R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah you shouldn't have to do that. Is it a "limp dick" drop or a power plunge? Magnet might not be pulsing, something is def wrong.

I also have the same issues as him, also running 1.56 and have a LE. I use the two flipper method but still 60% SDTM.

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A little trick I thought I would share. My prison magnet was literally throwing balls down the center at high speed ALL THE TIME. I checked under the playfield this morning and simply cut the zip tie holding the black wire going to it and re zip tied to a couple wires on the toward the right a little. It needs to move as we know but what seemed to be happening is it was always set in that one spot because of the way the black wire had been secured at stern. Not a huge deal by any stretch but, now it seems to hold steady to the right a little tiny bit and it has made a huge difference so far from what I can tell.

Popping the hood and trying that now thanks.

#1224 8 years ago

Purchased an LE on pre order, cancelled it after seeing the initial videos of early play and code along with the sound package at that time. Fast forward now a year later ( 2 weeks ago ) had the chance to pick up a HUO LE in pristine condition and all I can say is WOW I'm so glad I did so. It would have been great to still been in it from day one, but on the other hand I did get to miss a lot of the growing pains with it but I know you guys who held on are really enjoying reaping the rewards from doing so now. What an amazing pin, I didn't load the custom sound pack as of yet but I need to do so.

#1230 8 years ago

So my TWD LE didn't have the plexi glass protector on the entrance of bicycle girl ramp, and after a few calls to Sterns in attempt to purchase one with no avail I decided to make one of my own and in addition dress it up a bit like when she was crawling thru the field. It's cut from 1/8 plexi backed with Gorilla Tape to hopefully alleviate the issues of them cracking from the ball smashing into them. Thus far it's still good so I should be adding lights to it shortly, and believe it or not there is no view obstruction of the ramp or BG head beneath the ramp.

P1010029_(resized).JPGP1010029_(resized).JPG

#1238 8 years ago

I love my BSD, but you have to master the shots to really enjoy it.

#1245 8 years ago

Another nice mod I know it's been covered is changing those fluorescent light bulbs to the LED tube version. I bought a few of these they are nice and bright and was easy to do took 8 minutes and the price is right too, for my eyes I like the warm over the cool.

ebay.com link: itm

#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just curious, how exactly do you rotate the magnet core? Not that I have to, but I am curious in case I ever HAVE to. Thanks !!

Just loosen the big nut and with a flat head turn the core a 1/4 of a turn

#1247 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Very nice mod! I'd ask if you are going to make them, but I'm sure that it would be time intensive and price prohibitive. I hope that the ball doesn't hit it too often. Great work!

Not going to make them but real easy to do, the one thing I found out is that this girl from McFarlane figure sets was like $9.00 when I bought it now they are $60+ but if you happen to find one cheap I'll help you make it or send her to me and I'll make it for you.

#1249 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why does this help? Also which way do you turn it?

You know I cannot actually say in theory why it helped, but just from a guess I would say that by rotating the core a 1/4 of a turn actually changed the direction the magnetic field pulses and grabbed the ball just enough to change in path of SDTM. So I can't say for sure but maybe the density of the core has more of a pull to one side or another for some reason it that makes any sense.

However it did work for me and maybe will for a few others as well. No hurt in trying if it don't work for some just screw it back in the 1/4 of a turn towards it's original starting point so no harm no foul.

#1250 8 years ago

I have a crossbow question:

Is the crossbow supposed to be lined up with the same targets as shown in the animations on the DMD? I find my crossbow to be lagging behind where is pointing on the DMD during it's animation sequence. Anybody ever notice this?

#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

When you go to rotate the magnet, do you turn CW or CCW to make the adjustment?

Either direction, I feel the magnet against the PF and if it's on the high side I go lower and likewise for the opposite. Don't need to turn it much just enough to change the path. Then be sure the hold the flathead screw driver on the core shaft when tighten the nut again so it don't move from it's new set position.

#1254 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The crossbow shots are so hard, I'm not looking at the DMD when I'm shooting.

True enough, I just observe all the stupid little shit while others are playing on it

#1288 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The prison tower mod was created by Mezelmods, and best of my understanding, it has looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggg since been sold out

Here is a place that has them:

ebay.com link: The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower TWD Walker Zombie

#1290 8 years ago

Awesome, did you happen to find a LE that you were looking for or did you get a Prem?

#1292 8 years ago

Pinball life sells the Red plastic protectors set for the Pro, but you can use them on the LE /Prem models. You just need to put a 1/8 spacer under the left outlane plastic on the screw closest to the flipper. So the crossbow can pass through it without getting hung up.

P1010036_(resized).JPGP1010036_(resized).JPG

Oh and the lighted Woodbury and hitchhikers signs are great too.

#1325 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

I think I've observed that the crossbow won't fire until the ball is settled snuggly against the firing post at the bottom of the trough there.

Was just going to post the same thing, I find it exactly as you do.

#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Likely an over reaction by me after a frustrating session

Agree 1000%, and it is a awesome game that will be missed immediately. I'm glad to see Stern make a machine that has a bit more challenging shots with a great deep rule set where we as players have to setup our shots, nudge a little and think rather then just hitting off the flippers on a fast flow. For me this game brings back the likes of TSPP and LOTR but with a twist. We are now at v1.56 but just think of how much better it might be as the code matures, although it's awesome right now. I'm really glad I was given the chance to grab an LE, and would do it all over again if I had too.

#1360 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So what do you guys think of the shaker in this game? My premium is on order and I'm trying to decide it its worth it here. Where exactly does it active in the game?

Oh hell yes!!!

#1363 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a shaker in mine and its much weaker feeling than the one in my MET

Did you check the positions of your weights?

#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where exactly does it active in the game?

I have mine on max and here are some of the shakers interactions:

Prison Multi Ball
Well Walker Multi Ball
Walker Kills
Well Walker Hits
Bit
Blood Bath Mode
Bicycle Girl Hits
Arena Mode
Barn Mode
Riot Mode
CDC Mode
Multi Kills
Jackpot Hits
Skill Shot
In the Pop Bumpers on certain modes

and much more just can't recall....

#1375 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Strange because my MET shaker is so hard I had to mess with the cabinet just to calm down all of the squeaks and rattles

I had to do the same with my TWD LE including adding some felt to the glass under lock bar for it was rattling the shit out of it. I guess the same way that not all tables play the same maybe not all shakers rumble the same.

#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Really? I only ask as I just bought a pro with 1.53 on it with all the show callouts added in. 1.56 just looks like crossbow stuff.

There is a link here to v1.56 with all the show callouts as well.

#1393 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap this just happened! (I'm in the club) scored an LE NIB from a good pinsider

Someone is going to be a happy killing boy

What number is it, it looks close to mine in the 400's

#1397 8 years ago

nice, #464 here

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

get the prison EL wire!

Where did you order that from?

#1409 8 years ago

is it only supposed to flash with the pop bumper flash

It flashes red with the flashers from the pop bumpers and flashes white with the white flasher in the barn I believe.

#1412 8 years ago

Did you crimp into the wire that comes down from the barn? Then of course the other crimp is the flasher under the pops.

#1413 8 years ago

That EL wire mod is nice, I just checked Pinball Refinery but I only find additional color wires not the whole kit.

#1415 8 years ago

The leads that come from the barn were just plug in jumper with Z connector. I crimped the one for the pop flasher and it works fine.

and you checked to make sure black was to black? I thought I read somewhere that some of these towers may have had a few leave with the wires reversed in some of the plugs.

#1421 8 years ago

My mistake, the tower white flasher should light with the barns red flasher. Still the Z connector should take care of that.

#1495 8 years ago

I too have had this done on my machine rather then the sling rubber, I would say it does reduce 85-90% of the drains from the pops and does not impact at all on my tunnel shots, just my bad aiming does.

Did you also put the post sleeve back on, I did and tightened it down and hold them in place nicely.

P1010039_(resized).JPGP1010039_(resized).JPG

#1498 8 years ago

^^ That's on my short to do list.

#1524 8 years ago

I am really liking this BG ramp Cliffy protector.

I was just going to post on this. I just installed mine and removed the Stern felt strip because I was getting a lot of airballs from the flap not meeting the playfield due to the foam. Now with Cliffy installed I seem to be getting a lot of denied ramp shots, maybe because of the slop in the ramp itself rocking side to side. I wish Stern drilled these properly as the hole on the left seems so much wider then the hole on the right where the axle goes through.

#1526 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I did everything you did but there is a fix to help with the slop. Pic attached...put a small rubber ring between metal and clip

Awesome, does it matter which side to put the rubber on? It seems on my machine looking at the ramp the right side is tighter and the left side has a lot of play, which would mean removing ramps to get to that axle.

#1579 8 years ago

If any of you guys put a ColorDMD /Sigma display in, Scan Mode looks incredible.

#1590 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does it really make a huge difference?

see video below

#1596 8 years ago

Iceman44

Here is a short Youtube video of my son playing TWD with the ColorDMD set to red showing some of the animations. Please take note that I needed an adapter kit to finish off the install which of course I didn't know so I don't have it yet but it's on the way from Randy, the screen is just resting behind the speaker panel and does not have the clear shield in front of it and it's a little crooked. In addition if you see the reds going bright and back to red again, that's the camera adjusting the light metering from all the flashes going off, not the display.

Oh and it set to 5 balls (go ahead flame away), yeah we suck as the scores will show but need to learn the machine and ball time will help us.

#1599 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks really good. I had decided against a colourdmd for TWD because the red suits the theme and I generally prefer the dots to the smoothing of colourdmd, but the dots look made for "smoothing" on this.
What other colours look good? Guessing white would look good.

As you I think red suits it best so that's how I'm going to leave it set, however just think of the colors when the ROM drops from ColorDMD. That's going to be awesome.

Out of all the modes I do think scan looks the best even over the dots and hi rez believe it or not, scan has just the right amount of shading in it to give it some nice depth.

#1602 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

is someone confirmed to be working on it?

Not that I have knowledge of but hey I would volunteer my time to doing it if he would let me. However it would be a matter of time before they do anyway, I mean come on they did Popeye

#1605 8 years ago

I'm not sure they actually need the game at all. The code is all opened with software with something like Pinball browser for example and it can then be colored from there and saved to a colordmd.rom to be distributed. Yes I agree it does take time and people with a certain skill set to accomplish this and hopefully they will be more receptive to those who possibly have the skills and time to do so.

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stern gives you backup 3A 250V slow blow fuses. I have a ton of 3A 250v slow blow fuses in my inventory.
I don't have a single 4A 250V slow blow fuses sitting around to fix magnets F7 fuse.
Can I use a 3A for now while I wait for 4A to be shipped?

yes you can always go lower amperage but it may blow quicker then usual, but never go over the suggested amperage.

#1618 8 years ago

The Tower if you can locate one ($100), the red plastic protectors on the slings and outlanes ($25.00), lighted woodbury and hitchhikers signs (approx. $35.00 each).

Oh and PinGraffix pin blades to dress up those black sides.

#1675 8 years ago

Curious will the BG ramp dimple the cliffy without a little piece of foam on it?

It's stainless steel so that would be pretty hard to do considering that ramp only rests on top of it and doesn't ever really slam into all that hard, unlike a scoop protector see's and they really don't dimple either.

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also is it normal for ball to go so fast on right ramp it then jumps across and starts the crossbow?

Are you sure the crossbow light isn't lit when this happens? You load the bow from the right ramp.

Actually a better question is, does the crossbow animation and sequence start when the bow moves out to shoot? If so then the light was on, if not and the bow just shoots at position one then it wasn't ready to be loaded.

#1682 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I can't think of a solution yet.

What I did but it was the prison for me, was loosen the nut underneath and 1/4 turn the magnet core and then tightened it again. Remember you don't want the magnet to high or low from the playfield so go in the direction that is best for the setting it is at now.

#1780 8 years ago

I'm no stern fan boy by any means but after getting a TWD LE, I actually forgot I had other pins sitting here in my basement. I still don't think any of them have been turned on since TWD arrival.

#1799 8 years ago

Awesome score but it looks like you need to tone down the backglass light a little bit, seeing a lot of reflection off the glass.

#1801 8 years ago

Yep those are necessary with the DMDs for sure, with the colorDMD you don't need one at all.

#1847 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yes they come with two...

Yep, Ditto.....

#1857 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I promoted to Captain in the AF

Congrats and ty for your service.

#1872 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say it here first: I am considering selling my TWD Pro.
That being said, this game will be coming with a couple mods - Mezelmods fishtank lighting (note: NOT an actual fishtank), Zombie Apocalypse mod (biohazard flasher emblem that goes underneath the bicycle girl ramp), Woodbury sign tied into the insert so it flashes when it is time to hit the Woodbury shot.
Game has 329 plays on it.
Anyone is interested, go ahead and PM me. I'll more than likely be putting up a thread soon with pictures and videos as I usually do.
Search my name here in the thread to get some pictures and things I have done to my particular TWD Pro (Go to top of page --> "Find Posts in this Topic" --> put my name in --> BOOM, you found my posts and pictures).

upgrading to a Prem or LE?

#1879 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Very good guys (:.
I pick it up NIB this weekend.
My Pro is already sold.
Ready for my upgrade!!!!! Woooooo!

Welcome to the world of bombs

#1880 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How is this mod holding up? Have any airballs hit it? I just got my figure used on Ebay for a reasonable price and will be following your creative lead. But I'd like to know if it's in a vulnerable position - if so I'll reinforce it or shield it.

Thus far I had zero issues with it, I also installed the cliffy drop ramp protector and removed the stern foam fix which makes the ramp sit flush now so air balls just about never happen there now.

#1885 8 years ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Cliffy is the only mod truly needed

Quoted from T7:

Bicycle Girl light is needed

Both of these mods are a must on Prem & LE models.

1 week later
#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Just joined the club too. One question/problem: my left ramp (on the premium) rejects a lot of balls. I presume this is because the plastic ramp part sits a bit higher than the BG ramp flap (where the two meet) which it hits and stops the ball. Is there a fix to make the two flush? Is this a common issue?

One thing I had found is that the Stern fix for that ramp cause the ball to go to the air many times on shooting the ramp. So to fix this I ordered the Cliffy protector, removed the Stern felt strip and both meet pretty flush now and hardly ever get any airballs. In addition you might want to put that rubber ring on one side of the shaft that the ramp pivots on, this will hold the ramp steadier as well and should have very very few denied shots now.

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern just put a video of the making of the walking dead ...pretty cool

can you post the link please.

#1993 8 years ago

Dam,

His first ball alone beat my grand champion score lol.

#2001 8 years ago

Anyone else notice their Cliffy BG ramp protector getting dimples in it from the screws? To be fair I did remove the Stern fix to seat the ramp flush with the PF.

#2004 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You might want to remove the cliffy at some point to see if it is also damaging the playfield. If the steel is dented, decent chance the wood underneath is too.

Yep been doing that. Interesting thing I found is that I also had mylar under the cliffy to protect the PF and that was now wrinkled to shit. No wood damage thank God, but in the process of Goo gone to remove the glue and a fresh set of wax, but do I dare put another piece of mylar back?

#2006 8 years ago

This frigging BG ramp is frustrating me to no end, my shots are now getting denied more times in the past 3 games then I have been denied asking my wife for sex in the past 26 years of marriage.

I'm sure it all has to do with the metal flap on the ramp with such a steep angle that causing the rejection, but come on Stern really. You guys couldn't have made the flap wider then the current 3/4" to give the ball a better surface approach.

Now if I make a new flap the cliffy is useless, if it stays this way the game is very frustrating. Piss poor design, they should produce a new drop ramp with a bigger flap to address this and it will address all the airballs as well. I can see this LE going up for sale very soon....

okay rant over

#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trust me, the frustrations I initially had with the game almost made me want to sell it. Once I dialed it in that's not the case anymore.
I don't get many rejections off that ramp - can you take a picture of how it sits on the playfield? I fully removed that foam and have a Cliffy's there so it sits flush with the PF. Now, I can't say it never gets rejects, but when I nail the shot it works 99% of the time. When it rejects it means I had a bad shot and I know that was the reason. I actually find it to be one of the easier shots in the game besides the Barn shot. There must be something that can be done to make your ramp shots better...

It was fine until I took off the protector cleaned and waxed under it, changed the mylar underneath which was wrinkled to no end and put a fresh piece and then reinstalled the cliffy. Like yourself I took off the Stern weather strip fix and it does sit pretty flush. I think it's the bend in the very short flap.

P1010001_(resized).JPGP1010001_(resized).JPG

#2011 8 years ago

Sterns fix was a piece of foam "weather strip" style stuck on the bottom of the flap and riviets. It raised the ramp a bit higher then usual and caused many balls to go air bound.

#2063 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Has anyone purchased a plastics protector set for a TWD LE from Pinbits?
Are they colored or clear?
Does the plastics set work for an LE?
There's virtually no info about them on their website - not even a pic.
Does another company make them?

I have in Red and installed them on my LE. Now because of the crossbow arm you'll need to put a small washer/spacer under the left outlane plastic raising it a hair so the crossbow arm now swings through it free and clear from any obstructions.

f8b933ec5870d2c45fa2782f573e99bbec693335_(resized).jpgf8b933ec5870d2c45fa2782f573e99bbec693335_(resized).jpg

#2065 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

But did you purchase these from Pinbits? The image looks like the protectors sold by Pinball Life which is only 4 pieces, red and not from pinbits.

You are correct, my mistake. This is what happens when you logon before coffee and without glasses LOL. Well the Pinball life lower plastic set works and looks good, can't comment on the Pinbits set. Sorry.

#2136 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

OK, in all seriousness, has anyone actually hit the tower shot with the crossbow?

Yep, Woodbury shot with the bow has been the thorn in my side.

2 weeks later
#2217 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

(KPG - post # 1230)

Wasn't KPG it was me I forgive ya!!! Looks awesome. I have since added a green led light to highlight her and it looks great.

#2226 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Doh! Sorry about that! Change made to the original post. Thanks again for the great idea. I agree that she is in a dark hole and hard to see. I was thinking of adding a spotlight to make her more visible. Where did you put your light? (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . .)

No worries was just having a little fun, glad you liked the idea. Okay what I did was order this select "Pico" super tiny LED in green (or whatever color you wish), selected the voltage of 7-19v AC or DC from the following site. You can also use Nano if you wish, Pico is real tiny.

http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/smd-chip-leds.html

I then dremeled a tiny hole just on the inside of her left forearm so the light is totally hidden from view, ran the wires across underneath, used a piece of Gorilla tape or duct tape to hold the wired to the plastic and protect them, then just dropped it under the PF and connect then to which ever you choose, insert GI etc... even a flasher if you wish.

I will make a video if you wish to see it, just need a few days before I can do so. Work is getting in my way of having fun.

#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've thought about throwing a colour dmd in for the moment and setting it to white. Anyone done this?

Hell Yes........Awesome. The white will still be red with the gel plexi or you can order a clear one and set it to any color you like. Scan mode is awesome I posted a video of it quite some posts back in the thread.

There is a mounting kit you'll need to order as well for the newer stern panels and that comes with the clear shield.

#2295 8 years ago

This game has a horde mode? Man my playing must suck.....

#2313 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Sorry for not being clear. The right ball drain lane in the area of the slingshots and flippers. The left slingshot often shoots it right into the drain lane and nudging the games does nothing to prevent that.

Those are the outlanes you can buy wider star posts and put those in, in addition there is a fellow on here who sell the lane extenders which help a bit.

His name is: yoyokopter ,shoot him a pm to order them.

#2319 8 years ago

The first thing I do on all my stern machines is disable that annoying digital knocker.

#2326 8 years ago

Does rotating the prison magnet 1/4 turn change the direction of the ball when it leaves the magnet?

It did for me.

Actually let me clarify this, I rotate the magnet core and protector itself not just the magnetic coil. I moved it a 1/4 of a turn in a direction that I felt was safe judging if it might have been a bit too low or too high before starting. It tosses my balls (hehe) in all directions now and made a huge difference. I'd say since the adjustments maybe three balls went SDTM. In addition I also leveled my machine with a 2' tilt to the right that if any were coming right back it might just catch the right flipper. Finally make sure the rear to front pitch isn't too great, this will also effect the pulse of the magnet more or less taking the pulse away and just making a straight drop.

These are things I found that worked on my machine but everyone's machine, house floor are different. So just invest a little time into some of these things to see what works for you and you'll love this machine and keep coming back for more punishment.

Now to find this horde that everyone is speaking about..............

#2373 8 years ago

For you Prem and LE guys who are tired of all the white inserts, these work great.

http://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#2408 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did nodyliab stop making his BG mod? That's the one I have, and it's awesome!

Yes, it's to my understanding if I heard correctly that Gnassel has picked up his design and ran with it now.

1 week later
#2528 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Probably worth $30/40 I would think

Just the Tomica Winnebago from 1975/1976 in decent used shape is selling for this price alone on ebay without any modifications done to it. Their are cheaper ones on there but they have heavy wear issues.

I'm in the process of opening up mine and adding headlights which will work with the GI's and a internal red flasher that will fire with the pop bumpers.

#2559 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So got to play some games on my brand NIB walking dead premium, and it was a great feeling having the first plays on a machine!
I have two questions for this club:
I have added some photos of the BG ramp, and recalled some posts earlier: Is this ramp out of alignment, and should I do the fix with post/washers to make it straight with the main ramp? I had no large issues hitting the ramp, but it looks as if it could maybe be damaging to the ramp edge over time?
Also, had a couple of times when the machine did not register that the ball had drained. is this a known issue that may occur? I assume a trough switch might have gotten a bump in transport or something.

It looks as if the right side hex post of the ramp needs to be grinded down a bit to bring it flush with the drop ramp. This will stop most of the airballs and denied shots.

#2561 8 years ago
Quoted from system11:

is the cliffy still advised

Yes, 1000%

1 month later
#2785 7 years ago

If there are no major updates coming down the road that changes the animations all that much, ColorDMD really needs to get cranking on this title if they aren't already in the process..

#2803 7 years ago

I think it was sarcasm, it's more like cow tipping needed to knock these over when setup.

#2845 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!!

Glad that you listen to those of us who have experience with both models. Both are great machines and you should always buy within your budget, however if the Prem model was still in your budget it was well worth the difference on this title.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#3153 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

which is the overall most preferred?

I have a few different versions of the more popular ones folks are running, and I just ended up going back stock for in the meantime. For the people in my house and who come over and play just found it easier with the stock call outs and directions on what to shoot for versus a random voice call out from the show, but once you master the flow and rules a few of those packages are great.

1 week later
#3233 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Is the 'knocker' sound stored as a sample ? I wonder if the sound can be changed in Pinball Browser ?

I believe in the browser under sounds if you sort it by duration it is "Script 0x15 (0min00s108ms)". You would need a real fast sound to replace it with.

BTW same location for those with MetLE / Prem as well.

#3238 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

How critical are the length of the short samples ? Could you put in a longer sample ?

I don't believe so, you can always put a shorter length sample in and have some dead space at the end but a longer sample will get cut short. That's if it follows the same theory as when replacing songs.

4 months later
#3895 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

A Christmas gift from ME to ME.

Were you surprised , great game you are going to love it more when the colorDMD drops.

#3898 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Any more news about this?

Other then me harassing them on every colorDMD hint photo with TWD guesses and tell them I'm about to throw the towel in and give up on seeing it in color when it wasn't, I was told by the big man himself to be patient and not to give up so quickly. So I would say for sure it's in the pipeline for a 2017 release.

1 week later
#3944 7 years ago

By any chance does anyone know if the current code is final or are we do for 1 more tweak and adjustment update? Not sure if I recall 100% but thought there was something mentioned about another TWD update to follow but that was 1.5 years ago now.

#3952 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

With Lyman I would not doubt about it. For reference, think about Tron and MET.
The premium/le 'horde' light is a known bug so someday in the future I figure it will get fixed

Lyman seems like a perfectionist so at some point I believe he will come back and address those loose ends that need minor tweaking, as far as it goes for that horde light bug on my machine I would have never have known for I never even got there as of yet lol. (pathetic right)

Maybe I should take the glass off

#3960 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

want a Twd but i'm waiting for the Negan premium version !

Just have a custom Translite printed, and maybe add a few custom whistle callouts with pinball browser and your all set.

#3977 7 years ago

Do the attempt to reset and fall back down or just no movement at all?

#3985 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don't mind it actually as the prison magnet would always end up draining the ball,

There are several little adjustments that you can do that will alleviate this issues 95% of the times. They were posted here in this thread.

#3987 7 years ago

I know I had found when I rotate my core about 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn and that did the trick for sure. You can also have the machine pitch slightly towards the right flipper and that would help with that SDTM and also coming down from the pops where many were getting SDTM. Try some of those simple adjustments it did wonders for my machine but every machine is like a women they each have their own attitudes .

#3989 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

In fact it plays wonderfully fair *except* for the prison magnet.

Then try just the magnet option, you never know until you try. Remember small movement it don't need to be drastic and you want to remain flush with the PF.

#3991 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey you *guaranteed* me dude! I'm driving all the way up there if it doesn't work

Awesome, I might be buying a machine down there too so now I have someone who can deliver it

#4002 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks! Is that something I can get at a local hardware store or should I buy through a pinball supplier?

Home Depot, Auto supply store, Lowes. Just make sure it's a slow blow fuse.

#4031 7 years ago

Finally got to Horde tonight, the next time I do I'll be sure to watch the playfield this time

#4057 7 years ago

Looks like colordmd rom is on it's way boys and girls..........

#4085 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Regarding ColorDMD... Does this mean they figure there will be no more game code updates?

I'm pretty sure even if it does get an update or two down the road for tweaking code and such, it's shouldn't affect the colorDMD unless animation changes are made although I could be wrong.

#4094 7 years ago

One of if not the best colordmd to date, that video preview is off the hook.

#4097 7 years ago

Yes, just download the color rom file for it

#4108 7 years ago

1j9d2y (resized).jpg1j9d2y (resized).jpg

#4130 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I kind of like the way you can see the insides of the game, especially if you have a speaker light kit installed.

Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you mean it's set back far? Farther than the normal DMD?

Yes, the Sterns needed spacer for their slant speaker panel does sit the ColorDMD back a bit further then normal mounted ColorDMDs. As far as it goes from the side seeing inside a bit, a little black felt or weather stripping around the dmd will darken out any backbox lighting that you may see from the sides.

#4132 7 years ago

Doesn't the more expensive kit come with the clear insert shield needed for the Colordmd? As I recall the insert shield on the TWD was red.

4 years later
#10113 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me the Fish Tank Head flasher order for the lamps. Is Head one on the left or right, two in the middle, three is etc...

Thanks

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Mine goes from left to right, so head one is on the left.

Awesome thank you!

#10116 2 years ago

Tech Question:

TWD Pro my last few games noticed that my coil to load the shooter lane has really been hurling the balls out pretty hard half of the time they are hitting the glass and slamming off the side above the side rail. I did go through the settings and there to look for individual coils power adjustments and it seems there is no power adjustments for it other then slings and coils pulse power (soft, normal and hard). I even set that setting to soft with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Tech Question:
TWD Pro my last few games noticed that my coil to load the shooter lane has really been hurling the balls out pretty hard half of the time they are hitting the glass and slamming off the side above the side rail. I did go through the settings and there to look for individual coils power adjustments and it seems there is no power adjustments for it other then slings and coils pulse power (soft, normal and hard). I even set that setting to soft with no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Found my issues, the weld seems let loose on both sides at the top of the curve. Going to see if I can find someone who can spot weld stainless steel.

#10119 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

If not, they are available for purchase...I had to get one for mine as well when the welding I had a buddy do wasn't as smooth as I felt comfortable with.
https://www.pinballlife.com/upper-ball-trough-assembly-2-piece-set.html

thanks, just ordered one among other goodies while I was there lol.

#10121 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's easy to do. I just received order 8 days ago. Have another basket of goodies but hold off another day or two just to make sure I have everything. May add this to cart now. Lol

Stuff adds up quickly lol. Then no matter how long you wait when you push the purchase button there is no doubt that when your laying in bed later that night you going to go "Shit..........." as you just remember what else you needed lol.

2 weeks later
#10150 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Hi
I just finished reading all the posts in this thread about fish tank mod, but I cannot seem to find how to mount the tank in the game.
I have the dvd box set tanks, and I will probably make my own light strip to light it from below.
Can anyone point me to a video or thread on how to install the season 4 box set tank in the game and light it up DIY style?

Do you have a 3D Printer? I made a bracket that holds the tank in place using the backboard screw and it's location that's already there.

0CE9C3A6-CD31-44A1-8230-2B7CFF8C231E (resized).jpeg0CE9C3A6-CD31-44A1-8230-2B7CFF8C231E (resized).jpeg249DE450-F982-4A26-9D23-D3BDA0168633 (resized).jpeg249DE450-F982-4A26-9D23-D3BDA0168633 (resized).jpeg
#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

As far as the DVD fish tank mod, is it independently lit or just lit through the GI on the backboard?

Not sure about the one above, on the post prior on my tank. The green is a constant lit effect but I have it on a dimmer to adjust the brightness, the blue led effect is tied into the topper's general illumination effect which fades in and out, then there are warm leds over each head and that is tied into the topper's individual head lighting sequence.

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That sounds complicated but it looks amazing

Quoted from tominator:

I don’t have a printer, but a buddy does... your tank looks amazing!
Is the blue water effect just a printed “card” attached to the back? It really looks like water in the pic. Would love to know how you achieved that effect!

It's all LED's, the blue is a LED strip cut to about 4" ran along the underside of the tank cover on the rear side, the green is a LED strip cut to the same length ran under the tank cover along the front side, and the whites are individual LED lights one above each head towards their front to highlight their faces when lit. The pro has the programming in the code for the topper already so I used a 5 wire about thee feet in length, made a connector so it can be split from the PF to back box, tied all the commons together and the ran each hot to their individual pin on the plug on the cpu board.

I can send you the stl file for the bracket, after printed you can use some hot glue or goop etc to glue the tank to the bracket.

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It should tie into the harness for the topper. Mezel Mods makes this, described as "Each head on the backboard is individually illuminated based on game play." I have this one with a bracket to mount the LEDs beneath the heads, but if I did it over I would likely leave them above the heads as they come from Mezel. I mounted mine with a piece of an old clear plastic that I glued to the tank and mounted using the same screws mentioned above. With the playfield back in position you can't see it at all.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro
[quoted image]

I seen this but it really would have been cool if they also added the Topper general illumination feature to it. That's why I just went ahead and made my own, and each head does interact like you stated when you make the fish tank shot.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Sounds like by your description that you have two 4” strip leds plus 3 single white led’s all stuck to tank lid. Thats a lot of wires so I would like to know how you hid them and connected them... any pics?

That is correct, the Blue strip and 3 individual warm white LEDS are all hooked to the plug pins where the topper would go to, the green strip is on a constant 12v source where I used a variable POT to dim the green led's to my liking as this strip is always on.

I'll send you some pictures, along where I bought the pot.

1 month later
#10193 2 years ago

Has anyone came across the issue where you added a shaker motor (sterns) to the game and after a few seconds of performing normal the motor just runs continuously ever after ball drain and and game over?

I can tell you it's a Stern shaker kit with daughter board Rev A.

Game running latest code revision.

I'm leaning towards a bad or blown transistor.... and hopefully on the daughter board (shaker board).

TIA

#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I don't have experience with that issue, but a failed transistor would not typically work and then quit when it gets warm each time. More like a connection getting warm like cold solder joint causing an intermittent control signal. Obviously the motor is getting power.

I was think along the lines of the 22NE10L transistor blowing, if I'm correct they can blow and having the current constantly flow with no gate to stop it. However I kneel to those who are more electrically inclined them myself

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I had an issue like this with my shaker on ACDC. I was told (by Stern) to get a revised board since earlier ones had issues.....but it required a different power wire so I couldn't easily use it without running a new wire. I gave up, put the old board back in and it magically worked and hasn't given me any problems in a while. Sooner or later I will need to figure this out.

I have the revision A board which used the 22NE10L which I hear can blow at the drop of a hat, so of course I pull out the DMM and test the transistor and yep it's shot and locked wide open allowing the current just to flow through. I'm in the process of swapping boards with the distro as I only grabbed this yesterday and installed today, but I will be picking up a few of the upgraded 40 Amp N Channel Mosfet transistor from PBL just in-case this one blows again and replace the chip myself.

#10203 2 years ago

I think the A and B are both correct, now if I'm right Rev A with all those extra cables and plugs are Sterns Shaker kit, this Rev B is PBL version for Stern Sam machines. ( This is only my assumption as I cannot find a different versions on Sterns site )

If you look at the two PCB boards between A and B, A has Stern on the board and B board has Shaker Motor Interface Board.

Both will work fine just that Stern used that 20A transistor which pops easily. So I just ordered some of the beefier 40A upgrades to drop in.

PBL-600-0112-00_360x360 (resized).jpgPBL-600-0112-00_360x360 (resized).jpgstern sam (resized).jpgstern sam (resized).jpg
#10205 2 years ago

TWD back up and shaking like a pro, those dam 20A transistors suck wind.....

#10208 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Edit - Just saw you got it fixed!

yep those transistors on the Rev A board from Stern which is their only board btw, suck.

Here is the replacement beefier transistor if it happens again:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=110-0106-00

#10210 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So I just got a TWD and the previous owners had put in a bunch of LEDS but they are flickering. Do ya’ll have LED OCD boards installed or will non ghosting inserts do the trick? Also...want to install a shaker. Do the Stern SAM take the same pinballife shakers or do I need something else? Thanks!

PBL Sam shaker with shaker board Rev B will work fine

or

Sterns Sam shaker kit with shaker board Rev A will work fine however they used a 20A Transistor that sometimes can blow at the drop of a dime and if that happens you just replace it with the beefier 40A transistor that PBL sells for $5.00

#10212 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks! Any recommendations on this LED situation? Game looks like it’s on the fritz, lamps aren’t fading...they just flash and some flicker when they’re not supposed to be lit. Assuming the prior owner didn’t use non ghosting bulbs? Did the SAM games ship with incandescent like Whitestar?

I thought all version were shipped with LEDs, the LE and Prem had surface board mount LEDs I believe as where the pro had 555 and 44/47 style LEDs

#10213 2 years ago

If you have a machine currently with non ghosting LEDs in it, pull one or two and put in TWD where you see that flicker ghosting and see if it stops. If it does then you know you have to bite the bullet and re do the machine, if not it might be another issue all together.

#10216 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks fellas! Is the shaker well integrated in this game? Is it a must have?

Absolutely love the way Lyman utilized the shaker in TWD.

1 week later
#10237 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Has there ever been a discussion which is better? Pro or LE ?

I think there has been many over the years, I can tell you from my experience and just my opinion. I had an LE years ago and ended up selling it, picked up a pro from a friend and awesome seller this year and IMHO I love the way to pro shoots over the LE. There were just some things about the LE that were little hiccups for me.

Bicycle girl ramp aside from needing foam under the flap to prevent damage to the PF, it just never seemed to sit right at the split joint and I was getting a ton of rejected shots no matter how many adjustments I tried.

The second magnet in front of the well walker was cool to have but not necessary, along with the crossbow feature.

Woodbury drop target, that dam decal would always seem to keep peeling off and jam the drop target often so I don't miss that as well, actually really like the flow without it.

Okay the lockbar Walker Bomb button, this to me is the biggest value loss when going from a LE/Prem to a pro, but to be honest again not a 4000 worth of a loss. However it's all about what you prefer.

For (me) I love the pro and very satisfied with it as such that for my liking I don't feel the need to upgrade for the few differences.

4 weeks later
#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Similar to the Jurassic park boys changing the jeep out. It doesn't appear anywhere in the video or art so looks a little out of place.

Actually the jeeps they are doing in JP is in the ultimate code video clips from Tim.

1 week later
#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Back in the club after a year and a half hiatus. Wanted a premium but ended up with a pro. Still love it, not sure why it ever left.

I had an LE sold it years ago, come back to the club in the past few months with a pro, other them really missing the walker bomb button I like the pro over the prem and LE. Just love the flow on this machine.

11 months later
#11010 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Got one of those dvd box set with the fish tanks.
Also interested in having it light up.
Have the stern topper could it be linked to that ?
[quoted image]

I used the same DVD box set and tank for my pro, made the heads in the have a nice faint green erie glow to it, and then wired three white leds one above each head that comes on accordingly with each right ramp shot like the topper does and also when the zombie sound in the game comes on and the attract flashers kicks in it also lights the head in the tank. I used the same connections for the white leds where the topper plug would go, and a 12v power for the green glow with a dimmer control board so I'm able to dim it as much as I like.

Here is a quick sample video, it's terrible but gives you an idea.

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Thanks that is what i would like to do

This is the controller board I used to dim the erie glow:

https://www.amazon.com/ALEDECO-Voltage-Motor-Speed-Controller/dp/B07P2BLG2L/

#11015 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How did you attach the tank to the backboard?
Nice mod. Want to make me one? Ha Ha.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I used a bracket attached to the lid and screwed into the existing screw that held the flat plastic tank image.

Yep, I 3D printed a bracket and used that existing screw hole to hold the tank in it's place.

4 months later
#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Hoping for some help. I need to replace the cable from the CPU board in the backbox to the main node board under the Playfield on my LE. According to the manual it's part number #036-5596-144 I've looked everywhere but can't find a replacement one online. Is it some sort of standard cable I can buy, doesnt look like a standard network cable?

Here is one but it's overseas if you need it.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-spareparts/6c-twisted-pair-data-cable-036-5597-144_30806_2362

It looks like they use regular Cat 5E cable, but only 6 wires are used as it appears they don't use the brown/brown white wires. If you can get those heads and a crimper I guess you can make your own if you know the pinout order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.