IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2697 7 years ago

Hey all. Total Pinhead newb here. But my first pin finally arrived today. My brand new TWD pro.

The installers really werent much help for me so i have some questions. Ive read the 1st 5 pages of this thread and then since page 40 to here. So ive gotten some bits and pieces of info. However hard to connect the dots until i finally got my pin. So here it goes

1.) I believe my installer set the game to 5 balls per game. Is this standard for you guys and the scores ive seen posted. Or is 3 where it needs to be. If so What menu do i go in to change this back to 3.

2.) My game has preinstalled high scores. I believe starting at 25mil. Is this normal? Can i change this?

3.) How many high scores does the game hold? Are 3 initials the only option?

4.) Angles. Ive also seen 6.8-7.0 degrees is the ideal set up. Its currently level inbetween the lines in the bubble. How do i know how much to raise the rear legs to get to the desired degree. Do you guys use a tool to measure the degrees?

5.) The knocker is somewhat annoying. Im not exactly sure what its for. I saw somewhere int he manual i can turn its volume down?

6.) Are there any other standard settings i should know about?

7.) Does the pro have last man standing mode or is that only Prem/LE? I hope i dont regret not getting a Prem/LE.

8.) My first mod i bought is underglow lighting which did not come with instructions. There is a plug inside the coin door to the right of the machine that looks like this would plug into. However how i get the wire inside the machine? Is there a general access hole?

Im sure i will have a many more but thats it for now. Thanks for any help in advance. I cant wait to get home and start playing!

#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

5 balls is cheating! Most scores you see are 3 balls, you can set yours any way you like. Go through your manual, it's adjustable from the menu.
High scores are the factory default, they are adjustable from the menu.
Angles - there are apps you can use or any of several different models of level you can find at Lowes, Amazon, etc.
A 6" digital level that shows degrees off level works well. Measure from multiple places on the playfield. Don't measure on the glass.

lol thats what i thought i will be sure to change it to 3 balls promptly. lol and ty for the angle measuring device.

#2702 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Most of your questions can be answered in the manual.

Adjustments->First Option (Cant recall what it is called). Cycle through and you will find it. Change it to 3 balls.

Normal. I believe you can change it. Same place in that Adjustments menu

5. GC and the next 4 highest. You can change it to 10 initials.

I turn it off. Same place, Adjustments.

Pro has it.

Thank you so much. Again sorry for the newbish questions. Excited to be part of the club. Ill take some pictures tonight to post up.

#2703 7 years ago

Oh also what about the code. How do i tell if mine has the latest update?

#2712 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Zukboy, I went to Spencer at a local mall yesterday and found TWD action figures NIB for just $10.00 each, much cheaper than anything on line. I got the one you have and also the "bungee" jumper zombie. I took the lower half off the RV zombie and put him behind the Woodbury sign mod. Thanks for the info on Spencers. Cyrus

Very cool. Ill have to make a trip to spencers sometime soon.

#2713 7 years ago

My very first pin. But heres my current set up and loving it so far.

20160514_013031_(resized).jpg20160514_013031_(resized).jpg

#2716 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Nice first pin bgwilly31....can't go wrong pin,great machine...looks like you have room for more...be carefully the bug mite hit hard and you will soon have more pins.....lol

Oh im already starting a wish list. lol. Its definitely addicting. But tyvm

#2725 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit the well walker a ton to start MB.
Hit the prison a ton to start MB.
Prison and Well walker MBs cannot be stacked.
Hit the drop targets down on the left to light the modes. you can play the modes with a multiball. if you light all the inserts in front of the drops, you start another MB called blood bath. That CAN be stacked with well walker or Prision MB.
If you are doing well in a mode or multiball you will start a multi kill (yellow blinking light on the playfield in front of the shot). Start 6 multi kills to reach Horde wizard mode.
There is TONs more, but start there and just ask more specific questions as you go. I'm sure there is a wiki rulesheet on tilt forums too. Good luck! Congrats!!

Ok all i have a major dilemma. I just got my TWD and had a few friends over the weekend to hang out. One guy got on the machine and just played it most of the night. A good 3 hours. I had the highscore 77 million. (Pathetic i know) But i just got it a few days ago. (My first pin) Anyways i wasnt worried about anyone beating my score. Right at the end of the night his previous highscore was 40 million and he only hit that once. But then he got lucky as hell and posted a 112 million to top me. I can not let this stand. lol I spent 2 hours straight last night attempting to beat this. I was pretty confident i would in a few tries however best i did was 90 something a couple of times.

What happened to me a shit ton last night was terrible 1st balls. I felt like the game had it out for me. Multiple times my 1st ball would only be a few million. So i have a few questions.

1.) Does the 1st ball early deaths tend to be a trend for anyone else or is this just me being terrible. Also whats the proper way to restart after a terrible first ball. I would just shut the power switch off and back on.

2.) In my previous reading high scores is all about bloodbath. However i spent a lot of time last night just trying to hit those targets only and not one time did i ever get there without dying. do BB targets count during a multiball?

3.) Are there any strategies like for example try to hit the well walker from the left paddle only? Also a trick to hit woodburry ? Its sucha hard shot from the left paddle i very rarely have hit it aside from just being lucky not even trying to hit it.

4.) Im also assuming the longer a multiball mode goes the more points you get. So a major strat would be to have it last as long as possible. Do you guys try to hold the balls for more accurate shots. (Seems dangerous) Or just try to paddle them around towards the ramps. During both well walker and prison multiballs. Are the main targets the ramps and BB targets? Well walker and prison are both kind of dead targets right?

Thanks for any tips to help me regain my top score.

#2726 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I took delivery of my PBR TWD Premium one week ago. Below are some photos of my new TWD in my game room.
I am still getting used to the game and the rule set so any pointers on game play are certainly welcome.
Gord

What is PBR? Machine looks awesome with the mods. Gratz

#2729 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1). Easy answer. Never restart after a bad first ball. Some of my best GC scores have come after a terrible first ball. If you restart after a bad first ball on this game in particular, you're going to be restarting more games than games you complete. That being said, if you're on ball two and hold in the start button, a new game will begin.
2)yes. I always get my BB close, start a MB, then keep hitting drops with the ball saver on to start BB.
3) I try to never hit him straight on. I have had luck by glancing off the left or right side of him like you would do to the Iron Monger on IM.
4) during prison MB, all the main shots are jackpots. Once you collect one, they go out, and you must hit the Prision to relight them. Well walker jackpots are built up from any switch hits on the playfield I believe and collected by hitting the well walker.
5). Read up on how to use the shot multiplier effectively (inlane lit X). Buy saving this for the right time, you can get shots worth 50-100 million fairly easily before you even get to a multiball.

Thank you i found the rule sheet PDF that someone posted in a previous post. That helped quite a bit. Once the extra ball at woodburry is lit do you guys really go for it or is it kind of if it happens great kind of thing? It seems like a dangerous shot to attempt over and over again.

But reading that rule sheet has helped me quite a bit. i need to study that thing. I plan on playing tonight after work. Ill update you guys if i regained dominance on my own machine. lol

#2732 7 years ago

UPDATE!}}}}Oh hell yeah regained domination on my machine! I was happy with it. Only took me a couple hours after i studied the rule sheet pdf. I finally hit BB Even though i only got 28mil out of it. But i was one wep away from reaching HORDE mode at the end.

20160518_222307_(resized).jpg20160518_222307_(resized).jpg

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My custom topper is finally complete.

Looks amazing. Is the topper lights just on a loop or are they wired to light with specific objects hit. I like this much better then the fishtank. Bravo!

#2746 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Ok. So, I'm thinking this hopefully a one off but wanted to mention it to other TWD owners. I was playing my TWD Pro on Saturday night when I realized the three drop downs on the left side were no longer re-setting. The drops downs are what start up most of the modes, so pretty important part of the game. I thought maybe a fluke so re-set the pin but no luck. Opened it up and found one of the wires powering the solenoid was broken off. Whoever stripped the protective sheath off the wire at the Stern factory took too much metal and soldered on what was left. So, a month into owning the game, it broke. I put my limited solder skills to the test and it's functioning again. I started looking at other solder points and went and re-flowed a few that that did not look to be on very securely. These things have at least dozens of wires soldered into place and with all the movement I guess this can happen, though I didn't expect it so soon on a NIB pin. It happens sometimes to my EM's, but I expect that out of 40 - 50 year old pinball machines.

Good to know thnx for sharing.

1 week later
#2752 7 years ago

So quick Newb Question. My friend outscored me again.. But i noticed hes shaking the crap out of the machine while he plays. Ive shaken some. But i mean if he plays for 1 hour the Warning sound pops off 50 times during that hour. Is this bad for the machine. My machine is on carpet. Should i get those slider pads to put underneath the legs. Or is this completely fine. ?

#2755 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I just thought he might going crazy with it. Maybe i should tighten it on him. Hes logged more hours on my machine than me. probably 14 hrs compared to my 3 hours. But just this past weekend he managed to smoke my 329mill. And posted up a 744 mill score on me. I was wondering how in the hell he did it. Im pretty sure the massive nudging hes doing now is the answer. Ive got to practice that if i have a chance at his score.

#2762 7 years ago

See this is why i was thinking of getting felt sliders for under the feet. Cause mine is on carpet. The feet arent moving at all. Im worried about the arms busting out of the bolts to the box. Hes shaked it so much already the front right arm squeaks at the bolts to the box now when you shake it even a little.

#2764 7 years ago

Damn fucker has already posted that score. Ive studied that rule sheet pdf for about 30 minutes now. It seems so damn confusing. So much to remember. What each mode does. Then when to hit what certain ramp. Im struggling to find a strat that seems best to start out at. Like start a dead mode first then while thats going do you try to get multi ball or try to hit the ramps for the mode your in before the time runs out on the mode. Then in the intensity of the game. trying to remember all this stuff. Maybe i just need more play time. Currently i havent memorized what a single mode does.

Yesterday i played for a quick half hour. Got to BB for only my 3rd time. on my 2nd ball. Had a prison multi and a well multi before that. Kept the balls up for a decent amount of time. But 2nd ball ended and i check the score and only 67 mill. I was like WTF> I did all that and only 67 mill. Ended that whole whole game with a pathetic 78mill. Frustrating and fun all at the same time. Its going to take a hell of a game to beat his 700 and something mil. Ive had multiple 175mill games and only one 327mill game. Hes the same way. He has 1 200+ mill game then his 700 mill+ game. Lucky as hell.

#2773 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mitchell Curtis came on The Pinball Podcast and gave a bunch of tips and went over a lot of rules in our latest episode. I've always liked TWD, but now I'm dying to get out and play it again now that I have a better idea of what to do. There's a location one near me, I'm hoping to get down to it tomorrow.

where can i find your podcast

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I installed the outlane posts on my Premium and within a few games I beat my high score. The game is alot easier with the posts.

Wow great score. What are outlane posts! >/

1 month later
#2972 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I ask because my Premium likes to fire it straight down at me - which is unlike the pro I had played repeatedly. Somebody here mentioned rotating the magnet a bit but I somehow don't think that will affect it. YOU can either make me fool with it or forget it.

I typically just give the machine a little shimmy side to side when the ball is getting ready to fire. That solved the issue of firing down the middle.

#2973 7 years ago

So i have a controversial high Score on my machine that was put up a few weeks ago while no witnesses were around of 797 million. I strongly suspect because i have never seen this person score higher than 150 million that he grabbed the manual and switched the balls per game to 10 balls per game. Theres many other factors as to why its very suspect. A few are as follows. This person has only played pinball a handful of times in his entire life, He only logged about 50 games on TWD when he got the score, Also has basically no idea how the code works on the game other than prison multiball and WW Multiball, and hit ramps to kill walkers.

Im wondering if there is a way i can prove his score is not legit by going through the menu. Or do i just have to live with him calling himself champ everytime pinball is mentioned. lol Yes im a bit salty but im fully convinced he cheated. lol

#2975 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Are any of the mode champs set now with his initials?
However, a good combination multiball, mode, horde, etc... can give you a good score.
3 ball or 5 ball game, extra ball or replay settings?
Latest software? (earlier ones had bad scoring on cdc and riot)
That or a flaky switch

Its set to the latest code. And default settings other than that. And yeah hes grand champ.

But he didnt score over 50 million in horde that highscore is still default. He did hit a X-multi shot worth 98 million. he has that record as well.

default settings though so 3 ball game. My thought is he messed with settings (Most likely 10 ball games) Got a high score. then changed settings back.

I thought i had read somewhere that you could break down a highscores game. Something like highlights of the game. And thought i may be able to prove there was trickery somewhere in it. lol

#2976 7 years ago

So what would you expect to pay for a new premium and what is the best place to buy from. I dont think i got the best deal on mine when i got my pro. Kind of a impulse buy.

#2991 7 years ago

from my experience The bubble is touching the top line or just past when at or slightly above 7 degrees. I recently got a gauge so i could tell exactly. And i lowered mine to about 6.5. Measuring from the middle of the playfield. However i may raise it again. Ive been getting balls flying over my paddles off the slingshots.

1 week later
#3008 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Overwatch has a "play of the game" that shows what it determines to be the highlight of each match (usually whoever gets a bunch of kills in a short time period). Maybe have a self-recording pinball machine show that at some point.
Keeping a Blood Bath + mode + one other MB stack going for a while might explain it. I'd think Blood Bath champion or a mode champion score might reflect that.

Yeah im champoin of BB And also champion of most modes. Somebody just said theres a setting where you can change every shot to kill a walker. Thats what he might have done. Because he does hold the walkers killed champion with a whopping 134. changing to 10 ball and with that setting as well. Now im starting to see how he did it. Chances of him as a extreme novice legit scoring 134 walkers is basically non existent.

#3009 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I must confess that, like numerous other converted TWD fans, I really didn't care for this game when it first came out. After hearing all the positive reviews over the past year though, I put in some serious time over a few months on an LE on route near me and gained a new appreciation of TWD's code and gameplay. So much so that I wanted to add one to my collection and I'm now OFFICIALLY in the club as my TWD Premium arrived a few days ago!
Added a few additional mods and did some fine tuning this past weekend - now I just need to raise my TWD skills level as this game has been kicking my ass six ways to Sunday so far!
Much thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a super game and outstanding service as always!

Gratz all the mods look great. Whats the little house?

3 months later
#3566 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

thanks yea I was just reading that, i was thinking about putting a wider rubber sleeve on the post

i left mine unmodded and found if you give the machine a nudge right as it is exiting the pops there. Most of the time it is just fine.

#3573 7 years ago

Ok so question on how to install one of my first mods. Ive never messed with modding a machine before. But people i bought it from said it was very easy. I got a zombie head launcher to replace just the chrome ball. It only came with the rod. They said its a direct replacement of the chrome ball and rod. Any quick DIY tips to throw in before i tackle this.

#3576 7 years ago

I looked at the outside briefly but saw no rubber tip. Im assuming you mean on the inside of the machine. ?

BTW thanks for the quick tips. Hopefully ill get to it tonight.

1 year later
#5820 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

If you’ve tried formatting in fat32 and then placing the bin file in the root of the drive, and your TWD still doesn’t recognize the file, then I suggest trying another usb stick. I had a similar problem when I first tried updating my TWD as well. I tried everything I could think of. In the end I tried a different usb stick and BAM it worked perfectly. I have no explanation as to why one brand/model worked when the other didn’t.
Good luck

This^^^^

#5835 6 years ago

So i decided to upgrade my membership to the TWD Premium Club. I braved a winter storm last night for 7 hour drive 30mph on the highway and howling winds. Just so i could have it for the weekend. Pics incoming. Got my first game in on it after set up and wow. The light show alone is worth the upgrade.

PS ---Any helpful hints on scoring. Like how to use walker bombs. How you get walker bombs. And how many you get etc. Also where to shoot the crossbow>?

1 week later
#5885 6 years ago

on my new premium my prison doors are taking about 4-5 shots to activate. i believe they needed adjusted somehow. ill hit them and nothing. then hit them nothing. then maybe on the third hit they respond.

anyone had to adjust them and how>?

#5889 6 years ago

ugggh i was hoping it was a bit easier. so theres some sort of laser beam thats in front of the doors and thats the trigger>? Its not mechanical.

btw my game is new out of box so id assume it has no cliffy type protector.

PS. i would assume i need the protector for the bicycle girl ramp>? Maybe even the light as well for the bicycle girl. But i havent found the vendor that seels those.

#5893 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There is an opto in front of the doors that triggers the hits.
The bicycle girl light mod is made by pinsider gnassel.
The bicycle girl ramp protector is sold by cliffy.

the bicycle girl ramp protector is a must mod right>? does one just pm "Cliffy"

#5918 6 years ago

ive noticed something else with my new premium. Sometime when i plunge the ball never makes it up to the skill shot area. It ricochetes into the pops. my pro machine never had this issue. Any ideas on what i need to adjust>?

#5922 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm having the same issue with my new Pro.
Not certain, but it seems to happen only/most often when I plunge manually, and not from the auto-plunge.
I was poking around with the glass of yesterday to see if the guide rails near the exit area could be easily bent, but they appear to be in there pretty solid.
Would love to hear others opinion. Otherwise, it'll be a call into Stern to see what they suggest.

same auto plunge is just fine. Ill dig into it tonight and check the tip of the manual plunger like suggested.

#5958 6 years ago

Agreed that painted WW looks dope.

However i was unable to find a solution to the plunge problem either. While i was tinkering with it, i could only see maybe figuring out a way to bend that lane guide a bit like said above might be the only solution.

1 year later
#7837 4 years ago

Alright I have had my TWD premium for awhile now. Ive never tried to address this frustrating issue ive had out of the box.

#1 The skill shot plunge. about 75% of the time my plunge gets hung up in the pop bumbers. Never makes it to the inlanes. I havent really tried anything. The plunger appears to be alligned correctly. I guess i could attempt to bend the lane guides in the shooter lane. Mianly curious if this problem has popped up already in this thread.

#2 My crossbow only rotates halfway. Then returns.

11 months later
#9117 3 years ago

So long shot

But i screwed up a color dmd install on my machine. Installed the ribbon cable backwards and also wrong power source. I know im stupid.

The ribbon cable sparked and smoked i switched the machine back off after 1-2 seconds once i saw the spark.

I installed a new ribbon cable and the dmd correctly.

And the machine wont boot. When switched on now the top left board lights up. Accessory power items light up. (Speaker lights and under cab lights) But the only play field lights are the two tiny red lights right in front of the Prison.

Just wanted to ask here before i sent the cpu board out for repair.

Maybe theres something else i should here first. I checked the fuses on the top left board as well. While they were in the machine though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bgwilly31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.