20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1277 8 years ago

Anyone have a link to the laser bow mod (where to buy it and a video of it working)

#1283 8 years ago

Thanks Gweem! I noticed Markmon had the prison tower mod installed on his machine and I like the way it looks where is the best place to buy the lit tower mod, also who sells the BG lighting mod?

#1289 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Here is a place that has them:
ebay.com link » The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower Twd Walker Zombie

Got one! Thanks for the tip... Marco's had them available but they are like $150 + S&H
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-6169-00

Also got a hold of Gnassel for the BG mod

I can hardly wait for Color DMD to work their magic on this game it's gunna be awesome!

#1291 8 years ago

Awesome, did you happen to find a LE that you were looking for or did you get a Prem?

A friend/very cool Pinsider had an LE NIB and I was able to work a deal on it, I can't wait to get it!

Mods purchased so far:
Shaker
Prison tower
BG Light Mod
BG cliffy
Shooter lane Cliffys
Red super bands
Mirror polished balls
Psw10 subwoofer
Custom pin cards

Thinking about:
Laser crossbow mod
Burning barn mod
Various sign mods

#1293 8 years ago

Anyone try the red/blue ramp lighting from Mezel mods? In the pics the red doesn't show up as well as the blue but red seems like a more appropriate color.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

LOL... I've had mine less than a week and I think it is time for it to move on.

Can you tell us more about what your not liking?

#1382 8 years ago

Oh snap this just happened! (I'm in the club) scored an LE NIB from a good pinsider

Let the modding begin so far I have:
shaker
Lit prison tower
Cliffys
BG light mod on way
Laser crossbow on the way
New isn't cards
Mezel ramp lighting
Barn awning
Psw10 sub
Red super bands
Mirror polished balls

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1395 8 years ago

Someone is going to be a happy killing boy
What number is it, it looks close to mine in the 400's

I am LE # 439.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where did you get the prison tower from? I looked all over and they are gone everywhere. I contacted Mezalmods and it looks like they won't be made anymore because of some sort of hangup at Stern.
I like the way it looks back there enough that I'm considering fabricating my own.

Grab one here looks like he still has some left...
ebay.com link: itm $99.00

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The auction says ended and their site no longer shows them. I'll contact them just in case.

Shoot sorry man it showed 10 of them when I grabbed mine a few days ago, those went fast.

#1407 8 years ago

Ok I need to look at the prison wire mod.. Some one post pics of it installed please.
I just installed the tower.. is it only supposed to flash with the pop bumper flash? Also really like the blueMezel ramp lights but I'm super bummed when I went to install it one of the wires broke off at the solder joint and the fans LED strip is nearly impossible to get a good solder joint on. I got it working for now but I don't think it will last.. Sure looks cool though!

#1410 8 years ago

Hmm I'm not getting flashers from the barn

#1414 8 years ago

Did you crimp into the wire that comes down from the barn? Then of course the other crimp is the flasher under the pops.

The leads that come from the barn were just plug in jumper with Z connector. I crimped the one for the pop flasher and it works fine. The pic shows the instructions from Mezel's site

#1427 8 years ago

and you checked to make sure black was to black? I thought I read somewhere that some of these towers may have had a few leave with the wires reversed in some of the plugs.
Thanks!!

You nailed it! The plugs were wired backwards, I switched them around and my prison tower works perfectly now.

Quoted from iceman44:

You can see the orange wire there Concrete, the green looks kick ass too.
I didn't remove the relay because I want it to flash and be tied into the GI.
I'm sure Steve can get the whole kit ready for you. If I was only going to get one I'd get the orange although the green is cool too.

That looks awesome Ice! I will have to add that mod.

#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm in. I mod, a lot... I will be done adding and installing by April. here's my starting point. LE with blood armor, pingraffix blade skins, PDI glass, custom pingraffix apron wrap, plastic sling and inlane guide replacement (which I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes...) Cointaker backbox lighting deluxe. still need a ton of lights, flashers, colordmd, speakers, etc etc
btw I have the stock LE brownish rustish armor just sitting here. anyone want to buy it?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I don't see that apron wrap on pingraffix web site can you link me to it?

#1472 8 years ago

I just got my LE unboxed and mods installed, also loaded up the milhouse sound package. This game is knocking my socks off! I'm gunna play it for a bit and then try Cleland and SKB's sound package. What an awesome game!!! (my wife and daughter are loving it too)

#1512 8 years ago

Wasn't sure what expect for drains out of the pops when I unboxed my LE this weekend, but I have been pleasantly surprised that I am getting at most 1 in 14 balls goes STDM out of the pops (no modifications to the game). I have the game perfectly leveled and at roughly 6.8 deg pitch. The left outlane is a bit brutal I guess I need to work on my nudging skills (I have a set of yoyo lane extenders on the way just in case)

#1523 8 years ago

I am really liking this BG ramp Cliffy protector.

#1532 8 years ago

Ok gang the only issue I have with my just inboxed LE is that sometimes the woodberry drop target falls without being hit and when this happens it doesn't fall all the way so it won't reset. I read somewhere that the not falling all the way part is caused by the sticker on the drop target catching the mech on the way down but didn't see anything on the target falling without being hit (could be shaker motor induced)

#1538 8 years ago

I just received my BG lighting mod from Gnassel. I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say this thing looks well engineered! any tips or tricks on installation?

#1567 8 years ago

Ok I need to pay Gnassel for his awesome BG lighting mod he said to send him 60€ Via PayPal how much USD is that?

#1569 8 years ago

Thanks Frank
Payment coming (the BG mod worked great, I love it!)

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

My salary is the positive feedback. Payment is only "nice to have"

Well I am extremely impressed with the quality and performance of your BG ramp lighting mod, TWD should of come from the factory with your mod on it IMHO.

#1584 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

My suggestion - try removing the sticker and see if all your problems go away.

I cut a small notch in the bottom of the sticker on the Woodberry drop and it fixed the problem, thanks for the suggestion!

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I just realized, neither of my magnets are working. Didn't have time to check connections. I never disabled them in settings. if it turns out they are fully connected when I check later, could it be a fuse(s)?

I believe it is fuse F7 4 amp slow blow that is blown. This issue was supposed to be corrected with the new code but seems to still be an issue. I believe it is caused by an over use of both magnets during multiball.

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Don't forget to switch the plastics behind the well walker

Can you explain this?

#1629 8 years ago

The lit tower is a must have! Also I really like the lit ramp mod from Mezel it's cheap and the blue lit ramps give a nice offset to all the red in the game, also I really like the shaker implementation on TWD.

#1673 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Where did you buy it? I can't seem to find on Cliffy's site and have bought direct from him before?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/twd.htm

Quoted from bigd1979:

I have the cliffy on mine and took the foam off and it sits nice and flat now. I also added a rubber ring to right side of pivot point under clip to stabilize and center it better. Its pretty smooth now and may get one reject in 25 shots .20160203_201509.jpg

Curious will the BG ramp dimple the cliffy without a little piece of foam on it?

#1724 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just switched my code from cleland back to millhouse and first game got 482 mil...had over 300 mil on the first ball, with extra balls for scoring and woodbury shot. Reached horde again, got 72 mil off that mode. 60 walkers killed overall. After horde, couldn't figure out what to do as everything seemed to start over, need to read the rules.
For extra ball settings, standard adjustment 1 set to fixed, replay setting set to extra ball, replays levels are number of extra balls you want, then set the levels for each extra ball.
20160214_131131_(resized).jpg

I havnt tried Clelands sound package yet I am running Milhouse, what do you prefer Cleland or Milhouse?

#1750 8 years ago

Is there a written rule sheet for TWD Prem/LE?

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Right here, my friend!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit
Its a community document, so feel free to add if you discover anything new, or you find a mistake.

Huge thanks for this! I just read thru 10 pages of rules and now I feel like I have a way better handle of what going on!

1 week later
#1940 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Looking at ordering the Crossbow with laser site as well as the BG light mode from Gnassel soon.
Anyone be able to comment on the crossbow with laser mod? Any inputs/thoughts/reviews?

I just added Yoyo's Laser crossbow mod to my LE, it really does help aim the crossbow and it looks great!

#1972 8 years ago

The only intermittent drain issue I have with my LE is the occasional SDTM drain from the prison magnet. I can usually avoid it by double pulsing the flippers but im curious if re-indexing the magnet is worth doing?

#2015 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I took the pads off and it got worse, plus it was digging into the Mylar so put them back on. Cliffy on the way.

So you are saying just go with the cliffy with no foam pad? is the best air ball prevention? How quickly does the Cliffy get dented with out the foam pad, Can you snap a pic of it?

#2043 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Good eye bigd1979, you're absolutely right, his just needs to be reversed

X2 good eye bigd! I bet this is the problem.

#2052 8 years ago

Does it matter which side you put the rubber Spacer on the BG Ramp? I put a spacer to take up the slop in the ramp on the left side and this seems to have pushed the ramp all the way over to the right. It seems like my air balls are almost worse now. The air balls happen on a hard shot when the ball makes the transition from the playfield to the ramp.

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. I best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

Thank you for this fix!
So simple! I took approx 1/8 inch off the hex spacer on the right side and my BG ramp now lines up perfectly and its smooth as butter!

#2099 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Should my BG Ramp of the clear cover over the entrance to the ramp? Mine looks like this, like there is something missing, compared to the other images I've seen on here.

IMG_6502[1]_(resized).JPG

The cover/air ball deflector is missing, here is a pic of mine.

#2106 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Looking for some guidance. My buddy is also going to paint my prison tower. What's the easiest way to take this off guys? I've got the nut off, so all it's hanging by is the wire. I was just going to take off connectors underneath playfield, but then came across these connectors that I have no idea what to do with. Help!

Those are scotch locks you can buy them at any car parts/electronics store, you will need cut the leads on either side of the scotch lock (take note of how the wires were connected) remove the tower and then use new scotch lock to reconnect (or solder connections if possible). The scotch locks are pretty self explanatory on how to use.

#2155 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

^_^ here it is. it might be done...maybe...
here are some pics and list. Vids later which do it more justice since I added extra custom lighting.
-pingraffix apron wrap crossbow
-pingraffix blood splatter decals
-pingraffix C block decal
-pingraffix bladeskins mirror+decal
-pingraffix well Walker pants decal
-laseriffic slings and inlanes
-laseriffic dripping blood flipper toppers
-Woodbury sign with custom backlit UV purple
-Woodbury purple flasher and undercab lavender/white flash
-big tony express mart hell sign
-Mezel barn with custom red flasher added inside it & custom yellow undercab added
-red blood bath light
-bloodbath behind drops custom backlight
-Woodbury pink light
-modfather painted well walker
-pinball refinery green well Walker flasher
-mezelmods red well Walker flap
-laseriffic survivors inside
-hitchhiker sign
-train tracks
-modfather painted fish heads
-custom EL backlit fish tank
-standard undercab RGB
-custom RGB Backwall flashers
-hooked pop caps
-flipper fidelity
-PDI glass
-pinnovators headphone jack
-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-color changing coin insert slots
-RGB speaker lights tied to undercab and custom backwall
-Cointaker deluxe backbox slow fade color changer (incredible with LE backglass)
-speaker acrylic inserts
-a few tasteful McFarlane miniatures
-Mezel blue behind ramp GI
-Mezel prison roof door
-colordmd game interactive tied to flashers, speakers, undercab
-stern blood armor (stunning on LE, should have shipped with it)
-Cointaker shaker
-no sanctuary sign (raised high for visibility)
-green well Walker insert
-gnassel bicycle girl mod
-PDI glass
incomplete: can't find a tower yet. still going to do something behind bicycle girl head so you don't see the pinball mechanics behind her. I would swap out the flippers for black or red but I had a horrible experience with my IMVE regarding swapping flippers (poor manufacturing/fit) which scarred me for life.
Plays even better than it looks : )
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

What is holding your custom apron on? I noticed the 2 nuts that are normally under the cards are not there? Also on installing the walker pants does the rubber plug that sits about where the walkers belt buckle need to be used?

#2158 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Nothing- there's literally nothing holding the apron on. It just sits there.
Yeah the rubber plug is maintained. Joe/Jose at pingraffix designed the decal to be placed around it.

I went ahead and bolted my translucent red apron down, also put flasher effects under it

#2163 8 years ago

I put the yoyo crossbow mod on my LE and now sometimes when the ball loads into the crossbow the cannon motor doesn't start and the game eventually goes into ball search and occasionally weakly fires the ball while the crossbow is in the parked position. If I hit the left flipper button the crossbow will activate and auto launch the ball.

1 week later
#2181 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Did you get this fixed? What you describe is what would happen if the cross bow ball in crossbow switch is not being activated.

I reseated all the connectors to the crossbow and now it seems to have mostly fixed the problem (maybe 1 out of 10 balls doesn't actuate when it drops into the crossbow) Not sure exactly what the deal was, but if the crossbow wouldn't actuate I could hit the left flipper and it would actuate the crossbow and auto fire the ball.

To YOYO I do not think your mod caused the issue, from my experience with the crossbow it is a touchy mechanism and it seems like the switches are easy to get out of adjustment. After installing the laser crossbow mod I had to adjust the cannon home switch as the cannon was cycling and stopping aimed almost dead center up the playfield thinking that was home position. It seemed strange to me as I didn't even touch to home switch but ended up needing to adjust it to get the cannon to recognize the home position.

#2216 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Set to factory defaults except "special" is set to extra ball and "boost" is off.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

What is "boost"? Any other tips from people on game settings?

#2246 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

So cool to see all these new peeps loving this pin

This game really kicks ass! If you havnt reviewed your rating on it since the recent code updates.....

#2251 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

It's an awesome mod! Easy to install too.

#2281 8 years ago

Wow finally made it to Horde.. What a fantastic mode!! The intro with the music and the shaker implementation is bad ass, I felt like I was fighting for my life!

#2325 8 years ago

Does rotating the prison magnet 1/4 turn change the direction of the ball when it leaves the magnet?

#2379 8 years ago

Back to the BG ramp and air balls......
So, mine does not line up here.
2 different types of screws as seen.
Now, how to remove and then add washer and get screws back in and the whole area is boxed in?
I do not want to attempt this until I am sure others have done it and it works and easy to get screws back in!
Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPG

Don't mess with inserting a washer, remove the hex post on the right side of the BG ramp and shorten it as necessary (approx 1/8 inch/measure it) reinstall and problem solved.

1 week later
#2515 8 years ago

Not sure what you mean here? How do you stop it on weapons or medical?

Hit the the drop target when the insert is lit and it will stay lit.

2 years later
#6571 5 years ago

Thought on color DMD for this game? is it a no brainer?

#6576 5 years ago

I usually prefer Dot XL setting on color DMD. I prefer dots to the “smoothing”

3 months later
#6958 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what retracts the plunger in the crossbow on the premium/LE? It seems like sometimes my plunger hangs up and when the ball gets diverted into the crossbow, the ball doesn’t drop all the way in because the plunger isn’t all the way retracted. When I manually push the plunger back and forth there doesn’t appear to be a spring or anything that retracts it.

#6964 5 years ago

Thanks guys, very helpful info!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.