Topic Stats

• 8,276 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 4 years ago

I don't think it affects some other values as well such as combos.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have another LE/premium rules question. When the left orbit is lit, there is some kind of flame thrower bonus that goes up every time you hit the spinner. How do you cash this in?

Woodbury shot to collect. Hit the WB drop target to start. Build the JP by hitting the spinner, collect it by hitting WB. Value you get is displayed first after you make the WB shot. Then it does the WB mode.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cool. Thanks! Can you combine it with the inlane multiplier?

Not sure off the top of my head, but there seem to be a few things that the inlane multiplier do not affect. Combos being one. I think spinner JP as another.

I think / hope Lyman will be touching up the multiplier rules in the next update.

3 months later
#300 4 years ago

Stern just said today on Facebook that they are making more toppers.

Congrats on the purchase RobT! Let's hope we get a code update soon...

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I thought this was to be a limited run?

On facebook, someone asked the question "can you make a few more toppers?". Stern responded:

STERN PINBALL, INC. yes we are!
Like · 2 · 21 hrs

3 months later
#441 4 years ago

That's the gist of the rules. Two strategy things that I would add are (a) hitting the targets beside the prison and then the tower to light double scoring (do it again to add time to DS) and (b) killing zombies and deciding when to cash in a shot multiplyer at the inlane. These add some great risk reward and decision making, but decisions seem to have to be made really quickly. Sometimes almost impossibly in the mayhem that is multiball.

Siege is also a great mode along with Horde. Too bad you went pro as the lighting on a premium / LE in Horde is so cool. LMS is still to come.

I think the beauty of the game is in stacking (getting prison MB with a mode (can be before or after the MB is started, then get BB going, add an an add a ball in BB level 2, playfield and shot doublers going, and then making your mode points = zen and ridiculous sweet scores), and in the brutality of the gameplay (trying to survive). Overly complex rules would be lost on a game with short ball durations (similar to Tron / IM).

My two cents.

#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As always, think you nailed it Apollyon! Looking forward to that kind of stacking. Now if I can just get to Canada someday to buy you a drink and ruin your pins with my initials

If / when you make it here, I'm afraid that drinks will be on me. As far as the high scores go, I have resigned myself to the fact that I am an average pin player at best. Purpledrillmonkey has already stained most of my games with his high score stank. No reason to deny you the privilege of erasing all of my initials off my games.

#453 4 years ago

I have a fridge full of cold Canadian grade beverages in the gameroom, and a guest room right beside it (if you're a lightweight and can't pace yourself).

#454 4 years ago

And RobT, you may as well drag your butt up here with SKB. That way I can ensure that none of my games have my initials on them.

We do have one of the largest malls, one of the longest river trail systems, outstanding summer and winter festivals, and are only 3-4 hours from the best mountains in the world.

Plus, with our dollar completely in the shitter, its almost free for you to come here.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I've been whacking at this thing for months and need to learn the rules. What were the two green arrow inserts that popped up on me last night? I'm used to red, white and blue ones.
They startled me so much I drained immediately so have no idea.
So far my high score is 550K.

Victory laps after you collect the WW super jackpot in WW multiball.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yes 550M, in budget season right now at work and used to the K's.
More questions, how do I actually cash in the WW jackpot? Haven't figured that one out yet either.

After you start WW MB, then I think it is a certain number of switch hits which will light WW. Hit WW to collect 1 letter. Do that again 3 more times (4 total - i.e. spell WELL). I think that's it.

#479 4 years ago

New code out -1.41

1 week later
#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think so. At least not that I've noticed with all the research I've been doing on this pin lately. I think the ppl who bash it the most are those, like me, who wanted to buy but saw so many issues with the xbow, bicycle girl, code, and theme integration, that it was destined to get hated on. But Lyman single handedly saved this game from drowning after his own admission on the lack of attention stern gave it. That, coupled with Milhouse + Cleland sound editing has revived this pin.
All that said; I have a premium on order now thanks to Lyman, but are prem owners still having issues with their bg ramp? I thought stern fixed this? Guess I'll find out.

I've had no issues with my BG ramp on my LE after adding Stern's fix (foam pads). Flows great.

I also recently Checked for wear on the playfield after months of ownership and mine is still pristine. I did originally add a couple more small pieces of mylar in the areas where the ramp touches the playfield which I think would be prudent for you too.

1 month later
#667 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Kinda wish there was a spinner jackpot champion. I just hit it for 55M lol!

Wow! But no big surprise coming from you. Did you get all the issues ironed out in your game?

1 month later
#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know it was discussed earlier, but has anyone played with getting to siege yet on new code? Since the latest update, I got the prison mb super jackpot twice (in two separate games). I have t done off glass testing yet, but I'm thinking you have to get the super twice in one game which means you'd have to get it in two (or more) separate multiballs as after you get a super it switches to victory laps.

12 prison jackpots to qualify Siege. It is an adjustable setting in the menus.

1 month later
#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Anyone with some tech insight and help as to how my horde insert lights up fine in attract mode, but wont come on when its activated during play on completing the weapons?
Woodbury flasher and insert do work as they Should indicating mode start is active.

I can confirm that mine is the same. Lights up in attract mode, but not when Horde is ready to start or when the mode is running. Tested this last night. Must be a bug in the code.

#1338 3 years ago

Just like in this video. 4:58 its ready to go, and 6:40 when the mode starts. No light lit.

1 week later
#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

TWD LE owner here. ZERO regrets. It is currently my favourite game in my collection. It would be last to leave (with Met prem and Tron - those are my current top 3). I have no issues at all with how long the ball is in the pops. It is just a moment to relax given the frenetic pace of the rest of the game (with no scoop or anything else to slow the game play down). If you like fast, brutal games with great immersion (sound, music, rules) and stacking then get one. I would take it every time over WOZ and Hobbit. I love LOTR as a theme and as a pinball game. But when I played the Hobbit at Expo, I was very unimpressed. The game just did not grab me at all with how it shot. It is gorgeous to look at and the sounds are great, but the gameplay was meh at best. Just my 2 cents.

1 month later
#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

For the love of God do it. It looks SOOOO much better than stock. And its interactive and well built.

I tried three different versions of BG lights and Gnassels was the best by far IMO.

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sorry, I spend all my money on acrylic washers.

MWFL!

1 week later
#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I own a TWD premium and would like to add the Bicycle Girl Ramp Lighting mod, does any one know the cost of Gnassel's mod?
Also, are there any other suppliers selling a similar mod?
Thanks!

If there is anyone out there on the fence with respect to Gnassels BG light... get off your ass and buy it. It is extremely well built, works exactly the way it should have from the factory, makes a bland area of the playfield brighter and interactive, and he has improved its function from his earlier version. Seriously it is well worth the cost. Its a MUST have mod for a TWD prem / LE.

3 months later
#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Took my membership up a notch yesterday. I thought this game was awesome in Pro form. The Premium, faaaaark!! My one capitulation to the ass whipping this thing hands me is that I carry over the lit dead features ball to ball. Sue me suckers!

All you need is an LE to complete the collection!

2 weeks later
#3235 3 years ago

I love real knockers. And fake ones too for that matter. A man-made lake is still a lake!

1 month later
4 months later
#4146 2 years ago

I thought Keith said in the video he did where he completed LMS that the game score resets at around 6 bil.

1 month later
#4424 2 years ago

I believe Xmen was Waison. On that one there was very weak code for A LONG time, but they at least delivered in the end. As it sits now it is very well done save for the fact that once you get to DR/DP the game is basically over.

3 months later
#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

I have Tron and Ironman (both known as punishing games) as well as TWD but neither comes close to the unforgiving nature of TWD. I swear there are magnets pulling the ball into the outlanes. Get ready to spread your cheeks and lift your sack.

10 months later
#6482 1 year ago

634 total games played.

82 free plays have been earned (i.e. matches, high scores).

3 months later
#6963 12 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can someone tell me what retracts the plunger in the crossbow on the premium/LE? It seems like sometimes my plunger hangs up and when the ball gets diverted into the crossbow, the ball doesn’t drop all the way in because the plunger isn’t all the way retracted. When I manually push the plunger back and forth there doesn’t appear to be a spring or anything that retracts it.

This is a common occurrence on my machine, usually when I shoot the crossbow and get another arena shot quickly. As game time passes, it tends to go down gradually. I just try to nudge the machine when the ball hits it to push it down more. I try to clean the plunger regularly with some novus and that seems to help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside