IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 8 years ago

Super fun, just got mine set up tonight.

Looking forward to many plays and figuring out what Im doing....

IMG_0591.jpgIMG_0591.jpg

#361 8 years ago

oops, sorry, I shouldn't have posted that pic so quick....

IMG_0592.jpgIMG_0592.jpg

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn dude, really? That's a really good score for someone who just got the pin!

I had prison multi going, X scoring went crazy with riot I think? I dunno....just was shooting carelessly and it got nuts. Big thumbs up on this game for sure!

#368 8 years ago

Thought I would share a slightly funny story. My non pinhead friend that helped me carry TWD downstairs mentioned stern should change the code so I can put my full name in for hi scores lol!

He ended up getting 140 mill on one of his games.

Love the skill shot animation on this game, probably the best ever as far as skill shots go.

3 weeks later
#403 8 years ago

Did anyone still get bicycle ramp fly outs with the replacement plastic in the Stern fix kit? I ended up cutting a piece of lexan (before the kit got to me) to completely contain the ball into the ramp after hitting the ramp pivot point.

I kinda laughed when I got the fix kit, why not just span over the entire area, new plastic was what , 1/8th inch wider? Its a bit much in picture but from player view its pretty unnoticeable.

IMG_0612.jpgIMG_0612.jpg

2 weeks later
#422 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to be ordering some Titan silicone rings for my TWD LE, and I'm torn between staying with black or going with the translucent ones. Any opinions?

I personally love clear bands in the games. These are the German guy's stuff.

IMG_0732.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0733 (1).jpgIMG_0733 (1).jpg

1 week later
#519 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Stern has a fix kit with the foam pads - it's probably already installed on the new games coming off the assembly line.

No, I supposedly got the last Premium out of the factory and the BG fix kit was not installed or included. Had to get in the mail 2 weeks later.

1 week later
#558 8 years ago

I just checked my audits since the newest update, only 88 plays

Been busy working a bunch lately, I do like the game a smidgen more with the updates, did a little more manhandling to keep the ball out the side drains tonight, great game all the way around.

Did I post my sweet TWD gulp in this thread? I dunno, here it is, sorry if its a dup....

IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0811.jpg

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Shut the front door! Where the hell did you get that? I NEED one!

Trilogybeer made it. Best custom gulps ever, the clearcoat on it is better than my twd playfield

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Damn it. I knew I should have asked him if he had done one for TWD when I talked to him about the Road Case one. I'm sure he'd kill an LE styled one too.

He made one a long time ago for the LE, had the crosses on it. PBL use to sell it, I'll dig up a pic of it

6 months later
#2194 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Quick tech question from a total novice -
Tonight I was playing some games on TWD, took a break between games to fiddle with the plumb bob a little bit, and when I got back into it both the well and prison magnets were offline. Everything else seems fine, but both magnets are totally non-functional. Seems like maybe a fuse or something, but as a general idiot about all things mechanical I'm not sure how to approach the problem. Anybody have any tips?
Thanks!

It's F7 I believe, mine popped on both I owned so far.

Take your translite off and push in the button inside the coin door, it won't be lit.

It's a 4 amp slow blow.....

Anyone try a 5amp slow blow yet?

#2197 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I called Chas at Stern after I had the same problem twice and he said not to higher than the 4 amp(slow blow).

Good to know. Wonder what's causing that fuse to pop, I just dub tap the flippers to end the magnet sequence now, oh well...

#2249 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you are getting a Prem/LE, get pinsider Gnassel's BG light mod. Holy crap, that looks amazing and a solid effect.

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

#2253 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For the love of God do it. It looks SOOOO much better than stock. And its interactive and well built.
I tried three different versions of BG lights and Gnassels was the best by far IMO.

Sorry, I spend all my money on acrylic washers.

#2258 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

you can see one in my TWD Prem at MGC.

I ordered one so Appollyon can't make fun of me

#2280 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

All little stuff but really should have been caught before shipping a "Premium" pin that is most likely for HUO. A pro shipped with these issues would be more forgivable in my eyes because the owner would be more likely (than a premium owner) to be putting it on location and therefore be more familiar with fixing stuff like this. But I bet that many wealthy pin buyers who buy premiums and LEs might have less hands-on experience, skill or tolerance for having to fix their brand new expensive toys.

I disagree with all of this......Pro-Premium-LE should all be checked that everything is tight, no exceptions......also, strong majority of people I know that buy Premium/LE's know their shit and rarely start any "how to fix" threads.....jus saying

#2335 8 years ago

No spoilers, I haven't seen any of this season

I'm quite happy to be back in this club, I lasted a whole 3 months without one.

I'm going to start a 4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse club, TWD-TRON-GoT-Met. We can discuss all things awesome about these games and lots of booze/beer and random nonsense.

#2337 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I need to scrounge my pennies together asap as possible.

You are welcome as an honorary member if you wish...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse#post-3074432

#2416 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

noticed this on the Arena/fish tank/crossbow ramp tonight. I don't think it's always been there, but I guess I've never taken the ramp off to where I would have noticed it either.
Best fix? some glue? Maybe a washer on top of and below?

IMG_6668_(resized).JPGIMG_6669_(resized).JPGIMG_6667_(resized).JPG

I'd glue a clear acrylic washer on the top of the cracking area (not super glue)

2 weeks later
#2586 8 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So just got my TWD Premium, unfortunately the crossbow doesn't work, just asking before I consult the manual and the distributor, is there an alignment procedure or is it just screwed. It makes this noise like gears grinding or something?

Remove the apron and run the test function in the service menu, maybe that will show you something that needs to be physically corrected.

Edit-take a video of it and maybe we can assist more...

Re-edit----reseat all the connectors for giggles

7 years later
#11451 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Why this layout takes a lot of getting used to: One user's early impressions
This layout is notoriously brutal. We all know that. I find aspects of it make playing the game less than fun.
Example:
Every plunge must exit from the pops and every exit from the pops is dicey. Like, every time the ball is in the pops, I'm thinking, okay, when it exits those pops, will it go SDTM? Will I be able to nudge just right as it comes out, etc? This is stressful and it follows EVERY plunge. This stress is unwelcome. Can we be frank about this?
There are many aspects of this layout that I think are great. Don't get me wrong. Still, when there is a very real risk of a SDTM drain every time the ball goes into the pops, and the ball is sent into the pops by no less than three shots and the plunge, it makes for a drain-heavy layout if you asked me. Add the huge outlanes and this game is...well, brutal.

i personally love that its short ball times, great multiplayer game. A true ultimate nudger.

It should feel stressful you are fighting for your life!

#11453 10 months ago

Where does your clean shot to Tunnel end up?
At your left flipper or in your left sling?

Mine comes pretty clean back to the left flipper.

this is my 3rd TWD, my first had the wooden backbox was an early run premium, these next 2 were metal backbox and they have all felt like they played slightly diff. my first felt the smoothest but that was so many years ago maybe im just not remembering correctly.

My son and i play pins together quite a Bit. We don't play 2 player spider-man together anymore the games take forever . Enjoy the brutality of this title.

Only setting change ive really done was lower the slings coil power down just a tad.

1 week later
#11479 10 months ago

These came stock on my 2014 PRO.
And guess what, I still have to periodically straighten my left Stab target because the additional “mast” and bracket don’t really lock the target in place. Would it fall over sooner without them? Perhaps.

Mezel mods makes some target splints i thought they were pretty excellent

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints

#11490 10 months ago

Gonna be hungry again in an hour always makes me laugh. Merl was awesome in that show

#11495 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Oh I was just bellyaching Very weird... very very weird.

POMC is one of the oldest trolls on pinside just ignore him

#11498 10 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a dumb pinball forum.

then why are you here

#11510 9 months ago

IMG_4877 (resized).jpegIMG_4877 (resized).jpeg

This work for ya? About to test it…

edit-its slightly more appropriate for children....but if they've watched the show im sure they will be ok, maybe just turn the volume down

#11513 9 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Yes, that's the setting I was talking about. I just didn't know if an excluded the Cleland call-outs. I'd assume it's file based and his profane call-outs would have to be in the same folders as the main code. LOL.

i played 2 quick games only heard bitch and shit. Negan seemed to be dropped out, ill have to play more...

edit-still some negan...

3 months later
#11642 5 months ago

Damn you Eric!

i got close to 700M and got to Horde today....im happy with that

#11645 5 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Horde is one of the best modes in pinball. The music and lightshow is spectacular and building a foreboding sense or urgency and impending doom.

i don't get to it often....left it on the table flashing the other day, i was mad lol

Luckily tonight my one daughter saw it happen and she was quite enthused about it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.