IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2577 8 years ago

I just got a WD Pro and I absolutely love it! One quick question for you guys, how steep do you have you have your playfield angle set at? Mine is at about 6.6 degrees, is that about right or do I need to go a little steeper you think?

#2588 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems 6.8-7 works best for twd bc its cuts out a lot of the cheap drains from the pops..

Im guessing evryone is in the 6.5-7.0 range, but I was hoping to hear a few more responses from other people. Come on guys, tell us what you have your playfield angle set at! I know its amazing how much just a couple degrees can change the gameplay of a machine. It can mean the difference between being a boring game or a kick azz game thats a blast to play.

#2590 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you go back in this thread it was gone over between a bunch of us and 6.8- 7.0 was what most people said was best ....

Oh ok, I dont remember reading it I guess. Thanks for replying though. I think im going to raise mine up to 6.8 and see what happens. Its at like 6.6 now and playing so good that I hate to touch it but I can always put it back if needed. I was having a lot of drains from the right ramp and I tweaked the leveling a little bit and it made a huge difference in thd ball drains coming from the right ramp. I love TWD, it is such an awesome machine!

#2593 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Are you talking about drains from the right/arena ramp if it doesn't go all the way around?
The trick it to give it an upward nudge just as its coming back down, right at the beginning of the ramp so it makes the ball go back to the left flipper.

Im sorry, I shouldn't have said the right ramp. I meant when the ball comes down from the pop bumbers.

#2595 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

7 degree pitch. And slightly higher on the left.

Thanks for the reply......much appreciated!

#2605 8 years ago

Wow.....I know that you posted this a long time ago but I just gotta tell you that this machine is awesome. I love all the mods that you have done and the little walking dead characters that you put all over inside the machine. Care to share where you got them at? Oh yea, and what a bad azz topper also!

#2609 8 years ago

On my machine when the ball drop down from the left lane after you plunge it, the pop bumber doesn't always fire. After looking at it there is a screw in the playfield in front of the pop bumber and I think that the ball is hitting that instead of the pop bumber. Does your guys machine have this screw in the playfield? What is it even there for? Kind of frustrating.....

#2611 8 years ago

I just talked to Stern technical support......very nice fellow by the way, and he said that the ball was getting stuck there and that was their fix to prevent that from happening. He said you can adjust the pop bumber so its more sensitive or maybe tighten the screw down a little more or even remove it and see if is a problem or not without the screw in there. Id say this is only a problem on my machine about 20% of the time but id rather it didn't happen at all.

4 months later
#3282 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I'm not sure if its my head or what but lately after a few hundred plays the pops don't seem to be quite as active as they were and my flippers seem weak. Ive tried to analyze it but cant really put my finger on it, out of the box the pops used to fire off like crazy, now sometimes the ball will roll through the pops hitting them and not even activate them. my shots from my flippers seem weak as well.

If its the pop bumper on top it is normal for it not to fire all the time. There was a screw put in the playfield right in front of the pop bumber because the ball was getting stuck there sometimes and that was Sterns fix for that. It used to piss me off but It doesn't bother me anymore. Your flippers shouldn't be getting weak since you just bought the machine. I did however just put new flipper rubbers on my machine that has 800-900 plays on it and I am amazed at how much better the game plays now. The flipper rubbers gradually went dead and it was unnoticeable how bad that they had gotten.

1 week later
#3348 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is anyone's game set up to only allow you to light and start modes outside of multiball?

Thats a good question? I think I can start modes in multiball if im not mistaken? There is so much going on during multiball that I cant remember lol.

#3350 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every TWD ive ever played you can start modes whenever. However, the one here at the CLE PIN tournament only lets you start them when not in a multiball. Brutal!

That would definitely change things for sure. Good luck in the tourney! Watch out for Scott, hes pretty good!

1 week later
#3402 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Page 2 in your manual shows how to get into the switch test. Page 9 has more details about the test.
Step 1 Press [SELECT]
Step 2 With the "DIAG" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 3 With the "SW" Icon hightlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 4 With the "TEST" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]
Page 10 shows your switch matrix. Well Walker is switch 2. Verify this by manually activating your Well Walker. Note the switch that shows on your DMD when doing so.
Next, nudge or slap your machine a bit and see if the Well Walker switch is activating. If it is, you know the switch needs adjusting. If it's a different switch, look at your switch matrix and page 11 in your manual. Figure out the location of the malfunctioning switch and adjust it.

Good information, thanks for posting this!

#3404 7 years ago

Congrats! Thats two awesome pins there now. Pop a GB and a GOT in there with them and you're set for life!

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from jhamm72:

Hello everyone. Getting my TWD pin delivered soon. This will
be my first Sterns. It will also be my newest pin. I love the early SS machines and currently own a Gorgar and I am currently shopping out a BK. TWD already has several mods. Thought I would share one pic to the group. I am a
newbie to the hobby, so I am will apologize in advance for all the questions. I look forward to reading future posts on this forum.
Jen

That machine looks fantastic Jhamm, congrats!

1 week later
#3465 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Got my new TWD Premium yesterday from JJ. The playfield is excellent.

Congrats! You are going to love it

#3508 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

reading into the rules last night i never realized you could gain letters for PRISON by also hitting the shots lit with red arrows, that changes things for me quite a bit.
the drain from pop bumpers and STDM from prison are killing me, i think i read somewhere that people were adjusting the table tilted 2 degrees to the left to fix this?

When the magnet catches your ball and you see the zombie get a crowbar to the head on the DMD, flip your flippers and the magnet will sling the ball to the right or to the left 90 percent of the time. If you wait for the magnef to release the ball on its own, it sends the ball straight down the middle a lot of times.

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Can you not change it in the settings ? I know a few Stern games have that option.

Yes you can change it in the settings

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you have a shaker installed in your WD ?
I'm not really a fan of shakers but this might be a game that suits it. When does it kick in ?

I do have one on my WD and it truly adds to the game so much that its unbelievable. I also have a shaker installed on my GOT machine and its well implemented on that game as well. Its money well spent believe me and you wont regret it.

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I ended up adding the iron main Drain fix at Bottom of my right ramp , so far so good.
75 cent fix. It's a shame shipping was 9 bucks, but that just made me buy some other stuff to make the shipping worth it.

When the ball comes down the ramp all you gotta do is give it a little nudge and it wont drain. My biggest complaint is the left outlane. It seems like 95 balls out of 100 will drain when they go to the left side. I think theres a way you can open it up but I want to keep the stock settings so I can can brag about my score if I get big one.

1 month later
#3798 7 years ago

Those are lit from Multi-kill shots.
Rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4
"MultiKill
The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:
Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."

I don't really know all the rules well but on my machine I am pretty sure it takes 4 shots to the CDC ramp to light the multi kill light?

#3803 7 years ago

Do some testing and update the rules doc if you find errors. It probably was two in one version of the software.

I was confused I think. I was thinking the yellow multi kill light. I have to make 4 CDC ramp shots to light that yellow light up. I think the rules mean 2 shots to light the weapons lights by the Horde insert in the middle of the play field. If I make four CDC ramp shots the yellow multi kill light come on, if I hit the CDC ramp again I collect a multi kill and then another yellow multi kill will light up on one of the other ramps. Does that sound right?

#3806 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Holy shit finally got to Horde. TWD as officially become the favourite game in my collection

Horde mode is awesome! I've only been there once myself lol.

3 weeks later
#3874 7 years ago

Thanks for the vids crwjumper and that's an amazing game you had! I'll never get to see them on my machine that's for damn sure. Hell I'll probably never get to see Horde mode again. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never get to last man standing!

#3878 7 years ago

Where you getting the figurines at Beez? They look cool! Are the attached to the little screws in the plastics to hold them in place?

#3892 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I will be joining the walking dead club soon. Got a deposit down with JJ at game exchange just in time before the price of games go up. Can't wait to get this game in my gameroom.

Good choice, you wont be disappointed!

1 week later
#3919 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

After hitting 114 walkers once and 113 walkers once... finally after 2,5 years I reached Last Man Standing!
Very nice mode, worth lots of points! (3balls factory settings, extra's enabled (25 kills, 60kills and 10 lit tower hits)
The bonus burning pile is also a nice touch

Nice job! What was your score? Do you have a Pro or Premium model?

#3921 7 years ago

Game is a pro.
Finished abit above 2Billion. Last man standing was worth 492M. Could have played it better but was too excited
There is so much potential in this game on the scoring part that I always leave the game thinking "that mode could have scored a lot bigger if I didn't miss the multiplied shot (with double playfield) I had setup ".

Dang dude that is one hell of a game, especially on a Pro model with no cheater bombs! I've only got like 351 million and have never seen LMS and probably never will. When I got my 351 million I felt like I had been in a fight after I had finished, I can only imagine what you felt like. I'd have to call 911 after a 2 billion plus game lol.

#3925 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I feel the exact same way. I own a Premium, and my best game is 325 million. I was saved by a Walker/Cheater bomb that led to a Prison multiball. The 'fighter' aspect you mention I totally understand. I had my fiancee watching, and before I plunged the first ball, in quasi-Babe Ruth-fashion, I said "I'm resetting Grand Champ this game". Did it. To be fair, I say that about half the time I play.

Actually what I meant was by the time you get done with a 300 million plus game, (on a pro anyway, not sure about a Premium) you feel like you have been in a fight physically lol because when you put up 300 million on a WD Pro you are working the hell out of that machine for a good while. Your adrenaline also gets pumping pretty hard because you got such a good game going that you get really serious and put everything that you can into it to try to score as high as you can. I'm getting old also, so it don't take much to make me tired anymore.

It's kind of weird because my best game I didn't even get Horde mode. I had it lit and couldn't make the shot to start it. I've only been in Horde once and I failed miserably at it and I ended up with 330 million on that game.

#3962 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have put about 30-40 plays on a prem I just took in on a temp trade and I haven't even sniffed horde. I think someone said horde is similar in difficulty to getting HOTK on GOT. Not true. Haha

Of someone really said that they are smoking crack!

#3968 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Back in stock if you need one!

Where at?

#4024 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just had my best game yet. This game is incredible!! Didn't think I could like the game any more but in the home setting it's so much better!

Did you do that with the glass on or off?

#4030 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Would like to join your club but I am short one Walking Dead Pro, please help me join this club by PM. Thanks.

Stern has plenty of them?

#4032 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Finally got to Horde tonight, the next time I do I'll be sure to watch the playfield this time

Lol no doubt

1 week later
#4110 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

This is a direct replacement of that bash toy. This Zombie has been modified and all hand painted for added gore. Highly detailed with plenty of blood and guts, this new exciting feature on your game that really stands out and has that custom look. The new Zombie leans back just like the Well Walker when it is hit. Installation takes about 15 minutes (a nut and a couple of screws at the hinge mount). Very durable material. Approximately 5 inches tall. Visit our site for this and many other more mods at http://www.modfatherpinball.com
Limited quantities...

Wow, that's very cool!

1 week later
#4201 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

Should be a very simple decision Jon. TWD is way way better than BM66 will ever be!

3 weeks later
#4309 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Game room guys gave me a line of bs when I called them about the missing art this morning , they said the box comes direct from stern so it was stern fault. Ummmm so why is there a signed packing slip in the box from game room guys then? I'm so annoyed I should have just bought them from pinball life , these guys are saying they have to get a warrenty replacement from stern and "eventually " I'll get a new Set. I'm going to just request a refund and buy again elsewhere. Lesson learned.

Hell yeah, I'd never buy from them again ever! That's BS big time.

#4320 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I tried to get a refund initiated through my online account but got no response back today, I also sent a follow up email to the sales manager that I had been speaking with the day prior requesting to initiate a refund , no reply. So I gave them a call before they closed today , I was told if I wanted a refund I'd have to ship the item back on my own dime, and eat the shipping fee I paid originally , I asked why I would have to pay for a mistake that wasn't any of my doing and they told me that was the policy and they don't refund shipping costs.
Kind of rediculous really I mean the 15$ isn't the end of the world but it kind of sucks to pay for someone else's mistake, they also claim the item is now out of stock , there website says it's in stock , there amazon says 2 available, and they also have it listed on eBay, so are they just dicking me around? Or are they selling product they don't really have on hand? . I'm going to ship the one blade i received back to them on my dime, hopefully they just refund me and I can move on

I would ship it back with a big F-YOU note attached to it and tell them you are creating a post on Pinside telling everybody what they did to you and how much they suck!

2 months later
#4565 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Occasionally goes into the sling but when it does it kicks to the right flipper. Never goes out the outlane. It really doesn't block the tunnel shot, if you were to shoot where the guide is it would just be going into the upper right pop bumper. All in all better than having to nudge it every time I shoot barn or riot or plunge. Otherwise 50% of the balls goes SDTM.

50% of the balls go SDTM from the pops on your machine?? If thats true then there is something wrong with your machine because I guarantee that my game doesn't even send 20% os the balls from the pops SDTM, and probably not even 10%. I actually don't mind having to give the game a little nudge coming out of the pops occasionally and consider it strategic and part of the fun of TWD knowing when to give it a little nudge coming out of the pops. I wont alter my games from the way they come out of the factory because if I ever blow the game up, I want to be able to brag about it and know that the score was legitimately earned.

1 week later
#4638 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

My best is over 6bil on a pro - but it didn't record HS because the lowest on the table was over 3bil.
Didn't realise it wouldn't store it otherwise I'd have captured a pic
There's a reason Keith can put up a score over 9bil - it's because he's the best in the world

Nice job! You can put the glass back on now!

#4663 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Question for the group... the lower rollover is only registering maybe 10% of the time. Basically whenever the ball is going very slowly. Works great for Woodbury, but makes it very difficult to hit the skill shots on plunge, especially on later balls where you have to zing it up there. Upper rollover registers just fine even with a quick ball, just not the lower. I'm out of town and haven't looked under the playfield yet, but is this a switch adjustment or something else? Any advice is appreciated.

I would assume a switch adjustment. Put the game in switch test mode test it and see if it's registering every time or not. If it isn't it may just need adjusted a little or could even be a loose wire. I had a loose wire on my GOT from the factory. It wasn't soldered good.

1 week later
#4692 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm getting to horde daily in my new pro, full factory settings- and I can't even sniff Seige (yet at least).

What's the best strategy to get to Horde mode? I've only been there like twice.

#4695 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Three bicycle girl shots. Three barn shots. Three CDC shots. Two riot shots. Three arena shots. Hits lots of drops down. Or doing well in prision or well walker multiball.

That's not easy to do! You forgot the tunnel shots also. I think you have to get two of those maybe?

2 weeks later
#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im trying to install the topper, a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. Already scratched my play field because those stupid plastic pieces on that resistor square piece kept falling off. How do you guys get that thing mounted on those four metal posts? I keep feeling like Im going to break if it I push it in any further? The one with the 7 pin connector. Is it necessary to push it all the way in and then use those 4 nuts?
Thanks

Hopefully this will help you. Good luck

1 week later
#4828 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Went to Reno and found a TWD that went through the actual zombie apocalypse. How does a machine get this dirty? Cigarette smoke? Seems extreme.

That is absolutely unbelievable. Why would anybody buy a new game and let that happen to it? I'd like to know how many plays it took to get that bad.

#4831 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From sterns wonderful black rubber mostly, some coil dust, and about 4-5k plays I'd say.

They look like the games in the Stern testing room that run 24/7. So I guess this brings up the question of how often should a person clean and wax their playfields? I clean and wax mine every 400-500 plays and they don't really seem very dirty with that amount of plays on them.

It kinda looks like that game has been in a house fire.

#4834 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

For those that don't have a colourdmd in their machine you 100% have to get one. It's fking awesome!! I clean my machines once a year before my league meet so I'd say every 100-300 plays. But I've had this game about a year and I'm still loving it! In that love hate relationship we all have with this game

A color DMD is definitely something that I want for my game bad. They did a heck of a job on it.

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

And I LOVE you BOTH for loving this lovely game !

OK enough guys. This is going to get X rated if you keep going any further and we don't want to ruin such a great thread!

#4871 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Full factory. 5-6 wks straight of trying basically. I think I have tears in my eyes. Last Man Standing. Now I can go back to trying for score and enjoying the game. Did not get the tower extra ball (never have). The music is good during LMS, I couldn't improve on it all that much with NIN nor Radiohead.

Nice job! I've never gotten it and I never will.

#4873 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi,
do you play with save posts (mod) in the outlanes or not?
really monster drains there.

No way!

#4875 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks- if you have a Prem/LE, don't fret. The most I could get from dedicated tries on my identically setup LE was 87. The Prem/LE's play dramatically harder when it comes to going for most kills. Bicycle girl being a bash toy instead of a clean ramp return. Well walker magnet adding randomness. Even the Woodbury drop target adds drain potential as compared to openness of Pro. Xbow is also more dangerous. Make no mistake, a pro is much easier when it comes to straight up walker kills achievement.

I have a pro actually but I still haven't got LMS. Been to Horde a couple of times but no LMS.

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

YES! Tonight I finally played Horde mode! It has taken me a long time to get there. I was so excited!
Set my new high score too (540 mil).
Awesome pin. I just love it!

Nice job! Getting to Horde is no easy task.

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So how poverty is a pro compared to premium? The pro looks pretty damn cool to me still (watching Bowen and deadflip videos). Should I bother with it?

I have a Pro and I don't feel like I got short changed at all. I've played both games and they are both good. I definitely like the art package better on the Premium but as far as gameplay I personally like the Pro just as much. Only thing I recommend on the Pro is changing out some of the LED's and giving it a little color because it has way too many white bulbs from the factory.

1 month later
#5193 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So it's safe to say that the games come from factory like this and need to be modified by the owner/operator to avoid the cheap SDTM?

No modification needed. You just need to give it a little nudge at the right time and it will stop the ball from going sdtm. Most of the time it's not even an issue, just on the balls that come down smoothly along that rail. They usually are bouncing left to right and aren't a problem....also check and make sure your machine is leveled from left to right good.

As far as the prison magnet goes, I always hit my flippers a few times after I see the animation where the guy hit's the zombie with the crow bar and the magnet will usually sling the ball left or right instead of just dropping it sdtm.

2 weeks later
#5233 6 years ago

Mine has developed the same problem on the right side and it sucks. It didn’t used to be like that until probably 1500 plays or so.

#5235 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No belly aching from you sir. I've told you to get the thin flipper rings multiple times. Haha

Not belly aching, just haven’t done it yet. I haven’t played TWD much in the past year until recently. I also adjusted the inlane and it got better but it didn’t last long before it started doing it again. I will definitely try the thinner rubbers.

1 month later
#5367 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it. Any recommendations to alleviate the frequency of this?
Also, the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. (It simply baffles me how that could have been thought of as a good design of that exit.) Is there a good playfield angle that helps with this or any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers and it will usually sling the ball left or right and not send it SDTM. Don’t ask me why this works, but it does.

4 weeks later
#5553 6 years ago

How much easier is it to get to Horde Mode? We want more Horde Mode dammit!!

#5555 6 years ago

Horde qualification difficulty is exactly the same. Which is good as it is imho

I thought i seen someone say it was a little easier to achieve. It's pretty difficult to get and I bet some people never see it.

I know. .....play better

#5572 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I love this game but sometimes (errr almost always in fact) it's too frustrating. And my only others games are IM and BSD. And my TWD is not on stock settings (Yoyo outlanes, ballsave at 10, outlanes posts on the lower position). Sometimes I think to put 5 balls settings but it will be the first time i do that.

I got to Horde mode tonight, first time I’ve did that in a good while and only about my 4th time there total. I think I’m at least an average player but damn it’s hard to get to Horde. I’m sure that I will never see LMS and I’ve never seen Siege yet either.

#5576 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Subtle little changes to your approach can make getting to Horde easier. Stacking CDC with Bicycle Girl will give you two weapons for a start.

Yeah I always just end up falling short seems like due to the game being so brutal with the outlane drains etc. I still love the game and Horde mode is a Rush and pretty awesome when you manage to get there. If I could only keep one game in my collection it would be TWD no questions asked.

#5588 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks Chambahz! I have played it 10 times or so at the distributor’s. I will definitely need to read the rules.

If you have only played TWD 10 times you are in for a real treat. You are buying one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made! Great choice.....

#5595 6 years ago

TWD keeps you on your toes so much that it’s hard to look at the animations on the DMD but I always try anyway. I’ve lost a few balls because of it.

#5597 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

John Borg.
I know that Jody Dankberg is one of the walkers that's killed, and I believe Tanio Klyce is as well.
Not sure who else is in there?

I wonder if Gary is in there anywhere? That would be hilarious lol.

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks for the intel. My entire family has been playing all evening, and we like the game more than we had imagined. As far as, I can tell we have been lucky and all the shots are smooth. The only issue so far is that my USB drive isn't recognized, so I will need to pick up another to update.

Nice game Bighoss, congrats!

1 week later
#5688 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys, I just installed the Shaker Motor from Pinball life into my TWD. Question for you... Compared to my GB shaker from Pinball Life, the TWD is much weaker. Is there anyway to turn it up? It just seems underwhelming as is..
Perhaps the difference from Sam and Spike?

There is a adjustment in the menus, see if the shaker is set to maximum use.

#5690 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t make it shake harder just more frequently.

I think it’s might make it shake for a longer duration rather than more frequent, not sure though. The shaker was about to shake my GB cabinet apart though and I put it on moderate use instead of maximum and it seems much less violent now. I just tried this myself to make sure that I wasn’t imagining things. First of all the default is set to Maximum for the factory default on my GB so chances are TWD is also, but I had set mine to moderate because it was shaking the game too much when it went in to storage facility multiball. I just set it back to maximum use and went into storage facility multiball and I swear it damn near shakes my game apart. I don’t know if it shakes longer, harder, or whatever but the difference is huge and my game wouldn’t last no time if I leave it on Maximum use.

My TWD is set on Maximum use and it’s just fine so no need to dial it back, but it could be a possibility that his is not on Maximum, it’s worth a look at least. I have the Pinball Life shakers by the way. If his game is already on Maximum use then I’m not sure what is wrong because my TWD shakes plenty hard enough. Hope this helps.

#5695 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just find it strange that 2 motors from the same company seem different. As mentioned, perhaps its the coding.... now im wondering if I should tone down my GB shaker lol

I think that you should turn it down a little probably because I have found A couple small screws that have vibrated out of my game and fell into the bottom of the cabinet. I can’t for the life of me find where they fell out from but I’m sure that one day I’m going to find out one way or the other.

#5696 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do not do this. They are not interchangeable

Definitely do not switch the shaker motors between the two games. Good catch Chuck!

#5698 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

adjust the shaker itself, its easy. The settings in adj is only for frequency not strength.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

If it’s only for frequency, then can you explain to me why there is far less vibration in storage facility multiball on GB when I switch my settings from maximum to moderate?

#5700 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ghost, thats the only possible explanation I haven't had a Stern running spike with a shaker last one was TWD so very well could be part of adj now.

There is also a setting on GB called longer or something like that. I haven’t tried that but I’m assuming it just means that the shaker runs for a longer amount of time. I haven’t messed around with TWD shaker settings any because I’ve had no reason to but I’m telling you on GB there is absolutely a difference in the vibration during storage facility multiball between the moderate and maximum setting.

#5702 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Now, you've got my curiosity up. Why not swap? A shaker is a shaker, isn't it? I had asked previously in this thread if TWD took a special shaker and the response I got was 'no'. I was under the impression that no matter who makes the shaker, they all function the same way and it makes no difference what pin you put one in (provided the game code has shaker features). Care to tell me what the danger was in swapping those shakers?
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

I’m no expert Mike on this subject but I know the shakers for Sam and spike systems are different. I don’t know if it’s just a wiring thing or what but they are specific ones for each system. I remember people talking about this a long time ago also and seems like maybe you could have node board failures if you use the wrong shaker maybe also. Chuckwurt could probably answer your question and tell you why. I just didn’t want to see someone try and use a sam system shaker in a spike game and damage the game is why I said to not do it. I just know that they are system specific and there must be a reason for it.

#5714 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i didnt know it will be so quick... 25 games played on our brand new TWD, and my son did reach LMS ...
we're good players of course, but not wizards (right now 403 & 425 at IFPA)
for what i've read here & there, LMS is easier to reach since 1.60
and also have to say that our pinball is playing (by luck) very nicelly : only few SDTM from the prison magnet, same from the bumpers exit
off course factory setting, slope already set higher, still misses 1 cm to be to the max
final score is still "low", need more tactics to use better the modes/multiplicators...
ok than, here's a 3 minutes video as resume enjoy !
» YouTube video

Wow, 2 BILLION points??? I am embarrassed with my 355 million high score........geeeze. Is your game a Pro model or a Premium? Congrats on your new game and the 2 billion point game. That’s just incredible!

#5720 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No wonder your TWD never had a power reset (before the update) lol

I could probably do better if it wasn't for that left side outlane. That thing is like a vacuum cleaner!

#5727 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Another option to fix the pants on the well walker is the following.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants
Gord

Probably a dumb question but do you even have to fix the pants? I just peeled mine off and it doesn't seem to be scratching the balls up or anything like that.

2 weeks later
#5822 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

*** Aggravated by Ball Lingering in Pop Bumpers. Are There Fixes? ***
I just bought a TWD Pro. I played another example of a Pro a fair amount at my local barcade, so I understood the pops and how the ball can hang out in there for too long before it dribbles out into the area above the flippers.
Now that I have the pin in my home, I'm truly exasperated by the pops. The ball can't escape. That lowest pop bumper is like a gate keeper. Each time the ball tries to trickle past, the pop says, "Not so fast!" and sends the ball ricocheting back up into the pops for yet another bash around, etc., etc., etc.
I want to disable the pops. I hate waiting for the ball to escape from the pops. It's just too much time to stand there and watch the ball dance. I did see a game-settings menu item addressing how "hard" the pops are. Could that have anything to do with how sensitive/powerful they are? Or is that just about scoring?
Would the game's scoring be completely disrupted if I disabled the pops? Obviously I wouldn't get my pops points, but would other scoring sequences be foiled, etc? What would be the simplest way to do it? I looked at their connections beneath the PF but there are no simple connectors, only soldered leads.
I've played perhaps a hundred games and the problem isn't getting any better. What can I do? It's really turning me off.
J

I dont seem to have that problem with mine. Is it possible that your game isnt set up at a steep enough angle?

3 weeks later
#5967 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Thanks for the tips, game was basically brand new. I bought it, getting it tomorrow. I joined the club

TWD is probably the best game you will ever own. Congrats!

1 month later
#6126 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This was one setting I had to change. That's the default and it was beyond frustrating and really took the fun away for me. You can set it to remember the lit dead features, so that when the ball drains, they are still lit, without having to re-complete the drop bank. I would have sold the game long ago if I couldn't change that setting.

2 weeks later
#6204 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!
My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.
Not sure about this game!

When the prison magnet catches the ball and you see the animation where the guy is getting hit in the head with a crowbar, start flipping your flippers when he gets hit the second time and usually the magnet will throw the ball to the left or right. As far as the ball coming out of the pops and draining sdtm, you have to nudge when the ball is at the end of the tunnel ramp. Try these two things and report back.

#6239 6 years ago

Your game looks so much better now than before, nice job!!

#6244 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally put up a respectable score!

Put the glass back on

#6256 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha. I may need the glass off if I ever want to reach LMS, but for that score, I did it fair and square.
People have posted much higher scores on this game, but for me and my skill (or lack thereof) I'm content with it! Not sure I'm ever going to beat it though haha!

Hey dont sell yourself short because thats one hell of a good score on TWD. My best game is only like 355 million. Guarantee you that you was one tired mo fo after that game wasnt you? It feels like you've been in a fight after a good game on TWD!

#6268 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was watching this video of Elwin massacring this game, but one thing that stuck out is the ball seems to move slower and floatier than any TWD I've played.
Do you think the game is under 6.5 degrees to improve control and frantic bounces?
» YouTube video

Its hard to say but i bet its set up the way it should be. Kieth Elwin doesn't need to set a game up slow to massacre it, he's the best pinball player in the world lol.

#6278 5 years ago

When you complete CDC with three shots to the CDC ramp yoy light a weapons insert, then you can supposedly "complete" the CDC mode you can light another weapons insert according to the previous rules. My game will not give me 2 weapons inserts lit when i do this.

Did they take that out with the latest code update or am i doing something wrong?

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mine only gives 1 for getting 3 shots. I don’t get another for completing the mode

Ok cool, that must had been taken out on the last update because the previous rules show it as being that way. That sucks because i need all the help i can get trying to get to Horde.

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, to go to horde, not sure your approach is the good one...
i mean, dont think about activating weapons shoots, just play your game while concentrate on other things, and when a weapons is available, ok, shoot for it, and horde will came "naturaly"

I wasnt talking about how to get there, just wondering if you can light 2 weapons inserts for completing the CDC mode or not.

3 weeks later
#6445 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for this! After years of trying I finally got to LMS. I focused on lighting the multikills with zombie kills and doubled up quickly. LMS i has only 21 left and drained out. Super fun mode!!

Monster game there now!

1 week later
#6500 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Think I'm playing alright. And everyone will have a different feeling about a game. I find it a little too drainy at times, but overall I thoroughly enjoy it.
And IMO having the restart on is great. Everyone who plays here uses it too

Damien you keep complaining about how unfair and brutal TWD is but you have been to Horde and other modes several times and your high score is really good the best that i recall so it sounds like your kicking its ass instead of the game kicking yours.

When the ball comes out of the pops my game rarely sends the ball SDTM but you can tell when its going to happen and you can absolutely nudge at just the right time and prevent the ball from draining between the flippers.

TWD is definitely harder than 99% of the games out there but it sounds like you are an above average player and are doing better than most people that play it. TWD is hard, its that simple.

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You make a very good point... I think my griping is a testament to how much of an ass thrasher this game can be.
Despite the many middle fingers I flip this game, the rush you get from a good game on TWD is epic! Horde is such as thrill!
And at the end of the day, despite how brutal or forgiving a game may be, we should all be grateful that we're fortunate enough to even have these games in the convenience of our homes
Tonight I go for Valinor! Haha

Yeah its a brutal game for sure and im not getting on you or anything either about complaining, just letting you know that you're actually doing pretty well at the game. Just think how scrubs like me feel.

1 week later
#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

And yes I have went over board and I can see why some hate it when people put dolls on their pins.

I dont hate it at all, i think it looks awesome!

1 month later
#6736 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Happy to join the club. Traded for a HUO premium this weekend. Had 255 plays on original 1.56 code before I updated to cleland's 1.60, looks brand new. My wife and I played it to death this weekend. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun with a pin. We are both enamored!
First game after updating code I put up the GC with a 94 mil game. I thought, "huh, that was easy, I'll do that again" and haven't come close since I'm definitely not a great player so hopefully this forces me to get better! Now I'm in "mod mod mod" mode!

TWD will definitely make your pinball skills improve because there’s no luck involved in putting up a good score on this game, you have to make the shots and they are tough. TWD is awesome, congrats on your new game!

1 month later
#6806 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

How can you adjust the post to stop the center drain from the pops?

You gotta nudge at just the right time when its coming out of the pops and it will not go sdtm. Its part of what makes the game fun and challenging.

4 months later
#7330 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I was exactly the same... the pro didn't click, too much is missing. Sure the well walker can screw you by whipping the ball into the outlanes, but that's the charm of magnets. If you have the chance, grab the premium/le.

Both games are amazing and you cant go wrong with either one. I know people that can afford the premium but they prefer the pro so they bought it instead of the premium. TWD is a very strong Pro model imo.

#7332 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

After playing a premium, I was convinced I couldnt miss out on the extras. And normally I'm a pro man.
But yes, both are awesome.

Borg always makes nice pro models seems like.

2 weeks later
#7388 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The game ejects balls pretty violently

My MET ejects the ball so damn hard that sometimes it bounces off of the side rail and flies backwards onto the playfield. I got cliffys on it but i am still worried about it. Wish there was a trough eject adjustment for it.

1 month later
#7513 5 years ago

I got to Horde the other night and was really excited and it had my adrenaline really pumping big time because i havent got there many times and ive never yet really had a good horde mode. Anyway here comes the 2 ball multiball and im determined to blow it up and ended up not making one single shot lol. I'm just going to guess that i had the worst Horde mode score in the history of TWD! Oh well, I'll get em next time!

6 months later
#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yes! When you get to LMS, the topper tips over and pours you a glass so you can celebrate!

That topper would stay full forever on my game then.

6 months later
#8810 4 years ago

In case any of you out there is curious about what Comet 2SMD Warm White frosted look like in *all* of the GI, here you go...
The upper PF still looks quite red, thanks to the red and amber Op-Max bulbs that are in the back panel. I also have several accent lights in place, two of which are 2SMD Red Clear. Lastly, I have a 10SMD Sunlight strip light on the return ramp, just above Woodbury. Plenty of you appreciate the dark, red lighting design of this game, but I struggled to see the ball much of the time, so I tried my own mix. The Tilt artblades help reflect at least a bit of the light and add some design interest, too.[quoted image]

The lighting that you put together looks excellent!

#8816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ok so im new to TWD. My game room is carpeted and the games sink deep into the carpet. Nudging is possible but it seems TWD may require some more aggressive nudges/sliding.
For those if you with carpet in your game room. Do you have suggestions on ways to allow the game to slide better. I dont want to stress the cabinet etc. ive tried the sliders that slip on the legs. But the carpet still swallows up the leg and slider.

I have the same issue. Just buy the biggest sliders you can find....like a 3 or 4 inch slider and you should be fine. You can still nudge, just dint get stupid about it and you will be fine. TWD has a nice strong cabinet so theres not much to worry about.

#8844 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Any Horde score is a good score!!

Hell yeah, just getting there makes you a winner!

1 month later
#8985 4 years ago

Cheater? Sure.[quoted image]

Very creative Jason. That will help you to get to LMS for sure!

I bet the Ghostbusters owners would like to have that mod.

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Ok sure but changing the intended gameplay isn't normally the goal of mods. But hey have fun.

I have always been pretty hardcore about leaving the game and rules at factory settings but I have made a few minor tweaks on my GB and like added a ball save on Munsters and I like them better now.

I still wont do anything too far from stock but if it makes the game more fun for him then I say go for it. He's the only one playing it so if it makes it more enjoyable for him with a center post good for him. He can always take it back off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.