IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3541 7 years ago

NIB on order. I never thought i'd own a walking dead, but i think the ruleset finally sold me on it.

#3543 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

its a great game, congrats you'll definitely enjoy it.

thanks, it is going out on location for people to enjoy as soon as i get it. spread the pinball love!

2 weeks later
#3645 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Completely agree and it is the most played game I have..

i'm looking foward to taking her for a test spin tonight after i bulletproof the pf with mylar. time to kill some NIB zombies on halloween!
rick emoji

#3660 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I also have a ghostbusters premium, and I still play TWD may more than GB!!!

well, who wouldn't want to play a machine with hardly zero airballs vs GB the clunk festival?

1 month later
#3851 7 years ago

I'm interested in some opinions on game strategy on the pro for high scores. i've watched the tutorials and numerous players on twitch as well. I have never scored higher than 370 million on location or on my machine. I've scored over 100+ million on certain modes like tunnel and riot, i've gotten hoard maybe 10 times, and i stack blood bath with prison or well walker. How do you blow this game up? i can't for the life of me figure it out. i understand the 2x playfield via riot is a big key. i've tried shooting out all modes as many times as possible, i try to hit all the yellow inserts when lit, i'll try to go for only drop targets, i'll try to go for prison all day, i'll try for well all day. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks

#3860 7 years ago

No, when you made the weapons drop.. the yellow light above the right ramp will be lit... if you have double playfield and an inlane multiplier ready (for example 4x). Then shoot the right ramp, cash in your inlane multiplier and shoot a crossbow shot.

4x and double playfield = 8x so when making a succesfull crossbow shot: 5M can be worth 40M due to the 8xmultiplier.
If you combine this with for example a running barn mode and you shoot the barn shot this way... you have

5M (crossbow) + 4M (barn) + walker kill/multikill/... = 10M x 8 = 80M in one shot

To pull these things off isn't always easy but this is how you try to play the game continuesley. Multiplay on modeshots, higher multikill values, well walker jackpots, etc...

I have shot 100M riot shots this way too (my riot champ is f.e. now 500M+)

ps: to build your inlane multiplier, shoot lit crosshairs, every 2 shot advances the multiplier by one.

Thanks a ton David! i have been negleting the crossbow shot/ramp when lit. that would explain why i never put up those playfield multipliers!

1 month later
#4098 7 years ago

the color DMDs are shipping out this friday hopefully! neeto

#4106 7 years ago

i guess i have a quick question. Would you need a piggy back connector for the 5 or 12v power supply for the color DMD if you already use that for either a shaker motor, led backboard power supply, or led under cab mods? i forget where i've hooked them all up at this point on my machine..lol

1 week later
#4134 7 years ago

Color DMD on high res setting is probably the best mod TWD can have. save your money for all of those mod signs and whatnot and get the LCD!!!

i don't think i can play TWD on location without the LCD now.

4 weeks later
#4312 7 years ago

i was interested in what scores people are posting up for Horde mode on the pro model? best i've ever done is 140 million. It seems most of the big points on the pro are scored with a multiball stacked with a mode, 2x scoring with an X shot.

2 weeks later
#4431 7 years ago

i know there are lots of tutorials, but does anybody know if/what the name of the wizard mode is if you have all the modes lit solid on the pf? barn, cdc, arena, tunnel, and arena? thanks

#4433 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Terminus. After you have played all them you have to complete two drop banks then hit any major shot to start it.

awesome, thanks chuck! i was wondering how i started whatever mode (terminus) it was after i complete those.

2 months later
#4634 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone know how many and of what type of GI I need if I wanted to switch to red?
I think I might like the red better from looking at the videos.

44 bulbs. i forget the # required, i'd recommend warm white frost for the GI. love it in mine, another guy posted pics of his somewhere in here for reference.

3 weeks later
#4744 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anything else I should pick up? It is mostly stock.

mylar. I made a large template covering my entire prison magnet area (up to the doors/stand up targets, and down to the 'prison' letters.) I had a distributor tell me he had his like this, after i had covered only the area around the the magnet itself. Also, a small piece to cover the shooter lane ball feed area. Other than that, it starts to get expensive for other 'needs'.

2 weeks later
#4838 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

$400 is a lot for a mod, essentially...but it looks so good!

it's probably the best mod ever for any machine imo. every TWD deserves a LCD display!

#4881 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looks they are gone from pretty much everywhere

meh, save your money and get the color LCD dmd if you don't already have one.

3 weeks later
#5040 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

1) Going to buy color dmd. LED or LCD for this game

i have the LCD and it is magnificent!

Quoted from delt31:

2) LED upgrades - what do you guys suggest replacing and with what?

I replaced the entire GI with warm white cointakers. it has a great eerie zombie warm look and the art really pops.

#5054 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Add a washer where?

he's probably talking about a fix/adjustment for the prison zombie head switch, not the optos in front of the zombie. some people put a washer/dime on the switch i guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=Ballsofsteel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.