IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Oh also what about the code. How do i tell if mine has the latest update?

You'll see the installed code version displayed on the DMD when you start it up. The latest Pro version is 1.56. If you need to upgrade, download the latest code to a thumb drive from Stern's website.

1 month later
#2990 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've found around 7 degrees to be the sweet spot on this game.

Just curious - what position is the bubble on your shooter lane level at as a result then?

I realize that the accuracy (and bubble position) of each game's supplied level will vary slightly, but that's what I typically use as a guide for setting the slope.

1 week later
#3007 7 years ago

I must confess that, like numerous other converted TWD fans, I really didn't care for this game when it first came out. After hearing all the positive reviews over the past year though, I put in some serious time over a few months on an LE on route near me and gained a new appreciation of TWD's code and gameplay. So much so that I wanted to add one to my collection and I'm now OFFICIALLY in the club as my TWD Premium arrived a few days ago!

Added a few additional mods and did some fine tuning this past weekend - now I just need to raise my TWD skills level as this game has been kicking my ass six ways to Sunday so far!

Much thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a super game and outstanding service as always! TWD's already great lighting effects are made even more awesome on PR's games; unfortunately photos alone don't do them justice. DSC02466_(resized).JPGDSC02466_(resized).JPG

DSC02450_(resized).JPGDSC02450_(resized).JPGDSC02443_(resized).JPGDSC02443_(resized).JPG

#3011 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Gratz all the mods look great. Whats the little house?

Hooked on Pinball's burning barn mod. It's wired so that it flickers (burns) while Barn mode is activated. A cool effect!

#3012 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Congrats! I love the green trim, looks really nice. Hmmm, never thought about mounting my Barn mod sidewise.
I'd like to add that "C Block and "No Sanctuary" sign to mine. Did those come from Pinball Refinery too?
Enjoy your game!

Thanks - I actually had Pinball Refinery install the barn mod. I may end up turning it 90 degrees so that the porch is facing the prison building.

The "C Block" decals came from Pingraffix. I also bought their sheet of blood splatter decals and added them to the ramps, flashers, and various inserts. Adds an especially nice touch to the Blood Bath insert. They also make the pants decal for the Well Walker.

The "No Sanctuary" sign came from Laseriffic.

#3014 7 years ago

Thanks. I'm hoping Mezel Mods comes through with more prison tower mods soon!

#3019 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the reply, my opinion is to turn the barn 90 degrees. It looks better and hovers over the insert shot nicely.
One last question, who makes the Railroad sign? Just noticed that and must have.

ULEKstore (and Mezel Mods) carries that. There is a certain overlap on TWD sign products available from various online sources - just be aware when ordering them that certain ones (such as the Prison Hitchhiker sign) may come with or without lights depending on the seller.

#3047 7 years ago

Prison tower cache found (thanks to 27dnast)!

http://cointaker.com/products/walking-dead-prison

Quantities extremely limited!!! Get one while you can!

#3048 7 years ago

2 prison towers left

tick tock

#3050 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It won't open for me. says page not found...

Sorry - dealing with cell phone limitations (argh).
Go to Coin Taker's website and plug "tower" into their search. This doesn't show up under their TWD products.

#3058 7 years ago

I'd like to see a code adjustment that makes the prison magnet react more randomly and less prone to drop or throw the ball SDTM which mine seems to do more often than not.

#3098 7 years ago

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.

My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one! DSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPG

#3110 7 years ago

This recommended video helped me with my tower's installation:

1 week later
#3181 7 years ago

Agree. The BG ramp on my Premium has not been an issue so far.

#3209 7 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

I also have a request from anybody who has the PinGraffix blood spatter decals installed . I was thinking that the set came pre-shaped to fit certain areas of the game but rather comes as a series of strips etc. It looks as though you can mix and match to put them wherever you like but it's a bit confusing . Anybody have any clear photos of where they mounted theirs ? The pics on the website don't show much info . And do they stick to the topside of the ramp ( with the ball rolling over them and possibly wearing over time ) or underneath the ramp ?

I don't have any close-up pics handy, but I did install a sheet of the blood splatter decals on the topside of my game's ramps and some select inserts. I could have used more as it didn't quite cover all of the ramps.

No need to be overly concerned as far as what goes where as they blend in easily. Just have fun and use your imagination. The long strips are obviously best on the ramps and the circular ones are great for various inserts and flash lamp covers. The Blood Bath insert looks especially cool with a decal over it! A scissors will be your friend as you'll need to do some trimming and piecing to fit the ramp curves and miscellaneous playfield locations as applicable.

#3216 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the prison tower mod last night (with a wonderful custom paint job by Tuna, I might add). I just want to confirm that I have it hooked up properly. Is the white light in the tower supposed to be tied to the red flashers in the prison, and the red light in the tower tied to the pop bumper flasher? If so, then I have it correct.

Just double checked my game and you've got it hooked up correctly. Pretty cool mod and lighting effects eh?

#3224 7 years ago

Offering the last one I have for sale on the Pinside Market in case anyone is interested. Brand new - painted & weathered.

Update: SOLD

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/37877

TWD_prison_tower_2A_(resized).JPGTWD_prison_tower_2A_(resized).JPG

#3243 7 years ago

Buy your Well Walker a set of pants from Pingraffix:

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

They look great and you get two pants decals with each order.

2 weeks later
#3256 7 years ago

After a bit of investigation, I discovered tonight that my TWD's right orbit switch wiring had been mistakenly soldered in production at Stern to the tower stand up target and vice versa.

Also spent a good amount of time fine tuning the ball activated switch on the crossbow as it was faltering and misfiring more often than not.

Tunnel mode now finally works right, the crossbow is operating as it should, and life is good!

1 week later
#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

... add some more drippy gore and that might do it.

Nice resourcefulness on the prison fence and signs! I'm curious as to what you're using for the "drippy gore" on your Well Walker and fence.

1 week later
#3394 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I added a Polk 10" sub after reading recommendations on Pinside, and it sounds great! If I had to pick, I think I'd add the sub before a shaker motor, but both are pretty cheap compared to the cost of the pin.

Sub vs shaker is like color dmd vs pdi glass. It's a draw and the only answer is to add them all!

2 weeks later
#3481 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had to post this...
My wife just made it to Horde mode for the first time.
How awesome is that?
I love her.

Cool! Congrats to her - Horde is a bitchin' mode!

My wife doesn't like any kind of multiballs as she finds them to be stressful.

She doesn't play pinball much.

2 weeks later
#3574 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ok so question on how to install one of my first mods. Ive never messed with modding a machine before. But people i bought it from said it was very easy. I got a zombie head launcher to replace just the chrome ball. It only came with the rod. They said its a direct replacement of the chrome ball and rod. Any quick DIY tips to throw in before i tackle this.

Piece of cake. Going by memory:

1) Remove the rubber tip on your existing plunger rod.
2) Remove the e-clip (along with the spring and washers on the plunger rod). Tip: Take note (a photo is best) of arrangement before removing to be safe.
3) Slide your old plunger rod out.
4) Slide your new zombie head plunger rod in.
5) Repeat #'s 2 and 1 above in reverse order.
6) Enjoy!

4 months later
#4166 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You guys putting up 4B on this game are incredible. Mine plays so difficultly that it's a fluke to get over 60-70 kills and say 600m or so....there's just so many drains you can't do anything about- esp when the ball really wants to go home to its trough and you already had to use two warnings...

While the 4 BIL scoring limit is wacky, I'm not overly concerned about it given my current ability level on TWD.

I'm in awe of anyone that can attain this score and amazed by how easy Keith Elwin makes it look!

#4175 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's not uncommon to get mode scores over 100mil with a MB running, which in turn adds 5mil to the multikill bonus. Then take that into another MB and you're set for a fantastic score. Completing LMS almost guarantees an additional 1Billion, such is the scoring. If I'm going for LMS, I play completely differently than if I'm playing in a comp, it's about taking the risks rather than the safe points. It often ends up with scores below 50mil, but when it does go well, it goes REALLY well.
... As noted points rack up very quickly the further into the games you get, almost exponentially.

Yeah - I've noticed in Keith Elwin's (and others') TWD videos how the point values really climb as you advance deeper into the game. I need to dedicate more time to learning the fine points of TWD's code. I have a basic overall knowledge of the rules, but find that half the time, I don't understand what Keith is talking about regarding scoring strategy and sequencing.

That and improving my shot making percentage. My high score to date is only 425 MIL and my typical strategy so far has been to go for stacking Bloodbath MB on top of a Prison or Well Walker MB. Unfortunately, I'm usually so busy just trying to keep them going and continuously hitting the drops, that I don't look up the playfield and focus on my other shots as much as I should. I've made it to Horde a number of times, but it always seems like it's due to luck as much as skill.

That's what's so great about modern games with great code though: there's no rush to super high scores! The fun for me is in the journey of discovering new features and strategies while working on particular shots, combos, and flipper skills.

#4184 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I never try and stack bloodbath when trying for LMS. In MB my only focus is walker kills.
If you don't stack you get an "extra" MB.
I always take CDC and Arena as my first modes, then Barn, as they're the easiest to get multi kills from. It also means if you do start tunnel or riot those 3 "easier" shots add to the modes scoring, again helping ramp up scores.
Woodburn skill shot is also a fairly safe shot to both light and collect as the ball is always in control.
Shooting the drops, well walker and prison puts the ball out of controll. That's why I avoid them in single ball play.

Interesting strategy. I imagine that having Walker bombs as an option would alter your perspective on shooting the drops.

11 months later
#5881 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As for the game overall, it’s extremely hard. It takes practice. Lots of practice. 100s of hours of practice.

Quoted from FatPanda:

TWD is a difficult game, not matter how you cut it. There are definitely games that play easier. TWD is not one of them.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

This is a tough game and will make you a much better player if you stick with it.

It's always reassuring to see others say this as TWD is definitely the biggest ass kicker for me in my lineup. I tend to play it in spurts as a result, but I always end up coming back for more abuse sooner or later as it's such a good game!

1 week later
#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD is probably the best game you will ever own. Congrats!

And one of the most difficult too.

2 years later
#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Had a screaming hot shot up the right ramp. The ball as it came back down the left side hit that bump in the ramp and it flew up over the red flasher area and land in the crossbow. Cross bow mode wasnt active.
Game went into a mode to clear the crossbow, but it fired the ball early and right back into the left side return ramp and it smacked the glass and then went back into crossbow to repeat.
After several times of this happening, i took the glass of and put the ball outta the crossbow and into the shooter lane.
Anyone else have this happen before?

That's wild! Can't recall that ever happening on my TWD.

5 months later
#9468 3 years ago

I played about 10 games on my TWD Premium today. It was cruel as usual - balls being thrown to the outlanes left and right, drains from the pops, the unforgiving missed shots, the mean prison magnet, the meaner Bicycle Girl ramp.

Yet ... getting Bloodbath going, on top of Well Walker multiball, on top of Riot. The audio (w/ Cleland), the lighting, the total vibe!

I loved it!

1 week later
#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

WOO! Got to Horde mode for the first time today! (after owning for a year... yeah, I suck)

I'm ashamed to admit how long it has been since I've made it to Horde.

6 months later
#9933 2 years ago

Selling my Pinball Refinery Edition TWD Premium. Original owner - HUO - excellent condition and LOADED with upgrades!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-premium-pinball-refinery-ed#post-6221860

Gameplay video demo:

Nowhere nearly my best game, but it's not too long and you'll get the point!

#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

What does “ set it in hires” mean?

Hi Res mode

I prefer XL Dots myself (FWIW)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.