IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 8 years ago

Officially joined the club!

IMG_0777.JPGIMG_0777.JPG
#298 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not.

I can confirm this has been fixed on my Premium (my well walker works perfectly, and goes all the way back):

IMG_0781.JPGIMG_0781.JPG
#299 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Now let the modding begin

I received my blood splatter stickers the same day I got the pin!

Is Stern going to make/sell any more of the fish tank toppers? Then again, it almost seems too redundant on the Premium (fish tank on PF and translight already)

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Take another look it should look like this as pictured. Smaller plastic on top for full well walker motion. trust me you WILL be able to notice the difference

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 8.50.33 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks. QuarterGrabber also mentioned this to me in another thread. I will switch the plastics.

have you seen one of those toppers in person? I saw one at a fellow pinsiders home and was very underwhelmed. It was tiny, and I mean tiny. I am glad I didn't buy one. $400 it too much for that IMO. It should be more around the $199 price point.

Thanks for the heads up (haha!) on this. I will pass.

2 months later
#348 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I think TWD is a game that people appreciate more and more as time goes on. You need to get used to it so it doesn't just constantly kick your butt - and as you get better, you start to realize how awesome it really is. A majority of the naysayers have probably never moved passed the initial "butt-kicked" phase.

I couldn't agree with this more. This pretty much describes what was happening with me and my initial feedback to this pin, both on location and even in the first month of ownership.

I keep liking the pin more the longer I've had it. And yes, the code updates have certainly helped.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

premium with the LE translite

Huh?

One clear advantage the Premium has over the LE is the Premium translite!

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

oops, sorry, I shouldn't have posted that pic so quick....
IMG_0592.jpg

Damn dude, really? That's a really good score for someone who just got the pin!

#381 8 years ago

I've joined the Billionaire's Club!

I love this pin.

IMG_0855.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How many Walker kills on that amazing score?

IMG_0896.jpgIMG_0896.jpg

3 weeks later
#407 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did anyone still get bicycle ramp fly outs with the replacement plastic in the Stern fix kit?

Nope. Haven't had one since I installed the new plastic.

1 week later
#414 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Did that and the drains from the tunnels are stupid. Almost every 3rd ball from the tunnel goes drain. Male the table uneven then???????

It's so weird how so many of the pros have this issue in a big way, but the Premium and LE's don't.

Anyone know if there are any differences at that right ramp entry between the pro and Premium/LE?

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Joined the billionaire club today 104 walker kills

I gave you a big thumbs up, but then I read this:

...and had to undo my thumbs up.

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The xbow and bicycle ramp are my 2 biggest cons about the prem/LE. I really really didn't like going for the bicycle girl when playing it.

Bicycle Girl is actually very well implemented on the Premium/LE. It is definitely a risk/reward shot, because shots to BG on the Premium/LE are dangerous and can result in a drain. On the other hand, if you choose not to shoot BG when it's running, you miss out on the opportunity for adding a Multi-Kill and progression towards Horde.

Bicycle Girl on the pro will be much easier, and an absolute no-brainer to shoot for since it's a simple ramp shot that you can just keep looping once you get the ball to the right flipper.

Quoted from Apollyon:

And RobT, you may as well drag your butt up here with SKB. That way I can ensure that none of my games have my initials on them.
We do have one of the largest malls, one of the longest river trail systems, outstanding summer and winter festivals, and are only 3-4 hours from the best mountains in the world.
Plus, with our dollar completely in the shitter, its almost free for you to come here.

That would be awesome!

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Not looking to "one up" anyone , but i always wanted to post when i hit the Billionaires club too.
Well it just happened in a big way and i was very excited to see the score when Ball 3 ended. Had an extra ball still to play which i tanked on.
congrats apollyon

IMAG1267.jpg IMAG1270.jpg IMAG1265.jpg IMAG1269.jpg

That Riot score is bat shit insane!

In all seriousness, I had no idea that type of score was even possible on a timed mode like that. I'm convinced I do not know all the rules surrounding Riot based on your score here. Wow.

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Riot is huge, double scoring starts with the tower hit. Also need a multiball or two going. I just got my largest riot score at 267,100,100.

Yeah, mine is around 230 million. He's almost 3 times that!

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

Tell me that you didn't just now realize this?!

The same concept applies when you are in Horde (collect weapons...when you are down to needing 1 or 2 more shots to add another ball, hit the Walker Bomb(s))

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm curious as well. Never knew this.

Yep. MB has them too. On AFM if the Launch button is flashing while the martians are a jigglin', you can use the bomb to kill a martian. If you are down to your last martian it starts martian multiball.

On MM you use a bomb to kill trolls.

On Monster Bash, bombs give you a free shot towards completion of a mode.

#482 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And this is precisely why I bought TWD without batting an eye. I knew that with Lyman doing the code the game would get the love it deserves. Installing now ....

In Lyman We Trust!

1 week later
#510 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's kinda depressing to hear; the two TWDs I played (prem and a pro) didn't seem to have this issue. Has there been any kind of tweaks to fix this? I imagine softer coil power will help and/or different type of rubber. Different color or super band?

To be clear, there appears to be a discussion of two different issues taking place here.

There is (was) the issue with the BG/CDC ramp on the left. This was addressed with the fix kit from Stern. The issue that Gweem (and Batti) is referring to is the Arena (right) ramp. If you hit that ramp at speed (almost always during a combo), the ball will go flying off of it with high velocity. My Premium (that you've played several times) definitely does this. It just doesn't happen a ton.

It's too bad when it happens, because otherwise it would be a super fast and super satisfying combo!

1 week later
#534 8 years ago

Why bother? If you get this mod it is mounted right at the hump where the ball always flys off, thus preventing anymore air balls off that ramp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-burning-barn-by-mezelmods

That isn't where the ball goes flying off the ramp on mine. It flies off of the right ramp as it's going up, not when it's coming down.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Mines the same one day the ball will smash the crossbow/fish tank sign lol-changing coil strength won't help as it's the speed of the ball coming around the orbit that's causes the power of the ball. I've even had the ball hit the PF back panel lol

Bingo! I've had the exact same experience, and I completely agree that lowering the coil strength will not help at all because it's the speed of the ball when it comes to the flipper that's the issue.

#551 8 years ago

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine. Not even remotely getting tired of it yet. Still the most played pin in my collection.

Yesterday I had started all the modes, simply needed to time out the last one and could have started Escape Terminus...then I drained from the damn Crossbow of all things.

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What kind of pitch you guys going with on this pin?

I'm at 6.6

If you go too steep, I would think the right ramp would get harder to make. So many times that ball just barely creeps over the crest to make it all the way around...

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Similar but sometimes mine wouldn't even come out or fire and I'd have to take the glass off to fix.
This latest fix of making the home position switch trigger sooner and staying closed longer has vastly improved. 4 games and approximately 10/10 on xbow. So you may want to try that switch. I used the leaf adjusting tool from pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

Update?

I think you told me it turned out to be the switch that recognized the ball, not the home switch?

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It sucks that you are having issues, and you have every right to be frustrated. I don't think it's fair to compare the game to Avengers, though. With TAV, the need to majorly tweak it was pretty much inescapable. Other than perhaps a few switch adjustments for the bash toys, TWD is generally quite a solid player right out of the box. Yes, the left ramp was a problem on early builds, but that has since been corrected by the factory. The crossbow issue you are experiencing is not common at all.

I agree. Mine has been great out of the box other than the left ramp issue which was quickly fixed by Stern. No comparison at all with Avengers, as virtually every one of those had numerous things that needed to be tweaked/dialed in.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. What tweaks have you guys done to the zombie in the barn? Granted, I haven't looked at the switch yet, but plan to this weekend. Lemme know your suggestions. Thanks!

The only thing you can really do here is adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. Mine does not register every hit either. There must be something about the angle of it, because my Well Walker and Bicycle Girl register the slightest of impacts.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When we were playing your TWD, I remember the xbow not working from time to time like mine is. It would start to go then stop and sometimes go and release, and other times it would ball search itself. Is that not the case anymore?

It's actually pretty much *never* done that except for when you played it! Funny how that works.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I adjusted the sensitivity on the switch of multiple games we worked on so they were more sensitive and registered all hits. Out of the box I found the majority were not sensitive enough.

Did you mean this reply to apply to his question/problems with the cross bow? Or are you talking about the prison walker?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Interesting. Makes me wonder if it's a bug during 2-player games? I had mine working great then played a game the other day with my niece and it started acting up again.
Next time you guys play your TWD can you do me a favor and play a few 2-player games and let me know if it acts up?

I don't know how a 2 player game would screw up the cross bow. I will give it a try tonight though.

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I was referring to the Prison walker. The Crossbow issue was not common in the games we worked on.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Glad I'm not alone. Bothers me when a main feature doesn't work more than 95% of the time. Especially since I was just learning the rules of the bow and actually enjoying it a lot.

He said that it goes into ball search once in awhile. So does mine. Started happening after the most recent update and its common.

I don't think this is the same issue that you are having. Even when the game goes into ball search when the ball is locked in the crossbow, the crossbow still works when you hit the button. Is that what's happening with yours?

For some reason by crossbow doesn't go into ball search nearly as often as it did right after the update.

#631 8 years ago

I need them to be like this:

Messages_Image2121411729.pngMessages_Image2121411729.png

8 months later
#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm back playing TWD again after taking a little break with Indy 500 and a few others.
Simply one of the best pins ever.

Agreed!

Had to change my avatar back to TWD for this very reason.

#2823 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh yeah.... Forgot to add... I'm in the club! Thanks to cointaker!

Congrats!!

Hope you find the pin to be as completely addicting as I and many others have.

#2834 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are there any alternate translites available other than these:
http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Translites---Decals/The-Walking-Dead/
Thinking more like RobT's avatar:

Or:

All I know is that I better get royalties!

#2894 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone help here?
My Premium just started acting strangely.
In attract mode and during the game it is like all the lights are flickering way too fast now?
I have zero clue what it might be.

This is a known issue. I had it too. Did you ever get the upgraded power wire for the insert lighting? You can try making sure that the connector on the pcb board under the pf has not come loose. Take it off and put it back on. For me, this was only a temporary solution until I got the replacement wire from Stern.

Edit: link to one of the threads discussing this (and there is a link in this thread to a thread made prior to that one):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy

#2897 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ok, thanks - good info.
And when I looked under my p/f it was this wire I jiggled and problem went away for now.
Is there a part number for upgraded wire? Looks a bear to fit as those disappear into the loom never to be seen again?!

Look at the picture in post number 7 in this thread, it shows you what the cable looks like:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-gi-is-flickering-help-please#post-2613941

Contact your distributor and Stern about this. Stern will know exactly what the issue is. Several people have received the upgraded cable

1 month later
#3124 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was talking to someone the other day who said that Lyman considers his code for TWD to be his finest work, and he will continue to tweak until he feels it has reached perfection.

I agree with Lyman!

It's really amazing when you think about it. Go back to some of the early discussions of TWD, not just from Pinside (and I include myself in this) but a discussion involving Bowen where he said something to the effect of "I tried to enjoy TWD but I couldn't" and Lyman responded by saying that TWD was a botched license. This kind of gave the impression that there was little hope that TWD would ever be turned into one of Stern's best pins.

But Lyman did his magic, and it's one of my favorite pins of all time.

6 months later
#4140 7 years ago

I just discovered some kind of weird bug in the TWD scoring.

I just had one of my all time best games (in fact, it probably was my best). I got to LMS (only the 2nd time ever), completed it, kept going....and when I finished, my final score was.........103 million!

WTF?

Got my initials up for most walkers killed, best CDC score, and something else that I don't recall. But no initials for my final score (why would there be for a score of 103 million?)

Last time I looked up, before starting LMS I was in the 3 billion range. Not sure what happened, but somehow my score appears to have reset along the way. Very strange.....and disappointing.

#4145 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

My understanding is that you can "roll the game" just like with an old-school EM. In other words, there is a max possible score the programming can handle and then it resets to zero. If I had to guess, the max score might be 8,589,934,592, which is 2^33, but I could very well be wrong.

Interesting. I am pretty sure my score was not that high though, but honestly, I completely lost track of my score when I started LMS.

#4154 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Doesn't this happen to Keith Elwin on his YouTube video of the game ?

Looked it up and you are correct.

At the end they mention that the game "rolls over" at around 4.2 or 4.3 billion. I can't believe that a modern pin can be rolled like that. Weird and disappointing.

My prior high score (from the first time I got to LMS and defeated it) was 3.85 billion.

I wonder what my score was?

#4238 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

BG ramp is a big plus on Premium/LE - does not kill flow if it's adjusted to be smooth (not hard with the ramp extension), and BG mode provides a change in the playfield layout. On the Pro you are always just hitting the ramp, over and over. On the Premium, sometimes it's a ramp, and sometimes it's a bash toy --->>> more variety makes it more exciting/fun IMO. Also, when it's the bash toy the action is faster, as the ball comes back to the flippers faster than when you make the ramp shot. BTW - it also enhances the strategy on the game, as it is beneficial to combine BG and CDC so you can make faster progress on CDC with the ramp "up".

Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.