20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

How does the pro compare the Premium/LE? I can't justify the coin for a Premium, but the Pro is right up my alley cost wise. I've only played an LE, though.

Pro is a great game, but the Premium *IS* worth it - either way you will be happy IMO.

The upgraded features on the Premium/LE are all game play features: spinners, WW magnet, BG Ramp, drop target, Crossbow and lockdown bar button. Therefore they add extra game play - BUT the pro is still 80%-90% the same game.

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

This is still the only pin that after after almost a year of owning, I still am crazy for it. It never gets old for me

I think TWD is a game that people appreciate more and more as time goes on. You need to get used to it so it doesn't just constantly kick your butt - and as you get better, you start to realize how awesome it really is. A majority of the naysayers have probably never moved passed the initial "butt-kicked" phase.

#360 8 years ago

Congratulations - Excellent Choice!

1 month later
#463 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

Yes - Josh Sharpe discussed this on a Pod Cast where he also said he's loving TWD.

1 week later
#505 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And that fix is.........?

Foam pads under the lifting flap, and adjusting the ramp so there is not a bump at the lifting ramp transition.

Stern has a fix kit with the foam pads - it's probably already installed on the new games coming off the assembly line.

1 week later
#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Has anyone got any adjustment settings to make the game a little easier for the casual player. This game just completely kicks my ass and I never get to see many modes. Someone listed some good settings changes to make it a little easier in one of the TWD threads but I cannot find it again.

- Set the ball save to the max (30 seconds) - this is very helpful for more casual players - so they don't feel awful right away
- don't set the tilt too tight -> and force yourself to be more aggressive
- Lower lighting Seige from 12 to 8 prison jackpots
- adjust the outlanes to the easier setting

There's nothing wrong with adjusting a game to fit your personal tastes. People do it all the time to make easy games more challenging, and it shouldn't be frowned on to make really tough games more accessible for more casual players. Sometimes the default settings are not optimal anyway - that's why they have settings. Just 2 comments....

- If it's too easy, then it won't be as fun - the challenge is a big part of the fun (but not if it's impossible for you)
- if posting High Scores, it's nice to mention it's not factory settings - so the rest of us don't get too jealous

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Thanks T7. I dunno since updating to 1.41 I seem to be worse!

The extra lighting effects in 1.41 make it tougher in a dark room IMO.

As a tip - try to get prison hits and start a mode right away (drop targets) while the ball saver is active - use the ball save time wisely!

And some more settings to make it more fun for you...
- award Extra Balls instead of Replays - for both points and specials
- set the Replay score to 15 Million, and make it fixed, with no auto adjust

On free play winning an extra game is kind of senseless, so making it valuable gives you something to strive for. Also having an attainable goal that extends your game will make it more fun. Just remember to make it harder again if it gets to be too easy.

#586 8 years ago

IMO TWD is the most immersive pin Stern has ever made!

Try this out for fun ->>> Play sitting on a short/medium stool -> this gives you a view from a different angle which makes the game feel even more immersive! There's more glare from the backglass, but it's a blast.

1 month later
#852 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Rather than Dig through all the TWD posts, I have a few issues that I think have been resolved to some degree and would like some help:
1) How to reduce drains through the pop bumpers
2) How to reduce drains off the barn magnet. Sometimes the magnet does not activate long enough and the ball just goes sits there then SDTM
3) How to improve the detection of the switch on the zombie head in the barn so all hits are registered.
Thanks

1 - adjust level, change rubber on left post of the right ramp entrance (slightly larger post sleeve)
2 - click both flipper buttons to cut animation short and it will throw the ball with the magnet
3 - adjust the leaf switch from under the playfield

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Hey guys I ordered the crossbow mod and noticed when I received the instructions that my crossbow only has 1 slit instead of 3 am I the only one?image.jpeg

Is it possibly mounted upside down? 3 slits on the bottom (or side) instead of the top?

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do the drop targets start modes?

Yes - first mode is 1 set of drops, after that it's 2 sets of drops to start a mode.
Once you complete the drops to "Light Modes" call-out "Dead Features are Lit" -> the mode lights will flash -> the first flashing mode shot made will start that mode. After a mode has been played, the feature light will stay lit and will not flash when you light the modes - therefore you cannot re-start a mode that has already been played, until you finish all modes and they all reset.

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Next question. Is there any order to hitting drops required or just hit them. Tbought Bowen said to try for specific order

The order of the 3 drops does not matter. But the first drop down determines which type of supply you will get when you complete that set.
The supply types are:

- First Aid
- Weapons
- Food

The main thing you want to shoot for is lighting all 3 of these lights -> so you can start Blood Bath Multiball.
These lights rotate when all 3 drops are up - whichever light is lit when you hit the first drop down (any of the 3) will determine which supply type you will collect when you get all 3 drops down.

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yes it does ! do the star switches on the Pf just to the left of skill shot lanes impact skill shot value ?

Yes - you want to time it so both are lit solid as you go over them -> and you must still go down the lit top lane to collect.

#903 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What the hell does "only walkers not welcome" mean?

The show calls the zombies "Walkers" - so it means "only zombies not welcome"

3 weeks later
#1004 8 years ago

Woah - you must have gotten to Last Man Stainding- Nice!

3 weeks later
#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Ok I am reading through those posts I am confused with this reseating on how to do it. More importantly I can't even get the PF to stand up on its own. What am I missing here?
Switch #22 come up Trough Jam out of service

If you have a Pro - here is how to work under the playfield:
- lean it ALL the way back (vertical) against the backbox (take the balls out first)
- stand it on the 2 "peg" legs -> put the legs on the lockdown bar receiver
- use the metal bar on the right side to prop up the playfield
- purchase the "premium/LE" support rails and add them -> Pinball Life sells these

2 weeks later
#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any advice is welcome.

TWD is a TOUGH game, and is much easier for a really good player to enjoy, than more mid level players - please don't take that the wrong way. Having said that, go ahead and make adjustments to fit your tastes - it's not hard to do.

-------------- BALL SAVE -------------
- give yourself a long ball save - 30 seconds - to avoid the frustration of "I didn't even get to flip"

-------------- EXTRA BALLS ------------
- Fix a free extra ball at 15 million --- IMO this is better as a reward than just setting the game to 4 balls
- Set specials to award extra balls --- in home use free games are worthless, but extra balls aren't

-------------- OUTLANES -------------
- move the outlanes in
- use larger posts or rubbers on the outlanes
--- outlane problem fixed (you can practically close your outlanes)

-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - PRISON ---------------------
- leveling
- rotate the magnet core
- disable the prison magnet - just unplug it - if it's too frustrating for you
- fix your prison zombie switch - just adjust it - mine has zero problems since adjusting
- disable the prison doors if you can't get it to your liking (in the menu)
- focus on your save skills - shaking the machine and slap saves

-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - POPS ---------------------
- leveling
- use a bigger rubber on the post left of the right ramp entrance
- focus on your save skills - shaking the machine and slap saves

Please stop complaining about "Cheap" drains and start realizing it's a TOUGH game with danger areas -> play better. Plus, if you do ALL of the above I'm sure you will have much longer games.
For many better players, games get to be TOO LONG - we need some tough, short play games.
BUT it makes it SOOOOOO much better when you have a great game - you feel like you accomplished something-> and you did!

Think about this -> you've had the game 3 days! If you were having great games already, you would see everything within 1 month! A big part of the awesomeness of TWD is the challenge - are you up to the challenge?

#1270 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I also don't know of anyone that has managed to get a successful smooth orbit shot to bypass the pops and hit the left flipper. If that was possible I'd be all over that.

Just add the little piece of stick on felt to the end of the metal guide rail, just before the pops. The ball goes to the left flipper 90% of the time, and it's so smooth it's scary fast. I posted this in another thread with pictures.

1 week later
#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I like the rules of the game but these drains are ruining it for me... and I refuse to cheat and put some odd rubbers to help with the drains.

IMO - This makes no sense other than "pride". If the game is truly ruined for you, and there is a simple fix????
All newer games come with adjustments for different skills, including adjustable outlane posts. If you make it too easy, just back off on the adjustments and make it harder again. A great game is a great game - ADJUST TO FIT YOUR SKILL/ENJOYMENT!

FYI - It's not cheating, unless you are competing/comparing against others.

Also remember, if a game is too easy -> the fun/excitement goes out the window. This adjustment argument works both ways, there are many games that need a tweak to make them harder, which makes them more fun! Of course telling your friends you made your game harder than stock works much better in a pissing contest.

#1385 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Is V1.56 worth upgrading to on a pro?

Yes - it is.

#1533 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok gang the only issue I have with my just inboxed LE is that sometimes the woodberry drop target falls without being hit and when this happens it doesn't fall all the way so it won't reset. I read somewhere that the not falling all the way part is caused by the sticker on the drop target catching the mech on the way down but didn't see anything on the target falling without being hit (could be shaker motor induced)

My suggestion - try removing the sticker and see if all your problems go away.

1 week later
#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone else notice that you can't collect an extra ball once you start Prison Multiballl?

You can collect it, but if you shoot it too close to the game auto-launching balls it doesn't count. Once the ball saver is off and it's no longer launching balls, but still in Prison MB, it will give you the extra ball.

1 week later
#1859 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So, I found the ball trap..

image_(resized).jpeg

Put some pants on your Well Walker and that won't happen!

#1884 8 years ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

So, as far as must-have non-aesthetic mods go, I'm reading the Cliffy is the only mod truly needed? Also, are leg protectors are pre-installed on premium and LE versions?

IMO the Bicycle Girl light is needed and the Cliffy is not on this game. Leg protectors are installed at the factory on all new Sterns at this point.

1 week later
#2064 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have in Red and installed them on my LE.

But did you purchase these from Pinbits? The image looks like the protectors sold by Pinball Life which is only 4 pieces, red and not from pinbits.

The Pinbits protector set has 13 pieces, and does not indicate it is in color. They usually identify if the plastics are in color, so the assumption would be they sell a 13 piece clear set. Anyone have pics of the Pinbits 13 piece set installed?

3 months later
#2805 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I played a friends TWD last night and nudged it so hard it tipped over and he's not happy about it

There's a testimony to the intensity of this game!!!

So is this a case of: You Broke it You Bought it????

#2815 7 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So my NIB TWD Premium has the right outlane drain and right outline switches mixed up, so if you make the left ramp within the ball save time you get two ball multiball, of course no actual goal or jackpots. I'm undecided if I wanna fix this, at first I thought it was a cool feature to offset the large outlane drains, but as I get better at this game I'm finding it easier to hit the left ramp straight away.
Oh and the barn magnet fuse has blown also unsure if I wanna fix that too as it mostly went SDTM, but was getting good at the both flippers when the axe hit the zombie to shoot it off in another direction.
I usually like to keep things standard, your thoughts?

Replace the 4A magnet fuse with a 5A - going up 1 amp for the magnets isn't too risky. If anything shorts, it will blow immediately.

1 week later
#2905 7 years ago

We plan on making a fix for the TWD LE/Premium left ramp. This will make the LE/Premium left ramp as smooth as the pro!

I started a new thread for it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

#2907 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you have trouble with your ramp, it's likely not adjusted properly. I have mine sitting on a cliffy with the factory foam pads and it's perfect, very smooth. Ensure that where the lifting part of the ramp meets the fixed part is flush or even a touch higher, including the screws. Wax the ramp as well. There shouldn't be so many people having issues and should be easily fixed.

Even with adjustments, and/or a Cliffy the ramp simply rejects more balls than the pro ramp. With extensive testing, we have seen that the ball jumps (or skips) when it first hits the ramp flap, which is because of the steeper angle of this particular ramp. Other games have steep ramps, but they are fixed so they can include a slight curve in the ramp flap. Because TWD LE has a lifting ramp, the ramp flap can't be screwed down to create that curve.

The fix changes the angle of the entrance to the ramp and will be a better flowing ramp with the fix than without. It's great that you're happy with your ramp, but there's definitely a difference between the Pro and the Premium/LE left ramp which is pretty noticeable on most games.

1 month later
#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is what I do. The problem I have is that I've had prison ready with only one shot left and it chose to give the walker bomb shot to WW which still had more than one shot left and resulted in a lost ball anyway. So it works but not always.

FYI - The game doesn't randomly choose which type of walker bomb to give you. If you have Prison qualified (the doors are open, but not in multiball) and complete a "Weapon" drop target bank -> you get a "Blue" prison walker bomb. If you have Well Walker qualified (music has changed, but not in WW MB) and complete a "Food" drop target bank -> you get a "Green" well walker bomb.
Note: you have to get ALL the targets down after the mode is qualified.
This gives you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Hit first drop while on "Weapon"
- Complete drop bank ------------> Get a "Blue" Walker bomb
This does not give you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Hit first drop while on "Weapon"
- Qualify Prison
- Complete rest of drop bank ------------> do NOT get a "Blue" Walker bomb
Also - it makes sense which drop target item awards which award -> "Weapons" are needed for the Prison MB, and "Food" matches the obese Well Walker zombie.

Added over 8 years ago: EDIT ---- Should have said "First Aid" instead of "Weapon" to get Prison bombs

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

How do you know if you have a walker bomb?

The lockdown bar button will be lit in color: Blue, Green or Red - indicating which type of Walker Bomb you have.

#3088 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does red do?

I'm pretty sure Red is a "Horde" walker bomb.

1 week later
#3135 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys, the TWD pro on location that I frequent has a slight flipper hop on the right inlane. I've tried to loosen the lane guide and push it up and retighten, but that was no help. Anyone have any other ideas?

Use some form of plastic wood suitable for fixing holes. QuikWood from Pinball life is good...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1561

Make sure the screws hold the lane guide forward after your fix - the hop is when the ball hits the flipper bat.
It's not likely that the lane guide has worn down - most likely the screw holes are not holding it in the correct position.

#3151 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The bg ramp is an issue on many premiums. Strongly suggest you get the cliffy protector for it or lose be prepared for rejects and airballs.

The extended ramp flap fix works much better than a cliffy protector for rejects and airballs. The cliffy protector just protects the playfield, but the extended ramp flap changes the angle of the ramp - making it a much smoother transition from playfield to ramp.

4 months later
#3801 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

After a month now I think I'm really annoyed at the left lane not activating the pop bumper because of that screw. Can I just take that screw out and not worry about it or do I need to cover the hole up? I guess I don't want it to chip or something from that screw hole and spread.

Just remove it and put a piece of mylar over the hole. It will improve the action on the top left pop bumper, and I've never had the ball get stuck there.

1 week later
#3849 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

guys, got a premium coming my way- heard of issues with the bicycle ramp with fixes - what are the fixes?
Neil.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix/page/2#post-3284815

2 months later
#4150 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Do not care for Bicycle Girl ramp from my short time on the premium but think I could like it more over time. Feel it kills flow since I'm used to my pro.

BG ramp is a big plus on Premium/LE - does not kill flow if it's adjusted to be smooth (not hard with the ramp extension), and BG mode provides a change in the playfield layout. On the Pro you are always just hitting the ramp, over and over. On the Premium, sometimes it's a ramp, and sometimes it's a bash toy --->>> more variety makes it more exciting/fun IMO. Also, when it's the bash toy the action is faster, as the ball comes back to the flippers faster than when you make the ramp shot. BTW - it also enhances the strategy on the game, as it is beneficial to combine BG and CDC so you can make faster progress on CDC with the ramp "up".

#4152 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even after doing the mods that make the prem ramp smoother

Did the premium you played have the ramp extension on it?
Probably not, as that mod is the one that really makes the difference.

#4169 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ill believe it when I see it. Got a video? Just don't see how a ramp that has a flap in it can be as smooth as one that is one piece.

Yes - there is a video in the TWD ramp fix thread. All ramps have a flap on them - the fix simply makes it a longer flap. And it's attached in a way that is just as secure/firm as the original flap, with added support.

You need to try a game with this fix installed to see the difference.

It changes the steepness of the ramp to be like the Pro. That is why it "feels different" as you say, because the normal Premium ramp disrupts the ball flow due to a greater steepness of the ramp - specifically where the ramp meets the playfield. This is much better than just making the ramp solid - which is the original fix I came up with (adding foam padding), before Stern started providing the same.

NOTE: The TWD ramp is different than a screwed down ramp like GB, since the ramp on TWD Premium is not screwed down, it has a less friendly initial curve. The ramp extension makes the left ramp flow just like a Pro if you get the large version.

#4171 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Where can I buy the flap extension for the premium left ramp?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

- or just PM me.

2 weeks later
#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I know there was a fix said earlier somewhere in this thread but my f7 4amp slo blo fuse blew and so did the replacement I put in. Do I up it to a 5amp slo blo?

Yes - for this particular case.

1 week later
#4307 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why are they called blades as most of these 'blades' are just stickers?
Or are people making them out of different material now?
Curious as fancy adding them but not if they are only stickers.

The name mirror blades was used for the metal side coverings, and it caught on - so everyone just kept using the term blades: Mirror Blades, Pin Blades, Art Blades, etc.

2 weeks later
#4403 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

The ball goes down into the trough but takes a bit before the game realizes the ball has drained.

Go into the Test menu, and test the ball trough switches like real play. Eject a ball, then let it drain and watch the switches.

Most likely one of 2 things:
- leaf switch needs adjusting -> most likely the last one in the trough
- Did you add mylar to protect your drain opening? This frequently doesn't hold, and pops up - causing an obstruction.

#4406 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Page 10 in the manual shows the first trough switch is an opto like most other SAM games.

It would be a good idea to disconnect and reconnect/reseat the trough connectors too.

#4409 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, replaced my magnets fuse. 4A. After 10 games it has blown again.
Any ideas why?
Thanks

Did you make sure to get "Slow Blow"?

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

After I got that working though, the Bicycle Girl ramp would get the ball caught in the center when traveling at medium speed (happened during my best game to date! was in the middle of a BB/Prison MB/WW MB frenzy. Still ended up with 190M though, I'm super excited about that if you can't tell). So I reopened it and tugged on the piece of plastic that went over the top of that ramp behind the artwork and that seemed to work. Is this a common issue people have?

It is common for some wiring that goes over the ramp behind the back wall to shift and slow/stop the ball. You just need to check for it and re-route it a little if it's in the balls path.

#4419 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love all my Borg pins Tron, TWD pro, Met pro, and IMVE all are fantastic and I give Met pro a slightly higher rating but all four are keepers and TWD is the most twisted/intense of the lot.

You've got the best Borg games right there - but you'll need to add Aerosmith to that list as it's awesome!

1 month later
#4513 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Bicycle girl ramp seems steeper on the LE/PREM. Is that the case or just my imagination?

Yes it's steeper on the Premium/LE. That is how the "ramp flap extender" mod fixes the smoothness of the ramp - by extending the ramp, it becomes less steep, just like the TWD Pro ramp.

#4526 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just traded MET Prem for TWD Premium and after a week of trying, FINALLY cracked a high score, which was 400MM+.
Had a hell of a game (for me). Horde is just an amazing mode. I really like the coding, where shots to alternating targets can build up score, then a final specific shot can cash in and end modes. Still have a LOT to learn.

Nice game!

1 month later
#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Quick question, though... does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite?

FYI - The translite glass is made of glass - not plexi.

4 weeks later
#4894 6 years ago

Premium / LE all the way on TWD IMO. But the Pro is easier for sure.

#4900 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Really? I've played both, and the addition of walker bombs is huge. Thought it made the game a little less challenging.

Walker bombs can definitely be used as a ball save in the right situation, but the Well Walker magnet, Woodbury drop target, Crossbow ricochets and Bicycle Girl can all lead to a ball drain. So ultimately the Pro has less ball drains.

1 month later
#5174 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I've played 2 Pro's on location. Multiple games (15-20 games) and when the ball comes down from the bumpers it usually results in a SDTM and what is worse is when the ball save goes SDTM as well. Is this a common thing on Pro's or all TWD's? I generally watch the ball in the pops and start wiggling the machine side to side when I see coming out but this isn't always successful. Any advice would be great as I would love to play this pin more if I can get past these cheap drains.

There are a few extremely cheap and easy fixes for this issue, but the operator at your location may not know or care.
Just adding a rubber ring to a post pretty much makes the game fair.

2 months later
#5617 6 years ago

FYI - for anyone that has my TWD Ramp Flap Extension (for Premium/LE left ramp)...

To make the ramp as totally smooth as possible, add a small piece of mylar on top of the ramp flap AND extension (just below the rivets).
The mylar will cover the seam between the ramp flap and the extension to completely smooth out the ramp.

1 month later
#5828 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Or he could adjust the switches of the pop bumpers to be just a little bit less sensitive.

Exactly - that's what he should do. Specifically on the bottom bumper.
If it still bugs him that much he should just sell the game, as it appears it's not a good game choice for him.

2 months later
#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Stern did loads of recalls on Ghostbusters with ghosting. Not sure why this wouldn't be covered. In my opinion it's harder to accept and ignore compared to ghosting.

The pic of your playfield doesn't look that bad. Can you take some more pics, so we could see how it looks from straight on angles?
Maybe the pic you uploaded isn't showing the ribbing very well?

1 month later
#6485 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I want one so bad. Been dragging my feet on it for months. Was sure I was gonna do pro.... now not so sure.

Premium/LE is WAY cooler - The extra toys are great IMO and the game just has a much better feel to it.
I will be making more of the ramp flap extensions, which makes the BG ramp super smooth so no worries there.

Premium/LE has many advantages over the Pro:
- BG Lift Ramp changes the shot, so it's not the same old ramp shot constantly
- WW Magnet - extra magnet action
- 2 Spinners - add extra scoring, and it's just more fun to nail a spinner with sound effects
- Woodbury Drop Target - changes the shot - makes the shot feel better (not just an empty open hole all the time)
- Special GI lighting - extra cool effects programmed in -> way better atmosphere
- RGB inserts - add to the lighting effects
- Walker Bombs / Lock down bar button - another element added for cooler game play
- Cross Bow - IMO one of the best/coolest toys in pinball
--- it's fun to have contests for best Crossbow Frenzy
--- totally do not get the comments that the Crossbow hurts flow - the crossbow doesn't get engaged very often, so for the small % of time it does is a welcome break from the otherwise constant pressure of TWD
- IMO Cabinet Artwork rates LE > Pre > Pro

The premium just feels like the complete package. It has so many more things going on that interact with the player. The pro just doesn't feel anywhere near as immersive or engaging to me. Everything I just listed except cabinet art enhances the player immersion and interaction with the game. I don't think there is any other game that has as many game play / interactive upgrades going from a pro to a premium.

A lot of people have been hung up on the BG ramp being smoother on a pro. It is typically, but the ramp flap extension properly installed totally fixes that. Do yourself a BIG favor and go for the premium. TWD Premium/LE is the best Stern game ever!

2 months later
#6847 5 years ago

NEW TWD Interactive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

Or search for other games at this page: http://pinballzoo.com/Games

-- Shot Map displays shots for currently selected rule
-- Optimized for cell phones

pbz_TWD (resized).pngpbz_TWD (resized).png
3 months later
#7275 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Once every couple of months my insert lights go out and I have to wiggle the 2 wire connector on the center light board to get everything to work again. I know I've read about this problem in the past but does anyone know if there is an upgraded connector to purchase that would hold its connection better?
I've hot glued it and that didn't help.

Replace the IDC connector at with a Molex connector. The IDC connector cuts through the insulation to touch the wire for the connection. But the Molex connector wraps around the stripped wire for a much higher capacity connection.

#7276 5 years ago

+5 for the Premium/LE
Yeah, there's a bunch of us all in the same town LOL

#7284 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm having an occasional problem with my Woodbury drop target. Sometimes when the ball is plunged into the shooter lane, that drop target falls by itself. Has anyone had this same issue? It seems very secure on the ledge that the drop target sits upon... is it possible the mini coil is activating when the shooter lane coil activates, or is it just a case of vibrations making it drop?

Does your drop target have a sticker on it? If it does, take it off. The thickness of the drop target can be enough to make the target prone to not staying up (hooked on the ledge).

3 months later
#7726 5 years ago

Just a reminder of this TWD Game Guide (Rules)....

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

#7751 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is already a pinned rules doc that is more thorough than the linked one.

I think you're missing the point of the Game Guides...
--- Visually Interactive Rulesheet - see the playfield and have the shots mapped for you
--- Much faster / better to get familiar with the playfield and rules quickly
--- Much better on a phone, and for quick look ups
------ Rules are much more condensed (on purpose)
------ Rules expand when clicked on - starting collapsed -> for quick indexing

The full 10 page rulesheet(s) are great, but....
--- Everyone doesn't learn the same way - the visuals are key in the Game Guides
--- They can be overwhelming at first - and take time to digest
--- Best for the "deep" understanding (sometimes)
--- The Game Guides are much better if you are at a tournament and need a quick lookup

Why not utilize both???

Do you really want to be discouraging, and push people to drop the effort of creating things like Game Guides???

http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

#7752 5 years ago

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...

TWD_Game_Guide (resized).pngTWD_Game_Guide (resized).png
3 months later
#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Was just reading the premium and LE flyers and it mentions GI LED being red, green and white. Is this correct or did the games end up only being shipped with red and white? Or am I misreading this?

They ended up dropping the green -> it's only red and white

3 months later
#8429 4 years ago

The TWD BG Ramp fix is available again! Please order from PinballModGal here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pre-le-bg-ramp-fix-mod-available#post-5278594

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Oh, gosh.
It's only adhered? I was sure it was riveted!
The real question might be, why not make yourself a longer ramp from plexi and rivet a ramp flap on it? Maybe that's in my future.

The mod is super easy to install and will hold strong for years if installed correctly. Making yourself a longer ramp will probably work, but it won't work any better and will take you much more time. Almost every one that has tried the mod has remarked they couldn't believe how well it worked for them. You should go to the thread and watch the video of it in action.

NOTE: A longer ramp may not work as well, because there are a couple aspects of how this mod works that cushions the impact. Part of the problem with how the BG ramp comes from the factory is that it is very stiff, and slides around (sloppy). The mod keeps the ramp from sliding left/right, and provides the extra cushion upon impact of the ball.

2 weeks later
#8549 4 years ago

There is a setting for how many Prison Jackpots it takes to light Seige - the default is 12. I recommend turning it down to 8 to make it more attainable. Unless you are a top A player, you still won't see it very often at 8 LOL.

#8568 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wait, now I'm confused... When I hit the door, it lights letters until it fully spells "PRISON." Then the magnet grabs the ball, the door opens, and I have to clear the yard. I've already got the PRISON letters at that point. So I cross my fingers that the magnet doesn't fling the ball SDTM. If it doesn't, I can shoot either the zombie head or the flashing red arrows to kill a zombie. Once I clear them all and hit the zombie head, then the magnet grabs the ball again and I start multiball -- are you saying THAT'S when stage 1 starts? If so, I'm never going to get SIEGE....

Yes - that's where Prison MB Stage 1 starts.
You're confusing Prison MB Qualifying with Prison MB...

Prison MB Qualifying
-- PMBQ Stage 1 - Spell Prison by hitting Prison Doors (some letters spotted at game start)
----- Magnet Grabs ball and flings it
----- Prison Doors Open

-- PMBQ Stage 2 - Spell Prison by hitting Prison Zombie OR Lit Shots (blue arrow)
---- Once Prison is spelled here, then Prison is lit for Prison MB

Prison Multiball
-- PMB Stage 1 - All Shots lit for Jackpots (and Prison Walker Kills),
---- hitting a JP or Prison Doors opens the Prison Doors, so you can hit the Prison Zombie to relight Jackpots
---- Spell PRISON (each JP awards a letter and a Prison Walker Kill) to light the Super Jackpot at RIOT
---- Get the Super Jackpot to advance to Prison MB Stage 2
-- PMB Stage 2 - Ramps are worth 500K+ and a Prison Walker Kill, Jackpots are collected at the Prison Zombie
----- Get 12 Prison Walker Kills to light Siege --- You can change this number in the settings

So you need 6 PW Kills to make it through Stage 1, and the rest you must get in Stage 2 to light Siege

2 weeks later
#8618 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crossbow Multi-ball, anyone?
The Rulesheet at Tilt Forums says you can start a MB in Crossbow mode if/when you finish all the Crossbow shots.
Who has done this?
It seems impossible to me. I mean, how on earth do you hit Tunnel with the Crossbow? You can't see it. I s'pose you could carom the shot off the hip of Well Walker, but what are the odds of that? This MB must be for PRO owners only, as only by using your flippers can you hope to hit all the Crossbow shots. I s'pose you could disable the Crossbow mech on the Premium/LE and use your flippers like PRO owners do. That doesn't seem right.

Crossbow Multiball existed in earlier code versions. This was replaced with Crossbow Frenzy a few versions back. The number of Crossbow shots to start the mode is adjustable. I think the default is 3 Crossbow shots. Tunnel is possible, but you have to shoot it on the initial pass. I don't think it's possible on the return pass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=T7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.