Topic Stats

• 8,620 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#726 4 years ago

Ordered my Premium a couple of weeks go. But down here we have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...

Can't wait!

What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.

Many people got the Stern armour and printed inside blades? Worth getting? Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

#769 4 years ago

Ordered my BG light mod from Gnassel yesterday. Seems like a nice guy and very helpful. Will most likely arrive before my TWD does.

Will definitely go with shaker and probably pdi glass.

What about the Stern splatter armor? How does it look in person?

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I've got PDI, shaker and think both are must haves. I also happen to think the bloody armor on the LE is a must have (but my entire game room is color themed to black and red). The BG light is probably the best bang for the buck as far as mods go too. Huge difference and not too pricey.
LE514Spend.jpg
Never noticed how washed out the picture is, but the bloody armor really looks great on the LE.

That looks fantastic - didnt realise the Stern splatter armour had bloody hand prints as if someone had just killed a Zombie near the game and thought, "Heard the code on this was good, might have a game or 2."

#810 4 years ago

Whats the best powder coat colour for Premium side rails/lockdown bar? Ive seen the green on Refinery's edition and not so keen on that. Any other ideas?

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

With the green art on the premium green has to be the best choice. Otherwise black maby.
I would like to do my pro in red.
On a premium red and green would make me think of Christmass to me.
The bloody armor from stern might be a good choice also.

Maybe a deep red/burgundy might be good, but yeh, Stern Armour would probably look best. It's really expensive down here though. I think around $500AUD.

1 week later
#925 4 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I had an extra cheap drain fix kit from IM and used that on the exit out of the pop bumpers, works like a charm. Wife played and complained right away, it's tolerable from the factory, but a lot more fun with the fix I've got a picture of the old vs new, best 75 cents i've spent, not sure if I should just use those one the lowers of BG ramp..

Great fix. Is this what everyone else is using to stop SDTM from the pops?

1 month later
#1068 3 years ago

Does the Premium come with a shaker ex Stern?

#1076 3 years ago

#1078 3 years ago

Just got my Premium over the weekend.

This game is f****n' awesome.

#1079 3 years ago

Installed both the yoyokopter crossbow mod, and the gnassel BG girl mod. Both are fantastic and look stock. Im normally not a "modder", but these 2 are essential. My 14 Yo son hates any mods on games because it's "not original", so I didnt tell him that I installed them on this. His first comment was how cool the Crossbow is.

The BG Light is amazing - there is so much detail on that head I cant believe stern didnt light it ex factory. Also love the details, such as the flickering light.

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Received my premium this weekend and wow its amazing ... and dam difficult especially after I waxed it lol. Whats odd is the play field was made in 2014 and date on cab is dec 4 2014 which is crazy ? They had it for a year ?

Same here, build date 15th December 2014!

#1092 3 years ago

Even at this early stage I can see the design flaws everyone complains about. The BG ramp, excessive pop time, random exits from pops, zombie head hits not always registering. But I think it's these things that will make the game a keeper. The design is unique. The shots feel completely different to almost anything else. And it's hard. But when you do nail the tower shot or get a blinding fast railroad loop through the pops, it is so satisfying. I don't think quirky is the right word, but it's so different yet feels so right.

Combine this with fantastic dots, and lighting and sound (except the callouts) better than I've seen on any other Sterns and it's a classic. Josh Sharpe was talking about how feedback sounds can make a game on a C2C interview. This game is the perfect example of how to do it. Like clearing the Prison Yard and the rifle shots with each successful hit.

And to top it off a unique and complicated rule set that will take years to master (for me anyway).

I get it was not intentional, but it's the physical design "mistakes" that make me feel like I really am in this dysfunctional post apocalyptic world when I play. Just when you think you are in control, one mistimed shot or random airball or incomplete ramp shot and it's all over.

Start again.

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

All those "design flaws" can easily be overcome with the exception of the left arm of the ww blocking a couple inserts. That - you have to remember to peer around him and keep track. It's just part of the pin's charm.
In a home environment it's what you do. You fiddle. Read the mod threads, it's all there. If you don't address those things your missing out on a nice pin being a greater experience.
Feedback sounds - good point. So much of this pin I take for granted when it's really little details that are there but you get use to them. After playing other pins you notice and you realize you've been spoiled, for lack of a better term.

Spent yesterday fine tuning some things.

* Put a couple of small spring washers under the BG ramp where it's screwed on to the lifter arm. Completely eliminated the "ridge" between the flap and the ramp. Ramp is super smooth now, and no more air balls or rejections. Even though I have the Cliffy under the bottom of the flap, I left the rubber pads on as it makes the ramp entrance a little less steep (I had originally taken them off as they were not needed with the Cliffy, but it's much better with them on).
* Removed the Cliffy carbon magnet protector from the Prison magnet. It's just a little bit too thick and was causing the ball to jump very slightly. But this was enough to make the Prison Door opto's not register. Once I removed it, 100% register. Left the magnet a little above the PF, and installed a piece of mylar that goes around the magnet and up to the Prison door. Left Cliffy on Well Walker as it wasn't affecting gameplay at all (and I think it's a high wear area).
* Levelled perfectly, and made it less steep. When I first set it up, I hadn't had time to check the steepness. Once I checked it found out it was 7.8! Far to steep (made for intense gameplay however). Took it down to 7 deg. Much better.

Wow.....this game is getting better every day. Have played nothing else since getting it. Will update to one of the "custom" codes next, but have to admit, the stock callouts and sound are not as bad as I remember from launch.

250M is my best so far - intense game. That was mostly from one ball.

1 month later
#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have two questions: I see that there are two crossbow mods available – one from MezelMods and another. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these are better? I’m inclined to buy the MezelMods one just because I’ve had great experiences with him in the past.

Congrats - you're going to love it.

Ive got yoyokopter xbow installed and very happy with it. I wasn't sure about the laser before I got it, but once it;s installed its cool. Easy to fit and looks 100% stock.

Cant speak for MezelMods (except that it's more local to you - YOYO's comes from Europe).

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

However, IMO, I think the Pro version is better than the Premium. The crossbow seems to be more gimmicky than anything else. The extra features of the Premium/LE don't seem to add very much more to the gameplay.

I disagree - for better or worse, the Premium has a number of features that all together add a lot to the gameplay:

* Bicycle Girl
* Crossbow (I actually like the crossbow, not sure why everyone is so negative on it)
* Well walker magnet (not a huge deal, but definitely makes the shot more risky and ads another random element)
* Walker Bombs

Nothing wrong with the Pro, but the Premium as a whole package is so much more.

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I joined the club today! I picked up this Premium off a fellow pinsider and am loving it so far.

When I see pictures of TWD on Pinside, I cant wait to get home and play. No other game has that effect on me.

Every time I play it, Im fighting it - like I'm in the Walking Dead world.

It's brutal, but in a good, one more game way. Like you lose the ball and you think 'Yeh, I deserved that, but F**k you. Next time youre going down."

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont leave out the awesome lightshow with the dual gi. Also the Well walker magnet is dangerous but it also helps sometimes especially when it catches the ball and drops it nicely to the flipper for control. I also really love the crossbow.

Yeh, the lights are awesome.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I could tell my nudging and ball control had gone WAY up due to TWD. I almost....almost thought BSD was easy after TWD.

100% agree. My defensive skills have definitely improved - other games that I previously thought of as brutal seem much easier.

1 week later
#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Iceman44
Here is a short Youtube video of my son playing TWD with the ColorDMD set to red showing some of the animations. Please take note that I needed an adapter kit to finish off the install which of course I didn't know so I don't have it yet but it's on the way from Randy, the screen is just resting behind the speaker panel and does not have the clear shield in front of it and it's a little crooked. In addition if you see the reds going bright and back to red again, that's the camera adjusting the light metering from all the flashes going off, not the display.
Oh and it set to 5 balls (go ahead flame away), yeah we suck as the scores will show but need to learn the machine and ball time will help us.

» YouTube video

Looks really good. I had decided against a colourdmd for TWD because the red suits the theme and I generally prefer the dots to the smoothing of colourdmd, but the dots look made for "smoothing" on this.

What other colours look good? Guessing white would look good.

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Here's a quick finnincky/stacking question for you TWD experts out there:
Let's say I have a dead feature running and I keep knocking down drops during the mode...If I knock down two more sets while the mode is running, can I start the next dead feature concurrently with the current one? If not, will the next dead mode at least be lit once I finish the current one? I'm usually too busy paying attention to playing the mode to notice how this works exactly...

Last night had my first dead feature for the game going and multiball. During the dead feature (riot I think) I dropped at least 2 more banks of drops. No more dead features started, but when I'd finished riot, blood bath was lit. So it had counted the drops towards blood bath, but not started any more dead features.

I'm not 100% sure what the rules are though - was a bit of a blur.

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

completing drops adds time to the mode (dead feature) so you can collect a lot of millions.

Didn't know that - Good to know.

#1693 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that you can't collect an extra ball once you start Prison Multiballl?

#1747 3 years ago

Every time I play, I'm fighting the game. Which I love.

I find it's a game you have to constantly nudge - every time the ball is in the slings, every time it even goes close to the outlanes, every exit from Bicycle Girl. There is no relaxing, cruisey game time here. The minute you lose concentration and relax you're at risk.

It's been said before, but exactly like the TWD world.

#1787 3 years ago

If there's any game that should have had a gun shooter (like IJ / Shadow) it's TWD.

#1823 3 years ago

Can also vouch for Gnassel's BG light.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just ordered one. I suppose I need a cliffy for my game as well and pdi glass.

Yep

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Regarding the Premiums coming out of the factory now, does the BG ramp still bite into the playfield? Is the Cliffy still needed?

Comes with foam pads and Mylar ex factory now.

I originally took the pads off because I had a cliffy installed, but found it made the flap entrance too steep. Was getting a few rejections. Put the foam back on and bg ramp is now smooth.

Also put some washers under the top of the flap (at the hinge) to smooth it out.

#1842 3 years ago

Did some tweaking of the barn zombie head and have got it perfectly registering hits now.

The issues I found were:

- the spring was too tight pulling the base lever away from the switch and requiring a hard and perfectly placed hit. I stretched the spring allowing the lever to rest on the switch. This was probably the most effective and easy fix - try this first before the ones below.

- the zombie head had too much side to side movement. If hit on the side, the base lever would also move to the side this not hitting the switch properly. I removed the head and put a washer either side of the head (photo shows 3 washers on one side which was too many - only needed one on each side).

- bent the lever under the zombie head a little towards the switch.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And addicting...it's my 4th one in a year ): ... ACDC LED Pro --> IMVE --> TWD Pro --> TWD Prem
I have a problem >___< !!

You really have a serious problem when you swap a TWD pro nib for a TWD pre nib. You pretend it's for the walker bombs, the cross bow, the BG and the lighting. But in reality it's because you need a fix of that NIB smell......

#1914 3 years ago

So close.....axe was flashing. Would have been my first time to Horde. Got the first 5 weapons in a single multi-kill shot worth 62m! Ended with 293m.

This game is freakin' awesome. The rush after that game was huge. Dont get that from any other game.....only Metallica comes close.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also how do you get the weapons?

Quoted from rai:

how do the bombs work?

Take a look at this...pretty much covers it all.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm really contemplating PDI glass for my TWD - please tell me how you like it when you get a chance to install !

PDI is a must on TWD - especially with the light show. And because the GI is fairly dark, it really looks like there is no glass.

Only downside is the white writing on the Premium backglass. There is still a small amount of reflection on PDI, but significantly less than regular glass.

And KPG, your avatar...

dirty-tall-weeds_(resized).jpg

#2017 3 years ago

I was getting airballs as well. I took the foam pads off but made it worse because the flap part of the ramp got steeper which caused the airballs and reduce the smoothness.

I worked out that the top end of the flap and the main ramp were not well aligned. The ridge was causing the airballs. So I unscrewed the top of the flap from the hinge and put 2 small spring washers under it (in between the flap and the hinge) and re-attached. Now the top of the flap is more or less aligned with the main ramp.

I also put the foam back on at the bottom so the flap was not too steep. Smooth as butter now. I'll see if I can find the size spring washer I used and post a photo.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Quick rules question for you guys:
It seems to me that my "X" multiplier shot doesn't always activate when the ball passes through the inlane. Does the "x" shot only trigger if you have some kind of dead feature or mulitball active for it to reasonably multiply? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how to optimize the "x" ever since I got "X" champion for about 50M without having any clue when/how it happened.

X feature Multiplies the next shot immediately after being activated by the lit x inlane. (I'm assuming shot means the next switch activated). The multiple of x increases (2x, 3x, 4x etc) for every 2 regular walker kills/shots (first 2 kills makes 2x, then every 2 kills adds 1x) until it is cashed in. Then it returns back to 2x once cashed in. So ideally, you want to build up x and save it until you have a big shot (jackpot, multikill, or dead feature for example).

The 2x playfield (tower shot) also multiplies the x value. So if you had 5x on x and 2x playfield also running, you would get a huge 10x!

Most likely you cashed in a larger x value to get your x champion shot.

#2078 3 years ago

What's the best tower mod to get?

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, that adds to this game big time - some insane multiplier combos.
How do you get the 2 times p/f multiplier ? I see it come on but no idea how I get it!
And when lit, do you hit it first and then collect lane multiplier and then go for Barn or whatever you have?

Hit both the stand up targets on either side of the barn doors to light the tower shot, then hitting the tower shot (behind the barn) starts 2x playfield. If you light tower shot, then hit the 2 standups again before starting 2x, it extends the 2x playfield timer by 10sec.

Need to have 2x going before you cash in the x lane multiplier (to get the 2x the x multiplier eg 2x 5x = 10x)

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

can anyone point me in the direction of any threads that discuss tweaking the leaf switch on the prison zombie?
mine is currently working but not as sensitive as I would like.
I took out the leaf switch that is triggered to the bottom part of the zombie head. as the head moves backward from the ball hit, the piece underneath strikes the leaf switch, triggering the hit.
I noticed after tweaking the switch leafs nearly touching, that they moved slightly while tightening them to the mechanism.
(I removed the switch from the assembly as i couldn't get at it when its attached.)
Wondering if anyone can weigh in on this.
Did you have the front leaf touching the trigger, or leave a bit of space?
Did you leave extra space to account for the movement when tightening them back in?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Took a long time to get my Prison Zombie to register well, but I got there in the end - turned out it wasnt really the switch, but the spring and the side to side movement of the head that were causing the problems. Made a post a while ago - will go and find it.

Edit: Here it is:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=cooked71#post-2984647

I would start with the spring first and see if that helps, then do the washers to stop the side to side, and bend the metal bit last (while your doing the head). If the spring does it, then you might not need to do the washers. The washers are a bit of a pain as you need to access the head from the top of the pf through the prison and also the bottom of the PF.

1 week later
#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I want to see how that looks on Horde....
Had this happen lastnight:
20160323_070133_(resized).jpg
Three prison MBs, two bloodbaths, and I think 3 WW MBs. Got to Terminus finally as well as Horde. Man, what a game. GB Prem and this are going to get along REALLY well.....

Crazy score.....factory settings?

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

"Boost" raises the bar automatically based on your score. So if it initially awards a replay at 20,000,000 and you consistently score above that, it will raise the needed score ad infinitum. So the better you get, the harder it becomes. I don't like this when I'm new to a game especially one as difficult as this because you don't get much chance to improve if the games are too short. The flippers are about a half inch wider on this game than on my ST and I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains. After I get better at the game I'll usually turn boost back on though.

So boost only changes the replay score? Or does it change in game other features? Is boost why my extra ball is now 10 kills when it used to be 6?

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Did your crossbow ever touch the glass when you did that? Mines just touching the glass now without a washer, im concerned with a washer it might start to rub the glass. Ill take a closer look when i get home to see if its actually making contact with the apron with the glass on to see if i need a washer. Thanks for the suggestion.

There's a fix for the glass issue also. Somewhere in this thread someone used washers to lower the playfield slightly - was actually a really simple fix.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains.

I have this issue with Metallica and Crank It Up. Every time I start one of the CIU modes I'll brick most shots and then drain without being able to cash the jackpot. I think I'm starting to get phobic about it. I swear it was never like that when I first got the game and it doesn't happen on any other game. And I think it's getting worse.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im sure it will be done since the game is so awesome especially the dots......plus its a really popular pin now . The red isn't bad and fits the theme but man color and the upscale will be really great

I've thought about throwing a colour dmd in for the moment and setting it to white. Anyone done this?

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My Premium I got a few weeks ago had several issues that should have been resolved by QA before it got released. I guess that they are rushing these out to make up for the delay we experienced while they sorted the playfield issues.

What playfield issues?

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was playing at MSA last night and got my initials for Crossbow Champion. What is this for? It game me 12,000,000 for hitting the well walker which started multiball.

Guessing you were playing a pro? Because on PreLE you hit the right ramp when the yellow light is flashing and it feeds into the actual xbow mech. You then use the xbow to hit one of the shots.

So on the Pro I'm assuming you hit the same shot to start xbow, but the ball just feeds to the left flipper then you just make a lit shot which awards xbow. It shouldn't have been the hit to the well walker that awarded it - did you hit another shot before?

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Ive never been a big nudger or slapper...however this game is changing all that the more I play! I love it.

I'm considering removing the tilt bob on mine.

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Im thinking of getting some super slippy teflon feet machined for serious side to side action ..

Im lucky - I've got wooden floors and small carpet pieces under the feet of my TWD. Luckily there's games on either side of it otherwise I swear sometimes I would slide that game completely across the room.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It was a Premium. The ball glanced off the Well Walker and it might have hit the prison or something else. Actually I'm not really sure it hit the Well Walker. I just assumed it did because multiball started. All I know for sure is after I fired the crossbow, multiball started and after the game was over I got to put my initials in for Crossbow champion of 12 million. What are you supposed to aim for with the crossbow? It had the laser pointer on it too.

Its not Prison or Well Walker - it's always a Yellow lit shot - Barn (left loop), Bicycle Girl, Tower/riot, Tunnel (right loop), Arena (right ramp). Once you shoot one, next time it's not lit. Maybe it hit WW then glanced into Tower/Riot.

Crossbow frenzy begins after you get 3 successful xbow shots, but im not sure if thats a multi ball or not.

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

I'm not 100% sure of the Refunery one, but the Gnassel lighting effects are super cool. Wouldn't be the same if it was just a solid light. If the refinery one is just a solid light then the Gnassel one is worth every extra $.

#2400 3 years ago

Got horde lit for first time last night on 2nd ball. Drained both 2nd and 3rd ball and couldn't stick the Woodberry shot!!Also had 2nd blood bath lit with one drop to go! aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Almost threw the freakin game across the room. No other game gets me so worked up.

F**k I love this game.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Prison towers available again at mezelmods.com.

Just ordered........

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If there is anyone out there on the fence with respect to Gnassels BG light... get off your ass and buy it. It is extremely well built, works exactly the way it should have from the factory, makes a bland area of the playfield brighter and interactive, and he has improved its function from his earlier version. Seriously it is well worth the cost. Its a MUST have mod for a TWD prem / LE.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2490 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just had a killer game. Got 820,000,000 on the first ball with killer 137,405,000 Bloodbath, 183,322,530 Hoard, 125,453,720 X Champion and 107,405,000 Terminus. Then had to pause so I could pick up my daughter from her Hapkido class. Got to finish the game 45 minutes later with a final score of 1,056,327,620 all on standard settings and outlines open. Still haven't gotten near Last Man Standing yet. What a freaking awesome game this is!
image_(resized).jpeg

Wow.

#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still learning rules...sometimes when I hit all 3 drops I dont hear dead features are lit? Thought you would hear it every time.....Need to experiment with the glass off

First set down in the game lights dead features then every 2nd set down re lights dead features.

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So got to play some games on my brand NIB walking dead premium, and it was a great feeling having the first plays on a machine!
I have two questions for this club:
I have added some photos of the BG ramp, and recalled some posts earlier: Is this ramp out of alignment, and should I do the fix with post/washers to make it straight with the main ramp? I had no large issues hitting the ramp, but it looks as if it could maybe be damaging to the ramp edge over time?
Also, had a couple of times when the machine did not register that the ball had drained. is this a known issue that may occur? I assume a trough switch might have gotten a bump in transport or something.

ramp_bg_(resized).jpgted_bg2_(resized).jpg

That's a big gap - much bigger than was on mine, and I still put the washers in to smooth it out. Definitely do it - whether grinding down a post or putting washers under the flap.

2 weeks later
#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from burtcam:

After reading many posts on here today i didn't really realize on how critical TWD is to play sweet
I had it set up and it played nice out of the box from AMD and then moved it and played very harsh ..
I changed the playfield angle but didn't record it
I have now made a small adjustment +0.2 deg on the right front leg and it plays better..
Playfield angle is now 6.8 deg
maybe it should be 6.5 deg ??
http://gamethesystem.co/latest/30/4/2016/wildball-pinball-league-round-4

6.8 degrees is good for me. I find 6.5 too floaty and the ball is harder to trap. I recently moved my game also but the move made it slightly higher on the right. Not deliberate, just how the floor was different. Game seems to play much better being slightly higher on the right.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Oh also what about the code. How do i tell if mine has the latest update?

It's 1.56, but when you get settled in you might want to think about installing one of the alternate sound codes - same game code, but with actual call outs from the show.

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey all. I need the Bicycle Girl light mod. Has anyone got a link?
Thank you in advance.

Shoot a PM to Gnassel .

2 weeks later
#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed!
Had to change my avatar back to TWD for this very reason.

Your avatar is great - would love an alternate translite with that image for my premium. Anyone?

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

doesn't beat my story , I was purchaser of a MET LE, and when I received it, it was missing the entire Sparky toy ! I couldn't believe it , what was bad was it was back ordered yet they were still manufacturing them and it took 6 weeks to get it , and it was very difficult to install

I would have sent it back...the game is unplayable without it. And then to have to install it yourself is ridiculous. I think that goes beyond the "that's just pinball" mantra.

#2831 3 years ago

Are there any alternate translites available other than these:

http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Translites---Decals/The-Walking-Dead/

Thinking more like RobT's avatar:

image_(resized).png

Or:

image_(resized).jpeg

#2855 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone know what would cause the skill shot to "cancel" before dropping in one of the lanes? It's all good 90% of the time, but every once in awhile the rollovers register correctly, but somewhere between them and dropping into a lane it cancels out (lit lane goes out) and I do not get credit for the skill shot. Does the tower target cancel the skill shot? Maybe sometimes it's hitting the tower before settling into a lane and that's killing it? I always do a full plunge as I assumed that target wouldn't cancel it, but maybe I should actually be plunging a bit softer to avoid the hit? It doesn't appear as though I have any phantom switch closings that would cancel it, but I haven't investigated that to be sure yet. Anyone else with this issue?

Same here, maybe once every 20 games . Not enough to motivate me to find it.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Is there an easy way to find out what value the x multiplier is? I know you can get it in the status report but that's a flow killer. Are people counting the walker kills to try and keep track, it seems quite hard to spot the value on the dmd?

I wish they would put a permanent graphic on the dmd with the X count - surely that would not be too difficult. It's such an important feature.

#2876 3 years ago

Got one.....

image_(resized).jpeg

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Nice. Now order the PDI glass so you can see the playfield again. White = GLARE!!!!!!!!

Yeh, it looks like it in that photo. But already have PDI and from the playing angle there is no glare.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone help here?
My Premium just started acting strangely.
In attract mode and during the game it is like all the lights are flickering way too fast now?
I have zero clue what it might be.

Had a similar thing happen - some of the inserts began flashing really fast and strange colours. Was after installing a mod and also installing the topper at the same time. Reseated a heap of connectors under the pf and completely reseated all the topper connectors and it went away. Still not 100% sure if it was the mod or the topper. Do you have the topper installed?

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Prison magnet question (Pro)...Is there any way to adjust the height? I'm noticing some wear around the bottom edge, and it feels as though the magnet might be a little below the playfield on that side. It's right on the "lip", so it doesn't seem like mylar would sit well there. Any thoughts?

When raising the magnet, just watch it doesn't catch the edge of the top layer of the pf ply (with the art). If the magnet is slightly off centre, and/or the hole in the pf is too tight, raising the magnet can cause the top layer to split on the edge. The magnet should move up fairly easily. If it's too hard to turn the screw, it could be an indication it's too tight.

1 year later
#5375 2 years ago

If anyone hasn't installed the @randomkg cleland NIN/Radiohead instrumental mix yet, get on it now!!!!! This has taken an already great game to the next level. Can't believe what a difference it makes. It's why the soundtrack to GOTG is so important. Well done guys and Thanks!

Also, installed some Black colored mirror blades. Thanks to falconpunch for having these produced (in Oz). WOW. What a difference. They make the playfield appear like it's in a pitch black night. They kind of suck the excess light out and make it really moody and dark. Had no idea they would make such a difference. Get some if you can!

AAaand, had the Stern blood armor which has been on my game for a couple of years, professionally clearcoated. This is how they should have looked from Stern. Completely different. Blacker black and obvious glossy. They look freakin awesome. And obviously the paint splatter won't fall off now.

What a freakin awesome game. Pictures don't do it justice:

IMG_9387 (resized).JPG

IMG_9388 (resized).JPG

IMG_9389 (resized).JPG

IMG_9515 (resized).JPG

IMG_9517 (resized).JPG

IMG_9518 (resized).JPG

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Anyone know if stern is going to produce any more runs of TWD premium?
Thanks

I was told TWD is finished for now. Don't know for how long.

3 weeks later
#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

opinions on best custom made code for the Pre version?

You really need to try Cleland (with Neegan)/random kg NIN/Radiohead mix. It's near perfect.

And mods - 2 must haves are Bicycle Girl light and yoyo crossbow. The other mods are just for show. These 2 are essential.

I don't mind the hazardous material pop bumper caps, but can't remember where I got them.

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This sounds interesting.. who put it together and is there a pro version? I assume no 1.60 version yet?

Pm @randomkg and he'll sort you out. He will be waiting for cleland to update the callouts and then he'll add the music.

#5537 2 years ago

U guys are killing me with these stupid scores!

1 week later
#5662 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It allows more range of movement, thus creating a more dramatic effect when you hit him squarely.

isn't there a trapped ball issue with the small plastic on top? The ball can get caught in between the walker and the small plastic. With the large on top it can't happen.

#5666 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a good point, and probably the reason they install it with the large plastic on top at the factory. That being said, I don't recall the ball ever getting stuck there on my game, and I reversed those plastics years ago.

I took the top plastic off completely for a while and got way too many stuck balls behind the walker. But maybe just having the plastics still on, but swapped is enough to stop to happening too regularly.

1 week later
#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If I hit the right ramp heavy it will fly off by on the left side over the little hump, never upon entry, Anyone have that?

How is that even possible? My right ramp hits have to be perfect, and even then they feel like they'll barely make it - but they do. Never do they have enough strength to fly off. What angle is your game set up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside