IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5445 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Now do I install and lose my Cleland update and hope he updates his work.
Or chance losing Cleland's work ?

Just back it up!
This update seems to do a lot, so I am going to dump my custom sound code as well.
I would think the people that did the custom stuff can patch it up to the new code, and this will likely be the last update

5 months later
#6405 5 years ago

Also, I have put some electrical tape on the top edge of the glass to reduce rattle.

#6407 5 years ago

Haven't tried fancy stuff, electric tape has worked fine for me, need to use a couple pieces to get some thickness.
Been on my GoT for a couple years.

1 week later
#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I personally think the pro plays better because that left ramp is so damn rewarding to hit. I'm not a fan of the lifting ramp and bicycle girl.

I figured out a soloution to the shitty lift ramp.
I dubbed it the Prem-O!

IMG_2165 (resized).JPGIMG_2165 (resized).JPG
IMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPG

#6487 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

however couldn’t stand the game play change with the left ramp

Me either, that's why I installed the Pro ramp on my Premium, you keep all the flow, and the software compensates perfectly. I can even make the ramp with the crossbow!

IMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPG

#6504 5 years ago

115-all the walker kill lights on the PF

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you collect zombie kills in Horde mode?

No

#6535 5 years ago

DIP switch 8, on the cpu

2 weeks later
#6613 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice start of a new relation with a pinball. Its already frustrating and I havent hardly played it yet

aside from being a ball trap, wouldn't it play just fine w/o Mr. Ugly there?

1 week later
#6679 5 years ago

Made Siege today for the 1st time!

IMG_2326 (resized).JPGIMG_2326 (resized).JPG
#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you do it?

You have to finish Prison MB, tons of shooting around then shoot the prison.
I often felt stuck, so I would use a prison bomb to advance.
Basically, 2 supers in Prison MB.
Actually managed it twice yesterday, but your whole game need to be focused on that, stacking Prison and Blood bath twice pretty much.

1 month later
#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

So I have tested the switches and everything seems to work just fine so long as the ball is rolling very slowly. It seems that the magnet is just weak ?

The lower screw holding the magnet to the ramp on mine has a bit of a slot instead of hole, probably to bring the magnet closer to the balls normal path.
I would try adjusting yours to be closer to the ball, if possible.

2 weeks later
#6838 5 years ago

Tourney mode makes modes easier to start (every other set of drops), but also makes multikills harder to light.
It also retains your multikill value after Horde, you don't lose it till you drain.

#6849 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

anyone have problems with balls double stacking in the trough?

Make sure the welds aren't broken at the top of the trough kick out scoop, happens a lot, and causes this when they break

#6864 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are there other extra balls to be earned aside from the default of 5 and 60 walker kills?

Pretty sure there is someone that you can get to after you earn a ton of the blood bath supply sets

1 week later
#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does LMS start once you reach 115, or do you have to hit Woodbury to do it?

Woodbury to start.
I had LMS and Horde both lit at the same time once, and missed and drained. I so wanted to see what it would've awarded.

1 month later
#7007 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I've seen someone put a pro ramp into a premium and turn off the parts that the premium ramp used. The game accounts for these in the settings, as you can turn them off.

That would be me! One of a kind still afaik. When's the last time anyone made 10 ramps in a row on a LE/prem.?

IMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPG
#7009 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Nice mod! Did you have to modify your Bicycle girl to make it fit?-I always thought the Pro ramp was less steep? I'm guessing that you can still use the lighted mod to work and run it off the first ramp switch?

Thanks! I used my Pro BG mount, and moved ramp protectors over too, don't know part# of those.
I ordered the ramp through my Dist. (Game Ex) around $175!

Also note, no recess on PF at ramp entrance, and I had to put 2 screws there to mount, pretty scary, but I will never go back, so who cars?

1 week later
#7036 5 years ago

Sounds like the transistor is shorted. Q19

#7064 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I meant what's the name of that transistor I'm going to buy one

The number is on the case of the xister.

2 weeks later
#7120 5 years ago

Just the two in back

#7124 5 years ago

I just stick a piece of blue painters tape right to the bulb on the front to dim

1 week later
#7145 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those guys that replaced Prem with pro left ramp how did you do that and does the software work to get that ramp for it to work?

I did the original ramp replacement, I had both machines.
It's a little tricky, but the software is completely compliant with it, no need to even use the ramp disable adjustment.

#7156 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Me too. No clue what the whining is about.

The ramp entrance IS different, it is a sharper angle where it meets the playfield, and actually a narrower shot because of the metal sides.
Add to that the hinge at the top, that can get a little slop over time, and take energy away from the ball, and you have a good amount of rejected shots.
The ball also rolls back down the ramp differently, it just kinda plunks back down the lift ramp (again due partly to the metal sides), where the pro smoothly comes down and often gets a little kick off the post at the entrance.
Finally, when it lifts to bash the BG, it kills the flow, and doesn't allow for putting the inlane X on big money shots sometimes.
Add it all up and that is why people "whine".
Enjoy yours, I'm glad it shoots without issue, but many of them do not, and perfect shots that brick and reject right back to the drain are reasonable complaints IMO.

#7158 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Calm down, buddy, I didn't say it wasn't different

Lol, I'm not worked up about it, just defending my fellow Whiners.

#7163 5 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Hundreds of pin reviews for the Prem/LE and Pro show the Prem/LE rates notably higher than the Pro.

...as it should! It is a better version of a great game.
Except that BG ramp.

1 month later
#7350 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

New to the club. Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes? I've watched a few vids but would like to read them.

I haven't read the rulesheet in that post, but I would also recommend reading the readme file on the code at Sterns website.
It helps understand the changes in the rules over time, as they have evolved and been tweaked, as well as just understand the rules. (And point values, somewhat)

1 month later
#7485 5 years ago

I would think tying it to the sling would make the sling rapid fire with a spinner shot

2 weeks later
#7532 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

left ramp left ramp left ramp left ramp ... --> this builds the base value of all the other shots
shoot a lot of other shots but avoid the left ramp once you have made one of those shots
as soon as you decide to cash in, you shoot the left ramp. First time for the small pay off, second time for the big payoff.
Try to shoot the last shot with playfield multiplier on and use your x multiplier (i mostly save and build the x during cdc for the last shot)

Also,...
If you have played any other modes (barn, I prefer), then before you start shooting the ramp to build and light the jackpots, you can shoot the lit shots (barn,riot,etc, whatever mode you previously played) to add 500k to the base value, it's basically like shooting 10,20? ramps, as the ramp shot only builds 25k per shot, I think.
That's how I've gotten huge CDC totals.
This also works with all the other modes too, adding value to them.

1 month later
#7665 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any thoughts on what this might be?

Do you have the latest code?
There was a horde crash bug in earlier versions I think

1 month later
#7852 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I guess since no one wants to help me, I should ask, what question should I ask and where should I ask it so I can fix my $11,000 machine.

Ask the question if being rude is the best way to get help, ask it to yourself.

1 month later
#7962 4 years ago

Another way to find if it’s the walker switch or some sort of matrix problem is to unplug the switch and see if the problem disappears (in test).

9 months later
#9002 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You haven’t beaten The Walking Dead (Pro) until you’ve finished LMS, Siege, Horde, and Terminus.

.....all in the same game....
Done it once.

4 weeks later
#9124 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ball bounces back into trough and sits on top of the one on the VUK. Game doesnt seem to want to try to clear it

The ball trough welds are probably broken.
The curved part right where it ejects breaks the welds and then it is kind of springy and bounces the ball back in a lot.

4 weeks later
#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

What determines the doubled bonus? "X"? PF Double Scoring?

Yes

11 months later
#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you’re asking how to finish CDC it’s: start with as many ramps as you can to light red arrows, hit arrow shots, then hit CDC ramp twice to finish.

I like to play Barn before CDC, then you can pump up the CDC value by shooting the barn shot, and it bumps it by 500k instead of the 25k bump from shooting the ramp.
So 1 barn shot = 20 ramp shots.
You have to shoot right after beginning CDC, a couple barn shots, then go to the ramp for lighting jack pots. Next, start collecting jackpots, (and probably targets to add time) get a 2x playfield going, and after a few jackpots, go to the finishing shots on the ramp, add the inlane multiplier for the final HUGE shot!

7B38CA06-D90F-488A-929F-CC4E640575E4 (resized).jpeg7B38CA06-D90F-488A-929F-CC4E640575E4 (resized).jpeg
#10140 2 years ago

Yes, any played mode adds 500k, I like barn because you can get some free drop targets when you miss.
Other modes add 500k on played mode shots too, but it’s not as big of a bump for those modes as it is on CDC.

1 week later
#10175 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Luckily I was not having a particularly good game, but in the last ball, it somehow flew up, hit the glass, and landed here. By the time I went to get the key and take the glass off to put it in the shooter lane, the game aborted.

A light tap on the cabinet side would have gotten that.

1 month later
#10267 2 years ago

Found some walkers in the barn…

C88D11FD-5BBF-4865-ADEC-AF6399639D5B (resized).jpegC88D11FD-5BBF-4865-ADEC-AF6399639D5B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10326 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

but for whatever reason I like to leave the game as stock as possible, just feels 'right' to me at least... leaving it that way.

Curious how a “stock” tilt bob or leg leveler is set?

#10335 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm guessing you were looking to make a point though rather than looking for an answer?

Actually interested in an answer, I prefer games “stock” as well, but usually that means settings and adjustments in software, and where the outlane posts and such come installed from the factory.
I don’t think TWD was designed to drain SDTM from the pops constantly, so I would be fine with a fat post if that’s what was needed to help. However, if it made the game NEVER drain out of the pops, that’s not the design either IMO.
I think all games constantly change and can be tweaked to make them play however the owner thinks the designer would have liked.
If a sling or pop is dead-ish from the factory, no shame in changing the stock setup.
And if you care,….tilt with the bob about halfway through the ring, levelers about halfway through the legs in the back, adjust from there to what’s seems “stock”. (That usually makes a game steeper than the middle-bubble, which I find way too floaty)
Those are my “stock” settings.

1 week later
#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

My barn magnet locks the ball, but do not relise it?
I havet to nudge the game very little to realise it.

Jack up the back legs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=DNO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.