IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Humph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I'll admit as an owner I have a bias, but hot damn, this is the best machine I've ever played. I've hardly touched my other two since I got this back in October. So challenging yet addictive - and I think thats really the holy grail for play. It walks the fine line between too hard and "god DAMMIT, ok just one more." I love that. I love the calculated risks you take when going for the drops or the stabs. Do I left orbit just one more time to build up the pop bonus? Do I try and build up the 2x timer some more or collect it now and get the points? Nearly every shot seems to require an evaluation of risk. Code is brilliant already in my opinion, and only going to get better as it gets fleshed out a little more.

Have to agree with you there, e4mafia. Just picked up a *used* TWD LE 3 days ago & loving it so far.

11 months later
#1020 8 years ago

I have a TWD LE (#416) bought Dec. 2014 from a fellow pinsider, but have not (yet) experienced the light bug issue seen in the YouTube video from Ibarakuro.

A connector reseat under the playfield seems to be a fix as per Markmon, but also a new (free) wiring harness is being offered by Stern as gweempose states.

Gweempose -- how long ago was this offered & do you know if it is still being offered?

Should I be asking Stern for the beefier harness?

Not sure if this affects LEs or if my machine is considered an early build.

Advice appreciated.

#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It is my understanding that since this is a known design flaw, Stern will replace the harness even if the game is out of warranty.

Thanks Gweempose

#1030 8 years ago

Great score, Markmon.
I have yet to see LMS myself.
I see you have the prison tower mod, mine should arrive this week.

#1034 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Is that the tower next to the barn?

The tower is behind the prison building left of the fish tank with the 3 heads.

1 month later
#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Had a pretty awesome ball 1 today. 256 million - man, what a rush!! Did it by going for bloodbath, then got Barn going, and remembered Bowen's video saying that if you have Bloodbath going then progress for Prison MB, and after that stackage occurred, WellWalker MB was not far behind, and I lit that up as well!
20160110_110017_(resized).jpg
Hit Horde for the first time, and man, that was really exciting! The music is awesome, and the "dread" as the mode happens was just fricking great!
Ended up with a score of 311 mil with 54 walkers killed. Crazy to know I didn't even get HALFWAY to Last Man Standing. Man, that is just insane. Some games are 1-2-3 house ball games, but then man, the stars align on one game, and "it happens" and TWD is just....man....great game. So great.
20160110_110708_(resized).jpg
Looking forward to having this one for a long, long time.

Yeah, I hear you there, NPO.

An exhilarating game. Horde Mode is just downright creepy with the pulsing shaker - still makes my neck hairs stand up when I play it in the dark. Got to LMS standing once (after cheating by re-setting the # of balls -- now since back to 3 balls) after nailing 115 Walkers, only to see the display say I needed to kill 115 more! Not going to happen anytime soon or maybe in my lifetime. Damn you, Lyman!

#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Humph plays on 10 ball.

Knew you were going to expose me, Dasvis!
Gonna kick your a$$ this week on MET.
I fessed up earlier anyway, but back to standard 3-ball.
(10-ball was pretty damn fun, but takes too long for a game).

#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have to light Tower with the Prison door stab targets and then hit the tower shot 8 times I think, it shows your progress as you go, so essentially you have the 2 walker kill EB's and tower.

I thought the same thing, how the heck am I going to get another 115! And then I did it, one time, kills come fast and furious in LMS with the add a ball. Once you clear those it starts counting again from 115.

IMG_5021_(resized).jpg

Damn, there is hope for me.
Nice going, Iceman!

2 weeks later
#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Love the ColorDMD in my Premium !! Modernizes this game completely even though there's no color-specific ROM data yet for it. I have a Sigma cable connected to it so it changes colors interactively with the speakers which is cool. The animations really pop and honestly I couldn't tell what was happening very well until now. I won't own another pin without a ColorDMD.
Also in this shot you will see the translite letters "The Walking Dead" are not nearly as bright. Behind the glass is where I cut out printer paper to dim the lighting the shows through as it caused a lot of reflection and glare on the play field glass
image_(resized).jpeg

Love the mods kpg. I have a TWD LE now and a NIB MET Premium Monsters (hopefully) coming my way this week.

Never bought a ColorDMD display before, but am thinking this is a must for either or both games.

Can the display be swapped out from one pin to another and then download/install the color ROM code from ColorDMD's website for that specific game?

Maybe swapping out is too much of a pain?

Also have a friend who owns an ACDC Premium and he doesn't want to get a Color DMD for it, but would like to see how it looks in color by temporarily installing a color display (although it may convince him to buy one).

#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You can definitely swap the display to other Stern (and maybe WPC games too) and just download the ROM into it, if one is available for that game. Metallica has a custom colored ROM available, TWD does not and may not for a long time (Randy at ColorDMD stated no one is currently working on the game, sucks!). The good thing is ColorDMD running in HiRes mode looks WAY better than dots on TWD even without a custom colored ROM so its still worth it to me. Installation is super easy too, but make sure you get the clear display shield and standoff kit ($25 on ColorDMD.com) as you need that to mount in newer Stern cabinets for MET and TWD.

Great -- thanks kpg!
Prob'ly be getting 2 ColorDMDs in the long run when they become available.
Yeah, it does suck that TWD isn't in ColorDMD's queue yet, it would be one of the better uses of color for blood & guts, etc.

1 week later
#1613 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I couldn't wait for ColorDMD.com to get more stock - so I ordered from PlanetaryPinball.com.. no tax if ordering in CA too, unlike ColorDMD.com.
If for some reason the site doesn't show stock, email [email protected] and tell her Kris sent you. She really took care of me - package was stuck in USPS mail center somewhere, she even offered to immediately ship me a new one even though it was only delayed by a day. Awesome experience and she said they have ColorDMD's for Stern's in stock. Just make sure to get that clear shield + hex standoff kit at ColorDMD.com

kpg -

Well, you were spot on with Planetary Pinball.
Got my ColorDMD & adapter kit in a matter of a couple days & is now installed in my TWD.
Sara @ PP was amazing getting both orders out superfast & even shipped the adapter kit before the item was posted on their website for ordering. Sara & PP HIGHLY recommended.

Display is awesome on TWD even though in monocolor, but will swap into MET Premium when it arrives (where is that thing anyway? -- Gondwanaland?).

Thx for the advice, kpg.

(BTW, Sara remembered you when I mentioned your name).

1 week later
#1845 8 years ago

Question for TWD LE owners --

Does TWD LE come with both left & right playfield support brackets underneath?

My machine (I'm the 2nd owner) has only the left bracket & am wondering if I should get a bracket for the right side to prevent the playfield from twisting when it's propped up.

Also missing the cash box, which I think Pinball Life has as well as the brackets (although I don't need two & they are sold in pairs).

#1909 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Won't be much longer....
12802811_10153597867383710_2348577884346020914_n_(resized).jpg12718236_10153597868228710_8604159350640326001_n_(resized).jpg

Congrats, you'll love it, I know I do.

Take a big whiff of that NIB smell when you open the box -- it's intoxicating

#1915 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It is starting to happen.
20160227_185056_(resized).jpg

If you get a TWD LE you'll have a trifecta !!!

#1917 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I completed my own trifecta today:
Bought a TWD Premium to add to my...
Met Premium
ACDC Premium

Awesome...nice line up.
I need me an AC/DC Premium for my trifecta (have the other 2).

#1922 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Finally broke 500M tonight, hit Horde mode and just had so much fun. It took some dialing in, but my machine is perfect and I don't get frustrated with it any more. It's so much more balanced now with the Yoyocopter Lane extenders- my wife actually wants to play it now, I have actual fun games and am not frustrated, and it's soooo damn difficult still - it's crazy, but in a good way. I just can't see myself ever wanting to part with it. MET rarely gets touched at all now.

That's funny...I don't play my TWD LE as much since I got my MET Premium a week ago,
I'm sure it'll balance out later, though.

#1951 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Keep working on that MET Grand champion score Humph.

From WOZ:
"I'll get you my pretty"

Actually, you're not all that pretty, kinda surly in fact.

Only a matter of time before you are terminated.

#1967 8 years ago
Quoted from JJ101:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Joined the club today..so nice I had to have it twice? Lol long story...the other is going.

image_(resized).jpeg

New pinball smell in stereo ... oh so nice.

#2062 8 years ago

Has anyone purchased a plastics protector set for a TWD LE from Pinbits?
Are they colored or clear?
Does the plastics set work for an LE?
There's virtually no info about them on their website - not even a pic.
Does another company make them?

#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on my LE. They are clear. I highly recommend them.

Great ! - thanks gweempose! -- and also DeathHimself & T7.
Looks like I'll be doing an order up w/ Pinbits.

#2115 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have this turned down from 12 to 8 jackpots and still have never hit Siege- I've hit Horde a couple times, but getting to Siege seems impossible for me at my current skill level, maybe I'll switch the game to 5 ball

I tried 10-ball for a short while , but got exhausted.

My personal record of 1,949,xxx,xxx was on 3 ball, but that was due to an out-of-body experience involving whiskey that I won't see again for awhile.

#2116 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks for the feedback! I've been using Cliffys carbon fiber magnet rings with great results, but wasn't sure if they were needed for TWD considering the new magnet design. It sounds like they're not.
Just to be sure before I send them back, has anyone seen or even heard of playfield wear around the TWD magnets?

I got my carbon fiber protectors from Cliffy's as well and installed on both my TWD & MET, but on my MET I was getting massive airballs, so I'm removing them on both machines.

I may try to send mine back too, but they have already been used for a day.

Maybe I can exchange them for something else.

2 weeks later
#2218 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what are the best aftermarket plastic protectors ?

I just got mine from Pinbits, but haven't installed them yet.
It is a clear 13-piece set for $42.00.
I contacted Pinbits about what color to get and was advised to get clear as colored sets don't mesh well with the existing plastics.

1 week later
#2354 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Im thinking of getting some super slippy teflon feet machined for serious side to side action ..

Back in the day of SS pins in bars, 30 wt. oil and glass ashtrays under the front legs were pretty effective.

3 months later
#3002 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Since this is s fan club thread ... if you like the fish tank topper and think one would look good on your TWD, I have one listed in the market.
TWD is a fun and intense game. Really enjoying playing it and the rules are fantastic! My problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to make 100+ kills to start LMS without using ALOT OF BALLS. I am stacking modes and starting multiballs but so far unable to tame this beast. I'd like to be able to do this a few times on 3 ball, but ....the game definitely has that one more game appeal.

Yeah, the game is a bear.

I had my LE on 10-ball for a short while (did I really admit that?), but it didn't really advance me much into the game & most games took forever to complete.

Switched back to 3-ball & all standard settings
except for a 15-second ball save & racked a 1.9 billion game with LMS & 140 kills at the end.

Haven't come close to that "in the zone" game since.

4 months later
#3764 7 years ago

115 walkers, I believe ...

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am talking about LMS. After you kill 110 walkers, LMS is lit and mode begins. Surrounding the LMS insert are 40, 30, 20, 10, 5,4,3,2, and 1 inserts. You'll notice they add to 110. As you now have started the mode, it is time to kill 110 more. As you tick off kills the inserts begin to unlight, showing how many remain. After you win and watch the dmd, the LMS insert should stay lit. I finished off the mode but LMS insert did not stay lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Humph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Humph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.