IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yes. I switched the GI over to all Comet Sunlight and it is way better.

I just joined the TWD club when I welcomed a pro version into my game room a week ago. I'm loving the game so far. I mean, it's kicking my butt, but the way it plays really suits the theme as you're constantly struggling to survive, so IMO they nailed it. I was just going to comment on the lighting though, as I just ordered all warm white for the GI from Comet as the cold white that came with it seemed to clash with the mostly warm toned art on the playfield and plastics. I think Comet's warm or sunlight LEDs (anything with a warmer spectrum) will do wonders.

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Finished my bulb swap last night. It really did only take 20 minutes or so.
OMG it is like NIGHT and DAY, replacing the stock GI with warm white bulbs! The game looks SO MUCH BETTER! I also put a few red accents here and there, and I am very happy with the results.
Highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for Walking Dead Pro machines!

I did my TWD Pro last night as well in warm whites. Looks like it should've came this way from Stern. It just suits the color pallet waaaayyyyy better than cold white.

2 weeks later
#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi need to remove the metal bracket to replace with the menzel door roof mod. How do you remove the nyliners? Thanks

I didn't transfer over the Nyliners, and I don't think it's intended that you do so. I simply swapped out the existing bracket with Nyliners for the Mezel roof mod. It's worked great since. The door shafts don't rotate that much, and I think the plastic material used in the roof mod 3D printing makes for an acceptable bearing material for the application.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anything else I should consider?

I will say that I really like the Mezelmods Pro aquarium light mod. It easily lets you know how many heads you've collected in each aquarium. Collect enough heads to fill up 3 aquariums and you start a Multikill, which is one step closer to getting to Horde Mode. Looks like it's out of stock now. You could get on the waiting list. Trust me, it's cool! https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The one thing I dont like about that is the color. I believe I asked them years ago about that and they said they cannot offer in green.

Hmmmm.... the one I bought a few weeks ago is lit with green LEDs. Do you mean a color other than green?

1 week later
#8128 4 years ago

I recently bought a machine where there previous owner applied the bloody hand prints and blood splatter decals. He put them under the glass. It's actually a cool thing on this game as long as they don't cover any shots or inserts.

2 weeks later
#8187 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The thing is that most people don't focus on jackpots alone but combine a mode in prison multiball, and start shooting the mode shots instead of the jackpots.

That's what I've been doing and I get almost nowhere in my progression towards Siege. I gotta change that and just focus on Prison multiball progression.

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Seriously. I have no clue how people get the 115 kills or whatever. Actually, on this machine especially, I feel like others are far and away better than I am at the game. I find this table very difficult.

I managed to get to 94 kills last month. I got to 90 and was so excited that I was that close to LMS, then I botched it, drained a couple of balls, and it was game over. I made it that far by managing to string together several Multi-Kills which were constantly running pretty much my whole game and through Well Walker, Prison, and Blood Bath multiballs. With the lit Multi-Kill shots you get 2 walker kills at once, so I must've hit a lot of those shots during the multiballs.

#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I hit 115 last month and missed the final shot to start LMS! That's my worst pinball moment, right beside being one shot away from getting to Valinor and draining.

Unfortunate luck on both accounts, but that makes for a pretty cool pinball story. It's kind of like the pinball equivalent of the early 90's Buffalo Bills going to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and never winning, LOL.

#8213 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

As a lifelong Bills fan, I had to downvote that comment if for nothing more than the bad memories you brought back.

LOL, sorry man. Admittedly, I could have used a sports/life comparison less traumatizing to Bills fans.

3 weeks later
#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know where you can find a Stern Topper for TWD?

I thought they were long sold out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody chimes in with info. I wish Stern would re-run some toppers for games like TWD, GB, and KISS, for guys like me who buy topperless machines a few years after production ends. I guess I could just randomly buy new Stern toppers for machines I don't have at the time, just in case I buy a machine that needs one down the road, LOL.

1 month later
#8403 4 years ago

Is there any way in settings to extend the time the machine waits before it starts a ball search? Often when I'm shooting for the Supply/Weapon/Food drops, there'll be a long time in between any switch hits, and a lot of times I'll have one drop target left standing, and all of a sudden the effing machine will do a ball search and reset all the drop targets which infuriates me, hahaha. I bet there's nothing I can do other than if I think I'm getting close to a ball search, try to shoot a ramp before the search. I can't be alone on this, or am I?

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had it happen to me once or twice. The only thing I can think of is...PLAY BETTER!

LOL, I agree that playing better would solve it.

#8409 4 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

Was thinking about adding a spinner to my Pro Barn left loop.
If I do, then what would I tie the spinner switch too?

I thought about doing this and trying to tie it into pop bumper hits. Seems like that would work great for Riot mode if possible.

#8428 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just doublecheck if you hook up the spinner to anything that this doesn't 'break' your x shot value.
For example if you want to 'X' the left loop shot when playing barn mode... hitting the spinner earlier might make the game think another shot was made so not awarding the multiplied barn shot from the X inlane.

That exact scenario would probably happen now that you mention it.

4 weeks later
#8607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I agree with you and I was a big fan of the show up until a few seasons ago. God that show got awful lol.

I like the Cleland R rated callouts alright (I've got them installed in mine), but I don't think the stock callouts are that bad. I was also a big fan of the show for the first few seasons, but man, it took a bad turn for the worse right about the time they introduced Negan. I gave up on it. Great pin though!!!!

#8609 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And also, I just think the Cleland code is like all Negan. I was just unimpressed with it. Fun for shock value but nothing I wanted to keep on my machine for the long run.

It is heavy on Negan, and you're right, there's nothing in the modes or anything representing the season that has Negan in it. That is a knock against it if you're paying attention to what the playfield/modes are presenting. However, I've got friends who play it with me who do get a chuckle out of the jerky things Negan says, so I've held onto it, lol.

5 months later
#9081 3 years ago

I have TWD Premium on my wishlist, but I happened into a TWD Pro last year as part of a trade. I started playing it and after getting used to the rules, I absolutely love it. It's one of Lyman's best codes on any machine he's ever worked on IMO. Yeah, it does play brutal, but that's part of it's charm. You really have to battle it and it gives you a great adrenaline rush feeling when you're always on the edge of dying (draining) as you're making progress and are so close to Horde, Terminus, or LMS. If I have a good game my heart is pounding and I've got anxiety from trying to survive unlike any other pinball machine, which I think makes this machine really special. But everyone is different, so maybe this machine is just not one that will appeal to you Prodoshi. No harm in that.

1 month later
#9213 3 years ago

Yes HORDE!!! One of the best modes in all of pinball, in my esteemed opinion of course

4 weeks later
#9239 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Fix For Reluctant Drop Targets, Anyone?

I realize that sluggish drop targets on MET are common, so I looked at that owners' thread for a fix, but the discussion is about the opto involved getting tripped by the light show.

My farthest drop target will often fail to drop, despite being squarely struck or glanced. What's the mechanical solution? Do I replace the drop target or do I tinker with the spring and the perch?

Thanks.

Mr. Jehosaphat, Here's what I do to all my modern Stern drop targets banks (including TWD as pictured): I put a strip of shim stock beneath the rear of the drop target bank mounting foot, in this case .030" (thirty thousandths of an inch) thick. This tilts the entire drop target bank rearward slightly. Why do I this you may ask? Because the Stern drop targets have an angled face on them, probably designed with good intentions to stop air ball rebounds off them. However, when that angled face is hit at certain angles and speeds by a ball (mostly straight on and hit hard AF), it will cause the drop target to be lifted up while the angled face is in contact with the ball. Sometimes (maybe often times), the ball will stay in contact with the angled face of the drop target when the target is lifted and bent backwards by the momentum of the ball, then the ball will rebound while still in contact with the angle face of the drop target, and it will allow the drop target to set right back down on the drop target support, quicker than the blink of an eye, making it appear that the ball full on smashed that drop target with no resulting drop.

This shim helps negate that drop target face angle to a degree (that's almost a pun). You can experiment with shim thicknesses. I found .030" worked perfectly on my TWD. No more drop target bricks at all.

The suggestion of strengthening the drop target spring by loosening an end and re-hooking the spring farther down the body of the spring (about 1/4" or so) can also help, as it pulls down on the drop target with more force when the ball is in contact with the angled face of the drop target as previously noted. Maybe doing both will help you. It's something to try.

Good luck and happy flipping.
20200722_073231 (resized).jpg20200722_073231 (resized).jpg20200722_073259 (resized).jpg20200722_073259 (resized).jpg

#9245 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I don't know where I will find shims of this thickness. I do have some sheet aluminum. I will measure it with my dial calipers.

McMaster-Carr is a good source for plastic shim stock of various thicknesses. https://www.mcmaster.com/shim-stock/material~plastic/

The coral color #9513K25 is what I used. It actually looks orange.

You can actually by a whole set of different thicknesses for less than $40.00. See item #9513K42. It's useful for all sorts of things.

1 week later
#9283 3 years ago

It looks like there might be a burr from ball strikes on the very end of your shooter lane ball guide. The deflection from that little burr could be sending the ball off course. Can you feel the burr? If so, can you file it off?

#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's why you need the horde!

I like this better than a huge zombie head, but where would one obtain it? Or is it just a one of one custom piece not available for purchase?

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

something I made myself , not that hard to do but I have no plans on entering the mod making business,
I was hoping one of the mod makers with 3 d printing capabilities would start making them

Nice work. I don't know why Stern never did this in the first place. Must have been easier for them to get a huge zombie head, LOL.

1 month later
#9550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I don’t think so. Not sure what the count for LMS is.

Isn't it 115 on default settings? I think you were right there.

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah, I think default is 115, which is why i said that. I set mine down to the lowest allowed, which is still something crazy high like 90.

The best I've ever done is 97. I was trying for 115 at that point, but was on my last ball, and nope... I didn't make it. I've been tempted to lower the number on my TWD too.

1 year later
#10809 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Joined the club this week.

It's been said before, but damn what a great playing game and ruleset.

One of Lyman's best IMO, may he rest in peace. Welcome to the club!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Rum-Z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.