IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1017 8 years ago

I just joined the club! Such a great game!

#1035 8 years ago

im having what I think is a problem sometime I shot the ball through the riot shot and it doesn't register that I've made a kill (where the insert turns off) I think unless I hit the tower switch behind the pops. For that shot do I only have to hit the switch through the that lane or do I have to hit the tower switch as well? I just smashed on a few games this past hour! Such a great games! Fast furious and the lighting awesome too! Thank you layman again!

#1045 8 years ago

How do you accumulate walker bombs? I keep forgetting about them but managed to save my game once and start WWMB

#1047 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You have to qualify prison, well walker, or horde to get their respectful walker bomb. I.e. Start clear the prison yard to qualify prison walker bombs; prison bombs are then accumulated by the first aide insert - I.e. When all 3 drop targets are up, hit any drop target when the first aide insert is flashing, that'll lock the first aid insert then complete the rest of the drops to collect the walker bomb. Sounds more confusing than it is.

DAMN that's not easy!! But what in this game is? Any tips on hitting those drops?

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bank off of WW, nudge ever so slightly off of slings and practice that right flipper shot.

Damn! Practice, practice, practice! My current Walker kill high is 45

2 weeks later
#1126 8 years ago

Damn I've been looking for some isn't like this!

1 month later
#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's a tough one. Id probably go with the theme that speaks the loudest to you. MET and TWD (both premium) are my only two pins and it would be tough to say which one I prefer. Both I love for different reasons. I hate WOZ theme so I'll never get it, so unless you are a wizard of oz fan id skip that machine.
MET does well with non casual pinball players as they are immediately excited to play and it's easy to figure out.
TWD isn't immediately appreciated because it's very tough to get to the "good stuff"
If playing on your own a lot id choose TWD because it has the "one more game" feel more then MET, but in a different frustrating way. When I go to play my machines I almost always hit TWD first.

Im sorry mate but that's just closed minded as all get out! My WOZ sits right next to my walking dead and xmen. At the moment I play woz and twd 95% of the time splitting 50/50 time share between the two games.

Yes WOZ is a completely different theme but it's an awesome game! Everything is well thought of. My only real gripe with the game is that if you're walking up to it for the first time you have to look at the screen to tell you what to do. They playfield doesn't really tell you that. The attention to detail with The sounds is amazing. It's certainly one of my favourite games. Play one before saying oh no the theme isn't for me because you'll be missing out on an awesome game if you don't!

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are right, maybe I am being a bit close-minded. I haven't played the game but if I ever get the chance I'll try and be open minded about it. It does look pretty cool with the big LCD and crazy lights on the play field... Who knows, maybe I'll like it even though the theme isn't my thing.

The only thing I'll say is you have to play it with someone who knows what they're doing so they can show you how to play it and then you'll enjoy it. It's not like any stern or bw game where you can shoot a whole bunch of stuff and start a mode or a multiball. You've got to know what to shoot and when to shoot it to get places. And I'll say whole heartily that I wanted so much to like it (it looks amazing and the sounds are awesome!) but know what to do and continually getting rubbish scores like 20-50k just never did anything for me because I didn't get anywhere in the game. It wasn't until I played it with a friend who went out you've got to, short example,
hit the winged monkey targets
capture Dorothy on the loop where the winged monkey comes and collects your ball
Spell rescue
Bash door down and shoot ball into scoop behind door
All those above steps allows you to start rescue multiball! Like serious how the heck is anyone meant to know that stepping up to the machine!

But I digress I love my TWDLE it's not going anywhere anytime soon!

#1578 8 years ago

Looks awesome!

2 weeks later
#1900 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

For anyone interested I just switched over my flipper bats, trying translucent red and solid red with poly black bands, the translucent looks great in person, gonna go with them!
flip_(resized).jpg

I assume the translucent is on the left?

#1985 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just picked up a TWD LE. Without going through all 40 pages. Is there a good video tutorial of premium/LE?
Thx. Great pin!

Theres the Bowen tutorial on the pro so you get 90% of the gameplay just without the walkers bombs and the few extras the prem/Le have

1 month later
#2438 8 years ago

Just got to Horde and holy snapping duck do! It's awesome! I've been a Woodbury shot away 2 or 3x from memory and had it ready second ball and was crapping myself hoping not to choke and nailed it! 227.5mil later and I'd crapped out on horde and set a new GC on my game mind that game was after 10x 10-20 mil games if I was lucky! Thanks Lyman for this code it's sweet as bro!

#2439 8 years ago

Forgot to add Lyman for the W!

1 week later
#2536 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

anyone ever have a prison opto problem. my "sender" doesn't seem to be sending. does its mini board look ok?

image_(resized).jpg

They always look ok just replace it was a new one and you will be ready to kill walkers again

1 week later
#2621 7 years ago

Got to horde again last night damn it was a rush! I didn't even know it was ready to start until I accidentally hit Woodberry to start it

3 months later
#3213 7 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Hi guys,
New member of the club here . Recently picked up a Premium NIB . Actually less Premiums in Australia than LE's . For me it was a no-brainer for the Premium . I'm usually a LE guy but the cabinet artwork on the LE just didn't appeal to me .
Couple of quick questions to other owners :
As I'm still figuring out the rules as I go , once you make the shots to kill walkers , how do they re-light ? It's probably come up on the DMD but I'm too busy keeping the ball in play to have noticed it .
Also the skill shot is a little confusing to me as it seems to award various amounts . I'm trying to launch the ball so it goes over BOTH rollovers when lit and then into the lit lane ( change-able with the flippers ) . Is this the shot that awards the most points ?
I also have a request from anybody who has the PinGraffix blood spatter decals installed . I was thinking that the set came pre-shaped to fit certain areas of the game but rather comes as a series of strips etc. . It looks as though you can mix and match to put them wherever you like but it's a bit confusing . Anybody have any clear photos of where they mounted theirs ? The pics on the website don't show much info . And do they stick to the topside of the ramp ( with the ball rolling over them and possibly wearing over time ) or underneath the ramp ?
Is anybody else also getting air balls off the right ramp ? I had a ULEK railroad sign that I ended up mounting on the far right side on the return of the left ramp . I put it there as it lined up better with the railroad artwork better than near the pop bumpers . It only lasted half a game as an air ball from the right ramp jumped over and smashed it . The air balls are usually if it's hit hard and on the fly from the left flipper usually after a Tunnel / Terminus shot ( right loop ) . Is this a common thing and if so what have people done to remedy it .
Thanks in advance . This is an awesome game . I played a pro on-site for a while and it didn't seem like anything special but when I got the chance to play a LE it felt like a different game with the extra features and the light show . Made my choice towards a Premium easy .

I'm 90% sure the kills relight after your next kill shot. So if you hit cdc for a kill then you hit riot cdc will relight. Kind of like iron man and the drone targets.

#3214 7 years ago

And yes both light roll overs and the light inlane will give you maximum skill shot

1 month later
#3454 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

With CDC it is better to shoot the ramp a few times before shooting any of the other shots. Once you shoot another shot the CDC value is locked.
So the way I play CDC is to start the mode. Then shoot the ramp about 5 or 6 more times. Then shoot the other shots and then finally shoot the ramp again (hopefully with a multiplier lit) to finish the mode. Hundreds of millions available from this mode.

I like doing that too and try to keep the mode rolling by clearing all the shots and going again! Lyman has absolutely crushed this game!

#3477 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

In the club (again). Owned a pro last year and vowed to get another one down the track.

What do you thi going pro to premium? Personally I think the jump is well worth the investment

1 month later
#3708 7 years ago

I just want to reiterate how awesome this game is! Got to horde on second ball (3rd time ever for me I think) and proceeded to score just under 400mil (great game for me, most are 5-50m). This game is seriously the whole package, light it's got it, dots it's got it, gameplay got it in hordes shots are oh so satisfying! A huge thank you to Borg and Sheets for this game!

#3748 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.
How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

Pro is a good game but the LE/Prem are great games! I like the crossbow I like the extra difficulty with the extra magnet and drop target at Woodbury, walker bombs are great and can extend a ball longer but by certainly no means make the game "easy" like some have said, and I like the infrequent use of bicycle girl paired with the lighting mod! You want regret either pin but the prem/Le is the better game IMO. Light show is awesome too as it just just gets you more into that world too

1 month later
#3888 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who sells this "HITCHHIKERS MAY BE ESCAPING INMATES" sign?

Mezelmods

2 months later
#4331 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ColorDMD
Gnassel bicycle girl mod
Shaker
I'd also recommend Cleland/RandomKG Radiohead/NIN sound package (free and excellent!) and extended ramp flap (medium).

If these were the only mods you did you'd be a happy camper

2 weeks later
#4391 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I have shot the Woodbury shot before and not been awarded it although the Extra Ball light remains lit on the shot and I can shoot it in there again to get the Extra Ball. Can't say I have ever noticed it not giving an awarded Extra Ball.

Generally that's when you're in multiball and the balls are first ejecting you don't get credit for the Woodbury shot hence not recieving the extra ball

#4392 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Another possible explanation to not being awarded extra balls (in the form of an extra ball) . Maybe its set to points through a tournament setting.

And there's this too

#4423 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

After owning XMLE and STLE I had a fear of Lonnie doing the code for AS (read bad things about Kiss code).
I'm a little gun shy until the code is done.

Don't believe everything you read about kiss the code is solid but not spectacular. Xmen and st are both pretty good right now too

2 months later
#4651 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

A super fast clean shot thru tunnel strikes fear into the hearts of men... do I flail? Do I try to let it bounce? Just close your eyes and hold your breath lol

Live catch or a drop catch will do the trick... now only if I could do that...

1 month later
#4833 6 years ago

For those that don't have a colourdmd in their machine you 100% have to get one. It's fking awesome!! I clean my machines once a year before my league meet so I'd say every 100-300 plays. But I've had this game about a year and I'm still loving it! In that love hate relationship we all have with this game

2 years later
#9082 3 years ago

I played a few games last night and I had never had a combo greater than a two way but by some miracle I scored a 6 way combo!!! All shots on the right side of course but damn that felt good!

6 months later
#9631 3 years ago

Where does one purchase this AWESOME translite?

55BBB7D0-12BD-4AD7-BB5E-D1A43EF42F5F (resized).png55BBB7D0-12BD-4AD7-BB5E-D1A43EF42F5F (resized).png
1 year later
#10607 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Thank you Mike for your positive words. I am always very happy when everything works and you like it. Have fun!
Frank

Love your mod Gnassel. I like how you easily customised it to my liking too. Definitely a must have for all twd premium or Le’s

10 months later
#11140 1 year ago

Has any got these on their Prem/LE and can offer a review? Good or bad. At near $60 aud it’s an expensive mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1268-3d-tech-pinball-parts/03969-walking-dead-premium-or-le-bicycle-girl-ramp-post-diverter

#11150 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

My plastic on the left ramp broke too. I made a new one and then i stuck a little piece of dead ball foam to the underside of the rubber stopper the ramp flap hits so it effectively stops the flap just a bit early and keeps it from slaming up into the plastic.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I just think I get too many cheap drains off the left post when I’m trying to complete bicycle girl.

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Thx for the take. Def looking at the prem for both. I want the extra stuff in twd. JP flow and shots seem really good but I’m leaning TWD for the code.

I’ve got both and for me Twd is my #1 pin and will be the last to leave if all of a sudden I HAD to sell everything and even then maybe a kidney first… The code is off chops and I love me a Borg layout. I prefer the premium/Le for both games. Jp because you get the moving head and raising gate. And twd you get the crossbow which is fun, the raising ramp for another bash toy, another fu in the ass magnet, and colour changing leds which makes for an easier read for what to do. Twd every day of the week and twice on sundays.

2 months later
#11306 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would be buying it for yourself. It is an awesome game. One of Sterns best in my opinion. Hoarde mode is one of the best modes in pinball. RIP Lyman.

For me horse is the best mode ever in pinball. It’s closely followed by final battle in tmnt

1 month later
#11352 11 months ago

Got to horde this morning man that gets the blood PUMPING!!! RIP Lyman you’re the man.

#11368 11 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Selling a NLA drop target light mod. $30 including shipping.
I wanted to use this on our Premium machine, but seemingly the mezelmods illuminated drop target kit mod is only usable on a Pro machine, so I am selling the one that I have in my parts stash. You will need to procure three translucent targets that are available in a few places.
vid’s review: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translucent-drop-targets-from-pinball-mods-vid-s-review
You’ll also want to replace the three 555-style LEDs in the respective inserts to match the ones used in the bulb bracket.
Here is a video of what the mod looks like when installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work on a premium. Did they mention why? There’s nothing really in that area that would differ

1 week later
#11388 11 months ago

I choked with horde lit this morning was so annoyed! Damn this is the best game!

4 weeks later
#11442 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I know TWD is no twilight zone when it comes to a game with a lot of mods but it’s gotta be top 10 in games people like to shove shit into!

It’s basically my only game that I’ve really put mods into

#11468 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks for your input, PinPickle. I'm tempted to try mirrors, but, to my surprise, I'm finding the plain black of the cabinet not objectionable. I've got used to it.

I’ve got the barbed wire fence mod it looks fantastic.

#11470 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wait, you have the OG fence mod from Pinball Refinery? The one with the EL coil? Nice!

Yeah it’s pretty awesome. It only took me 6 years to install…

#11471 10 months ago

The fence mod looks awesome

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 months later
#11594 7 months ago

For those frustrated with the feed when the bicycle girl ramp is up. I recently got the mod that smooths out that section of the bicycle girl area and it makes a massive difference. The mod also helps a good cause. If you’re on the fence about getting one they really help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1268-3d-tech-pinball-parts/03969-walking-dead-premium-or-le-bicycle-girl-ramp-post-diverter

#11599 7 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

This^ I have been meaning to post a similar update. When I first got my game several weeks back, I had a 100% rejection rate on the left ramp. After a few games I had to stop and do some research to figure it out. I ended up addressing three specific problems that result in rejected shots; The flap entrance, the side to side slop of the lift mech and the transition between the lift section and the static ramp. The fixes were as follows;
1) I added a ramp flap extender. To be fair it seems this was part of the refinery build but it somehow came undone it got lodged under the lift section. Once I noticed this I dug it out and I installed it. This made a big improvement off the bat. It seems these are not made anymore?
2) For the side to side slop, I read some folks used small rubber rings on the pivot pins to tighten things up. I didn't have any handy, so instead found some o-rings that fit. I just kept adding them until the gap between ramp plastic and the pivot pin e-clip was filled. The side to side wobble robs momentum from the ball.
3) As EEE mentioned above, the transition point between the lift plastic and the static ramp is not aligned with the static ramp sitting a little bit higher. The ball basically hits a speed bump to get onto the upper portion of the ramp. I removed both supporting hex posts and cut off about 3-4mm. That was enough to bring the static ramp down and create a nice smooth transition. The ball flies over the junction without any loss in speed.
These three changes completely resolved all rejections and has made the left ramp a joy to shoot and can even be backhanded if hit cleanly.

FOff you can back hand that ramp!! Time to buy some shorter posts!! That’s awesome sauce!

1 week later
#11604 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I've owned a Pro and now LE. I personally found the pro easier. That lifting ramp and extra magnet just put you in more danger.
The bomb is great, but for me, the Pro just flowed better.

The drop target in front of the Woodberry shots a killer too

1 month later
#11663 4 months ago

I’ll just leave this here for everyone to appreciate.

Horde is the greatest mode in pinball EVER! Ever!

#11668 4 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It's definitely up there, which is saying a LOT.
I'd put it up there with some of the greatest such as:
- Battle for the Kingdom (Medieval Madness)
- Destroy the Ring (LOTR)
- Escape Nublar (Jurassic Park)
- Last Man Standing (TWD)
Yup, I put one more TWD mode in my list, which shows the brilliance of Lyman.
I think that there are also modes in Attack from Mars, and Monster Bash worth mentioning, but I tried to keep the list short.

I have never gotten to LMS so I can’t say. But hordes better than destroy the ring. Whilst destroy the ring is awesome it doesn’t have the same feeling as horde. DTR is great don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t have that constant pressure on you. The music and sound effects during horde just keep you in a state of wtf!

1 month later
#11700 3 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Picked a Premium up last night and this fence mod came with it, uninstalled. Anyone have an idea where to connect it?
[quoted image]

If it’s the same mod as mine contact HemiOrange09 or pm your email I’ve got the instructions

1 month later
#11744 54 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I have an issue where the well walker will go off from hits from behind when the ball is dropping from the prison or the pops. Sometimes it registers a hit when the shaker motor has gone off. Seems way too sensitive. Could that be the micro switch is going bad. I looked it over tonight and diode is attached and all wires look good. Thinking it maybe the switch. Had a bad one on my 24 suitcase where there are 3 in a row.

Take the glass off and bang the playfield near the WW and that’ll tell you how close the switch is to activating.

1 month later
#11795 6 days ago

FINALLY joined the billion club!! Start of ball 3 I was 997m end of ball 3 1.006b lol! This is the best game ever thank you John Borg, Lyman and everyone else who touched this game to make it amazing!! Should be pinside #1

IMG_8670 (resized).jpegIMG_8670 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.