R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

anyone have any idea when the LE are being shipped? I heard they were on the line last week at the Stern factory.

Thats what I heard too. I'm kinda expecting mine around the first of November, at least before the Thanksgiving holiday. I recall that was when my STLE was shipped to my house, so I'm guessing Stern kinda follows the same schedule.

3 months later
#237 9 years ago

These are well made. The rules has small print, but who reads the rule sheet anyway! LOL

I printed mine, but they are just a tad smaller than the regular ones. May have to print them just a little bit bigger.

1 year later
#3320 7 years ago

Requesting some help from a fellow pinsider. I gave up on my BG ramp. The shot is so clunky and really is starting to take away the fun of the game. I adjusted the ramp so much my BG light mod that I added doesn't even work now. I know someone made a mod that smooths out the ramp shot now, but I can't find it anywhere (along with the price).

Can someone help so I can fall in love with this pin again? You can pinside email me if you would like.

Thanks in advance!

#3330 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Link to the ramp fix thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix
As for getting it to work without the mod, mine is pretty smooth. Biggest change was fixing the gap on the ramp between the fixed and lift part (shorter hex posts). It has been pretty smooth ever since. Mine had the Stern ramp fix kit on it, but I put in the Cliffy and removed the foam pads from the bottom of the ramp flap as it was causing some extra bounce.
All in all I am satisfied. I am sure the mod would make it even a bit smoother, but most of the rejects I get now are because of bad shots, not hangups on the ramp/flap.

Thanks Paul and Lermods. Going to give it a shot (pun intended)

2 weeks later
#3430 7 years ago

I was getting frustrated with my BG ramp. It was so clunky and really took the pleasure of playing the pin. I swear, I almost sold my LE because of it, but I loved the show and the theme so much.

I reached out here on Pinside and asked for a solution and eventually I was contacted by pinsider T7 about his ramp fix. I was really ready to try anything, so I bought one from him.

It came in the mail in a plain envelope. Opened it up and got a piece of metal ramp with a separate piece of foam backing. At first I thought there was no way this was going to work, but for giggles I went ahead and put them on (very easy installation). Fired the pin up and specifically aimed for that cursed left ramp.

Well shut my mouth........IT WORKS! I mean it went from a clunky shot to a buttery smooth shot in an instant. I couldn't believe it. T7, you're a genius!! If anyone is having the same problem as me, then contact him and get this fix.

I told T7 I would sing his name from the mountains if it worked, but I figure the climb would be too hard on my knees so I decided to post it on Pinside instead. Thanks again!

4 years later
#9889 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Pro owners. Had anyone filled the void under the bicycle girl ramp? Seems like it is a good spot for a toy, like maybe the macfarlane bicycle girl (have to make some cuts to fit). Or maybe just add the a static bicycle girl head from the LE?

I just received my pro as well, years after I sold my LE. What can I say, I missed blasting zombies as well.

I’m wanting to know the same question and was wanting to put the Todd McFarlane BG figure under the ramps as well. I do recall someone did that to their pro pin, but I can’t seem to locate the pic. I saw they have a BG flash drive on eBay as well, but 45 bucks. Yikes!

#9890 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just received my NIB Pro. Must be the luck of the Irish because it came in three days early. Mods on order and red Titans to put on. Super stoked to kill some zombies.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your new purchase.

What mods did you order for it?

I ordered the train track mods (RR tracks and crossing sign combo) from Cointakers, but as soon as I placed the order and cash was accepted, they sent me an email the next day it was on back order. I wonder why they just didn’t say “Out of Stock” on their web site instead?

Anyways, just a heads up. Shaker is pretty awesome in this game.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was thinking about getting the train tracks so thanks for the heads up. I ordered the fish tank and The Crate mod. I also got the comic alternate translite so my kid doesn’t get so spooked out. Next will be a Color DMD and maybe Pinstadiums.

Definitely get the color dmd/lcd. Kinda pricey, but it adds an extra dimension to the game. Plus it really makes the great animations “pop” even better.

1 week later
#9921 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Was thinking of picking up a Walking Dead. What are your thoughts on a Pro versus the Premium? Is it worth the extra $$? Thanks for the help!

I had the LE at one point and I just recently bought a Pro because I really missed the fun shots, the dmd animations and the rules of the pin. Here are my thoughts, but I may be in the minority.

The bicycle girl ramp on my LE never worked right. Granted, I was one of the very early buyers and they may have fixed the issue, but initially I had a real difficult time hitting that left ramp. On mine, the ramp would slam down and it caused (2) small scratches on the playfield. I know Borg fixed the issue when he made The Munsters and the Spot shot, because now it's designed better and is buttery smooth and fun as hell to hit that shot. I bought a flap fix for the ramp later on and it did seem to help with the problem though.

The fish tank in the back right corner of the pin is really cool, but you can get a mod to make it look just as good. As one pinsider said, there's TWD season 3 or 4 collectors edition that has the heads in the fish tank and I just put it back there and it looks really good.

The crossbow and the drop target in front of the Woodbury shot wasn't really missed (at least not for me) and in both versions I dare say the Woodbury shot is my favorite shot in the game. Again, my crossbow sometimes wouldn't load the ball right, so maybe my decision would have changed if the crossbow and the Bicycle girl ramp was worked out. On the pro, you can still play the crossbow shot without the moving crossbow on the Premium/LE version. Now, you have to hit the shots using the flippers and not the crossbow mechanism. I don't even miss the magnet in front of the well walker to be honest with you.

With all that being said, the one thing I really missed from the premium/LE version is the GI lighting and I'm not much on lighting effects. When you get the "Beware the Horde" mini-wizard mode, the GI lights start pulsating red and the sound of a heavy heart beat helps intensify the effect. I haven't hit that mode yet on my pro, but I know I going to really miss the lighting effects on that shot and the last thing I thought before I sold my LE was how much I'm going to miss the feeling of getting that mode. I'm no pinball wizard so I haven't hit very many of these modes, but I can't think of any other one that beats this one. The walker bomb on the Premium/LE is really cool, but it's not a game changer.

That being said, I really like my Pro and was worth the purchase for me. I'm in the middle of putting some cool mods on it as well, so good luck on your decision. IF you're able to play the premium before purchasing and those (2) shots I was telling you about seem to work fine, then go with the premium if money is no object. But you won't miss out much on getting the pro version.

#9926 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

What ramp flap fix did you use? There's a thread about one, but then it seemed that the person took the money and ran. I had divots in my playfield from the BG ramp so I added a Cliffy playfield protector and now the ramp isn't nearly as smooth. It seems like the Cliffy made it slightly steeper and I think a flap extention would help it out. Thanks.

It was a small metal flap that a Pinsider made back in the early days of TWD release. Wasn’t much and, if I recall right, it just was attached to the bottom of the ramp and it was stuck on there by some type of adhesive. It did make the ramp shot a little bit better, but the flap did extend out and cover some of the playfield art. However, I can’t recall who made it and even if he is on Pinside anymore. It didn’t cost much though.

I added Mylar around the bottom of the ramp where the ramp would slam down, but not until after I noticed the small scratches on the playfield.

4 months later
#10240 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think there has been many over the years, I can tell you from my experience and just my opinion. I had an LE years ago and ended up selling it, picked up a pro from a friend and awesome seller this year and IMHO I love the way to pro shoots over the LE. There were just some things about the LE that were little hiccups for me.
Bicycle girl ramp aside from needing foam under the flap to prevent damage to the PF, it just never seemed to sit right at the split joint and I was getting a ton of rejected shots no matter how many adjustments I tried.
The second magnet in front of the well walker was cool to have but not necessary, along with the crossbow feature.
Woodbury drop target, that dam decal would always seem to keep peeling off and jam the drop target often so I don't miss that as well, actually really like the flow without it.
Okay the lockbar Walker Bomb button, this to me is the biggest value loss when going from a LE/Prem to a pro, but to be honest again not a 4000 worth of a loss. However it's all about what you prefer.
For (me) I love the pro and very satisfied with it as such that for my liking I don't feel the need to upgrade for the few differences.

I agree totally on this post. If I had to do anything, I really miss the light show you get when you get to Beware The Horde mode on the Premium/LE versions. The red GI lights would flash and pulsate like a heartbeat while setting up the mode.

The bicycle girl ramp is super smooth on the pro, while the LE version I had was super clunky (even after some fixes). If Borg would have designed that ramp like he did on The Munsters' Spot Ramp, then that would have been a game changer.

Still, I had to get a pro version back mostly because of the theme, code, and DMD animations. Some of the best Stern has ever done.

1 month later
#10422 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Picked up a pro after owning a premium awhile back. Has anyone modded their pro with some red lighting to strobe with horde mode? One of the few things I miss from the premium.

I'm curious if you get a response because I feel the same way. I had a LE at one time and sold it, eventually buying a maxed out Pro which I love. I think it shoots better than an LE and the only thing I miss on the Premium/LE is the lightshow for the Horde mode.

2 years later
#11720 72 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I got that really awesome alternate backglass art, but when I went to put it it, I realized the LE glass is full glass (strangely, I've never looked).
The LE artwork is really not kid friendly, so wondering how I can put this new one in.
Would I need to get another backglass frame?
[quoted image]

Nope, they all fit perfectly. You're going to love that translite once you get it on the pin. Remember the walking dead first started out in the comics and later in the show, so it's going to fit the theme perfectly. When I sold my TWD pro, I ended up keeping the translite because it looks so cool and is very well made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 16.00
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.