IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Our_Man_in_Oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7881 4 years ago

Joined the club last week when I landed a very nice condition premium from another member. I've spent a fair bit of time adding mods, etc. I was pretty much ready to start enjoying it when I realised there's solenoid issues specifically with the bicycle girl ramp, crossbow launch and right drop target. Everything else is fine. I'm totally scratching my head with this one. I'm not seeing voltage at the playfield end but nothing appears wrong at the power driver board visually.

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Right drop target? The solenoids are shown on page 9 of your manual. The only connection I see between the three you listed is the ramp and drop target bank both use power line connector J10-P9/10 (pins 9 & 10?).

Did everything work before you started adding mods? Do any of the mods you added use the wires going to the solenoids that are now acting up?
Do you have continuity from the connector to the solenoid? Example: Ramp uses connectors J10-P9/10 (power, YEL-VIO wire) and J8-P6 (control, BRN-GRN wire). Test continuity from those connectors to the solenoid.

Thanks, I have to use a PDF version of manual, but yeah I already spotted that with the shared wiring by eye and traced it back.

I don’t know frankly, I had a bit of work to do as as an import machine before firing it up , so I just kept going to get the back box led installed ie removing the ballast etc (which piggybacks a different circuit as per other mods), topper, prison tower - rest were non electrical. I will definitely test continuity today from the power driver board today and go from there with the multimeter.

EDIT: After testing continuity and finding no issues, I started looking more widely. I should have know, sometimes its the most obvious things which don't appear to be related at the time. When I got the machine, both of the small wires on J2 were loose. I had thought I'd reseated them in the connector, upon checking them it turns out they must have still not been making proper contact still. Soon as I got them making proper contact again, bingo problem gone and we were away. Finally got some good games up. Clocked 205m in my second game. I'm really getting to see why people really love having TWD in their collections. Excellent flow and so much going on, the amount of modes you can stack, the multiball, etc.

1 year later
#9871 3 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Just picked up a HUO TWD Premium. It has a NIB uninstalled Stern aquarium topper and an uninstalled shaker motor. It also has a number of plastic playfield signs that Stern apparently sold separately which are also uninstalled. I plan to play the game for a bit and see if I like it and then decide whether its a keeper or a flipper. My question is should I install the topper and shaker or hold them off to sell separately in the event I don't keep it? Or does it even matter one way or the other?

I'd say just install the shaker, it's a generic part and will enhance the gameplay anyway. The topper maybe decide first if you want to keep the machine since it would be a bit more valuable (maybe not massively) NIB. I bought my topper secondhand and still paid plenty, would owe me $750 (deducting a few extra mods thrown in).

Incidentally, I would be amazed if you don't like it. If there's ever going to be a game to buy without trying (Something I don't do a lot myself with few exceptions), this is probably one of the safest bets.

2 years later
#11653 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Covid prices are long gone in Aus.. So many rumors about a tron remake as well.

Still a ton of clowns here in Aus trying it on with prices. I have a laugh nearly every day still on the FB groups here. There's a guy here currently trying to sell an operated Avatar LE for $19K as well. Now seeing a lot of machines sitting on sale for months on end.

#11655 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Be happy to get the 19k for my Tron pro they are asking too...maybe.

Probably have a better chance with the desirability of Tron. Doesn't sound like a it's on the cards as a remake from Stern in the next year's slate of titles either.

5 months later
#11799 7 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

FINALLY joined the billion club!! Start of ball 3 I was 997m end of ball 3 1.006b lol! This is the best game ever thank you John Borg, Lyman and everyone else who touched this game to make it amazing!! Should be pinside #1
[quoted image]

man I'm still so far away from that kind of score. I think it's time to use my newer digital level on it as I haven't been over it in years to check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Our_Man_in_Oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Our_Man_in_Oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.