It's pinball. That happens. Place a lazy shot halfway up a ramp? Sometimes you're going to get punished for it. That's pinball. STDMs off the magnet got cleared up after I leveled my machine. So did rollers out of the pops. That said, the pops on this game are not a 100% safe return to flippers! and I think people are complaining and not liking that. I dig it. You need to watch how it's rolling out and be proactive. You can tell when it's going to be a close one before it's too late, and give it the right nudge, you just have to be paying attention.
As for the outlanes, they are absolutely brutal, and make me want to take Bowen's advice on lanes. "How do you make it go inlane or outlane? Easy, you don't. Keep it away from them." The way the outlane side rubber sits lower on the playfield makes this very unsafe territory. Use the ramps for safe return and collecting the shot multiplier. You don't want to get bit! That said, by all means when y get a multiball and a ball saver, go ahead and drain one out and get that nice juicy bit bonus. Free points!

The only mechanical issue I have right now is that if I take a full flip on a ball screaming around on the tunnel shot, that flip is usually going to be a massive air ball. Like break my Woodbury sign home run ball. So I may need to adjust my flipper rubber a little bit. I really do enjoy this game, and find the type of challenge it gives a very refreshing change. Not much in the way of random cheap drains the way my xmen does - which also doesn't bug me. Those come from magneto and wolverine just being assholes and throwing the ball around. It fits that theme. In this game I find that 90+ % of my drains I can see coming! and just didn't think properly to nudge it right. It's maddeningly addictive that way. Will you get a slam power drain from a bad aimed shot sometimes? Yep. That's pinball. The slow floater that goes over the outlane rubber and right in like a Larry bird three pointer? My fault for sitting there staring at it. Every. Single. Time. It's hypnotic. Why don't I nudge that thing?

I haven't touched my PoTC or Xmen since TWD got here they are getting jealous.

#55 9 years ago

Been planning to do the same to mine, on the led strips behind the tunnels. Looks good, man!

#57 9 years ago

The gear I just looked at sure wasn't cheap. 15 for the panel and 15 for an inverter....add in the time to figure out the wiring and rig up the plug & play harnesses, and suddenly 80 bucks isn't looking too bad

#61 9 years ago

Rules and Bug Sheets up and ready for your input - They are copies of the previous, so edit away as you discover new things!

Thanks to everyone who has assisted so far. You all rule. You are survivors!

Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOmSE1l5xGgxbyH0AbRypnnkzIF3GU9bseulZbJc8wM/edit?usp=sharing

Bugs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kr6oy2ruBvpvqxhegjuOH-9aIQTl6ZHxdEa3yTaYGb4/edit?usp=sharing

1 month later
#90 9 years ago

I'll admit as an owner I have a bias, but hot damn, this is the best machine I've ever played. I've hardly touched my other two since I got this back in October. So challenging yet addictive - and I think thats really the holy grail for play. It walks the fine line between too hard and "god DAMMIT, ok just one more." I love that. I love the calculated risks you take when going for the drops or the stabs. Do I left orbit just one more time to build up the pop bonus? Do I try and build up the 2x timer some more or collect it now and get the points? Nearly every shot seems to require an evaluation of risk. Code is brilliant already in my opinion, and only going to get better as it gets fleshed out a little more.

2 weeks later
#108 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Added one of those TWD banks (cut off base) next to the prison.
Big scoring flaw with CDC. I did hit the left ramp a bunch of times when CDC was lit, but that score seems excessive.

image.jpg 253 KB

Holy SHIT how did that happen? Did you somehow have a giant shot multiplier, plus the 2x on play field running with a huge finish shot? That is amazing. Way to go, dude.

1 week later
#152 9 years ago

Anyone come across this yet? Ball keeps getting stuck, between the rubbers on the left lane above the pops. Right side flows through ok, but left side has always seemed pretty tight, and now unless the ball has a clean drop through from above, it tends to get stuck between the rubbers. Picture attached. Any advice?

IMG_0880.JPGIMG_0880.JPG
#159 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I wish someone made replacement zombies for the well walker.

Great thing is that because the ball isn't hitting Wellverine, you can mount whatever you want on top there, without needing to build a replacement switch or other assembly.

4 months later
#319 8 years ago

Just put up my highest to date. Absolutely EPIC game. Killed it on tunnel, and rocked it all the way to HORDE mode!!! Needed to share it with somebody, so here it is.

IMG_5682.jpgIMG_5682.jpg
3 months later
#664 8 years ago

I can show you this - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit - its the one we've been working on for the Pro. Don't have anything specific for the LE, though, sorry!

2 weeks later
#719 8 years ago

Get those drop targets! I've improved my scores quite a bit by focusing on them more. Also, Well Walker, Riot, and Blood Bath make for one hell of a stack! Now if I could just reliably hit the Riot shot even 25% of the time, I could kick some serious ass.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Yeah I ended up with the Pro for pretty much the same reasons you stated (additional features were luke warm to me). Some I liked (lighting, spinners), but others I didn't really care for (drop target, bicycle girl ramp/bash, crossbow).
Absolutely great machine! I definitely didn't need to have a premium/LE to enjoy it though.

For what its worth, I added a pair of spinners to my TWD Pro. They look pretty good, I think.

#761 8 years ago

Yeah, made a simple little jumper for them to add on to the connector for the ramp switches under the playfield. Works well, to a point - they don't fully score. I believe its because of how fast the switch is triggered. You'll get maybe 10 rotations, but it will only recognize 2 or 3 at most - the first, then the last 2 as it slows down. Anybody have any ideas about how to get around that?

Been thinking about adding a flasher under their respective playfield inserts as well, but haven't really sat down to figure out how to wire it in. Should be simple to just tap it to the source for the other flashers, but Im concerned about if the spinner switch sticks closed at all, that I might damage the rest of the circuit. Are typical Stern flashers controlled on/off by the boards in the case of a spinner? I don't have a machine with a spinner to compare.

#766 8 years ago

Hooking it to the pops would be great for scoring I think, but won't it also fire the pop every time it's triggered?

#768 8 years ago

Gonna go find some gator clips and try it out.

13221561-portrait-of-crazy-electrician-over-black-background.jpg13221561-portrait-of-crazy-electrician-over-black-background.jpg

1 week later
#801 8 years ago

Kill more walkers. Based on your minimum walker kill setting, new ones will be lit when you drop below the minimum.

1 month later
#1124 8 years ago

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit here is the living community rule sheet. A lot of it is accurate and current, but I still need to do some checking up on latest release. Maybe I'll make it a vacation week project with the glass off.
I have some new mods I got for Christmas to install anyways.

#1128 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

20151228_135651_(resized).jpg
It's here, it's here, it's here... !!!!
Holy shit! Where's the tylenol???
*bonus points for those who know there reference*

Can I refill your eggnog? Get you something to eat? Drive you out in the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?

Congratulations! That is DEFINITELY not a 12 month subscription to the jelly of the month club!

3 weeks later
#1261 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Since making the left orbit shot avoid the poppers, the game plays much better for me. Especially during a multi ball when the balls constantly get stuck in the poppers, just to drizzle out and go down the middle. By avoiding the poppers, the ball has more speed through the exit near the well walker, and far less drains. It is super frustrating to get a prison MB and have 2-3 of them stuck in the poppers, just to find them drain one by one as they come down. This helps it tremendously and should have been designed that way IMO.

You need to consider the benefits of extra balls in the pops when you are in a mode like WWMB or Riot, where hits to any switch are building your jackpot and mode shot values. Great way to build up big points! Its the center drain from a weak roll out that is the defect, and not the send in to the pops from the Barn shot. My opinion, take it for what its worth. (Not much usually!)

1 week later
#1350 8 years ago

Quick tip for the club. While I really like Titan's Competition Silicone line. Don't use their post rubber on the arena ramp. Its just too damn good at being a post rubber. Nice and fat, super bouncy. But not what I want in a missed shoe over there. Holy s*** its in your face FAST.
Aside from that, Titan Competition Silicone all the way!

2 weeks later
#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there a written rule sheet for TWD Prem/LE?

Right here, my friend!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

Its a community document, so feel free to add if you discover anything new, or you find a mistake.

2 weeks later
#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone changes their LED's( GI, inserts) on their pro to different colors? Looking to do this and hoping people could post some pictures of what they have changed and if they like it better than the stock white colors.
Thanks

I went with Warm Whites in the GI, with some strategically placed Reds and an orange in one spot.

IMG_6765_(resized).JPGIMG_6765_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#2356 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK, so I accidentally walked ( no pun intended) into this club. I picked up a WD pro this weekend at the Ohio show. I have no clue how to play this pin. Can I get the cliff notes on this game? ......Please

Thanks to Chuck for the Cliff's Notes.
Full Game Rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

#2414 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I too finally got to Horde tonight for the first time after owning my TWDLE for about 5 months. Just another reason to love this pin. Love the shaker going off like a pulse....gets the blood rushing!!! Only problem is, I have no idea how the hell I got there. Guess I'm gonna have to watch the PAPA vid now!!! Didn't get any extra balls out of it.....and landed on Horde after ball 2. Still came close to 600 million. I'm happy with that!!

Horde_Score_(resized).JPG

Light all multikills, then shoot Woodbury and you're into Horde. Thats all, simple right?

1 month later
#2761 7 years ago

A death save on my TWD is perfectly acceptable to me. (Ive got felt sliders under the feet, so even a medium nudge will move it a little)

1 week later
#2837 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a good rules sheet for current code?
I think I'm catching on to a lot of what's going on with the code...but there's still quite a few scoring mysteries for me

Here you go!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit?usp=drive_web

#2885 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

To address questions about Well-Walker multiball - this multiball mode is pure frenzy style. Hit x switches and light the Well for a jackpot. As you continue to hit switches the value of the jackpot builds. Once you hit the well and collect the jackpot, you will start building again towards the next letter, and each letter requires more hits than the previous to become lit. After collecting three letters you earn your multi-kill, after collecting four letters you get the super-jackpot (not sure how the value compares) and you will have CDC and Arena ramps lit (green arrows on Premium machines) for victory laps. If you drain out of well multiball without collecting the super, your progress with letters carries over to your next well multiball.
Overall it's not particularly high scoring, but you end up moving forward on it pretty much no matter what you do, so you might as well mash those drop targets to get modes/blood bath going.

You can have some decent scoring in it by collecting some food drops prior to starting Well Walker. They increase the amount of points you get per hit on the walker while the mode is going. I don't remember exactly how it works, maybe I'll go glass off tonight and clean up that section of the rules.

#2893 7 years ago

So I just made an update to the rules sheet today after spending a little glass off time playing with Well Walker multiball. I've discovered the following:
During Well Walker Multiball, each switch hit awards 25k points. If “FOOD” has been collected, a hit to the Well Walker will award 300,000 (Plus 10k for each additional collection of “FOOD”) points to the score, and to the building jackpot value.

With 2 balls going, and a food already collected, you should be able to get your WW MB to perform better points wise. Unfortunately it looks like the x multipliers don't affect the Food points added on a WW hit, though. Just something to condsider setting up before starting up WW, so its not just a wasted multiball.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#

1 week later
#2927 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Great pin no doubt... but lets be honest- very highly flawed: too much right flipper....too many drains (and/or tilt warnings) on successful shots. Too many hardware tweaks potentially required. Outlane adjustments dont do much to make it more enjoyable for newbs and novices. Code not 100% finished. Horde light, woodbury multikill? Wizard too hard for non professional. Kills during horde should count?
It's tied #4 for me despite the flaws. Plusses that compensate: layout (double edged sword), intensity, multipliers, several multiballs, appearance, atmosphere, generally achievable mini wizard, both pro and full game are good in diff ways

Not sure what you mean by Horde light and Woodbury multikill? I'm definitely not a professional, and I have been to Horde and Terminus on several occaisions.

1 month later
#3090 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I literally played this pin for over a year straight when i first got it to the exclusion of everything else. It took me a LONG time to master it!
I really suck by comparison on every other pin I own or play.
I also got masterful on multiball scoring and stacking with this pin, I suck on everything else.
Now I haven't waxed this thing in quite a while so the outlane drains have calmed down a ton since day one. Having a very subtle nudging feel on this game is big too. After playing it enough, like a golf course, you know where the ball is going off of any shot!

I just sold my PoTC at Pietistic for the same reason. I never played it. Its a fantastic game with great fun shots, cool audio and light show, but compared to TWD, I just wasn't motivated to play it. TWD on the other hand constantly mocks me, challenging me to just one more. You know you want to.

1 week later
#3126 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Na to extreme for me lol ... maybe ill add a extra ball or something and take it from there

I've set mine for extra balls at 150,300,450 million and found it to be a nice reward for playing well, and helping me get a little deeper into the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e4mafia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=e4mafia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.