IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HIPPY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6350 5 years ago

If you are wanting help in the outlines, look in the market section for ball save, Walking Dead, helps a lot.

Quoted from Damien:Does anyone know if the outlane posts can be moved down?
It looks like there is some space for it to slide albeit very little.

#6375 5 years ago

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

#6377 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the plastic protectors on mine. It wasn't too bad. The biggest pain in the ass was getting to all the stuff on the right under the ramps. I replaced all the rubbers with Titans at the same time, which allowed me to kill two birds with one stone.

Funny stuuff,I did the same. I agree about the right side. I have installed protector sets before,really help. Plastics are expensive & a pain to find. This is the first set I have seen with pops included.

1 week later
#6409 5 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

From what I’ve read, shifting the weights on a Cointaker shaker won’t exactly do much. Should I go with electrical tape for best results or spend the extra few bucks and get anti rattle tape? Anybody done either of these if not both and had a comparison?

My premium came with clear anti- rattle tape on the glass, works great. Comparing to electrical tape, I would vote for clear. Seems like sliding the glass in & out would make black tape move & bug you. Just my opinion. By the way, if you install the clear vibration stuff, it is quite a snug fit, harder to slide in and out, but, works good & stays in place.

#6453 5 years ago

Great info.,thanks. I got the premium, never have read the manual. The manual is massive.

4 weeks later
#6608 5 years ago

I own TOTAN,MET, and TWD premium. Only the prison magnet out of those 3 games goes SDTM. Timing on a flip most of the time avoids it, if you don't, it is a shot between the flippers every time, only on TWD. I do love the game,though.

#6654 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a red tremor in my MET, and it shook like crazy until I installed a motor speed controller.

My MET & TWD premium both have red tremors. Way too strong. Where did you find a motor speed controller from?

#6661 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

RioRand™ Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor Pump Speed Controller amazon.com link »

I will get 2, thanks a lot.

1 month later
#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game. Trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

I have a premium, the shaker in the settings can be set to to light,medium, and heavy use. If you do, I recommend the Stern shaker at Pinball Life. I have Cointaker and do not like it. It comes on when you hit an orbit shot during multi- ball. Also, during all the modes, if, you keep the ball in play.

1 week later
#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know where I can get this translite? I'm also looking for the Stern fish tank topper, is it unobtanium at this point?
[quoted image]

There are 2 more versions of alternate translights currently on EBay. The fish tank topper is a tough one.

2 months later
#7083 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm about to join the club - this time premium. Giving TWD one more look as my pro experience wasn't the best but that was older code.
For premium owners, I'm hearing about a few must have mods to correct things such as the lift ramp. Can someone confirm what to ensure is on there or buy? Thanks!

For the lift ramp,a Cliffy is a must. The felt pads on the stock ramp dig quickly into the playfield. Color dmd and Cleland's adult version help a lot.

1 week later
#7103 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Stay far far away from the R rated if you have young kids LOL.

I agree, I have the R , also. There is one statement by Negan that is pretty intense. No children.

#7110 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

or I just slid my ***down your *** and you thanked me for it.... Damn i better not have any people with kids in my pin room LOL

Quoted from HIPPY:

I agree, I have the R , also. There is one statement by Negan that is pretty intense. No children.

That is the one. Intense.

2 months later
#7501 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Who sells the speaker acrylics with Rick shooting a gun on one, and the Zombie getting shot on the head on the other?

Those are also at cointaker,if you need lights,too.

3 weeks later
#7577 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My magnet is fair but the drain from the pops Kill me. Has anyone done anything around the pop area to help with this? I nudge, slap, kick...helps but I constantly fight it.

I added a 3/16" rubber to the post on the ramp entrance, raised up about a half inch. Helps a lot. I got a premium. I fit it over the post, tight, but works.

#7599 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Trying to convince myself to drop coin Into a colordmd for my twd pro.
But than which type? Led of lcd? The videos I found look to be all in high res eg lcd Display.
I have an acdc and met with smartdmd in highres mode but also a tspp with a pin2dmd which is a led display and these colors really pop. However, tspp is also cartoonesk so this fits led better I think.
Any opinions out there?

I got the lcd, it is the way to go. I had to go led on my Tommy. One huge negative on led, glare on the glass. Gotta go with shields.

1 month later
#7738 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Would like to add some light to my playfield
suggestions?

I have been thinking about this, too. Problem is, the only steady GI lights I can find to attach to, are the backboard. Pin stadium are too bright & a pain when you need under the playfield.

#7747 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What is to explain? Just mounted two spotlights as you see on many sterns and the two wires are connected to the nearest GI light.

On a premium, all gi are CPU controlled. The only steady burning lights are on the backboard. Looks easy to do on a Pro.

#7759 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking for the outlane extenders. Can’t locate for sale ad and are you guys recommending one or the other?

Go with yoyokopter listed above, helps a lot.

#7774 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is the Cleland code for sounds or for visual(color dmd)?

Only sound, and well worth it.

3 weeks later
#7816 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I added a flipper rubber to the right ramp area to try and cope with drains from the pops. It has helped a little but still extremely frustrating. Not sure what to try next.

I did the added flipper,also. On the ramp post I also added a ring rubber to the bottom of the post sleeve. Helps a lot, still happens, though.

1 month later
#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted the guy who sells the mod on Ebay. Turns out the wiring on the mod block is incorrect, and he will send me a new one. I kept wondering why this thing wasnt' working. Tried like 100 times. So if someone has this mod and it doesn't work, contact the seller!

I got this mod from Judge Dredd in UK. Works great. He is a good seller and creator of his mods. He will make it right.I got his stuff on a few of my games.

3 months later
#8296 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It is all lights, including the spot lights...

This happened to me recently. When you close the playfield, I believe it jostled loose a light connector on the lower light board. Look just behind where the horde is. They are daisy chained.

1 week later
#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Hey everyone I should be joining the club in a couple weeks with a premium and have been reading through all of the posts and mods listed. It looks like one of the big ones for the premium is the bicycle girl ramp but is there any consensus of which one is best to use? I see one from mezel mods as well as a couple from members but not sure of the difference. Thanks!

I like cliffys, fits great.

4 weeks later
#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It *would* be nice to finally have something that would work on the Premium. This must be fan made though as in the show the zombies certainly aren't all bald. Kinda throws me a little looking at it.
But it's nice to have an alternative.

I got one for my premium at Ministry of Pinball, UK. The governor. Best part is it removes the glare from the glass. Check it out.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What's impossible? Because you narrow the shot by a millimeter with a wider post sleeve the shot no longer can be made? The shot is wide enough that adding another millimeter makes no difference. It's not a tight shot to begin with. The ball hits the wider post as it rolls out of the pops just enough to cause it to fall to the left flipper with little impact on making the tunnel or arena shots.

I added the same post you did. I believe he was asking about the 100% statement. It helps, but, by no means stops them. There are still plenty of sdtm.

1 week later
#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I had an idea for a cheap "mod". I love the zombie/survivor shadows inside of the prison what can be seen when the flashers activate. I was thinking about making something similar for the roof of the prison. Maybe a "survivors inside" sign that's only seen when flashing?
Has anyone done this before?

Try EBay for the roof mod from Judge Dredd. I did, helps a lot, cheap, shows when flashers go off. I did not do the survivor mod, though.
Something to think about.

1 week later
#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I'm wanting to install Cleland's "R" rated sound code and I'm curious if it changes any of the game settings and defaults back to factory when you download it??
Also where do you find the current version at? THX

If you look back in this post, there are many posts about this. I have the R rated code highly recommend it, certainly not at a household with children. Hard to beat hearing Negan, Merle, Dwight,Rick, & many others during gameplay. As for factory settings, I don’t think so. Research the postings for Cleland’s in this thread.

#8588 4 years ago

Thanks! I found a few different posts about the code. I'm definitely going to install it...the stock cheesy callouts got old real quick!

Just to give an example . At the end of a game I just finished,Negan "this is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls" . That stuff is all in the game by all the characters.

#8595 4 years ago

I downloaded the code and you're right man it's awesome! It's like playing a whole new game!

Pause before you launch the ball. You will hear Negan whistle at you. Funny stuff.

3 months later
#8796 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I can backhand the left ramp on my Pro.

Easy on a pro. But,in my opinion, bicycle girl is one of the best shots in pinball.

#8797 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I have a Spider-Man and the left ramp is backhandable from the left flipper... tried that yesterday... TWD said. YOU SHALL NOT PASS

Cliffy's bicycle girl protector is needed against wear under the flap. It also adds a little lift for the ball. Easy to make on mine, gotta have good flippers,though.

#8799 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The subtle differences between the Pro and Premium/Le are very interesting on TWD. I find the Riot shot easier on the Premium. Is it more open due to the different ramps or am I imagining it ?
My favourite shot is Woodbury. Very satisfying to hit but terrifying when Horde is lit.

Riot is easy to hit. Love the Woodbury shot, too. CPU controlled lighting takes a little getting used to.

#8806 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The Riot shot is tighter on the Pro.
TWD is such a fantastic game. Brutal but so rewarding (like Iron Man). I played it earlier today and had a 300 million plus game followed by about 10 games in 5 minutes.

I certainly agree. I got IM, too. Both are fast and brutal. TWD is much harder in my opinion.

5 months later
#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Thanks for the response roar! I’m surprised twd is not colourized yet!

Color dmd is available. I got it. Check their site.

1 week later
#9327 3 years ago

I have a premium, the Walking Dead on the translight was very distracting on the glass. After a lot of looking, I changed it to one of the Governor, no more glare of the logo. It made a lot of difference. A lot cheaper & an upgrade. The art matches the premium, too.

#9334 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The Governor translite? What does that one look like and who sells it? I'm curious.

I can’t get a link to work. It is at Ministry of Pinball, UK. Check the colors, great match. Gets rid of the glare, too.

1 week later
#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I don't know about this particular issue, but I get more airballs with TWD than any other game I've played. It's common if I miss the CDC/Bicycle girl ramp for the ball to jump over the well walker into the pop bumper area.

Mine did that, too. I put a flipper rubber around the well walker and it stopped. Improves playing, also.

6 months later
#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Nice to see you coming out of a long hiatus! We met when you sold a friend the FT and T2. I picked up a pro recently and went with the option of a flipper rubber on the metal wire guide where the ball exits the pops.

I did the same flipper but added a Orin’s at the bottom of the ramp post.helps a lot

Quoted from jvivlemore:

What are those guards on the side that surround the flipper buttons and go up the side? Assuming the purpose is both decorative and to protect that area? Where did you buy them? I have a Pro that I just purchased (my first pin) and may need to look into these. I've seen another design too that looked good.

Go to Pinball Life. Button guard side rails. Cabinet parts, it fits your game.

1 month later
#9993 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I was kind of surprised at how resilient the pants seemed to be so far but I don't know when they were installed and we probably only have a little over 100 games in.

I saw this on an earlier post. If you want it finished, wrap a flipper rubber on it. Works great, kinda hard to install. Research this thread for it.

#10013 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The gentleman I bought my TWD from put a flipper rubber around it. It seems to work great.
[quoted image]

I did this a couple of years ago. No more problems. Tight fit, it does change the game play, but, you adjust.

1 week later
#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

For those running the 'Adult' cleland code what are the big differences between that and the non adult version? I'm assuming more R rated language? Is it frequent, once in a while, etc?

There are several from Negan . The strongest is “I am gonna shove my d—k down your throat and your gonna thank me for it”.says “pus-uys a lot. Merl “ don’t get your panties in a wad” You get the idea. I think it adds a lot, exactly from the show. Definitely not for children, they repeat things.

1 week later
#10084 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hi everyone, can someone please pm and tell me how to properly instal this mod.
Thank you
[quoted image]

Most mod sellers have instructions via their site. I had one like yours from Mezel mods. Had a lot of issues on clearance. I hope you have better luck.

4 months later
#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

The balls seem to eject hard into shooter lane. No setting to lower the power?

There is a ball shooter lane protector sold on Pinball Life for $10, steel. It will save the wood on your shooter lane. When you hear it , steel on pinball, you won’t think anything about it. I put it on all my games.

2 months later
#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree...ideally the guy who originally built them would make a few more....seems like theres demand

Judge Dress’s mod really does a good job, green light when in the mode. Easy to install. I got it a couple of years ago.

#10518 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What specific mod are u referring to?

Bicycle girl.

#10521 2 years ago

I also got a well walkers belt on eBay from top-notch target shields that will end all torn belt issues. Padded, good tape. Good product.

#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

ebay.com link: itm

That’s it. Works good, should last a long time. Wraps all around it. Changes the ball hits just a little.

2 months later
#10695 2 years ago

I got the Governor translight on mine. Ministry of Pinball, check it out.

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

There is the governors fish tank toy on the prem/LE and premium fish tank translight. Guess they did not have permission to use his likeness from the license, or dozens of other actors for that matter. At least we get governor callouts in the Cleland sound mod. FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!

on the Cleland, that’s also him on the Woodbury shot. “ Welcome to Woodbury “.

5 months later
#10923 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats definitely where we disagree. When I put the anti glare on TWD, I was very pleased with how much more clear everything looked.
But they arent cheap, so I do get that...

Invisiglass I am sure helps a lot. I got a premium, and to get TWD glare off mine, I changed the translight. Helped a whole lot.

9 months later
#11353 11 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Is there a decal for the Woodbury Drop Down Target available anywhere?[quoted image]

Walking dead pinball on eBay has a full set , including that one.

1 week later
#11380 11 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

One is out of my current price range and I don't really need the topper with young kids in the house
The other I just can't get a response

One is out of my current price range and I don't really need the topper with young kids in the house
The other I just can't get a response from.

Read the listing that says Cleland code “ no kids here “. Mine has Cleland, love it. But, adults only. You can get a family friendly Cleland, it’s still way better than factory.It’s a wonderful game, had it 5 years and probably for keeps.

10 months later
#11792 8 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Well I didn’t plan to own Twd only played it twice before but picked up three pins today including a twd premium with stern topper and bunch of nice mods. I’d love to do a splatter blood kit on it!
Has red dmd but not sure color dmd is right on this one…. Thoughts?

Color makes it 100% better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HIPPY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=HIPPY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.