IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I've been getting a lot of airballs on my LE lately, especially the right post on the bicycle girl ramp. They will often bounce all the way over to the right ramp.
Any recommendations for this? I'm running Cliffy post sleeves on these, not stock rubber.

My ramp guard was upside down and backwards. Once corrected, I've had fewer air balls.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#830 8 years ago

Pic shows how I got it. (The wrong way)
Once flipped and reversed, the plastic comes forward, and the overhang is off to the right side.
Ma y be just the correction you need to that right post.
How is yours currently? Same way, or correct way?

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I had cliffy post sleeves on mine before I switched to Titan and had zero issues with them. One thing I did notice was, with my ocd, I over tightened the top screws that hold that plastic protector above the ramp on. By over tightening those screws I pushed down the cliffys too low and they were all squished down and fat and were nearly touching the playfield. That would cause air balls. Check to make sure those screws are nice and loose and the cliffys aren't bunched up and sitting too low.

We all kinda knew you had a screw loose.
; )

#839 8 years ago

I'm a bandwagon fan. I had this title pre-booked after seeing the playfield pics, then cancelled it after playing the Pro at release. I felt up until recently that bash toys are dull, and why would anyone want 2-3 of them on a single playfield?
I had heard from friends that the latest code was great, but couldn't imagine a pin could change as much as it has.
With Lyman's latest code, this is so unlike the Pro that I played about a year ago.
After watching the Deadflip video and the Bowen Tutorial, I could see why friends were raving about it.
I bought an LE the day after watching the Deadflip video and picked it up next next morning.
It's an amazing pin. I get bored very quickly with pins often and many have lasted only a few days sometimes.
I don't see this one leaving anytime soon.
It's very interesting to see this title suddenly blow-up with popularity. I wonder how many more will be sold with the latest code update.

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've noticed that once the ball is loaded into the crossbow, it sometimes takes a long time for the mode to actually begin. Because of this, if I wait to shoot the ball until the crossbow is on its way back to the home position, the game occasionally goes into a ball search. Is this an issue with my game, or a bug in the software?

Doesn't always happen, but if you start Arena Dead Mode, then the ball travels to the Xbow, the Xbow animation has to wait for Arena animation to finish. That'll get you a ball search.
Hoping that this is one of the things that Lyman was talking about when he said the next update will be cleaning things up.

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Just got my premium today. BG ramp has some foam under metal flap of ramp and Mylar on play field under BG ramp. I noticed the Mylar was imprinted/dented already so I had wife go to Michael's( Craft-Hobby Store) and I put some self adhesive felt under the two metal rivet/screw heads and I placed some static cling vinyl under ramp. I'm probably being a little over cautious. I'll see how the static vinyl is after 40 or 50 games.
My game didn't come with any spot lights on playfield, is this normal?

Yeah, no spotlights on my LE either. Doesn't need it in my opinion, though it is a dark game in some modes, which adds to the theme in my opinion.

#933 8 years ago

I ordered the Cliffy for the bicycle girl ramp and give it top marks.
The ramp seems even more secure than before and the Cliffy is hardly noticeable when the ramp is down.
Highly recommended if you're on the fence.

#977 8 years ago

While this option won't fix your problem, I watched a PAPA video where they just used the menu options to stop the prison doors from opening at all. Apparently they're much more sensitive.
It's an option for you at least.

1 week later
#992 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I have some questions ...
I have a premium WD
how to turn on:
- Bicycle Girl
- crossbow
- tower
Is there an end in THE HORDE?
or must necessarily lose the ball out
I love this game

If I'm not mistaken...
Bicycle girl is every 5 walker kills?
Cross bow is whenever you fill the fish tank (3 right ramp shots)?
Tower -hit both the targets that flank the prison door. Tower is lit. Shoot tower for 2x play field. Repeat a total of 10 times for an extra ball.

1 month later
#1178 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone playing this game on 4 ball? It seems very hard, any reason u wouldn't use 4 ball in a home use situation?

Cause you're a grown man.
(Unless you have young kids who play too. No offence JK!)
: )

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I get SDTM alot in mine. I am running 1.56. I would have hoped the magnet would shake the ball before release. Is there a fix to stop the SDTM? Happens too often, I end up shoving the game just as the magnet releases and I also risk Tilt.
btw, I have an LE

Sounds like your machine is faulty. Return it to the guy you bought it from.
; )
(STILL waiting for my Premium!)

1 month later
#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

If you get a TWD LE you'll have a trifecta !!!

I completed my own trifecta today:
Bought a TWD Premium to add to my...
Met Premium
ACDC Premium

1 week later
#2122 8 years ago

Look at me! Look at me!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2164 8 years ago

can anyone point me in the direction of any threads that discuss tweaking the leaf switch on the prison zombie?
mine is currently working but not as sensitive as I would like.
I took out the leaf switch that is triggered to the bottom part of the zombie head. as the head moves backward from the ball hit, the piece underneath strikes the leaf switch, triggering the hit.
I noticed after tweaking the switch leafs nearly touching, that they moved slightly while tightening them to the mechanism.
(I removed the switch from the assembly as i couldn't get at it when its attached.)

Wondering if anyone can weigh in on this.
Did you have the front leaf touching the trigger, or leave a bit of space?
Did you leave extra space to account for the movement when tightening them back in?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2301 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Will try this - been trying one by one. Didn't know fish tank led to a multikill.

Do yourself a favour and check the menus for every adjustable option. The first dozen or so are related to multikills.
I was really surprised. There are a lot of ways to get a multikill in this game.

5 months later
#3413 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thank you!
Seeing the picture was most helpful!
I am now hoping my mechanically-minded fiancee can make the adjustment.

I just fixed the same issue on mine and would like to suggest an alternate solution.
Opposite that switch is a spring. That spring secures the Well Walker. If it were strong enough, you'd never register any hits. If it's removed completely, or if it's too weak, even light movements, like nudging the pin can cause a phantom hit.

Before you mess around with the switch, try replacing the spring. It's far easier to replace than the switch is because it doesn't require soldering.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 weeks later
#3480 7 years ago

Had to post this...
My wife just made it to Horde mode for the first time.
How awesome is that?
I love her.

#3525 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Ive got to horde only with the glass off just to experience it and its definitely very cool with the shaker, pretty intense

The first thing you need to understand in order to achieve Horde is/are all the different ways to light one of those inserts. Seems as though every major part on the playfield will light one if you know how many times to hit it, or what needs to be done.
If you can link a bloodbath and either prison or well walker multiball, and have a mode running, you can light a few of them alone.
(1 from clearing target banks while in bloodbath, one from the mode, and another from the prison/well walker).

Hope that helps a little bit!

#3527 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I managed to light all the weapon inserts but didn't light horde. Ended up with 394million my personal best game by far. Linking multiballs/modes/2x scoring is crazy!

LOL. You may want to hurt yourself after reading this...

I don't believe the Horde insert lights. Once all the weapons are lit, the Woodbury shot has to be made. You'll know its ready to go cause the red domed flasher should be going. So its possible you were only one shot away from getting to Horde.

4 months later
#4077 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have a feeling that Lyman is maybe not the easiest person to know/get real chill with? typical programmer guy, not too extrovert hehe.

Met him at PAPA last year. While I wouldn't describe his personality as "bubbly", he was very down to Earth and easy to talk to. Not so bad at pinball, either.

4 months later
#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What's the best strategy to get to Horde mode? I've only been there like twice.

I strongly urge all you guys to go into the settings menu just to see all of the different ways that are listed to earn a multikill.
I didn't realize you could get one from completing sets of targets while in bloodbath, or multiple Woodbury shots... there's a ton of them.

As Chuckwurt has suggested: find the easiest ones for you, and have at er!

2 weeks later
#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here's what I did that made him much better.
First gap the spot target under the playfield very very close. Then take 1 to 2 pieces of sticky felt, or the soft side of Velcro with adhesive backing and lay it on the metal arm that is attached to the walker head. That will effectively reduce the distance the arm needs to travel to contact the spot target. Shouldn't need to remove anything under the playfield to do this either.

And not an ideal solution, but know that for tournaments, they have often disabled the prison door, so that the optos that are in front of the door register all the hits, instead of having that head come into play.

4 months later
#5405 6 years ago

I think I'm about to rejoin the club, while NIBs are still available.
I've previously owned both the Premium and the Pro versions, and found the ramps on the Pro were much smoother.
Of course, sometimes tweaking your pin or adjusting the setup can make the difference.

For any of you who have played both versions extensively, can you help me decide?

2 weeks later
#5577 6 years ago

Anyone challenged by getting to Horde should go into the options menu just to look at the various ways that players can earn a multikill.
You likely know that doing well in any mode will earn you an MK, and also Prison multiball, WW multiball... but when I last checked, I was blown away with all of the different ways you could achieve MKs. Like, there's one for target bank completions during Blood Bath.
I don't remember them all, but they're everywhere. Know all the different options, and Horde becomes much easier to achieve.

#5579 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a (possibly) complete list in the rules document. The KEY POSTS INDEX at the top of every page in this thread has a link.

I had forgotten posting this but it may be helpful for others. Nice description of various MKs to collect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-rules

#5583 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Joined the club today with a NIB premium. Is there any day one items I need to be aware of? The game will arrive on Monday.

Nothing that you'll need to enjoy the game.
In my opinion, the best upgrades/mods for this game are:
-Bicycle Girl light
-ColorDMD display
-PDI glass

If you aren't already intimately familiar with how to play the game, watch this video a few times. It will help greatly.

Also, read the rulesheet here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-rules

#5591 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

does that mean they are important or useless? I thought bombs were only used in Horde.

seriously? No way! If your lockdown button is flashing blue, you can hit it for a hit to the prison. There are times when you drain, then wail on that button, and it's just enough to start the prison multiball, keeping you alive.

#5593 6 years ago

If you're new to the game, this might be interesting...
Some of the Stern employees are in the game.
Meet Lyman Sheats:

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5596 6 years ago

John Borg.

I know that Jody Dankberg is one of the walkers that's killed, and I believe Tanio Klyce is as well.
Not sure who else is in there?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do not think that assemble should be shifting like that. Pop the hood and see if you can see anything loose or not tighten down.

Maybe the spring is worn and weak and should be replaced?
That can happen if the game is in storage for a while, as the Walker leans back and pulls the spring.

It's a very simple swap out, assuming you have a replacemnet spring on hand.

4 weeks later
#5826 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The simplest way to disable them is cut the power wire going to the coil.
Do some glass-off testing with the menu item you mentioned.
You might post a video if you think your game is acting strangely.
It's your game, don't let other people tell you what to like or dislike about it.

I know you mean well, but this is terrible advice.
The pop switches are really helpful in well walker multi ball and Riot modes.

I expect the OP just needs to ensure the game is properly levelled.

1 week later
#5872 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Can't Hit Tunnel Shot to Save My Life! ***
I'm a novice player. I bought TWD because I'd read how fabulous it is and because I'd enjoyed playing a hundred-or-so sub-twenty-million-point games on one at my local barcade. Now that I own one (my first pin of any kind), I'm really struggling to be play it well enough to actually advance through the game.
In ascending order of difficulty, I rank the shots as follows:
6. CDC
5. Barn
4. Riot
3. Arena
2. Woodbury
1. Tunnel
Tunnel, as you all know, is a "Borg" shot. It has no margin for error, as even grazing/activating a pop on the way by deflects the shot. You can't "rattle" your shot through there. It has to sail through without touching a thing 'til it finds the corner at the very back/right of the PF, etc. I first experienced a shot of this kind on KISS, and I thought it was absurdly hard there, too.
I hit Tunnel by accident far more often than I do aiming for it. When I aim, I hit it perhaps once in twenty attempts. This is a problem. To help me avoid total frustration, I have set the game to settings that allow me to make at least *some* progress toward scoring goals. I still find it murderously hard. (Believe me, I don't advance all that far, despite all the gimmies!) I typically spend most of each ball trying to clear a single bank or drop targets to earn a shot at starting a mode. I rarely get to the mode as I more often just drain trying to clear the target bank. Clearing the target bank keeps you down near the deadly slings, and once the ball gets to ricocheting around between them, it will all too often find its way into the outlanes in a flash, etc. Still, on rare occasions, I have actually started Horde. (I count four times at this point.) Being resolutely unable to hit Tunnel, this a problem, as it's just a matter of time before I'm "bitten" by an advancing walker on the middle-right. Really, my skills are not up to Horde in general, but in particular because I can't hit Tunnel.
Oh, if you're thinking my pops have switch gaps that are ultra-tight, making them ultra-sensitive, I actually got in there already to *expand* those gaps to make the pops *less* sensitive, as all that pop-bumping on every plunge was driving me bananas.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
J

Make sure that your pin is perfectly level. Sometimes even a little bit off will make a shot much more difficult.
Otherwise, just practice! If the game was easy, it wouldn’t be any fun.
Sounds like you need to keep improving your basic flipper skills, as the drop bank shouldn’t take most of a ball.
(Though it can!)

#5890 6 years ago

A cake made by Jean-Phillipe (he has a spot in Vegas at the Bellagio):

01ACC6CF-C3FE-4293-A38B-41D0820C9261 (resized).jpeg01ACC6CF-C3FE-4293-A38B-41D0820C9261 (resized).jpeg

#5894 6 years ago

Does anyone know why Stern made the skill shot zombie male? Seems like it was female originally.

CEB219AE-FE02-4B83-9E2D-ED6911609B3F (resized).jpegCEB219AE-FE02-4B83-9E2D-ED6911609B3F (resized).jpeg

09D94060-D1AC-4200-8C75-4F3992C0366E (resized).png09D94060-D1AC-4200-8C75-4F3992C0366E (resized).png

#5905 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Fair enough. Time to put in a solid week of practice and see where I end up. I've played c. two-hundred games to date, averaging 10M on three balls.
My nudging is poorly timed and ineffectual. I often drop catch, but I flip instantly. It's not like a true "catch." I just meet the ball with the flipper up, then decelerate the ball by lowering it with my flipper, then flipping instantly. Kind of like a tip in basketball. I rarely if ever do live catches on this pin. I began learning them on my first love, IM, since the ball comes to the right flipper from the pops on that pin in a way that invites a live catch. ToM is another title that invites *lots* of right-flipper live catches. My dead flipping has come a long way. I'd say it's one of the first flipper skills players begin to improve on when they commit to getting better. I can post pass reasonably well, allowing me to transfer a cradled ball from one flipper to the other, etc. I will invariably post pass to my left flipper whenever Extra Ball is lit. I've never done a slap save, I don't think. I don't really try to save SDTM drains. I fight outlane drains as much as I can, but not well.
Thanks for your reply to my post!

The way I view TWD is the same way I view my golf game: as a whole, it will never be pretty, but if I have a great mode, or multiball, it’s a good game. The same way if I par one hole, or hit the green from the tee box on a par 3, it’s a good time. I can 3 putt after that to ruin the hole, but I’ll remember the drive and forget the rest!

#5920 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

ive noticed something else with my new premium. Sometime when i plunge the ball never makes it up to the skill shot area. It ricochetes into the pops. my pro machine never had this issue. Any ideas on what i need to adjust>?

I'm having the same issue with my new Pro.
Not certain, but it seems to happen only/most often when I plunge manually, and not from the auto-plunge.
I was poking around with the glass of yesterday to see if the guide rails near the exit area could be easily bent, but they appear to be in there pretty solid.

Would love to hear others opinion. Otherwise, it'll be a call into Stern to see what they suggest.

#5928 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

So if you get the cliffy, do you take off the factory foam before installing the cliffy?
My ramp shots are very smooth and i don't want the cliffy to change that. Does it affect the angle of the ramp?
Thx.

Personally, if your ramp plays 100% now, I would just leave it as is. I had a TWD Premium where the ramp started leaving a slight mark underneath it, but it was pretty slight, and you had to lift the ramp flap just to see it.
Honestly, I’m not sure why anyone is THAT concerned about preventing an issue so minor.
Your call though. I know that even the slightest imperfection on a pin can rub people the wrong way sometimes.

#5952 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

ive noticed something else with my new premium. Sometime when i plunge the ball never makes it up to the skill shot area. It ricochetes into the pops. my pro machine never had this issue. Any ideas on what i need to adjust>?

Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet? I toyed with the game, glass off. Plunged the ball, then moved the gate back and forth. Didn’t figure out what the issue is.

#5960 6 years ago

I was messing around with the game today, trying to fix the shooter issue.
Although it’s mostly from the manual plunger, there are occasions where it misfires from the autoplunger as well.
So that makes me think that I need to adjust the plunger, but mostly it’s a ballguide issue perhaps.
Has anyone else made any headway, fixing theirs?

Edit: finally removed the ball guide and bent it slightly.
Now I get occasional autoplunger misfires but the manual plunger seems to be fine.
Good enough for now. Next time I'm bored, I may try to tweak it a little more to get the autoplunger 100% as well.

#5976 6 years ago

Highly unlikely I’ll be topping this in the near future.

2385C87A-F297-48B3-9CD1-701D0FD4D4F8 (resized).jpeg2385C87A-F297-48B3-9CD1-701D0FD4D4F8 (resized).jpeg

4350D8F9-5068-4D5A-83B5-38901E72BB88 (resized).jpeg4350D8F9-5068-4D5A-83B5-38901E72BB88 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6003 6 years ago

Had my best game ever on Saturday, including 2 Horde modes in the same game. I nearly tripled the existing GC score.
Finally saw Last Man Standing, and despite all the ball saves and add-a-balls that occurred, I only made it about half way back down to 0.
That said, I have yet to see Siege mode.
Is it just me, or is Siege the toughest mode to get started in TWD?
I'm now focusing on just trying to get to Siege, so I'm focusing on the Prison, then when the red arrows pop up, hitting the easy shots like Barn/CDC/Riot, and then zombie head. Once I'm nearly there, it's all about getting BloodBath nearly lit and then trying to get both multiballs going simultaneously.
Once that drains, it's WellWalker multiball just so I can use two balls to focus on the target bank, working towards another Blood Bath.

Does anyone else have any tips on helping me get to Siege, or share my pain?

#6017 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDocMN:

Just got my TWD pro today!! Awesome game and playing the snot out of it. Having problems with the shooter lane though. 75% of the time the ball goes to the bumpers, not the skill shot area. Was removing the ball guide the best fix? Hard to do?

I didn’t find it too tough, and tweaked it slightly which greatly improved the manual plunger. Of course, the auto plunger stopped working as well as it did.
I’ve reached out to my distributor and have a new rail incoming. Hoping that will fix it 100%.

9 months later
#7339 5 years ago

After hundreds of games played, I finally reached Siege last night.
This game continues to challenge me and provide near-unobtainable challenges.
I loves it.

5 months later
#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Oh no Fat Panda won’t help me anymore, what ever will I do. Please don’t do this to me, I will promise never to do anything without your permission again. I will make sure to PM next time just to make sure it’s OK .

Dude, if you’re asking for free help online, maybe a different approach is appropriate?
Nobody owes you anything after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.