IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3425 7 years ago

I just joined the club late last week with a premium. The balls included with mine were so so. Luckily I had some ooh shiney ones laying around. If I had no extras, they would be ok I guess. I definitely would get some premium ones though, why drop all that money on a new game then cheap out on some crappy balls. PBL is out of stock, but Titan has some.

#3428 7 years ago

The ramp on the premium I got last week isnt completely flush either...works perfect! Congrats! Its such a great pin.

3 weeks later
#3548 7 years ago

I have the one from pinball life. Highly recommended.

#3564 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Anyone else have the issue with one of the prison doors not opening all the way? Mines gotten a little worse and sometimes it deflects the ball instead of getting a clean shot on the head,

Same issue. I started to look into it a little. The doors are opened by a single coil that pulls a bracket with 2 arms on it. Im guessing the holes are a tiny bit off, and it pulls one side a little harder than the other side. I havent played with it much to find a fix, just started looking into why it was doing it.

I also ran into an issue with the BG ramp on my premium. I got this machine about a month ago and it had the BG ramp fix installed at the factory. 400 games in and I now have a nice cut in my playfield where the ramp flap hits the playfield. Whenever the ball hits the ramp, it goes down and touches the playfield. Well, all that ramp hitting has caused it to dig in. Not happy.

#3568 7 years ago

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now, just sucks I didnt notice it earlier. I wasnt looking for that, I had been watching where the rivets were.

#3580 7 years ago

It did have mylar, it just ends right before the ramp flap. I tried taking a pic, but its hard to catch it right without taking things apart. You can see right at the tip of the insert there is a line, that is where it dug in. Right above that you can see the line for the mylar.

IMG_20161014_173939 (resized).jpgIMG_20161014_173939 (resized).jpg

#3581 7 years ago

Ouch. Apparently Stern has them for sale, just not on the website. Also, there is a different one available on ebay for $150 shipped from the UK.

#3583 7 years ago

Yeah...I had planned on ordering a cliffy but never got around to it. After I saw that, I have one on the way now. Sucks but could be worse I guess. If I ever got really anal about it, I could easily fix it. Little sand paper and a few drops of clear.

#3586 7 years ago

Well at least I know now that the mylar was misplaced. Kinda sucks it was something so simple like that. Hopefully other people see this and check theirs before any damage gets to bad.

#3592 7 years ago

I agree on the video. Its long but worth it. I watched it probably 4 or 5 times, and it really helped me understand the game.

2 months later
#3871 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So I have to finally ask for somehelp here on my TWD prem. It has had some minor issues since i got it NIB and havent gotten to address them all but now something new has happened.
1. The woodbury drop target started to suddenly either not go up, or going partially up. Now it just doesnt go up. I tested manually and if I push it up slow it usually stays up, but if I use some force (which happens when the coil kicks) it goes right down again.
I searched some threads here regarding the issue and upon checking and tightening the screws, the left black plastic which the drop target rests on when up cracked. I attached a photo of the screw, this is without the black plastic which now broke off. is this possible to buy as a replacement, or is there any fixes to this?
2. There seems to be something funky with the prison doors/head, I checked the head switch and it is not always on. I checked the prison doors test and it says that its unable to close the doors. When I open and close the doors it registers as closed for a quarter of a second.
Does anyone know where this opto is,and why it is not registering solidly as closed when the doors are closed?

1) Call/email your distributor. You said you bought it NIB, but not sure how long ago. They may just send you a new piece. But if not, they can get you a replacement.

2) Check the switch for the door assembly below the playfield. Its a microswitch that activates as the shaft turns. On mine, 1 of the screws came out and the switch wasnt in the right spot anymore.

2 months later
#4340 7 years ago

Ive never had a problem with Game Room Guys. They have some of the best prices and when I had some issues, they got parts for me as quick as expected without much fuss. They said they would make it right, but you wanted instant gratification. Stern would have drop shipped you the new ones, takes a few days, but it would have been fine.

#4344 7 years ago

I have times where the ball barely is affected, then other times it throws it hard. I think its just a matter of timing of activation and where the ball is and its direction of travel already.

#4350 7 years ago

Mine will sometimes throw the ball up riot or SDTM, or straight through the left outlane very hard. But most of the time it doesnt. Playfield angle could be part of it. I have mine at 7 or so.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#4456 7 years ago

I second the Cliffy for the BG ramp. After that, shaker and external sub. Everything else is eye candy. IMHO, those three are the only "must haves."

7 months later
#5478 6 years ago

Ive had my TWD PRE for a little over a year, and still have never seen siege or LMS either. Been in horde a dozen times or so. Factory settings. I consider myself an average to slightly above average (depends on the game...lol). I have a few machines, but TWD keeps me coming back over and over. The fact that I cant do everything each play session keeps it a challenge. Such a great game. The fact that it is 22 in the top 100 shocks me tbh, its way better than a lot of the games above it. Cant wait for Clelands update.

2 weeks later
#5679 6 years ago

Someone asked about the flipper bats, just wanted to give a heads up, they will only work on a pro. On the Prem/LE if you put something like that on, the crossbow will hit them when it tries to swing out.

1 month later
#5904 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wasn't a "must" mod for me. I got mine in mid 2016 and the ramp flap has foam on the bottom to protect the PF and the shot was smooth right out of the box. I was ready to do some work on it after reading posts about it before I got it but it turned out no tweaking was needed.
Except adding Gnassel's flickering light mod of course. That IS a must

The cliffy's isnt to make the shot smoother, its to stop the ramp digging into the playfield. Yes it is a must. Mine came with the "factory" fix with the foam on it too, but after a few hundred plays, it was already digging into the playfield. For less than $20, its cheap insurance.

1 week later
#5961 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

So if you get the cliffy, do you take off the factory foam before installing the cliffy?
My ramp shots are very smooth and i don't want the cliffy to change that. Does it affect the angle of the ramp?
Thx.

I did not remove the foam. The amount of material added under the ramp is very minimal, so it doesn't really affect the angle hardly any at all. I saw no change of smoothness before vs after. I had no issues before, and no issues after. At least now my playfield isn't being dug into by a rivet head though.

4 months later
#6641 5 years ago

I absolutely loved Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) when I played it. I've been considering buying one even though Im not a huge fan of the band I liked it that much. However, I think #the_walking_dead_le is one of the best games around. The ruleset is amazing and deep, and its a challenging machine. I never get bored of playing it. Getting to horde with the shaker, sounds and lights pulsing...you can feel the game sucking you in and it actually feels like a fight for your life. I dont think you can go wrong with either one. IMHO, TWD is a better pin (as of right now...who knows how IMDN will change yet, it took years for TWD to get as good as it is now).

3 months later
5 months later
#7611 5 years ago

If you are getting SDTM out of the pops, its a setup issue. I never have that happen. Prison, well, sometimes it happens. Most of the time on mine it doesnt, but occasionally it does. Same as it does on Metallica. A short ball save timer or a you hit no switches after the magnet activated timer would have been nice. It doesnt happen that often though. I would say I get more pissed off at the well walker magnet throwing the ball hard at the outlane and draining it. That happens way more to me than off the prison.

#7615 5 years ago

For most people giving it a tiny bit of lean to the left (instead of being perfectly flat) helps with the pop issue. There are other ways to do it though, its been mentioned in this thread a bunch. Some add a ring, some add some velcro.

3 weeks later
#7667 5 years ago

I have the blood splatter decals from pingraffix on the plastic ramps, they look really awesome. I also have the 2 bloody hand print graphics that were linked many years ago, and they are decent. These are the ones: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B005LLMCU4/ I can take a pic later tonight if you want. I have them on the back side of the glass over the instruction card area.

4 months later
#8127 4 years ago

I put mine under the glass so they dont get all messed up or have people play with them.

1 year later
#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

If you have a good eye (and some experience), you can look for a bad solder joint. The sensor itself is the thing circled below. The rollover just breaks the light beam going across. Doe the rollover still light up, and just that the sensor doesn't register?[quoted image]

Another cool trick is to look at that part with your phone camera. If the emitter is working, one side will have a light in it. You cant see it with teh naked eye, but the camera can pick it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.