IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4705 6 years ago

Guys Im new to pinball and got an LE on the way. It had only 300 plays, and looked in mint condition, no mods. Anything I should do when I first get it..anything I should change right away? Some video mentioned something about adding some more support under a ramp or something.
Thanks

#4726 6 years ago

Got my Walking Dead LE today. Wheeled it from the garage to my walk out basement and set it up by myself, pretty proud of myself. I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

#4730 6 years ago

Man thats sucks.. I like coil knockers. This pinball doesn't feel as well built as my MMR LE. Im kind of disappointed, who is this annoying voice actor and why he is he telling me that "bicycle girl is lit". What an annoying voice.
Im like shut up.

#4732 6 years ago

Yeah I

Quoted from chuckwurt:Haha. Why did you buy a game you don't like?

Yeah I think I made a mistake. Oh well, I got simpson pinball party coming tomm. Isn't it possible to change the voice call outs or something, some mod?

#4736 6 years ago

Im just airing it out. I hope it goes away with time, maybe I need to really clean the inside with some cleaning agent. I got my Simpsons P inball Party this am.. amazing game! Love it!

#4763 6 years ago

Im trying to install the topper, a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. Already scratched my play field because those stupid plastic pieces on that resistor square piece kept falling off. How do you guys get that thing mounted on those four metal posts? I keep feeling like Im going to break if it I push it in any further? The one with the 7 pin connector. Is it necessary to push it all the way in and then use those 4 nuts?

Thanks

1 week later
#4822 6 years ago

Hey guys I need help with the crossbow. The ball loads just fine, but now there is a delay when I press the shoot button and when it fires the crossbow, it wasn't doing that before.. maybe like a 1 second delay.. anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

#4824 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the ball is getting seated all the way back in the mech. Make sure nothing is hanging it up.

Ok thanks for the advice, I will check it. Was working great for a few weeks since I got it. Hopefully that device doesn't need to be replaced. I am new to pinball, replacing it will make me nervous.

#4826 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never had an issue with mine but seen others that have. Never needed replacing on the others. Just adjustments. Just take your time and be careful. Also if it has that crossbow mod on it that can cause things to hang up too if not adjusted properly. Good luck.

I took the glass off, and took a ball and kept putting it in to the crossbow. Its working fine now, smooth. Thats weird. Well anyways, thanks for the help! I guess a false alarm.

Mo!

10 months later
#6418 5 years ago

Guys Im having trouble with my TWD LE. I emailed Stern but no reply. The well walker multiball keeps triggering even when Im not hitting that bash toy. Do you guys have any ideas?

#6439 5 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So I decided to see how the electrical tape ideal worked out. Put it in a few we’ll placed spots around the glass and the translite. The rattle I would say is about 85-90% calmed down for sure. The shaker motor is already more enjoyable. I did order the controller yesterday so I will probably still install that as well so I can get the desired shake. Thanks all for help, I will let ya know if I need further help installing!

Just FYI I installed a factory stern shaker into my Tron le and it shaked the playefield crazy , so stern recommended changing the weights on the motor so they were about 90 degrees from each other it worked fantastic much more calm but still effective

1 week later
#6507 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch for the well walker, I have read about others that replaced it and it helped with random triggers
thanks

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you tried gapping first?

can you explain what I should do, I lifted the playfield up, and see the switch. Do I insert something between it and the metal plate that it touches?
Thanks!

#6513 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys, I took that metal thingy and pulled it back a little bit, so far so good.

10 months later
#7765 5 years ago

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

#7766 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Here's a screeshot, showing how the Game Guide is made to work great on a phone...
[quoted image]

Man I never knew about this, awesome!

#7769 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

After I install the dmd do I just update the code for Cleland like I normally would by putting usb in that board on the backbox?

#7790 5 years ago

Just finished install color dmd this am it actually was pretty easy . But man oh man I didn’t realize what a mess of wires twd is compared to newer machines . It’s like crazy under the play field !

#7791 5 years ago

hey guys so color dmd is awesome and all, but it doesn't fill up the whole screen, is there a way to adjust that? I know it can vertically but what about enlarging the picture to fill the screen edges?

#7800 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does it look smaller than this?
[quoted image]

It’s this big see the blAck border is that normal ?

14E797DF-17AE-4C11-BE15-1E7B721EE466 (resized).jpeg14E797DF-17AE-4C11-BE15-1E7B721EE466 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7902 4 years ago

Has anyone with a TWD installed that shaker motor adjustment dial? My shaker is way too much and its irritating me. It shakes so hard, I think it actually triggers the well walker. What i want to know is it safe, and did it work well? I could always try adjusting the weights on the shaker but last time I tried it broke 3 drill bits just trying to get that damn screw out

Thanks

#7909 4 years ago

Well I changed the weights on the shaker motor and while under Playfield decided to adjust well walker switch. Well it broke .. anyone have any suggestions ? It looks like its an easy replacement the problem I have is it looks soldered onto the wire harness. I may need help on that one.
4ADD3DAA-1458-4CC6-86E4-F4253B344495 (resized).jpeg4ADD3DAA-1458-4CC6-86E4-F4253B344495 (resized).jpeg

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots of YT videos out there on how to solder. This would be an easy 1-2 minute job. Should find the switch on Any pinball parts website.

Thanks for advice I’m sure it’s easy but me and hot things just don’t work out right , every time in damn chem class when I had to use stupid benson burner I would break this that and get burned .. I have a pinball repair guy nearby I’ll contact him and see if I can send it to him for repair shouldn’t cost too much .. unless there is a way to solder without heat ? Also I would have to take off the solder from original switch ?

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I did mine. 10 minutes to install and set. Never a problem

I was actually able to finally get the weight off. I adjusted it to 180 degrees.. it makes like no shaking at all.. so now I gotta take it out again and do 90 degrees.. I think that will fix my shaking motor issues. No for this bicycle girl mod .. sigh.. getting that wire in the hole is freaking hard.

#7916 4 years ago

Does anyone have the green bicycle mod off of ebay? I just tried installing it and it doesn't work.. looking for some tips. I threaded the wire down the hole, and connected the new cable to the PCB block using the first two pins as discussed in instructions, then replaced the old wire on the first two pins again. Is this wrong?

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have the green bicycle mod off of ebay? I just tried installing it and it doesn't work.. looking for some tips. I threaded the wire down the hole, and connected the new cable to the PCB block using the first two pins as discussed in instructions, then replaced the old wire on the first two pins again. Is this wrong?

I contacted the guy who sells the mod on Ebay. Turns out the wiring on the mod block is incorrect, and he will send me a new one. I kept wondering why this thing wasnt' working. Tried like 100 times. So if someone has this mod and it doesn't work, contact the seller!

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What brand shaker motor do you have, and what issues are you experiencing with it? It makes sense that you would feel very little shaking with the weights set at 180 degrees, since they are essentially cancelling each other out.

I think its the Stern shaker. I had similar problems w/ my Tron, was shaking the play field like crazy. Gameroomguys adjusted the weights on the Tron and its been great since. The problem with TWD, I think the amount of shaking was actually triggering well walker switch! So I will try 90 degrees, I think that will fix problems

1 week later
#7944 4 years ago

Guys my well walker is still triggering ghost shots and I can't figure it out. I even toned down the shaker motor and got my well walker switch replaced. I think its triggering near the pop bumpers but not sure. Anyone have similar problems?

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Simple switch adjustment. Make it less sensitive. It’s a little more difficult to adjust a cherry switch, but it’s still pretty easy. There’s only one on the well walker. Can’t miss it.

Yes the last time I adjusted it it shattered and I had to get it replaced . Do u really think it’s the switch ? I feel like there is something else triggering it

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s always been the switch every time I’ve heard of this happening. Anything is possible though. How did it shatter? Did the actuator just come off or did it snap in half? What did you use to adjust it?

I used a switch adjustment tool and the top metal thing broke right off the plastic switch. So I bought a new one and had some solder it for me and test it . It’s like brand new . That’s why I’m questioning if it’s actually the switch

#7951 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try the zconnector like some one else suggested. If that’s making a poor connection I guess that could cause issues too. But to me it sounds like switch adjustment.
If I remember right, this is a normally closed switch so when you hit the WW, it opens and registers the hit. Pop the hood and see if when the WW is at rest, it’s barely pushing the switch closed.
Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this. If every little vibration is opening that switch, it could be your issue.

is it possible it was just the code I was using? Because I updated from Cleland old version to the official stern version and I think things are ok so far (crossing my fingers!)

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Certainly a possibility.

I have isolated it to the flippers changing the code did nothing . If I use the left flippper sometimes It triggers well walker anyone know what to do now ?

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have isolated it to the flippers changing the code did nothing . If I use the left flippper sometimes It triggers well walker anyone know what to do now ?

I think you guys are right it probably is the switch I’ll test it and see . I’ve always been confused how to use stern switch test. Do I just go to switch menu and should see it activate randomly if that is the problem?

#7959 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Go there and manually activate other switches to get a sense of how the test works. When you activate a switch it will flash up in the screen with the name of the switch you’re activating.

If it is the switch bend the bar up away from the switch ? I won’t use that tool again and hopefully not snap it off like
Last time

#7968 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well not necessarily because the well walker is a normally closed switch. So you might need to bend it away from the well walker more so it takes more of a hit to him to register it.
When you snapped the first one it sounds like the metal actuator just popped off the switch. You could’ve probably snapped it right back on.
Put the game in switch test, pop the hood and play around with the well walker switch and get an idea for how it works. Once you know how it works, you’ll have a better understanding on how to fix it.

Man this is like the hardest switch ! I move walker back it triggers I bend him forward it triggers . I think I need to close the gap between switch and actuator ? I hope that fixes this once and for all very annoying cumbersome switch

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just look at it this way. Once you get it locked, you’ll be a pro at it! Haha

I give up I’ll just have my pinball tech look at it and fix it he’s pretty good . I hope he can get it over with

#8005 4 years ago

Well Finally my pinball tech came and fixed some other pins and adjusted the switch on well walker.. no more ghost shots thank goodness now I can finally enjoy !

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well Finally my pinball tech came and fixed some other pins and adjusted the switch on well walker.. no more ghost shots thank goodness now I can finally enjoy !

Nevermind, still getting stupid ghost shots from well walker. And today for the first time the lights all went crazy like some LED dance or something. Ugh

1 week later
#8038 4 years ago

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Do you have a shaker motor? The only ghost hits I get is when my shaker goes off.

Yes I do, and I thought that was the problem so I adjusted the weights, but even the flippers can trigger it. Just a quick question tho, I am not sure if my shaker motor is official stern. It has this bar that runs down the middle.. is that a cointaker shaker?

#8043 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

At this point I would replace the switch. Does it trigger when you pound the playfield with your fist?

a little bit, it triggers with pop bumpers and the

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This switch has already been replaced. But couldn’t hurt to have 4-5 extras to play around with.

I wish it was that easy, but it has to be soldered to that wire. My tech is still working on it, I think adjusting that spring helped a bit, he will replace the switch again and replace the spring. I hope thats the end of it.

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally in the lineup...love this game!!! couple of pics...note it's ominous neighbors (primarily AlienLE just to it's left on side wall)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey where did you get the glowing shooter rod for wOZ? It looks awesome

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Need a little help...trying to help out a friend.
Can someone take a pic of the well walker switch (on an LE)?
When I look at the pro manual, it doesn't show it with a diode attached directly to the switch, but that it's down on the wire attached under the playfield.
His well walker is constantly getting hits with it being hit. But when we go to test, it works fine. Just during game play, it is registering one phantom hit after another.
Thanks!!!!

I have the same exact issue and my pinball tech is working on it. If you figure it out please let me know !

10 months later
#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Bicycle girl mod and Led lit airball protector. Fitted to well walker flasher. That’s it for today. Time to play it and fit more later. Love having this game back. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you get it so that bicycle girl light doesn't keep moving around? I get it all set, tighten it down pretty good and next thing I know the light is flashing to the left of the playfield
Very annoying.

1 month later
#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Having issues with code switching on my Walking Dead pro. I have updated code on this several times and never had any issues. Currently it’s not allowing me to switch code. I’m wanting to get it back to original Stern code from my Cleland Slayer code currently. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’ve tried several different versions of both factory code straight from Stern site as well as different Cleland and it won’t load anything. Game just sits in reboot. No different if I power cycle manually. Dip switch on 8. Seems to acknowledge putting USB in. Game works fine on current code.
I’ve tried multiple USB drives, including a brand new one. I’ve formatted the drives, I’ve done a factory reset, redownloaded code, and Yes, I’m using the .bin file and NOT the zip.
I have an email to Stern but who knows if I’ll hear back. Any other suggestions?

I always had problems with intsallling new code, until I used PNY usb sticks. For some reason every single USB stick I used (other brands) didnt work with any of Stern games, until I tried this brand. Dont know why.

#9324 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I always had problems with intsallling new code, until I used PNY usb sticks. For some reason every single USB stick I used (other brands) didnt work with any of Stern games, until I tried this brand. Dont know why.

That would irritate me, dont know what to suggest next.

1 year later
#10428 2 years ago

Is there an easier way to get a mode started other then hitting those drop targets on the left? Or is that the only way?
Thanks

11 months later
#11024 1 year ago

Is there any easier way to start a mode other then hitting those 3 damn drop targets way off the left side?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.