R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4074 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have a feeling that Lyman is maybe not the easiest person to know/get real chill with?

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again.
It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar

From watching the video, when he's not playing you can see that he's thinking "I wouldn't have done that" , or "I would have shot for this". You can almost see the frustration.

Lyman (resized).jpgLyman (resized).jpg

#4090 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Ha ! Sussed you Wayne. That is why your name is on every pinball in England. You get tips off the man who programmes them

Not quite "every" machine in England. There's also some in USA and Belgium.

We only talked about Metallica, although he did say that he was working on something to do with Batman. That was over 12 months before Batman66 was announced.

#4111 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you have the high score on my incoming Iron Man ?

The one from Tilt - Yes

1 week later
#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

My understanding is that you can "roll the game" just like with an old-school EM. In other words, there is a max possible score the programming can handle and then it resets to zero. If I had to guess, the max score might be 8,589,934,592, which is 2^33, but I could very well be wrong.

The score "rolls" just after 4Billion (2^32 = 4,294,967,296) To compensate and show you that you have rolled it, the last digit will be a 4, instead of 0. roll it twice and the last digit will be an 8.

Quoted from RobT:

I wonder what my score was?

However it doesn't then allow you to enter a highscore, as it basically takes 4Bil off your score. To work out your final score, just add 2^32 to your displayed score, and subtract the extra 4

I've done it once - on a Pro. Every other time I've seen it done it's been done on a Prem. "Has anyone else rolled on a Pro?"

#4170 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Keep in mind it matters how people set their games up. My outlanes are very tough, even on factory settings. People could also have more extra balls set up.

All my games are set up completely on factory (except freeplay :-0) to me, anything else is cheating, but I appreciate that people can set their games up how they want. I often see pics from people I know with massive scores, but when it comes to competition they just can't do it. It does make me wonder how their games are set up at home.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

While the 4 BIL scoring limit is wacky

It's not uncommon to get mode scores over 100mil with a MB running, which in turn adds 5mil to the multikill bonus. Then take that into another MB and you're set for a fantastic score. Completing LMS almost guarantees an additional 1Billion, such is the scoring.
If I'm going for LMS, I play completely differently than if I'm playing in a comp, it's about taking the risks rather than the safe points. It often ends up with scores below 50mil, but when it does go well, it goes REALLY well.
I think what makes it much harder to get the big scores on a Pro, rather than a Prem, is the lack of the spinners as well as no action lockdown button so no walker bombs. Every shot must be made.

As noted points rack up very quickly the further into the games you get, almost exponentially.

Quoted from ATLpb:

I've had a pro at my house and he didn't blow it up either. Are you guys that are rolling it, also pros, competing for years?

I'm certainly not a Pro, as there's no money outside of the US for the vast majority of competitions. Only been playing 5 years since rediscovering pinball after a 20 year gap. But without wanting to come across as arrogant - I would definitely say I'm a good player. Finished 2nd yesterday in the A Division of the UK League, and have a fair few competition wins under my belt. Non US players just don't show on the IFPA rankings as there's not enough big points tournaments unless you're prepared to travel vast distances to other countries every other weekend, and the expense that occurs.

#4179 7 years ago

I never try and stack bloodbath when trying for LMS. In MB my only focus is walker kills.
If you don't stack you get an "extra" MB.

I always take CDC and Arena as my first modes, then Barn, as they're the easiest to get multi kills from. It also means if you do start tunnel or riot those 3 "easier" shots add to the modes scoring, again helping ramp up scores.

Woodburn skill shot is also a fairly safe shot to both light and collect as the ball is always in control.

Shooting the drops, well walker and prison puts the ball out of controll. That's why I avoid them in single ball play.

#4181 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I mean just what the heck are you shooting for in single play? What's left if you're not going for the drops/ww/prison...?

Going for walker kills and lighting Woodbury, I'm not saying exclude going for drops, just don't make it your main focus. If you miss a ramp shot there's a good chance it's going to hit the drops as you try and get control again.

Just don't get locked in to a single strategy, the same applies to any game.

#4182 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Cheater bombs are my first priority

Shame that's not an option on the Pro

#4196 7 years ago

Crossbow is also worth a big payoff for a single shot, I think my X Champion is only about 2 million more as I didn't having anything else lit on the shot, just a walker kill.

The other bonus of shooting for walkers on controlled shots is that it's easier to up, and only cash in when a big shot is lit, this was an 8X shot

20170210_173243 (resized).jpg20170210_173243 (resized).jpg

#4197 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Finally a big CDC and new X champ

Amazing Riot score, thought I was doing well on 250mil

My current focus is getting Crossbow Frenzy, I keep managing 3 Crossbow kills then bricking the shot to cash in.

#4249 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Main shots yes. Small switch hits (popbumpers, prison targets, slingshots, inlanes, etc...) not

Drop targets, well walker and prison targets end crossbow mode - meaning you need to make the shot cleanly

1 month later
#4421 7 years ago

On the Pro it won't award extra balls while the ball save is on, either at the start of a ball or during the start of multiball. Presumably as, without the spinner as on the Prem, it can't confirm that the shot was made legitimately or whether the ball ended up in the shooter lane from the trough.
It can be a real PITA having to wait for the ball save to go off to then make the shot.

#4428 7 years ago

Was playing a game last night:
Had Arena running then started Horde. Arena finished on 186mil, while Horde was still running.
One of the Walkers then reached me. I expected the flippers to die, it award me my Horde score then allow me to continue with a ball in the shooter lane.
Instead the machine reset and ended my game. It didn't allow me to enter my initials for high score on Arena.

Is this a bug anyone else has had, or is it a fault with my machine? I've never had anything similar happen before.

2 weeks later
#4481 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

2X playfield is started by hitting the two targets at either side of the Prison door. This will then light the Tower target which you hit by shooting the Riot shot. Once you have 2X playfield running you can extend the time by completing the drop targets.

Almost,

You can increase the length of time 2x playfield runs for by shooting the standups multiple times BEFORE hitting the tower. Once 2x is running you can't extend it.

1 month later
#4635 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Not to discount your score, because it's higher than my highest, but Keith put up 9.4B.

My best is over 6bil on a pro - but it didn't record HS because the lowest on the table was over 3bil.
Didn't realise it wouldn't store it otherwise I'd have captured a pic

There's a reason Keith can put up a score over 9bil - it's because he's the best in the world

20170421_185844 (resized).jpg20170421_185844 (resized).jpg

#4641 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You bite your lip young man !
Wayne is a top guy, a great player AND a Guinness pinball world record holder.

Cheers stoptap , I don't even rise to the bait anymore

#4673 6 years ago

Knew I'd find it somewhere.
Screenshots from a video recording all the different high scores awarded the first time I completed LMS.
Notice how it just knocks over 4Billion off my score and just awards me 4pts.

Screenshot_20170614-143410 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170614-143410 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170614-143359 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170614-143359 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I wanted to talk about modes for a second. It appears to me that CDC is the most lucrative. Do any of the other modes have a big cash out at the end? I haven't found any.
Barn - Hit the left loop over and over again. Value increases by 500,000/hit
Riot - Hit the Riot shot over and over again. Value increases per shot and through bumper hits
Tunnel - Shoot the tunnel shot to start. Other shots award 5 million / shot. Cash out at the Tunnel shot (haven't figured out what this cash out value is)
Arena - Shoot the arena shot to increase the value by 1 million per shot. Cash out for a percentage of the built value at Woodbury
All 4 of those modes seem to be relatively low scoring, even with multipliers, compared to CDC. I had two separate instances where I was able to cash out CDC for 517,000,000 one time and 402,000,000 the other.
Is it possible to get a huge value for the other modes?

The tunnel shot in the Tunnel Mode doesn't award a cash out value, it ends the mode. Once you've hit the other 4 shots for 5mil each, they relight and are worth 10mil each, etc. etc.

Personally CDC is the lowest scoring high score on the machine I used to have.
I've had riot scores over 500mil with a MB

4 weeks later
#5011 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

MJ and I just joined TWD club!

It looks fantastic.

You need to change the original well walker insert decal - maybe to a 5 year old boy running away?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.