R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

Finally got a chance to play it today and although the volume was low and the room was bright I could tell this is a fine pinball machine, good shots and fast. I will definitely be weakening the lowest popup just to increase speed from that area, the right ramp is difficult to hit but in a good way. Great time even on the 5 or 6 games I had and if you like Met then you will like this in fact due to the theme its better for me, the well walker isn't even close to being as obtrusive as the Wolverine, I had no problem with the zombie head in the prison looked great and while the code is early I can only surmise that by the time Lyman works it all out that there is a real gem here, too early to be 100% but very impressed from my first play's. I think the LE will be fantastic, can't wait.

1 week later
#36 9 years ago

Now we are getting somewhere, cell phone footage, bad player, terrible set up and I think a Stern hater with a megaphone doing commentary would be good and while watching somehow electric shocks are emitting from the screen damaging our optical receptors. That's the way you shoot a video, this is going to be epic.

#44 9 years ago

Well of course. If not you might hear the game being filmed, come on man.

#46 9 years ago

I loved playing the pro so very excited and now with the Alien LE pin coming at some point to be friends with The Predator and TWDLE close by I have for the first time a real line up of pins that are fully my taste.

2 weeks later
#64 9 years ago

I'll be getting the vinyl side panels for mine, the Stern ones look good too but really love the artwork on the Pin Ref, never liked mirror blades much.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Looks like the haters dogpiled on this one over the last week and pushed it all the way down to #76 on the top 100 (wasn't it #26 last week?). Laaaaaaaame.

When you go with unfiltered ratings there are always a couple dickheads that give a 1 or 2 out of 10, Stern haters that refuse to let the big 5 be dethroned. TWDLE In my opinion beats the crap out of most top tens and definitely better than most top 20's. Doesn't really matter its just the moderators should force these guys to explain a 1 out of 10 rating before it affects the standings. I can see even 5 if its just not your thing but 1? Douchebag's.

1 month later
#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi! Unfortunately I dont have TWD yet, but I thought Id ask something that I am really curious about:
it says that with the LE, you get a "Well Walker Exposed Guts" feature. Can anyone explain what this really is? On the videos I only see the well walker falling a little backward upon hit and a light coming from the stomach, but this is hardly...exposed guts..?
Cheers, and happy zombieslaying!
Morten

Its a small piece of molded rubber, worth about 5 bucks. I was expecting more and from a lot of aspects to the build quality and toys but at least the gameplay is so over the top amazing its balanced out the negatives for me. Stern should have sent out a BG ramp light kit and a fix for the flap. The arrow is fun but the shots are near impossible to make, targets should have been the prison head, WWalker, open ramp BG zombie and the right ramp. Lots of stuff to fix but once this game is dialed in and the code is finished it should be a top ten contender.

2 weeks later
#107 9 years ago

That's looks great, I'm doing it today.

#118 9 years ago

I've never had the feeling of making shots like I do with TWD, really feels like I'm shooting, I don't know how to describe it fully but its unique to this pin.

#124 9 years ago

Another friend added today.

DSC01410.JPGDSC01410.JPG

DSC01403.JPGDSC01403.JPG DSC01408.JPGDSC01408.JPG
#126 9 years ago

TWD piggy banks, all over ebay but I got mine at a local comic shop. They are on the online store in BBuy and Future shop as well, LED strips from comet and a little cut and paste. Cool thing is a bright strip of lights and some areas of the plastic are a little see thru, they glow. There's one area to the back left of the pin, that's a great spot for another zombie, I'm also trying to find some other models and decapitate them to use as domes over the flashers. Man I'm ever loving this pin, I will keep posting as I go. Looks like Tim Mezel is going forward with the boxcar if my guess is correct and adding a very cool feature, lights or movement something. Think about this pin a year from now, should a site to behold.

#145 9 years ago

I might put a 7 LED strip under the targets for a red glow, tie into the GI.

2 weeks later
#161 9 years ago

342,000,000 today, by far one of my favorite pinball machines ever. Siege mode is out of control crazy and I'm winded right now from playing pinball, rare and fantastic. If I'm to believe that MB and TZ are better than this pin well its time for an extinction level event.

#204 9 years ago

I'm hoping in the next code update you can start prison multiball when WW multi is going, although I like the challenge of trying to not hit WW to get the stack. I love Blood bath, cool music and with all three going plus a mode and multi kill, wow. To all the haters who thought we were in a honeymoon phase, you can suck my Marty McSorely.

images.jpgimages.jpg
#225 9 years ago

I don't know if any of guys ordered the flasher mod for the WellWalker from PinRef but if you didn't and weren't sure how it would look I'm here to tell you that it is amazing and a must have, I've changed my flasher to blue underneath and ordered the blue for the upper playfield flasher as well and it looks great, really adds some contrast and during frantic play its quite nice. Anyway for 20$ can't go wrong.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Guys, I'm getting a switch #60 error on the report. When I look in the book, it appears its not used for anything.
Anyone else seen this, it is on a premium/le.

#60 is the for right pop bumper and I get that error to because I disable it for smoother action out of the pops. Did you do the same?

3 weeks later
#261 9 years ago

I'm hoping next updates will start using the red and white GI for certain modes and to create dynamic GI during gameplay, If not I'm changing all the GI to red but it will be foolish if that doesn't happen and the fact that Stern didn't have RGB leds in all inserts really sucks. Love the game but I won't buy another LE ever again NIB.

1 year later
#2581 7 years ago

Thats a fine idea.

1 year later
#5365 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I was in the club a few years ago. Happy to be back in

I was an LE owner for about 4 or 5 months when it first came out, enjoyed the pin never saw final code but have a chance to pick up a Pro now, is it worth it, will I notice a major change not only with code(a good thing) but with the move from LE to Pro(possible bad thing)? any advice is appreciated.

#5369 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it. Any recommendations to alleviate the frequency of this?
Also, the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. (It simply baffles me how that could have been thought of as a good design of that exit.) Is there a good playfield angle that helps with this or any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

I put a strip of felt on the outlane from the pops and it stopped any chance of the ball going straight down the middle, also I disabled the pop furthest to the right and it allowed for a nice smooth orbit shot from the tunnel, with the felt straight to the left flipper. I missed this pin, looks the Pro is coming, gonna have to redo some mods, loved my LE.

0d648612b3f8aa1a45b94f650ba0c86525c4febb (resized).jpg0d648612b3f8aa1a45b94f650ba0c86525c4febb (resized).jpg

d507b6beb4dfbdb32f02615583530a1f393ae46d (resized).jpgd507b6beb4dfbdb32f02615583530a1f393ae46d (resized).jpg

f65c4d7073979ef918fdc1e59956570e0bbd978c (resized).jpgf65c4d7073979ef918fdc1e59956570e0bbd978c (resized).jpg

#5371 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Slide save. This machine requires fairly liberal tilt settings.

Doesn't hitting the flippers pulse that magnet?

1 week later
#5396 6 years ago

I'm back in with a Pre, keeping this one and now its time to mod it up. Great game.

#5401 6 years ago

opinions on best custom made code for the Pre version?

#5406 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

For any of you who have played both versions extensively, can you help me decide?

I'm getting my NIB Pre today and will let you know via PM. I remember from my LE that once the ramp fix once in place I didn't have any issues, ramp was smooth and its nice to have the BG bash toy. I'm interested in seeing what a current build includes.

#5413 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sound. Adds show callouts and a cool dub step version of the show theme song to the plunge music. Rest is stock. Perfect mix imo.

I don't think dub step can ever be cool but can someone provide a link. Thanks

#5436 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Grateful Walking Dead is the best version imo.

Does that mean The Grateful Dead is playing in the background? if so I can't do it, a Slayer Waking Dead and I'm all in. Thanks anyway

1 week later
#5559 6 years ago

I sold my LE before Horde was programmed and now that I've experienced it I'm blown away, I thought Siege was cool but Horde is now my favorite mode in all of pinball hands down.

#5571 6 years ago

DSC03957 (resized).JPGDSC03957 (resized).JPG

DSC03952 (resized).JPGDSC03952 (resized).JPG

DSC03958 (resized).JPGDSC03958 (resized).JPG

DSC03955 (resized).JPGDSC03955 (resized).JPG

#5582 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

did they change the lighting effects in this update? seems a bit darker sometimes. especially during attract mode the GI is completely out.

I noticed that as well, but I just added one spot to the left sling its great, lights up the PF perfectly and the well walker. I changed mine to this.

DSC03955 (resized).JPGDSC03955 (resized).JPG

#5586 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Prision and Well Walker bombs are as important as VIP passes are in ACDC.

does that mean they are important or useless? I thought bombs were only used in Horde.

#5600 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

seriously? No way! If your lockdown button is flashing blue, you can hit it for a hit to the prison. There are times when you drain, then wail on that button, and it's just enough to start the prison multiball, keeping you alive.

Thats so great, I never had this feature when I last owned the game and it will be utilized now to its full potential, love the fact that it can act as a save as well. Game just got even better.

#5601 6 years ago

any links for custom rule cards, the yellow has to go. Thanks

#5605 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

While you’re at it, go for black flipper bats! Looks great with red rubber. I’ve always found the yellow flipper bats out of place, personally.

Way ahead of ya.

#5608 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The Bicycle Girl mod

Is this still available?

#5619 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The mylar will cover the seam between the ramp flap and the extension to completely smooth out the ramp.

Can you post a pic of that. Thanks

#5627 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Also, Daniel was the real Bully.

"better get em a bady bag" hahahahah oh the memories.

#5628 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Anyone have any suggestions to dampen the light itself or the reflection of it without having to buy anti glare glass and such?

You can get E tape in basically every color, I wrapped my bulb in green tape leaving a little space between the wraps and it looks good, but a few strips of black across the front of the bulb will work fine.

1 week later
#5697 6 years ago

adjust the shaker itself, its easy. The settings in adj is only for frequency not strength.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

#5699 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If it’s only for frequency, then can you explain to me why there is far less vibration in storage facility multiball on GB when I switch my settings from maximum to moderate?

Ghost, thats the only possible explanation I haven't had a Stern running spike with a shaker last one was TWD so very well could be part of adj now but the maximium usage adj I would assume still only applies to frequency.

#5731 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Is there a mod to prevent the ball from flying off the right ramp?

If I hit the right ramp heavy it will fly off by on the left side over the little hump, never upon entry, Anyone have that?

#5752 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but, as this is quite a big plastic, i'm already a bit afraid with a 1 piece of lexan there, not sure it will not cause the 2 ramp fixations to break (even is 1 piece is better than 2, with 1 on each fixation)

Wow I never had a ball fly off the ramp there always on the left side return with the little hump and it has to be moving fast after an orbit, if anyone has fixed this please post a pick of the plastic, Thanks

#5772 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

it was truly the only one I ever regretted selling.

same here and this time my Pre is never leaving. Horde mode wasn't coded yet when I sold my LE, no bombs or GI dynamic lighting and now with the Slayer rom theres just no chance, in my opinion the best pinball machine ever made. Zombies and Slayer? Color DMD LED and a few PF mods are still need but I'm in no rush. I'm gonna change the white GI to yellow, did a few already and it really looks great.

1 week later
#5819 6 years ago

I had to create a way to see the amazing translite on my pre even when the game is off, I'm gonna guess this is something many others have already done but figured id post it and now I'm gonna have to outfit all the pins this way. Simple 2' strip of green leds wired to a plugin transformer and I attached to the front of the flu bulb worked quite well, thinking WWhite might be better but when the game is on its a nice blend.

DSC03995 (resized).JPGDSC03995 (resized).JPG

DSC04003 (resized).JPGDSC04003 (resized).JPG

DSC04008 (resized).JPGDSC04008 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#5981 6 years ago

Is this normal for the BG mod? theres a flicker while the light is white. My phone is old and the camera sucks so please excuse the focus problem.

#5983 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If that's the Gnassel BG mod then it's normal. He made a few different light types.

It is the Gnassel BG mod, I don't mind it actually just wanted to be sure, thanks very much.

#5984 6 years ago

Changed the white GI to yellow 2led and love it, makes the game really glow nicely.

DSC04064 (resized).JPGDSC04064 (resized).JPG

DSC04065 (resized).JPGDSC04065 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Anyone swapped out the premium GI with different red/white bulbs? Wondering what ones I should get any how many of each there are. GI seems to be missing from the manual.

I went yellow 2led in place of the white and love it.

DSC04065 (resized).JPGDSC04065 (resized).JPG

DSC04064 (resized).JPGDSC04064 (resized).JPG

#6010 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

you you mind taking a quick video? I am wondering how green would look.

I will later today and post.

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Someone mold me this alternate well walker pls. Thanks!

I like an entire pin molded on this premise, the call outs alone would be worth it.

4 months later
#6726 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Excited to try the evil dead package next

can you please post the link for this rom. Thanks

3 months later
#7022 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely not worth the money though.

Yes it is, maybe actual material value but who gives a shit about that? Get the Premium, better backglass for sure, another magnet, bash toy, apron button, lighting its worth it.

2 weeks later
#7086 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you have young children, but you still want a TWD...

Thats much more scary than the actual translite. will you be selling theses? I want one.

1 month later
#7340 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

After hundreds of games played, I finally reached Siege last night.

When I had my LE right when the game was released I got to Siege several times but I bought a Pre in Jan 2018 and just can't get there, Horde a bunch of times, last man standing twice. Is there a setting to make that mode easier to achieve? This game has the best modes in all of pinball IMO, Horde, Bloodbath and from what I recall Siege was awesome.

1 week later
#7387 5 years ago

Still waiting on a Death Metal soundtrack, Love the Slayer but its time for a change. PM me for sizable donation should anyone feel like doing this I have the desired playlist minus any change to BloodBath that mode is perfect. The little snipit of Cannibal Corpse at the end of the game in the Slayer version is such a tease.

Zombie (resized).jpgZombie (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.