R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2120 8 years ago

Quick question for all you premium owners, is the fishtank on the playfield lit up and interactive (reacts to gameplay modes) at all or just randomly lit?

I'm late to the twd bandwagon here and am feeling the need to jump in on it and get one very very soon.

#2124 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It is interactive as it shows how many heads need to be collected when hitting the Arena ramp

Thanks!

Now just need to get the pin like Chambahz just did!
Congrats!!! Hope to follow suit soon.

2 weeks later
#2184 8 years ago

Officially part of the club today!!!

Delivery guy was dollying it on a side that said DO NOT TRUCK FROM THIS SIDE, but initial inspection looks ok thank goodness.

I'll be able to spend more time with her tonight, can't wait WOOOHOO!!!!

20160323_131647_(resized).jpg20160323_131647_(resized).jpg

#2222 8 years ago

I'm having some crossbow mod issues, anyone else encounter this problem...??

I have a mezelmod crossbow mod (the non laser one) I'd like to put on my premium and most of the time when it is on the launcher, the launcher cannot find home and continues to swing back and forth. I have adjusted it to where it will find home by trying to move the crossbow as far back and right as possible before pressing down on the tape. However when I do get it to work correctly it is only with the glass off.

When I attempt to put the glass on, I have to push the left side of the crossbow down ever so slightly to get it to clear the glass. But after this , the crossbow launcher cannot find home again, I assume because the adjustment to get it to clear the glass misaligns it somehow. But again its a very small push down to clear the glass, surprised if this little nudge misaligns it so much.

Launcher works fine when I take the crossbow off.

Anyone encounter this and is there a fix?

#2230 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I found that my crossbow was sitting a bit too low when mounted and was hitting the aluminum housing when it returned to the rest position, therefore never returning fully and swinging back and forth again. I resolved this by putting a very thin washer under the crossbow to lift it slightly. The washer was almost paper-thin. This raised it enough to clear and return to the resting point.

Did your crossbow ever touch the glass when you did that? Mines just touching the glass now without a washer, im concerned with a washer it might start to rub the glass. Ill take a closer look when i get home to see if its actually making contact with the apron with the glass on to see if i need a washer. Thanks for the suggestion.

#2234 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a fix for the glass issue also. Somewhere in this thread someone used washers to lower the playfield slightly - was actually a really simple fix.

I ended up fixing the issue... I didn't see how the playfield or lockdown bar area could be lowered with a washer (wish I would have seen that message earlier!), but I did end up fixing the issue:

The problem was the left hand circular part of the crossbow was rubbing against the glass causing friction or misalignment, surprisingly that little bit of friction prevented the crossbow from finding home..... that launcher is apparently very sensitive!

So what I ended up doing is using a lighter to gently heat the left part of the crossbow and I was able to 'mold' it or shape it slightly so that it went over the apron BUT also under the glass. Under the heat I bent the left part of the crossbow slightly down and bent that left circular part down as well. The bow strings on the left no longer look perfectly straight but the fit is essentially custom fit to this pin! The most difficult part was bending under heat so that it bends down low enough to miss the glass, but high enough to clear the apron, all while trying not to warp the crossbow entirely! Took a few tries but it's done and good now. It also does not take that much heat to get that plastic to bend.

I just got this TWD Premium so maybe some of the new pins have very slightly different tolerances. The space between crossbow and glass and crossbow and apron is so small that any deviation of that space will make a need for modding the mod. And that launcher is so damn sensitive that everything has to be spaced perfectly!

Just wanted to give an update. I'm good now and crossbow is no longer interfering with the launcher.

#2239 8 years ago

Nice fix gweempose! Wish i would have seen that before bending my crossbow, would have been much easier!

Did you have to adjust (forgot the name of them) those 2 small brackets on the inside sideboard that keep the pf from moving around?

#2240 8 years ago

Any inside scoop as to whether TWD is getting the colordmd treatment this year? It really needs one!

#2256 8 years ago

Damn the pingraffix blood splatter decals on the ramps look SICK!!!

Just applied them and it blends in with everything really well, can't look at clear ramps on this game the same anymore...I actually got 2 packs of them and went all sorts of blood splatter crazy!

Now I have to figure out where to put this Big Tony's Sign.

#2260 8 years ago

My Gnassel mod is on it's way, should be getting it any day now. The BG really should have had a light of some sort from factory, I know testers had to have noticed that, wonder why it never made it to production...time constraint or money?

#2277 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone else having their crossbow button not registering the first time you hit the fire button? I have noticed mine definitely does not register the first time I push the button. I'm thinking it is just needing an adjustment of the leaf switch, but wanted to ask before I go prying all around in there.
Thanks!

Mine also has to pass a point before you can launch ball. Bg can be hit on its initial swing out though.

#2278 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My Premium I got a few weeks ago had several issues that should have been resolved by QA before it got released. I guess that they are rushing these out to make up for the delay we experienced while they sorted the playfield issues.

Mine was manufactured 2/16. The bg fix was already installed and ive had no issues with airballs like some have had. No stdm from pops either. Ww plastics i still had to switch top to bottom.

#2298 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If darl is dead we all riot

Stop! No more lol!

Some of us still have 2 weeks of twd on our dvrs we need to catch up with!

Ive been quickly scrolling past any twd articles on fb to avoid spoilers... not on pinside too!

#2305 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You Amy have to add or remove a washer from under the apron next post . Stern sometimes has some variation in the build. Keep us updated.

It ended up being the glass that was rubbing against the crossbow that was causng all the problems. Looks like my playfield was made a little higher than the average. I ended up applying heat and bending the left circular part of the crossbow and some of the left crossbow string to mold it down so it clears the glass but doesn't rub the apron.

I also ended up using gweempose's fix which was to put washers under the brackets that hook the pf under the lockdown bar for safe measure. I did have to remove the two inside tabs on the left and right of the sideboard (the ones that prevent movement of the pf) because those were now preventing me from pushing the pf all the way down.

After this , the crossbow does not touch glass or apron and I am good.

#2320 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The first thing I do on all my stern machines is disable that annoying digital knocker.

Agreed! Of all the sounds they could have chosen, they pick the most annoying screech that sounds like something is broken.

I also prefer no sound to that.

#2348 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah its the part around the prison magnet, I cut the playfield protector into segments to remove it, it was toast anyway..
So anyone fitting One of these to a magnet involved game, save yourself the hassle and play natural wood , much better!!

Cheers on getting that thing out of your game, it looks like excessive overkill and i cant imagine it being fun to play on whatsoever. At least now you you can play the game as it was meant to be played....cheap drains and all!

Ive never been a big nudger or slapper...however this game is changing all that the more I play! I love it.

#2364 8 years ago

Wow! I just installed the Gnassel BG light mod and the thing is amazing!!! Looks even better in person.

Seriously this mod needs to be in every machine, it is one of those mods that really makes you wonder why they did not implement it from factory.

Lighting up the BG is a no brainer, the flashing red and flickering when hit & mode done is pure gravy. Awesome mod , highly recommended.

#2366 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can you send a link to the mod, cant seem to find it. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23327 , its an expired listing but he is still making them, here's his page on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gnassel

Shoot him a pm, he's in Germany, & a really nice guy to deal with too, got my mod quick and am very very happy with it!

#2389 8 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I own a TWD premium and would like to add the Bicycle Girl Ramp Lighting mod, does any one know the cost of Gnassel's mod?
Also, are there any other suppliers selling a similar mod?
Thanks!

60 €

See the links i posted further up this page on post #2366

#2391 8 years ago

Np its a great mod, i like how gnassel's mod has the light that interacts and fades red when the bg is hit. Only one that does this.

#2404 8 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

It was 60 euro shipped for mine, no custom taxes or anything else, it comes in a small padded envelope....60 euro total. Shoot him a pm.

#2405 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I'll say it again, the best pinball mod I've ever purchased is PBR's prison fence EL wire mod.
I have 3 colors that I can interchange. I play it so much that the alternate El wire colors are worth it.

Agreed, it's an awesome mod!!! which El colors did you get? And which color do you like the best?

I got the blue/green one for mine and I like it, looks like electric barbed wire.

This game I went balls out on with mods, I 've put a TON of extras on this pin....it deserves it!

#2411 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got the red/orange, green and purple colors.
My favorite list goes in that order

Nice!

#2419 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

noticed this on the Arena/fish tank/crossbow ramp tonight. I don't think it's always been there, but I guess I've never taken the ramp off to where I would have noticed it either.
Best fix? some glue? Maybe a washer on top of and below?

IMG_6668_(resized).JPGIMG_6669_(resized).JPGIMG_6667_(resized).JPG

Ouch! I would first put acrylic cement on it to strengthen the damaged area and prevent further cracking, i like this: http://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/plastic_adhesives/tap_acrylic_cement/130

Obviously remove the post and screw before doing that.

The stuff works by capillary action so it gets in and bonds the cracks instead of gluing over it. Its clear and dries very strong. Then washers over and under it (clear is good but metal ones will hide the cracks better).

#2421 8 years ago

Mines on order...Yay!!!

#2426 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Wow looks like you are already sold out.
I missed out again

Wow! That's crazy fast!!! Well if they really did sell out that quick, its pretty much a guarantee there will be future batches. Check sterns site, i thought they were selling them there too.

#2432 8 years ago

Thanks for putting this up! Will download and install tommorow!

#2487 8 years ago

Could be to put over the back area of the pf (attached to upper wood part of the back of the pf over the prison and fishtank) and then connected to pop bumpers for a cool flash effect everytime the pop bumpers hit. Or connected to the GI since it has the controls for color change/fade effect.

#2488 8 years ago

** Update** Problem solved, Tmezel pmed me and its all fixed. The wires were switched on my tower, easy, fix and nothing blew even when I tried it with wrong wires.

1 week later
#2574 7 years ago

Hmmm...., I wonder where I can squeeze in this 'Terminus Station' mod, maybe by the pop bumpers?

IMG_1981_(resized).JPGIMG_1981_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2690 7 years ago

Sometimes my crossbow works perfectly, sometimes (but less often) it fails to launch the ball or launches late after a certain point. Ive got a premium, tried adjusting switches to no avail. Frustrating part is its not 100% consistent no matter how i adjust it. Though it usually works fine, i am leaning towards code bug than mechanical fix.

#2693 7 years ago

What i actually had to do not long after i got the game was to shave the end edge of the ramp leading to the crossbow to get the ball to correctly and consistently fall all the way into the crossbow. Before doing that, the ball would sometimes hang on the lip of the ramp and not go all the way into the crossbow.

Now it feeds perfectly each time, so i dont think that is the problem...ive checked that part after modification pretty thouroughly so dont think thats the prob.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=charles4400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.