IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#854 8 years ago

Hey guys, just ordered a premium. It came out of the factory a month ago and I was told it comes with the bicycle girl ramp fix already installed. Has anyone else had their Walking Dead come with this fix installed and was it adequate enough to prevent all damage to the playfield?

#856 8 years ago

Great news, thanks!

#960 8 years ago

Hey guys, just got my TWD premium yesterday. I'm working through all the little fixes that were mentioned in another thread. I noticed a lot of connectors that must have come undone during transportation. One of my issues that I was hoping one of you guys could shed some light on is related to the crossbow.

So, I've noticed that every game, all game, the crossbow and fish tank lights are blinking. Also, every time I shoot the right ramp it loads the crossbow then automatically shoots it onto the playfield. The ball never returns to the left inlane always the crossbow. Have any of you guys had this issue?

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is what the switch test diagnostic menu is for.

No need to be condescending. I don't post technical questions on Pinside unless I've 1. Run through all the basic diagnostics and 2. Searched the forums for an existing solution. All the switch diagnostics check out fine, thanks anyway.

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Switch # 52. Remove the glass and apron. Rotate the cross bow mechanism out of the way. Use needle nose pliers and bend the metal switch trigger so it shows activated on the DMD screen during switch test when the ball is loaded in the crossbow mech. You need to bend so the metal trigger is in the ball path and stays active on the DMD during switch test when the ball is loaded and the cb mech is in the resting position. Should only take a few minutes to adjust properly.

Thanks yip! I'm pretty sure that switch is okay but I'll test it again with a ball. It doesn't seem like that would cause the ball to never return to the inlane. I suspected it was a connection issue with that coil further up on the ramp (the one that acts like a diverter).

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's not being condescending. It's explaining what to do.
Switch diagnistics don't "run" or "check out fine". It's not a canned test that tells you some result. Therefore you may not be aware of how to use the menu. The switch test screen is intended to be a tool to allow you to troubleshoot your switch issues - of which you have one based on the problem you described. As for when or what you post, how should we know? I'm only going off what you posted *here*.

I don't know what switch test you are running, but when I run a switch test and I press a switch it tells me if its working or not. Maybe you are not sure how to use the diagnostics menu? Pro tip; in a switch test when you run the ball over a switch and it "checks out fine" the DMD tells you, you'll also hear an audible noise. It's either working or its not, it doesn't get more black and white than that. Are you sure you know how to use the diagnostics? See, I'm not being condescending either, just explaining to you how things work.

Quoted from Yipykya:

The magnet will always pull the ball over to the crossbow mech if switch 52 is not operating properly when the crossbow light on the right ramp is active. Does the ball divert to the crossbow when the crossbow light on the right ramp is not on? If so, it is something else.

Yes exactly, the ball diverts to the crossbow even when the light is not on but those lights do stay on most of the time. I only have one connector that isn't plugged into anything, I'll take a pic and see if you recognize it. I don't know why but with this NIB purchase in particular I've had way more unplugged connectors than normal. I traced about 6 with the schematics just to make sure I got the right but this last one I'm not too sure about. I'll take a pic with my phone and edit in to this post. Thanks again Yip!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#971 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Thank you for explaining things to me. But I don't need help. *All* my games work perfectly, and I'm not in the forum describing problems with my games.

Right, you are just the guy with major insecurities that goes on internet forums to try to validate yourself. The gym would be a healthier place to work that out. But what do I know, I'm just a guy who doesn't have *All* his games working perfectly.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Hold a metal spoon or something next to the magnet and hit the right ramp when the right crossbow light is not on. If the magnet is not at fault pulsing when it shouldn't be and the ball is still diverting to the crossbow then I'd say you need to loosen the screws on the left inlane ramp and move it around while testing with a ball. There is a sweet spot. When I first received my twd I had to do this.

That sounds promising, trying that now. Thanks!

#973 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Agreed. So perhaps you should take the advice of those that know how to fix their games rather than argue that you know what you're doing and point out that we should have known (using psychic powers?) under which conditions you'd have asked a question.

Actually, what I pointed out was common sense. Most people 1. Try troubleshooting themselves and 2. Use the Pinside search function. It's actually a common courtesy to do those things if you are going to post a tech question on a forum. Then again, maybe I've greatly overestimated the common courtesy and common sense of the internet, but I do hold Pinside to a higher standard than most. Unfortunately, some of the trash still tends to wander in from time to time it seems.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Hold a metal spoon or something next to the magnet and hit the right ramp when the right crossbow light is not on. If the magnet is not at fault pulsing when it shouldn't be and the ball is still diverting to the crossbow then I'd say you need to loosen the screws on the left inlane ramp and move it around while testing with a ball. There is a sweet spot. When I first received my twd I had to do this.

You nailed it, that worked! I needed to readjust the ramp apparently. Did you post this in the TWD LE Adjustments and Mods thread? If not you should, T7 should add this to the great list he has already built (I've worked through about half that list so far). I linked the thread below. Thanks again!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-adjustments-and-mods

8 months later
#3034 7 years ago

Hey, random question for you guys who have the Laseriffic topper. How did you secure it to the top of the machine?

5 years later
#10324 2 years ago

I've had several broken plastics on TWD premium. With BitBits closed (I think), where are you guys buying plastic protectors? All I can find is slingshot protectors but not the rest of the game.

#10339 2 years ago

Has anyone broken this plastic? Have you found plastic protectors anywhere that includes this one? Thanks in advance!

20210903_233509 (resized).jpeg20210903_233509 (resized).jpeg
#10344 2 years ago

Thanks Vim! This is exactly what I was looking for. I assume you are overseas. Do you know anyone that has had them shipped to the US?

Does anyone know of a US distributor for these plastic protectors?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.