Topic Stats

• 8,289 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,405 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So my TWD LE didn't have the plexi glass protector on the entrance of bicycle girl ramp, and after a few calls to Sterns in attempt to purchase one with no avail I decided to make one of my own and in addition dress it up a bit like when she was crawling thru the field. It's cut from 1/8 plexi backed with Gorilla Tape to hopefully alleviate the issues of them cracking from the ball smashing into them. Thus far it's still good so I should be adding lights to it shortly, and believe it or not there is no view obstruction of the ramp or BG head beneath the ramp.

P1010029_(resized).JPG

Very nice mod! I'd ask if you are going to make them, but I'm sure that it would be time intensive and price prohibitive. I hope that the ball doesn't hit it too often. Great work!

1 week later
#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

:

Me too. Just mailed my check for a premium. Can't wait. Any idea when Stern is going to start shipping these again?

Their official target date is "eventually".

#1370 3 years ago

OK. I’m in!
I just ordered my TWD Premium from J.J. at Games Exchange. Super nice guy!
I have two questions: I see that there are two crossbow mods available – one from MezelMods and another. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these are better? I’m inclined to buy the MezelMods one just because I’ve had great experiences with him in the past.
Also, What the heck are these “Walker Bombs” I keep seeing in the discussion and how are they used?
Thanks in advance. I can’t wait!

#1489 3 years ago

Ok. Please help me out here.
I've got my Premium on order - (they could be building it right now!) but I still don't know what "Walker Bombs" are and how/when they are used.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Bombs are similar to VIP Pass in AC/DC, you gain them from the drop down bank targets and you can use them if you need one item to complete (ie. if you drain a ball and have one shot left for prison multi-ball, use bomb and it will start multiball).

Thanks!

1 week later
#1595 3 years ago

I've ordered my TWD Premium - I can't wait! I sold my IM VE to get this and I'm going crazy buying mods and protectors while waiting. I really don't like the Stern topper - or the price, so I decided to make my own. Being a long-time martial artist, I had all of the needed materials on hand already. Either way, anyone could put one of these together for MUCH less than a Stern topper. (The picture has it on my ST 'cause my TWD isn't here yet. The waiting is killing me!)
image_(resized).jpeg

#1612 3 years ago

Any clues as to when Stern will be making the batch of TWDs that they've been promising?

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I know it's a bad pic, but somebody forgot to wire the last two on my pro.

20160214_133316[1]_(resized).jpg

Call Stern and send that picture to them after discussing. They'll make it right. Obvious factory defect.

1 week later
#1876 3 years ago

So my TWD LE didn't have the plexi glass protector on the entrance of bicycle girl ramp, and after a few calls to Sterns in attempt to purchase one with no avail I decided to make one of my own and in addition dress it up a bit like when she was crawling thru the field. It's cut from 1/8 plexi backed with Gorilla Tape to hopefully alleviate the issues of them cracking from the ball smashing into them. Thus far it's still good so I should be adding lights to it shortly, and believe it or not there is no view obstruction of the ramp or BG head beneath the ramp.

P1010029_(resized).JPG

How is this mod holding up? Have any airballs hit it? I just got my figure used on Ebay for a reasonable price and will be following your creative lead. But I'd like to know if it's in a vulnerable position - if so I'll reinforce it or shield it.

#1881 3 years ago

Thus far I had zero issues with it, I also installed the cliffy drop ramp protector and removed the stern foam fix which makes the ramp sit flush now so air balls just about never happen there now.

Thanks. Hopefully my premium will come soon. I've got the Cliffys and many other mods to install as well. The waiting is killing me!

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

So, as far as must-have non-aesthetic mods go, I'm reading the Cliffy is the only mod truly needed? Also, are leg protectors are pre-installed on premium and LE versions?

I'd also say that a shaker is a must-have. Stern includes the code and it enhances the game tremendously. And of course the Polk PSW10 sub woofer. Shotgun blasts and other sounds really come alive with one.

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, screw waiting until the weekend...I went and got it tonight!!!!
Setup this weekend .
20160225_231532_(resized).jpg

I'm stoked to see that they are finally being released into the wild! Hope I get mine soon!

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Right, ordered some different ones since those ones were too thick, old bally style, kind of a blood red colour though, love it! Pics soon...
What would be perfect would be these 20-10110-4B made for bsd, too bad they have the w logo..
DSC_000210_(resized).jpg

A little sandpaper and some skull flipper stickers would fix that right up!

#1987 3 years ago

My premium is shipping today! Woo-hoo!

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Thanks for the feedback! I've been using Cliffys carbon fiber magnet rings with great results, but wasn't sure if they were needed for TWD considering the new magnet design. It sounds like they're not.
Just to be sure before I send them back, has anyone seen or even heard of playfield wear around the TWD magnets?

I had them on my IMVE and the biggest thing I noticed was that they shedded lots of carbon-fiber dust. I kinda felt that this was akin to sprinkling fine sand on my playfield. I won't be putting them on my TWD. Just my opinion. I'm very happy with all of the other Cliffy products and recommend them highly.

#2139 3 years ago

Membership dues paid. I'm in baby!
Spent all day yesterday setting it up and fine-tuning it. After leveling it for testing found that the ball wouldn't fit down the left lane to the poppers or the right outlane. Gentle bending of the posts resolved this. Also the launch/crossbow button didn't work. Adjusting the leaf spring A LOT resolved this. Have to wonder how much testing happened. Maybe they were rushing to fill orders after the delay. Then installed shaker, woofer, anti-rattle felt on the speaker panel and translite, speaker plastics, Cliffys, Pinbits protectors, Pinblades and Prison Door top mod. Tonight will be the lollypop rails, B.B. lighting mod, crossbow mod with laser, walker pants and whatever else I've forgotten. Oh yeah a good waxing as well.
This thing plays so much better than the pro in the local arcade. It's almost like a different game. I can't wait to get home!

TWD_in_box_(resized).JPG

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. The best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

This worked for me as well. Great tip!

1 week later
#2208 3 years ago

Got a great score on mine the other day after owning it for a couple of weeks. Set to factory defaults except "special" is set to extra ball and "boost" is off. I found that focusing on the drops, getting a mode running and then using the Tower to multiply the play field combined with the inlane "x"'s can make a huge difference. Been to Hoard several times, Terminus once, but still haven't been anywhere near "Last Man Standing". My highest kill count has been 64. This is gonna be a tough nut to crack! I've added lots of essential mods and one that another Pinsider ("DeathHimself" - post # 1230) suggested earlier in this thread - the McFarlaine "Bicycle Girl" figure above the Bicycle Girl ramp entrance. Love this game!

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is "boost"? Any other tips from people on game settings?

"Boost" raises the bar automatically based on your score. So if it initially awards a replay at 20,000,000 and you consistently score above that, it will raise the needed score ad infinitum. So the better you get, the harder it becomes. I don't like this when I'm new to a game especially one as difficult as this because you don't get much chance to improve if the games are too short. The flippers are about a half inch wider on this game than on my ST and I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains. After I get better at the game I'll usually turn boost back on though.

#2221 3 years ago

Wasn't KPG it was me I forgive ya!!! Looks awesome. I have since added a green led light to highlight her and it looks great.

Doh! Sorry about that! Change made to the original post. Thanks again for the great idea. I agree that she is in a dark hole and hard to see. I was thinking of adding a spotlight to make her more visible. Where did you put your light? (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . .)

#2228 3 years ago

No worries was just having a little fun, glad you liked the idea. Okay what I did was order this select "Pico" super tiny LED in green (or whatever color you wish), selected the voltage of 7-19v AC or DC from the following site. You can also use Nano if you wish, Pico is real tiny.
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/smd-chip-leds.html
I then dremeled a tiny hole just on the inside of her left forearm so the light is totally hidden from view, ran the wires across underneath, used a piece of Gorilla tape or duct tape to hold the wired to the plastic and protect them, then just dropped it under the PF and connect then to which ever you choose, insert GI etc... even a flasher if you wish.
I will make a video if you wish to see it, just need a few days before I can do so. Work is getting in my way of having fun.

I'd love to see a video of your mod. You really think outside the box.
Thanks in advance.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I'm having some crossbow mod issues, anyone else encounter this problem...??
I have a mezelmod crossbow mod (the non laser one) I'd like to put on my premium and most of the time when it is on the launcher, the launcher cannot find home and continues to swing back and forth. I have adjusted it to where it will find home by trying to move the crossbow as far back and right as possible before pressing down on the tape. However when I do get it to work correctly it is only with the glass off.
When I attempt to put the glass on, I have to push the left side of the crossbow down ever so slightly to get it to clear the glass. But after this , the crossbow launcher cannot find home again, I assume because the adjustment to get it to clear the glass misaligns it somehow. But again its a very small push down to clear the glass, surprised if this little nudge misaligns it so much.
Launcher works fine when I take the crossbow off.
Anyone encounter this and is there a fix?

I found that my crossbow was sitting a bit too low when mounted and was hitting the aluminum housing when it returned to the rest position, therefore never returning fully and swinging back and forth again. I resolved this by putting a very thin washer under the crossbow to lift it slightly. The washer was almost paper-thin. This raised it enough to clear and return to the resting point.

#2231 3 years ago

Mine never touched the glass. My original crossbow was a soft plastic - it seemed like it was a 3-d printed piece - which was warped. I contacted Mezelmods (great people!) and they sent me a new one. The new one is a glossy hard plastic which fit well except for needing the washer. You may want to contact them to discuss your issues.

#2235 3 years ago

Nice job. I've always noticed that no two pins are the same. There can be great differences between two pins of the same model due to each being hand made.

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like they accidentally got the connections reversed at the factory. Does a switch test confirm this?

My Premium I got a few weeks ago had several issues that should have been resolved by QA before it got released. I guess that they are rushing these out to make up for the delay we experienced while they sorted the playfield issues.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What playfield issues?

1. Two of the posts above the switches (above the pops) when you launch the ball were too close together so the ball got stuck instead of passing through
2. The post on the right outlane had the same issue - too close to the wall so ball would get stuck
3. The launch/Walker Bomb button on the lockdown bar wouldn't work - had to adjust the leaf switch ALOT to get it to function
4. The adjustable outlane post on the right side was loose - not even finger tight. It wiggled when nudging the pin

All little stuff but really should have been caught before shipping a "Premium" pin that is most likely for HUO. A pro shipped with these issues would be more forgivable in my eyes because the owner would be more likely (than a premium owner) to be putting it on location and therefore be more familiar with fixing stuff like this. But I bet that many wealthy pin buyers who buy premiums and LEs might have less hands-on experience, skill or tolerance for having to fix their brand new expensive toys.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was thinking about why this game is so hard. There are many reasons, but I think the main one is that the most important shot in the game is the 3-target bank. You simply cannot progress through the game without shooting those targets a shitload of times, and it happens to be a dangerous shot with a high likelihood of sending the ball out of control. Couple that with the brutal outlanes and the unpredictable magnets, and you have one of the most difficult games in modern pinball.

Another reason that it's so hard is that the friggin' flippers are about 1/2 inch farther apart than usual. And by usual I mean my ST premium, Spiderman (which has a post) and any other game that I've cared enough about to measure. I've been tempted to get out my rattail file and modify the flipper mounting holes to right this injustice, but my stupid conscience keeps telling me that I would be "cheating". I'd like to at least close the outlanes but for the same reason I leave them set to factory.
But even so. What a super game! On my first day of ownership I hit 550,000,000! And I love the "X Bonus" high score animation during attract mode. A keeper for sure!

#2300 3 years ago

This game has a horde mode? Man my playing must suck.....

Just watch for the red flashing light over the "Woodbury"/Free Ball shot. When it's flashing, Hoard mode is ready. Go for it!

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Back to the BG ramp and air balls......
So, mine does not line up here.
2 different types of screws as seen.
Now, how to remove and then add washer and get screws back in and the whole area is boxed in?
I do not want to attempt this until I am sure others have done it and it works and easy to get screws back in!
Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPG

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. It this part:(http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-21-) This lowers the ramp to the correct height.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any pics?
Thanks

Here ya go!

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
This makes the ball track slightly lower than the top of the ramp on the right side and even with it on the left side.

#2460 3 years ago

Hey Blimpey - Where can I get that apron mod?

#2489 3 years ago

Just had a killer game. Got 820,000,000 on the first ball with killer 137,405,000 Bloodbath, 183,322,530 Hoard, 125,453,720 X Champion and 107,405,000 Terminus. Then had to pause so I could pick up my daughter from her Hapkido class. Got to finish the game 45 minutes later with a final score of 1,056,327,620 all on standard settings and outlines open. Still haven't gotten near Last Man Standing yet. What a freaking awesome game this is!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Great score!!
Now do it again )

No promises.

#2546 3 years ago

I've never gotton a "Crossbow Frenzy" with my Premium, at least as far as I know. It may have happened without my knowing it. I think you have to get 3 successful Xbow shots in a row.

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

How do I grind down the hex post, what tool would a normal non-technical person need?
If I remove the hex spacer, wont the ramp be a little unsupported on that side, if its holding up that side of the ramp?

Just check out this post:

Quoted from crwjumper:

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. It this part:(http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-21-) This lowers the ramp to the correct height.

And then this one:

Quoted from crwjumper:

Here ya go!
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
This makes the ball track slightly lower than the top of the ramp on the right side and even with it on the left side.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the cliffy magnet protectors really necessary? Since this is the latest Premium runs, i seem to read something earlier in this thread that they have made the magnet stuff much better so it wont tear around the magnet.

I don't use them. The new magnet design incorporates a much larger circle of metal around the magnet which protects the wood more effectively. I do use Cliffys on the BG ramp and the shooter lane though. Invaluable there.

#2585 3 years ago

Here is my new topper. A couple of McFarlane kits, 10 "blind" figure packs and lots of assembly time later. Next comes the lighting.

Thanks for the idea Lermods!

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2632 3 years ago

The Hoarde light blinks correctly on my current-version ROM premium.

#2635 3 years ago

It flashes (blindingly) when it's ready to start Hoarde mode with a Woodbury shot.

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

No not just your game. it is surely a bug.
Hoard insert works fine in attract but doesn't light at any time during gameplay, this on an LE. code version is 1.56 but the Cleland audio version. Any chance it works on stock but not on the custom versions?

I'm running the same code with Cleland audio as well. Mine works fine.

#2659 3 years ago

Mine's a Premium and it lights every time. I try to get to Hoard when playing so I've seen it many times. Mine was built in February of this year if that helps.

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

crwumper could you please check the version of code you have loaded, you said latest version, but would be great if you listed the actual version just to be sure. It might help those who don't have horde lighting to get this sorted.

OK. Now I'm confused. I thought that we were referring to the red flasher by the Woodbury shot. That's what I've been talking about all this time. That friggin' thing is so bright that I've never noticed if the "Horde" light was lit during gameplay. I'll have to test it to see.
Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully I'll be able to test tonight, but I'm working late tonight and my wife and daughter get upset if I play too late . . .

#2670 3 years ago

Nope. Hoard light doesn't work on my Premium. Just the red flasher. My bad!

2 weeks later
#2711 3 years ago

Here's mine. I'll be posting one soon with my TWD custom topper which is almost finished.

Pins-TWD_and_ST_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#2743 3 years ago

My custom topper is finally complete. It took lots of time, learning how to solder, and revisions to get it just how I wanted it to be. I used a few McFarlane TWD kits, a bunch of "Blind Bag" figures and some LED lights wired up to simulate a fire in the prison yard and gunfire coming from the prison tower. Includes Carl, Rick, Morgan and Darryl on the tower, and Michonne with her pets, and Walker Merle and Glenn outside the fence. Here is a picture and a couple of videos showing the details and then how it looks "in action" during gameplay. Thanks to Lermods for the original inspiration.

image.jpeg

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Looks amazing. Is the topper lights just on a loop or are they wired to light with specific objects hit. I like this much better then the fishtank. Bravo!

Thanks! I connected them to the red lights inside the prison. They follow the same patterns and I liked how they flickered and faded up and down for the fire effects. And the white one goes off whenever there is a gunshot, which is linked to the white flasher in the prison.

3 weeks later
#2877 3 years ago

Nice. Now order the PDI glass so you can see the playfield again. White = GLARE!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#2933 3 years ago

LE Backglass wanted . . .
Is it even possible to buy an LE backglass for a TWD?

#2939 3 years ago

Nice modding! Love the custom topper and Rick shooting the walker across the p.f. Where did you get the Woodbry sign? I've been looking for one.

#2942 3 years ago

Got a Woodbury sign. Laseriffic has them. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#3042 3 years ago

I have to agree with the above requests to Lyman: PLEASE make the Horde kills to the Walker kill count. It will tie the modes together and make Last Man Standing almost doable for us mere mortals. This would make the game perfect in my humble opinion.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.
My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one!

Looks great!

1 week later
#3208 3 years ago

Met Norman Reedus (Darryl Dixon) at Comicon Tampa today. Really a surprisingly nice guy. Talked pinball with him briefly. Stern gave him a TWD and he said that he plays it a lot. He said that he stays up late at night playing. I know the feeling. He signed my alt. translite "Slay better!".

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#3234 3 years ago

I believe in the browser under sounds if you sort it by duration it is "Script 0x15 (0min00s108ms)". You would need a real fast sound to replace it with.
BTW same location for those with MetLE / Prem as well.

How about a recording of an original knocker? That's fast!

#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Buy your Well Walker a set of pants from Pingraffix:
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54
They look great and you get two pants decals with each order.

These last a LOT longer than the stock sticker.

3 weeks later
#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Mine does this a bit too and simply hitting the flippers doesn't always save it. I hold in one and quickly tap the other...almost like a vibration and that gets the ball excited enough to fling it OTHER than SDTM. It's fun to do when it works... when it doesn't you wonder why the hell it wasn't designed to fling it properly by itself.

I always shake the pin from side to side to get the ball moving and then tap both flippers to make it let go. This always works for me.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Previous LE owner & I'm looking at buying a Pro. I want to hear from people who have played both. Will I miss the that horrible left ramp & crossbow? Lol.
The only thing that I think I would miss is the color changing G.I., which is good, but not Metallica good. Opinions, thanks.

Walker Bombs! These can save balls that are draining to start WW MB or Prison MB as well as drop that last bomb to keep HOARD running.

2 weeks later
#3435 2 years ago

I've got a TWD premium and want to swap out the "Walker" LEDs with a different color LED than white, say green perhaps, to make them stand out. Is there a way to do this? I am uncomfortable with removing the LEDs from the circuit boards. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I only replaced the shooter lane music, and ending sequence music with a dubstep WD remix, everything else is stock. I replaced many of the factory callouts with sound bytes from the show, but left game specific ones alone....Extra Ball, Dead Features Are Lit....etc...
I have some new call outs from this season I'd like to work in once the last code update drops. I believe there will be one more to finish it?

I love your mix. Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Today my prison doors smashed the plastic on the left hand side (continues behind it) of the prison in 2 halves ...
This was during a ball search without a ball in the neighbourhood..
Anyone have a spare they would like to sell me to help me out?

Please post a picture of the part to make sure we know what you are looking for. Thanks!

#3555 2 years ago

If you get the Pinbits protectors you can glue the broken pieces together and then put the protectors on to keep it from breaking again.

2 weeks later
#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

As many as you have bought, sold and traded you sld b a expert by now lol...yes they are available nib still for around 5k delivered or 6700 for a premium delivered.
So a stock huo sld b around 4500-4700

Took me longer to figure out what his abbreviations were about then it took me to read the post. It didn't make sense until I took the time to figure it out. I'll just skip it next time.

2 weeks later
#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone found some replica rr tracks I have seen on other threads? Back alley are very nice but wanted to see if anyone made their own....

I got these at a hobby shop for $15. I was getting way too many air balls hopping off of that ramp.

IMG_0050 (resized).JPG

#3713 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Since i bought twd premium NIB in april, I have had an issue coming and going; When the ball drains, the game wont register it until I give it a real good shake/shove. I went into test mode and active switch test when it occured some times, and it seems that the vuk opto did not close even though the ball was breaking the opto. I talked to my distributor, and stern sent me a new pair of opto boards. This had been a problem on some previous batches of TWD, but shouldnt be on this.
anyways, I replaced the boards, but since then it is still coming and going. Have anyone experienced the same issue, and found a solution?

I've started seeing this recently as well. Anyone have a definitive answer?

#3783 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What's considered a good X champion shot? I got a crossbow worth 49M and fishtank for 770,000 somehow. Rules are vague but are starting to make sense. Tons going on in this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-show-your-x-champion-scroll-down

#3787 2 years ago

Got a new G.C. Tonight. 1,699,054,490. Also got a new high "X Champion" score. Love the "X Champion" score scroll!

IMG_0055 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#3872 2 years ago

I just had another "Killer" game on my premium. Finished Terminus and "Last Man Standing" and got "Hoarde" as well. I scored 368,875,000 on one shot with double playfield lit and running through the lighted "X" on the inlane before making the shot (Check out the "X Champion" video). I've also included a video of the "reward" video for completing "Last Man Standing". It's pretty funny! (You get 100,000,000 points for completing LMS)
But I STILL haven't gotten to Siege . . .
Enjoy the videos!

3 weeks later
#4004 2 years ago

So I've posted pics of my interactive TWD topper before, but it's changed significantly since then. It's finished now, so I figured I'd post pictures of the completed product. And I've included a link to a quick video of it in action (In it's older unfinished state). Enjoy!

IMG_2662 (resized).JPG

IMG_2663 (resized).JPG

IMG_2664 (resized).JPG

IMG_2667 (resized).JPG

IMG_2675 (resized).JPG

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great, I did something similar...
» YouTube video

Yours was my inspiration!

#4008 2 years ago

Thanks for the tip.
My Tower liked to come unglued and almost toppled pointy-side first onto the glass a couple of times. I had to use J.B. Weld to hold it in place for those violent nudging games and also put some rare-earth magnets on top of the base to help the whole thing stick to the head better. It seems to be a lot more stable now.

#4009 2 years ago

If you look closely at the backglass, you can just make out where Norman Reedus signed it at the bottom. His handwriting is just about impossible to read. It says "Slay better! Norman Reedus"

IMG_2679 (resized).JPG

#4011 2 years ago

I can't remember their name, but I think that they are in the U.K. Do you have an L.E?

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ministry of pinball has them

That's it!

#4014 2 years ago

I'd be willing to trade my Norman Reedus signed alt translite for an LE backglass. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

4 weeks later
#4204 2 years ago

Installed my ColorDMD in my TWD Premium and my MET Pro last night. They are both great, but for TWD all I can say is wow. I've done many mods to this pin and by far this is one of the best. I have and have seen ColorDMDs in other pins before but this one is stunning. Well worth the money.

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did you purchase the LCD or LED? Also curious if it mounts flush or not?

I purchased the LCD. The quality is top notch, there have been some discussions on the LED from those who don't think that it is as nice as the LCD, and it was in stock. It does not mount flush, but it's the same as has been used by ColorDMD for quite some time so it works well as mounted.

2 weeks later
#4282 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks! I always have leaned towards the LCD. My only issue has been that they dont mount flush. Can you tell me how much of a gap is there? Is it noticeable from straight on or at angles?

You can't see the gap from straight on. I installed some foam weatherstripping from a Home Depot around the perimeter just because I'm picky.

#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought my Pro before the Premium was announced, but have always preferred the look of the premium's art package.
Ever wondered what a Premium translite looks like in a Pro? Well, now you know (no snickering at my score, you bastards. I just changed to the NIN/Radiohead R-rated Negan code over the weekend):

I personally think it looks cooler, but I'm tempted to swap the t-molding to black (I have some on hand).
Thoughts?

Looks great!

2 months later
#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I looked in the key posts for this owners club but didn't see one on the left ramp adjustments. So far the things I remembered are shorter hex post and ramp flap extender. Is there anything else to make a smoother left ramp? I've had my premium for about a week now and really enjoying it. The bicyble girl light from Gnassel is a must.

Those two should do it all.

2 weeks later
#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Just wanted to know what to do in the horde mode? And Can this mode be completed?
Is there something else after?
Thanks

Just keep shooting the red lit shots. If you look at the DMD you'll see which walkers are closest to biting you - shoot them first to avoid getting bit. After you complete a "round" it will serve up more balls and then restart the walker count down to 0. There is no end to this mode unless you take too long to kill a walker, - you get "bit", your flippers die, the ball will drain and you will get to relaunch the ball you were currently playing. Each time you complete a round you will have to kill a larger amount of walkers to complete the round. It kind of sucks that the kills don't count toward your total walker kills though.

1 month later
#4995 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For those that have made it to siege, I'm wondering how close I'm getting. At least 3 times now I get to the point in prison multiball where Rock says "the prison is ours" (clelands) and the only shots lit are the CDC and arena ramps. I can't make either shot to save myself, very frustrating. I chalk it up to nerves. Do I just need to make those last 2 shots?

By default I believe t takes 12 jackpots (Blue shots) to start siege. I find it almost impossible unless it's my primary focus/goal.

2 months later
#5213 1 year ago

I also added the McFarlane's Bicycle Girl to my Premium. Put her above the moving ramp.

Bicycle Girl 2 (resized).jpg

#5215 1 year ago

Actually I realized that that picture was somebody else's version of the mod. I didn't move any lights but I added Gnassel's B.G. light below. Here's a zoomed out pic of the my B.G. ramp with my version of the mod.

Bicycle Girl (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5255 1 year ago

Try pinballcards.com. LOTSof free cards. Don’t forget to make a donation if you like what you get.

1 month later
#5395 1 year ago

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel. If you are patient this will pay off and make the shaker a must-have.

#5400 1 year ago

Fantastic painting if that’s what it is. Or is it a photo manipulation? Either way I love it!

1 week later
#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So you were able to install the code file ending on LE on your Premium?
I tried 3 times tonight, using two different USB sticks...no luck.
Used one of the two to update code on a Kiss LE, worked fine and hence should be a bad stick.

The code for the Premium that I downloaded was named “TWD160LE_bin”. I had to rename the file to remove the underscore and replace it with a period so it was called “TWD160LE.bin”. It worked correctly after that.

#5517 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I downloaded the code labeled premium for my premium. The le was a separate download.

I did too. Look at the name of the file.

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

So close to being finished and should be done late tonight. Will load it on my premium in the morning and have a few plays and then post the code for all. I will also send to RandomKg for his music additions for those that like the NIN/Radiohead mix. Thanks to all for your patience and support, I love that I can contribute to this awesome game!

Thanks again Cleland for supporting us. I think that some of us would like to support you.
What is your PayPal connected email address?

#5541 1 year ago

Whenever the ball stops on the prison magnet I just start shaking the pin slightly from side to side so that when it lets the ball go it usually diverts to one side or the other. Then I double-flip to prompt the release. I call it "nudging".

1 week later
#5631 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone getting and issue on the pro when you turn the machine on and the volume is set at the highest level?
Neil.

If you just updated the code, it resets all of your settings and you'll have to adjust to your preferences again.

1 week later
#5692 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it’s might make it shake for a longer duration rather than more frequent, not sure though. The shaker was about to shake my GB cabinet apart though and I put it on moderate use instead of maximum and it seems much less violent now. I just tried this myself to make sure that I wasn’t imagining things. First of all the default is set to Maximum for the factory default on my GB so chances are TWD is also, but I had set mine to moderate because it was shaking the game too much when it went in to storage facility multiball. I just set it back to maximum use and went into storage facility multiball and I swear it damn near shakes my game apart. I don’t know if it shakes longer, harder, or whatever but the difference is huge and my game wouldn’t last no time if I leave it on Maximum use.
My TWD is set on Maximum use and it’s just fine so no need to dial it back, but it could be a possibility that his is not on Maximum, it’s worth a look at least. I have the Pinball Life shakers by the way. If his game is already on Maximum use then I’m not sure what is wrong because my TWD shakes plenty hard enough. Hope this helps.

Just swap the shakers between GB and TWD.

#5728 1 year ago
Quoted from thall17:

Is there a mod to prevent the ball from flying off the right ramp?

What I did:

F8B7E08E-0EA4-4019-B8B2-20A47C795CDC (resized).jpeg

#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If I hit the right ramp heavy it will fly off by on the left side over the little hump, never upon entry, Anyone have that?

See my post above #5728.

1 week later
#5797 1 year ago

As far as I know Stern never extended the BG ramp from the original design. I bought the aftermarket extender from a gentleman on this thread and although expensive it is well worth it. Makes the game WAY smoother to play on the Premium (and LE I'm sure).

2 weeks later
#5878 1 year ago

Another technique I use on TWD is to relax a little - let the ball bounce off of the flippers while they are down to slow it down, and then “catch” it on the right flipper, and then drop the flipper to let it start rolling and then aim at the targets and shoot. This has made a world of difference on this game and has helped me to improve on other games as well.
To see good demonstrations of this technique, watch Bowen Kerins’ (PAPA) tutorials on YouTube. He has made one for TWD and even he has a tough time on this pin.

1 month later
#6044 1 year ago

And the McFarlane mini fig sets can be put together to make a pretty neat topper.

Topper 3 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#6380 1 year ago
Quoted from Knoler:

I regularly get airballs if I combo tunnel into arena on the fly; the ball will fly right off the arena ramp. If there’s a fix for that, I’m all ears!

I got this at a hobby shop for $15. I was getting way too many air balls hopping off of that ramp.

Train Tracks (resized).jpg

#6387 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That looks good. Its functional AND cool. Do you recall who makes this track or have a model number for it? I assume its HO size.

I don't know. I just went to the hobby shop and picked up a piece of track that looked like it would fit on a ramp. Not a train hobbyist - sorry!
BTW: If you get one - I just used some very thin but strong wire looped underneath the ramp and then fastened to the railroad ties to fasten it to the ramp.

1 month later
#6649 1 year ago

How about this from Pingravings.com? These are wood!

Capture (resized).JPG
#6652 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I like them, what did they cost?

He charges $44 shipped. They look great!

2 months later
#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why is the blood dripping sideways?

Because the head was folded down when the bloody hand grabbed it

1 month later
4 months later
#7544 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
[quoted image]

The hardest thing about LMS is that after you reach the 115 walker count, you then have to hit another 115 walkers to complete the mode!

#7550 7 months ago

Slay better!
(I got Norman Reedus - Daryl - to sign my translight and he added this)

1 month later
#7737 5 months ago

Check out this t-shirt:
https://www.rageon.com/products/pinball-zombie
(I'm not affiliated to the company - just saw it and thought I'd post it. They have several pinball shirts).

Capture (resized).JPG
1 month later
#7818 4 months ago

Love the X Champion scroll.

3 weeks later
#7887 3 months ago

I love it and would be in for 1. I think that the artwork is inspired.

1 month later
#8019 68 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally joining the club, w a nice LE on the way!!! Have the fishtank topper and colordmd on order, along w PDI and lit shooter rod (put on all my games).
Is there a post w recommended mods? Can't wait to finally have one in my lineup, where I can dive in, and let the bloodbath begin!!! Thanks...mark
(it shall live between my AlienLE and BSD for horror alley...)

Got to get the Bicycle girl light. Should have been stock from the factory.

#8023 68 days ago

Also there is an extension to the Bicycle Girl ramp that makes it about 100 % smoother to shoot. Don't remember who makes that one though.

3 weeks later
#8135 47 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man....how much do I love this game!!!! Enjoyed in the wild, a new level of fun at home....can't stop playing this one currently...
Question - any of the crossbow mods w laser worth it, or just learn to play better? Worry about a 3d printed item getting exposed on this game, for sure...thanks!!!

I have the crossbow with the laser and the laser isn't very helpful. The crossbow looks great though!

1 month later
#8262 10 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For these, do you wrap it around the bulb?

No, tape it to the underside of the playfield covering the insert.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charlton, MA
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH
$ 26.95
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crwjumper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside