IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ATLpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1439 8 years ago

I'm in. I mod, a lot... I will be done adding and installing by April. here's my starting point. LE with blood armor, pingraffix blade skins, PDI glass, custom pingraffix apron wrap, plastic sling and inlane guide replacement (which I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes...) Cointaker backbox lighting deluxe. still need a ton of lights, flashers, colordmd, speakers, etc etc
btw I have the stock LE brownish rustish armor just sitting here. anyone want to buy it?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1451 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don't see that apron wrap on pingraffix web site can you link me to it?

I had to ask nicely. they designed it for the pro.

#1452 8 years ago

armor is no longer available.

kpg, is the sigma cable tie-in to colorDMD as easy as I want it to be? plug and play right?

#1464 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, the sigma cable is awesome. Got it with my LED speaker kit from http://www.speakerlightkits.com and hooks into their LED light kit. If you want it interactive, then you need both the under cabinet and speaker interactive lighting kit from Rock Custom Pinball. Problem is the harness he sent me didn't last long and the connectors fried today so its not working right. The guy that runs the site (Chris) will hopefully send me a replacement, but it doesn't seem to be very willing to do so yet which is a bit disappointing- hoping he makes it right because it wasn't cheap for the setup.

You can definitely swap the display to other Stern (and maybe WPC games too) and just download the ROM into it, if one is available for that game. Metallica has a custom colored ROM available, TWD does not and may not for a long time (Randy at ColorDMD stated no one is currently working on the game, sucks!). The good thing is ColorDMD running in HiRes mode looks WAY better than dots on TWD even without a custom colored ROM so its still worth it to me. Installation is super easy too, but make sure you get the clear display shield and standoff kit ($25 on ColorDMD.com) as you need that to mount in newer Stern cabinets for MET and TWD.

thanks dude I've done business with Chris and Doug before - didn't realize Chris does the sigma tie-in. can't wait to get all of it in the coming weeks!

#1510 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive only been there once lol and drained right away . Im not sure how you all are getting to all these modes . Id like some of you to come try it on my pin lol. Freaking ove 800 games and still is frustrating to no end.

don't get too caught up on scores you see on pinside. everyone is a different skill level, with possibly different settings, tilts, and perhaps most importantly different machines. subtle manufacturing, environment etc etc differences go a longggg way in changing difficulty of Sterns. the single most important thing and probably the ONLY thing is that you have fun in your 800+ games

#1520 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok so I have had the game for 3 weeks or so now. I have blown 2 F7 fuses (the ones for all magnets) and have used both replacements in the goodie bag. I thought the first one could be a fluke, now after the second one I am wondering if anyone else had this issue.
ALSO.. the 2X scoring light seems to flicker on and off at random times when 2X scoring isn't even running.. any ideas?

regarding flickering- make sure all your pf underside board connectors are very snug. sorry no ideas on the fuse. fingers crossed I don't run into the same but I'll be watching closely.

#1522 8 years ago

as I wait for my pop bumper parts to arrive and for better brighter WILL YOU SURVIVE decals, I couldn't resist but to make my own extra white light mod addition to blood bath. this is tied into bloodbath. can't wait to play test! it will make the target bank pulse as the blood bath insert pulses!

#1530 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

When you say it is "tied" into BB, is it an insert light or flaher? If it is an insert, would you mind showing how you connected it to the insert light? Thanks!

insert. I am thinking of changing both the insert and my add-on to red or purple. not sure I'm thrilled with this white for bb insert itself.

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

in a small collection (and in a big one...) MET is the first game I'd get. MET is indeed a LOT more accessible for guests to boot. but I love met so much it's hard to pay attn to me ha...

TWD is awesome- esp prem/LE. it's a great 3rd+ pin. not a good 1st or 2nd pin imo. for what it's worth, TWD prem/LE has more moving parts and potential issues as well.

#1573 8 years ago

I'm gonna experiment with some custom Lermods flasher strips today.

#1577 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wanted to make and install the prison tower in my premium so I ordered this:
ebay.com link
Well, it turns out that it's way too big, no way it would fit. Not sure what others are using, but it isn't that one.
Rather than return it, decided to order the fence and turn both of them into a topper.
ebay.com link
I didn't buy those specific ones and got both for about $50 shipped.
Below are pics of the results along with a video that shows the tower flashers in action.
» YouTube video
I put a red and white flasher in the tower and tied them to the red and white flashers inside the barn. The lights on the fence, street light and inside the lower guard house just behind the left fence are just tied into a GI. I thought it came out pretty good for $50 and a few hours of work (my kids built the tower and fence since it's made out of legos). If I was better at using EL wire, I would have used it for barbed wire all along the fence, but the wires are too small for my eyes and hands to deal with. If someone has an EL wire mod that mimics barbed wire and will fit this use, I'll take it.
If anyone wants help making this, let me know, happy to provide more detail. It did require soldering to the flasher in the barn and soldering in spotlights and other connections, but was pretty easy overall.

TWD_Topper_2_(resized).JPGTWD_Topper_(resized).JPG

awesome- it never dawned on me to use that as a topper. was always imagining how to get it under the glass. if I do a topper it'll absolutely be borrowing this idea. Flashers for president!

#1588 8 years ago

I just realized, neither of my magnets are working. Didn't have time to check connections. I never disabled them in settings. if it turns out they are fully connected when I check later, could it be a fuse(s)?

#1594 8 years ago

thanks magnet fuse helpers- that was quick! I should have a 4a slow rdy to be placed when I get home later.

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

just think of the colors when the ROM drops from ColorDMD.

is someone confirmed to be working on it?

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not that I have knowledge of but hey I would volunteer my time to doing it if he would let me. However it would be a matter of time before they do anyway, I mean come on they did Popeye

unfortunately Stars have to align for games to get colorized. there is no "they". it takes a specific scenario of the right ppl having access to the game and having the skillset. I'll get the colordmd and sigma harness in the meantime.

#1608 8 years ago

anyone out there, I'll donate to you (more than a little, and less than a lot) for doing the colorDmd...

#1609 8 years ago

Stern gives you backup 3A 250V slow blow fuses. I have a ton of 3A 250v slow blow fuses in my inventory.

I don't have a single 4A 250V slow blow fuses sitting around to fix magnets F7 fuse.

Can I use a 3A for now while I wait for 4A to be shipped?

#1616 8 years ago

modfather makes his mark. game is way ahead of schedule

#1630 8 years ago

hey dude looking for mod opinions- here's my say: if you're looking to spend $200-300 (did I read that right?) then the best bang for your buck is Lermods undercab flasher + a Cointaker shaker motor... then take the remaining $ and take your wife/husband/family out to dinner. I'd avoid the prison wire, any signs, speakers, on that budget. get something you can interact with and feel.

for what it's worth-
I'll soon enough have a vid up of my 100% modified LE including some custom stuff I came up with.

#1636 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can't find the tower for sale anywhere, who has it?

mezelmods. email Kristin or support @ mezelmods and ask to be contacted when they make more.

#1637 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Woohoo!! The shipping company called and said they'd be delivering between 11 and 1 tomorrow. Yea right....I went and got it...just waiting for the wax to dry and I'll be a playin.

20160211_174816_(resized).jpg

did the exact same thing in Oct for my IMVE.. yeah- like it's even possible to wait another day when it's in your hood finally! welcome aboard. prepare to be frustrated and delighted!

#1658 8 years ago

here's my custom add in to the Mezel mods barn. It's tied to the spinner circle flasher. the Mezel mod barn itself glows dark orange with GI. now mine lights up ferociously with red when you rip a barn spinner shot

#1660 8 years ago

and on to less fun things- my crossbow is decent but not perfect. had to bend the prongs, no problem. now my remaining problem is that the white plunger piece stays out and provides too much resistance so that when the ball lands to be loaded it doesn't push the white plunger all the way back into the coil without me shaking. thoughts? I searched forum and could only find prong adjustments

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Have the same barn mod....can you show us how you added the lighting and wiring to the spinner

I'll document/vid all my custom stuff when the game is 100% done. I have OCD.

Just shipped some stuff to modfather to get it painted : )

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't know if they intended for this game to be this tough.

They (Borg & Sheats Jr) did intend it for it to be tough. It's one of the reasons it's so good. You're trying to survive a zombie (walker) apocalypse after all.

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

See, that is huge at least to me. I have had many, many, many premature games drain with 1 hit left on WW or Prison MB, and that can be a massive factor in having a huge game.

Don't get me wrong; I am not looking for a game that should be a wizard mode every time I play, but dang, this game takes it to new levels. Getting a replay at 15 million = not a huge feat. Getting a replay at 100 million = commendable.
As far as no drains from pop or prison issues = must be nice. On mine, I get a SDTM shot from prison startup about 1 every 10 games, and the pop bumper drains don't happen as often because I purposelly nudge TF out of the game if I even think the ball has a hair's thickness chance of draining out of the pops.
I know the rules pretty well, but sometimes I struggle to implement them. More practice for me - especially shooting the Riot shot. That and the Tunnel just feel like death to me. Lke the Tunnel - getting it past the pop bumpers is tough. The shot itself is not so bad, it is getting the ball past the dang pop bumpers that is a bit trickier for me.
Real quick: how do you set up the EB at those scoring intervals?? That would definitely help me out. I think I'll put my outlane posts back at factory settings. Maybe I have been a bit premature with my actions.

"I know the rules pretty well"

then maybe you can answer this: what on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

#1705 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

"I know the rules pretty well"
then maybe you can answer this: what on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

also I don't see how one could track which shots they've made and which are left for the Multikills either. I often get 4 or 5 of the six and have a ball or two left - then I have no idea what to shoot for.

also speaking of how difficult it is. I've been to horde 5 times on factory settings in my two weeks but have never done a damn thing once starting the mode : )

I had my fluke game which was 868 and I keep thinking of pros and iceman who score in the billions and it's hard to comprehend since the balls can go away so quickly even as the result successful shots

#1734 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How about some video? There are plenty of folks playing plenty of TWD and there may be something about how your game is set up or how you are approaching it that may be fixed with some quick tips from people not experiencing the same issues. It's easy to just say "play better", but I'm sure people would chime in with genuine help if it's required.
I'm just not having any of the issues that some seem to be. Sure it's a hard game but it's not frustrating me. I'm not that great a player but would love to try help you guys have more fun with the machine. It could be Stern's best and it's a shame that some players are getting frustrated out of enjoying the best it has to offer.

1) yes proper nudging and pulsing can help mitigate a lot of STDMs

2)
kpg (nice initials...) and others have you set it up with a steep pitch and left lean? 6.6 to 6.8 and maybe .1 to .2 fade to the left.

fwiw my issue with the game is how insanely fast the slings are and how they're angled. sometimes it end up in the slings BANG BANG BANG BACK AND FORTH after made shots and goes back and forth so quickly and then teleports into an outlane. nobody is nudging that back into control.

#1741 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree with this also. But I'd like to say that unless Mb is starting, I can save that potential drain 100% of the time. It's quite easy to learn to prevent it.

same here- even on a sensitive tilt. You can't be a spectator on this game.

#1751 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've loved this pin from day one. Well over a year now. Playing through the evolution of code was fun too.
It's so immersive. The play is like the show, a constant battle to survive. The game should be brutal but not miserable.
It took me a long long time before I got it dialed in and my shot making fairly consistent.
It's one of those pins that makes you just want to beat it!
I focus on opening Prison and working on the targets right away. Even though WW is secondary, you can use him to buy some time with a multi ball and get more drops safely to get towards BB.
I like to stack Barn or Arena with Prison and BB.
Don't forget about that Tower EB, hitting the stab posts to light, especially the right one isn't easy but you have to remember to do it.
If you miss the arena shot you have to time a cabinet slap just right and you won't drain
The more you play you'll get better angle hits on prison head so you don't drain as much.
There are so many little nuances that help you survive. Like it should be. Fun learning those the more you play!
Don't worry, play it enough and one of these days it will all come together and result in your greatest game ever!

I dunno iceman I think your accuracy is several degrees higher than most of us considering you said your average is 200-300M and you've scored 4B

#1753 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've loved this pin from day one. Well over a year now. Playing through the evolution of code was fun too.
It's so immersive. The play is like the show, a constant battle to survive. The game should be brutal but not miserable.
It took me a long long time before I got it dialed in and my shot making fairly consistent.
It's one of those pins that makes you just want to beat it!
I focus on opening Prison and working on the targets right away. Even though WW is secondary, you can use him to buy some time with a multi ball and get more drops safely to get towards BB.
I like to stack Barn or Arena with Prison and BB.
Don't forget about that Tower EB, hitting the stab posts to light, especially the right one isn't easy but you have to remember to do it.
If you miss the arena shot you have to time a cabinet slap just right and you won't drain
The more you play you'll get better angle hits on prison head so you don't drain as much.
There are so many little nuances that help you survive. Like it should be. Fun learning those the more you play!
Don't worry, play it enough and one of these days it will all come together and result in your greatest game ever!

I dunno iceman I think your accuracy is several degrees higher than most of us considering you said your average is 200-300M and you've scored 4B

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why no tilt bob? Because the game requires nudging so much that it would tilt out right away. It's hard as it is, it's probably the only pin that requires me to do so. I'm constantly trying to toss the machine all over the place to save the ball- and nudging rarely helps. SDTM's still happen because they are so fast- no chance to save them in many cases.
Nudging only seems to work for me on failed Arena ramp shots, pops/tunnel exits, and also exits from the Riot entrance. I don't see how nudging stops SDTM's on this game whatsoever.

hey kpg- (again..GREAT initials..) I'm tempted to have wife take vid of me playing so you can see an example of nudging (sometimes) effectively. Sometimes a slap- sometimes a double slap, often for the prison a firm push slap. anticipation and failing to spectate are key

#1783 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thank you sir, I officially vote we have the best initials on Pinside! haha
I would love to see a video of how you use these methods on this game. Anything to help that would be cool. I don't know how I could explain to my wife how you have to beat the game up to play (she talks crap about me nudging any pinball, saying it never helps so what is the point) but if I can get it to work and make a difference I am up for it!

I exaggerate it a bit here (but just a little) so you get the point. Therefore one of two warnings aren't necessary. my tilt is fairly sensitive and my machine doesn't slide easily.

this is how you reduce chances of SDTM from prison door open magnet. L R slaps, flipper Zaniness (some call it pulsing) then pick a side to push slap if need be.

and pay no attention to my work in progress machine. : ( tick tock she'll be ready for prime time soon.

#1802 8 years ago

Also I can confirm the Premium fish tank translite creates more reflection than pro or LE- in my experience. I had PDI on a premium I was gonna buy (long story) and I couldn't get over how much glare and reflection pierced thru. put the same PDI glass on my LE and its much better.

(Nice game Lerman!)

I got my 6th Horde today-yet another complete dud. You want to see missed shots- watch me play horde! you know what they say- 10th horde's a charm

#1812 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Has anybody seen the Refinery Bicycle Girl light mod in green? I keep seeing the red & purple one, but I'm thinking green would look good on my incoming Premium. Green LEDs under & behind and a white LED on the face.

had green on the prem I was gonna buy. looks great! not that red or purple look bad though. can't go wrong with any of the options for lighting that sick lady up

#1844 8 years ago

thanks for sharing cooked71. i hope I never need to do it but glad you've done this work and shared!

rules question probably for iceman or davepinballwiz

Scenario:

Ball 1 -
Five multi kills then drain

Ball 2 -
can I earn the sixth multi kill for something I already accomplished. let's say for 2nd bicycle girl ?

#1851 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@RandomKG:
A second bicycle girl will not give you a multikill, unless you did not earn it the first time.
If you play for example terminus (6th mode) and then play the modes all over again, I think you can earn them back for the modes.
Just heard the greatest quote today (factory software):
"they're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out, ..."

thanks- I feel I need to try to pay better attention to which Multi Kills I'm achieving then- so I know what's left.

#1852 8 years ago

@RandomKG:
A second bicycle girl will not give you a multikill, unless you did not earn it the first time.
If you play for example terminus (6th mode) and then play the modes all over again, I think you can earn them back for the modes.
Just heard the greatest quote today (factory software):
"they're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out, ..."

thanks- I feel I need to try to pay better attention to which Multi Kills I'm achieving then- so I know what's left.

#1860 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So, I found the ball trap..

image_(resized).jpeg

^_^

my walker is out getting painted by modfather. I've been playing with an empty well for a week. The ball has only bounced into the empty well twice strangely enough. once during a multiball and I just kept pounding and hit it back out- and once during single ball play. it's a funny *whomp whomp* way to end a ball haha.

#1891 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If there is a must-have mod for my Premium, that no way I could live without- would be the Gnassel BG light, period. If I could have one single mod only, it would be that.

Firm agreement. Fixes a ridiculous design flaw (embarrassing really..) on Stern's part.

#1894 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Which side blades look the best on TWD? Pinblades version, Pinblades prison version, Pinblades mirrored prison version, Stern version, or just plain mirrors? I haven't seen enough to judge myself. I'm looking at what I should outfit mine with.
Thanks

pinblades mirrored prison.

a few others will surely chime in regarding the pinball refinery EL fence which is also great.

#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What is a good price for an LE right now ? Looking to add twd back. One of the few pins I miss even though theme not for me.

I paid 7 without hesitation

#1935 8 years ago

misses? It's hard enough to regain control even on makes!

Barn ends in pops which can require a warning to save.
same for Riot, Woodbury. (and let's not even mention trying to purposely hit the prison stand ups to get tower ready)

well Walker magnet and prison magnet success can result in warnings or drains.

successful drop target shots are a dice roll.

bicycle girl can be a dice roll.

tunnel success means you hit it hard and clean, which means it's coming around the left loop incredibly fast and hard to control.

the only truly predictable shots are left ramp and right ramp.

it's the hardest modern game in my opinion. sure scores can elevate but that is the rules and X multiplier.

#1947 8 years ago

"I will admit the BG ramp does have a tendency to shift a bit from side to side, and one airball was so powerful it left the BG "

.25c small rubber ring added to the easily accessible right hinge. remove the clip and replace with rubber. Shifting reduced by 80-90%. solved. this was covered in some dudes awesome misc adjustment write up 1-2 yrs ago

so was the Prem/LE vs pro but stuff gets buried under hundreds and thousands of posts- so I understand. No offense to pro owners but it's simply not the same game, simple as that.

#2019 8 years ago

sorry if I missed it- lot to read I feel your pain dude. DI'd you or did you not add the small rubber ring to either side of the axle?

#2069 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I just put a sheet of Invisiglass on my TWD... holy crap .. it makes a HUGE difference with this game. It is so dark and glare is so obvious (I even have bent plastic shielding the topper glare, and also covered most of the bulb in the head to dim the backglass) that this makes a big difference. You can see the prison, Riot, etc so well now- its like playing with the glass off. Probably the best mod I have done to the game thus far.

I tell people: "PDI glass, for people that actually want to see the multi thousand dollar toy they're playing"

#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

5Reg-ww-Head.jpg

Gorgeous. gifted artist indeed. pics of mine to join the fray soon.

#2095 8 years ago

there's a switch under him that's too sensitive. you need to bend the metal tab back a little. as of now the weight of the well Walker is weighing down intermittently on the "button" of the switch.

be slow patient and careful not to bend too much because you do want it to be sensitive when you're done.

pinball life has a leaf switch adjuster special tool which you may want that is specifically for bending the ultra thin metal tabs on pinball machine switches

#2110 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I got myself into a lot of trouble with those when I connected mine up (btw its no longer connected). It ended up blowing 5 fuses (F10) and driver 25 twice before I threw in the towel to catch my nerve. I'm not a fan of them and would rather just solder, which is what I should have did to begin with. Just a warning, though this is only from my personal experience, as I seem to be alone on this issue. Just be careful since the wires are now compromised since these little buggers splice into them and could cause a short.

No you're not alone. I avoid them too...but then again I solder on almost a daily basis.

#2135 8 years ago

yeah I'm gonna go glass off and test this crossbow stuff tonight.

yes I've hit the riot crossbow shot a handful of times but the risk reward is crazy bad and a foolish move with my poor accuracy... I settle for barn/bg

#2147 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Dude, that's the synthetic knocker. You "popped" it, as we say down here. Free game! One of the deepest ingrained parts of pinball culture. Real knockers are a plunger driven by a coil to slam into the cabinet and produce the sound effect naturally. Modern Sterns use a synthetic digital one through the speakers.

love it new guy. everyone has to start from somewhere! when I got my first machine in Apr '14 I hadn't touched a screwdriver in my life- now i make my own mods for myself and friends locally. have a cpl sets of tools and actually enjoy going to hardware stores!

that "replay" level can be adjusted in settings. knocker sound can be turned off (I do, annoys wife and dogs) as well in settings.

#2149 8 years ago

^_^ here it is. it might be done...maybe...

here are some pics and list. Vids later which do it more justice since I added extra custom lighting.

-pingraffix apron wrap crossbow
-pingraffix blood splatter decals
-pingraffix C block decal
-pingraffix bladeskins mirror+decal
-pingraffix well Walker pants decal
-laseriffic slings and inlanes
-laseriffic dripping blood flipper toppers
-Woodbury sign with custom backlit UV purple
-Woodbury purple flasher and undercab lavender/white flash
-big tony express mart hell sign
-Mezel barn with custom red flasher added inside it & custom yellow undercab added
-red blood bath light
-bloodbath behind drops custom backlight
-Woodbury pink light
-modfather painted well walker
-pinball refinery green well Walker flasher
-mezelmods red well Walker flap
-laseriffic survivors inside
-hitchhiker sign
-train tracks
-modfather painted fish heads
-custom EL backlit fish tank
-standard undercab RGB
-custom RGB Backwall flashers
-hooked pop caps
-flipper fidelity
-PDI glass
-pinnovators headphone jack
-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-color changing coin insert slots
-RGB speaker lights tied to undercab and custom backwall
-Cointaker deluxe backbox slow fade color changer (incredible with LE backglass)
-speaker acrylic inserts
-a few tasteful McFarlane miniatures
-Mezel blue behind ramp GI
-Mezel prison roof door
-colordmd game interactive tied to flashers, speakers, undercab
-stern blood armor (stunning on LE, should have shipped with it)
-Cointaker shaker
-no sanctuary sign (raised high for visibility)
-green well Walker insert
-gnassel bicycle girl mod
-PDI glass

incomplete: can't find a tower yet. still going to do something behind bicycle girl head so you don't see the pinball mechanics behind her. I would swap out the flippers for black or red but I had a horrible experience with my IMVE regarding swapping flippers (poor manufacturing/fit) which scarred me for life.

Plays even better than it looks : )

#2157 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is holding your custom apron on? I noticed the 2 nuts that are normally under the cards are not there? Also on installing the walker pants does the rubber plug that sits about where the walkers belt buckle need to be used?

Nothing- there's literally nothing holding the apron on. It just sits there.

Yeah the rubber plug is maintained. Joe/Jose at pingraffix designed the decal to be placed around it.

1 week later
#2215 8 years ago

from another sound thread- figured I'd repost in the club. I'm really happy with my sound because I hate Andrea, and love the few fixes I put in:

RandomKG said:
that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect

here's link to mine. it's Cleland, with the edits listed above as well one I forgot, I added the actual theme music to pre ball plunge and removed his groove bassy club mix thing. all the scores should be set to 10M or less as well.
If you like to experiment, this is worth your time, I did a great job on the Arena and Game Over music. Took several tries until I got it right in terms of start/stop and volume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMRzdlc3VDV3ViODg/view?usp=sharing

#2224 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So boost only changes the replay score? Or does it change in game other features? Is boost why my extra ball is now 10 kills when it used to be 6?

yes. no. yes.

3 weeks later
#2533 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you think Stern may release a Vault Edition of TWD, designed after the comic book, similar to their Spiderman?

nope

#2535 8 years ago

anyone ever have a prison opto problem. my "sender" doesn't seem to be sending. does its mini board look ok?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2540 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I preface this by saying I am a Novice repair/tinkerer when it comes to pinballs. I am desperately trying to hook up the pinball refinery LED gut walker light mod on my LE and have not been able to successfully complete the task. Steve has been very helpful and I do not know if I am articulating my problems correctly. The mod came with an attachment to the LED that has an 2 pin IDC plug that is to attach to the flasher connection for the factory gut light. The problem is that when I attach it the IDC connector to the flash light behind the fish tank and crossbow sign is left unconnected (I cant fond the test for that lamp in the service menu) When I do that the guts light up with the LED mod but it leaves the other mentioned flash lamp IDC connection unoccupied. I am at a loss and am respectfully asking the pinball community to chime in. Has anyone attached this mod, on an LE, without a glitch? I thank you for your time in advance

definitely confused by your write-up. Upload some pics?

#2579 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems 6.8-7 works best for twd bc its cuts out a lot of the cheap drains from the pops..

do whatever you feel is right for you. I like 6.6 - 6.7 as I don't like straying too far from 6.5. 7 seems a bit drastic- but I might have a diff opinion if I had more cheap drains out of the pops

#2613 8 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just talked to Stern technical support......very nice fellow by the way, and he said that the ball was getting stuck there and that was their fix to prevent that from happening. He said you can adjust the pop bumber so its more sensitive or maybe tighten the screw down a little more or even remove it and see if is a problem or not without the screw in there. Id say this is only a problem on my machine about 20% of the time but id rather it didn't happen at all.

I removed my screw.

your pitch, balance (leveling) of the game will also contribute to the ball getting stuck there. it's super easy to remove the screw- might as well try.

#2617 8 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Guys,
Just curious if anyone else has noticed GI's flickering ever so slightly? I have a Pro model and had some friends over the weekend and noticed while they were playing that the bulbs were flickering ever so slightly. Perhaps its normal? I have upgraded just about every bulb to Comet 2 smds... I could see it also in some inserts (I noticed it on the barn insert light). Perhaps thats just what they do? Never noticed until I sat back and watched people play.
Figured I would ask.... thanks.

if it's that big of a deal, you could install this Harold's products

www.ledocd.com

he has boards that "smooth" both inserts and GI.

experiment with diff bulbs and see if they all flicker. make sure all the connections are tight as well.

#2619 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think this works for any games that were designed with LEDs. LED OCD is used to make games that were stock incandescent behave the same way when you install LEDs. Could be wrong though.

it allows full control even over games that came with LED, granted the user has to hook cpu up to it and spend a few mins with the software

#2623 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

Can anyone help me understand the Woodbury shot? I see a list of points, and a diagram of the upper lanes. But I can never understand what to do. I just always get 50,000.
Thanks so much and sorry if this has been discussed . I didn't find it

when the ball enters the Woodbury shooter lane you'll note that the Game dims so you can focus on the 2 circular rollover near the pops and the 2 switch rollover lanes above the pops.

before you either pull shooter rod (or hit action optionally if you have premLE) - experiment with the flippers, L and R to toggle thru the desired reward and desires location out of the 4 switches I mentioned above. your goal is to plunge far enough to only hit your selected switch, doing so will win you the reward.

obviously it's going to be easiest to place your target switch as one of the top two rollovers and pick either 1M points (first time thru) or light/increase BIT. As you have a decent game and make a few of them successfully you will end up with better choices up there during Woodbury like "light X" or "light crossbow".

#2655 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

No not just your game. it is surely a bug.
Hoard insert works fine in attract but doesn't light at any time during gameplay, this on an LE. code version is 1.56 but the Cleland audio version. Any chance it works on stock but not on the custom versions?

No. The custom roms can not change game code and/or logic (such as "if this happens, turn this light on"). The custom roms can only change sounds and dmd screen visuals.

2 weeks later
#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Here's mine. I'll be posting one soon with my TWD custom topper which is almost finished.

heck yeah! hey if you're only gonna have two pins, that's a heck of a duo! Ritchie second best and a crazy good TWD prem, with hands on the trans!

1 week later
#2740 7 years ago

Get PDI if you actually want to see the action in the multi thousand dollar toy you're playing.

1 week later
#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Damn fucker has already posted that score. Ive studied that rule sheet pdf for about 30 minutes now. It seems so damn confusing. So much to remember. What each mode does. Then when to hit what certain ramp. Im struggling to find a strat that seems best to start out at. Like start a dead mode first then while thats going do you try to get multi ball or try to hit the ramps for the mode your in before the time runs out on the mode. Then in the intensity of the game. trying to remember all this stuff. Maybe i just need more play time. Currently i havent memorized what a single mode does.
Yesterday i played for a quick half hour. Got to BB for only my 3rd time. on my 2nd ball. Had a prison multi and a well multi before that. Kept the balls up for a decent amount of time. But 2nd ball ended and i check the score and only 67 mill. I was like WTF> I did all that and only 67 mill. Ended that whole whole game with a pathetic 78mill. Frustrating and fun all at the same time. Its going to take a hell of a game to beat his 700 and something mil. Ive had multiple 175mill games and only one 327mill game. Hes the same way. He has 1 200+ mill game then his 700 mill+ game. Lucky as hell.

first of all, 78 is not pathetic considering you are brand new.

second, it takes most humans a LOT of practice to get good at stuff and pinball is no different. For most of us that try to be semi-good, you wouldn't recognize our game play in year one vs year three. the things I can do now used to be downright mystifying to me, now they aren't that big a deal.

third, yes there's luck involved but not a ton, typically very small amount (depending on magnets, Gravity, etc)

fourth, TWD, due to its multipliers and stacking is prone to fluke games that are extraordinary. with factory settings and a fairly tight tilt I can get 80-120 all day, 300 probably one out of every five games, but I've only cracked 800 once, Horde probably one out of ten. That's pinball (for most casual players). if you keep playing and learn to stick with shots your good at the Law of averages is in your favor. I'm not as good at Arena as I should be so I avoid it typically when starting a mode.

lastly, regarding rules, start simple, know that the drops are debatably the most important part of the game. almost always you want to slow ball down onto right flipper then hit the drops until dead features are lit. now when dead features are lit, take a step back, trap the ball and look around, have you progressed toward WW? do you have the prison doors open? should you try to time a hit on the drops to work towards BB? it all depends on shots you've hit so far and varies- but keep it simple and go for the drops. never just flail without a purpose, that's how you increases probability of a low score.

#2792 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Factory settings, 3 ball and a fairly tight tilt. No "save" post. Stern just forgot to install the outlane posts on my game. After several requests they finally mailed a set to me and I finally got around to installing them.

No matter what, you are clearly a good player if youre scoring a billion. Makes me wonder what your scores were with no posts as I've always thought they make very little difference in this game (but have never removed to test theory).

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

doesn't beat my story , I was purchaser of a MET LE, and when I received it, it was missing the entire Sparky toy ! I couldn't believe it , what was bad was it was back ordered yet they were still manufacturing them and it took 6 weeks to get it , and it was very difficult to install

I've done a TON of mod/repair work on my games and others and I can say unequivocally that Sparky removal and reinstall was by far the hardest job I ever did. That's extremely bad luck my man!

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Definitly harder without the posts, but not as big a difference as I thought it would be. Highest score without posts was 970 million. Its all about stacking and knowing what shots to make and when to make them. Keeping prison and well walker multi balls one shot away from starting with walker bombs to use if you drain. Pro is much harder. High score on a pro is only about 396 million.

thanks for the feedback.

"Its all about stacking and knowing what shots to make and when to make them."

and, actually making them, which is my biggest issue :/ I've gotten quite good at ball/flipper control in my couple of years playing but my shot accuracy really hasn't improved much since day one. This is a frustrating game to practice accuracy on because even many of the successful shots you can be placed into significant danger (two magnets, drops on side of table, barn leads to pops, riot leads to pops, Woodbury leads to pops, etc.)

1 week later
#2871 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

question for premium owners that have also played the pro version... I have TWD:Premium, and I have a hard time following the ball on the playfield. I am guessing its all of the RED LED's vs. all white on the pro. is there some sort of setting or change I can make to the pin that will brighten the playfield up a bit? I find it especially challenging when its in DIM mode at points when you are shooting particular shots.
just wondering... thanks.

1) add GI to the room you're playing in
2) replace stock bulbs with comet opmax

1 week later
#2912 7 years ago

regarding magnet cores:
I believe the hex nut is a 3/4". And to turn the core itself you need a large, thick flathead. Yes make sure to pay attention to them over the mos and yrs. you don't want them going too far up or down above or below the playfield.

monitor your magnets (on TWD pro, sparky, whiplash, monger, etc)

#2925 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Greatest pin so far.
Bottom line

Great pin no doubt... but lets be honest- very highly flawed: too much right flipper....too many drains (and/or tilt warnings) on successful shots. Too many hardware tweaks potentially required. Outlane adjustments dont do much to make it more enjoyable for newbs and novices. Code not 100% finished. Horde light, woodbury multikill? Wizard too hard for non professional. Kills during horde should count?

It's tied #4 for me despite the flaws. Plusses that compensate: layout (double edged sword), intensity, multipliers, several multiballs, appearance, atmosphere, generally achievable mini wizard, both pro and full game are good in diff ways

3 weeks later
#3005 7 years ago

I made a Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead mix (all instrumental and looped appropriately) for this and I'm not afraid to say I knocked it out of the park. Was brainstorming it and planning it for mos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg

#3020 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks. I'm hoping Mezel Mods comes through with more prison tower mods soon!

I've been waiting 8 mos.

#3029 7 years ago

LMS strategy.
Get a multikill going and focus on making lit crosshair shots, if possible combined with the multikill insert (yellow). Then they count double.
You need quite some multiballs and then focus (more) on the walker kill shots than you normally do. Also get to 60 multikills for your second extra ball, and if possible focus on the lit towers (at the 10th you earn another extra ball).
I play mine on 3 balls, hard multikill settings and got to 114... (at 110 the wife walked in and asked me some questions.. i was like sstt ssttt don't don't.., but too late)

Easier said than done, it takes extraordinary accuracy, control and a bit of slingshot/magnet luck to have a truly great game. I believe last man standing will be a little more achievable after the next and potentially final update. Do kills during horde count ? is it possible to get more than just double kills? it should be imo. 115 is stiflingly high for the avg player.

look what Lyman just did with MET- made it just a tad easier to collect items and score points and crank it ups.

#3044 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Will they be making a color Dmd for this game? Will it look sweet?

yes and yes

#3056 7 years ago

Horde kills shouldn't count for LMS imho... would be too easy then. That's the cool thing about LMS, it's a hard wizard mode to achieve but certainly achievable if you focus on the crosshairs.
My game play without focus averages at around 45
My game play with focus averages at 90 walker kills
regards,
DAV (default walker kill champion)

you are an extreme outlier

#3061 7 years ago

I play my games on 3 balls, all factory and the hardest multikill settings (f.e. complete tunnel for multikill, complete bicycle girl for multikill, 5 barn shots for multikill, complete cdc for multikill, which is normally a lot less...). Extra balls enabled but not through a replay.
Left outlane post in the down position, right outlane post in the up position.
I do have an excellent feed from the pops and prison magnet (no stdm)

outlier, some ppl are just better than others and that's ok

#3064 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Took my membership up a notch yesterday. I thought this game was awesome in Pro form. The Premium, faaaaark!! My one capitulation to the ass whipping this thing hands me is that I carry over the lit dead features ball to ball. Sue me suckers!

I like that.

my experience and thoughts:
lately I've been considering tweaking all the settings, getting to last man, then slowly peeling back the settings, if at all. you don't have to use PAPA tournament settings to enjoy a toy you spent thousands of dollars on for your own home. settings exist for a reason. no shame in adjusting off of factory. I'm a decent player but my game can be particularly brutal out of pops, magnets, and slings. can be so brutal that I choose to play other games. usually I'm not allowed to miss more than once-twice per ball. I've only cleared 60 walkers, the approximate halfway point, maybe 4-5 times, average around 100-120M, 2-3 dead features per game, suck at maximizing my multiplier because ball always accidentally rolls over the inlane switch during MBs. never siege, never terminus.

#3069 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What feature adj # is that in the menu? The carry over dead features?

adjustments, game adjustments, #33

#3073 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe he meant eb not mb?

He did mean EB for tower extra ball. He has stated in past that he sets his tower shots required for EB to six instead of factory ten.

I believe the game is no less intense with friendlier settings, shots still must be made and ball ctrl still must be maintained.

#3079 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I gotta get used to using the Walker Bombs now. All that training on the Pro has at least been good for making me not rely on them. I just put up my best score to date and hit Horde, and realised after that I hadn't used a single bomb.
Are they a "use it or lose it" type thing, or if I don't use any for the first 90% of my game will I have a whole bunch saved up ready to use?

use it or lose it

generally, get prison or WW to within one hit of starting MB, then achieve something else, like dead features. use the bomb if/when ball drains to not only save your ball but start the prison or WW mb

#3089 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I'm pretty sure Red is a "Horde" walker bomb.

correct.

#3092 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I never picked up on this before. I was thinking too much like VIP passes in ACDC. Thanks for the explanation.

Generally, if youre trying for ww mb, complete the food targets, and if youre going for prisons,

Quoted from T7:FYI - The game doesn't randomly choose which type of walker bomb to give you. If you have Prison qualified (the doors are open, but not in multiball) and complete a "Weapon" drop target bank -> you get a "Blue" prison walker bomb. If you have Well Walker qualified (music has changed, but not in WW MB) and complete a "Food" drop target bank -> you get a "Green" well walker bomb.
Note: you have to get ALL the targets down after the mode is qualified.
This gives you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Hit first drop while on "Weapon"
- Complete drop bank ------------> Get a "Blue" Walker bomb
This does not give you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Hit first drop while on "Weapon"
- Qualify Prison
- Complete rest of drop bank ------------> do NOT get a "Blue" Walker bomb
Also - it makes sense which drop target item awards which award -> "Weapons" are needed for the Prison MB, and "Food" matches the obese Well Walker zombie.

Actually, i think everywhere you typed weapons above should be first aid, no? Weapons supplies lights crossbow...

#3095 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not use it or lose it though. You accumulate through the whole game and they carry over from multiball to multiball. The button will only show green when well walker is primed, blue only when prison doors are open, and of course during their respective multiballs.

whoa, thanks, I had no idea. this will change things slightly for me personally.

1 month later
#3258 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's hard to say. I guess it depends on what mods it has. I would think they would start around $7k for a stock one, and go up from there.

more info: I paid 7.2 for a slightly modded HUO TWDLE in Feb'16. I'd certainly pay that or maybe a little more 6-7 mos later.

#3259 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey you're not the first to dislike that "knocker". Thankfully you can turn it off in the settings.

the only knockers I like come in pairs. It's the first thing I disable in every game I've ever obtained.

3 months later
#3844 7 years ago

I'm a pretty solid player and can eventually reach any wizard mode I set my mind too on games I enjoy.

Last man standing on factory setting however is simply never gonna happen as it sits. So I've decided to start nerfing the game and then progressively dial it back down towards factory. active walkers settings and multi-kill requirement settings make a huge difference of course. With the very significant nerfing of no tilt bob, 6 active walkers and a couple lowered multikill requirements I was able to reach LMS! It was not extraordinarily difficult but you still have to hit a ton of shots and ctrl the ball. So now I'll slowly dial it back down....Tilt bob is the last thing I will put back to factory. My game drains so many successful shots that it is routinely not fun.

#3855 7 years ago

Hey Dave what do you mean by multiply the crossbow shot? Are you saying rollover the left inland while X is lit as you hit arena to load the crossbow?

#3857 7 years ago

fyi: This is twd pro play, so I have no crossbow but inlane feed before making the crossbow shot
Premium/LE probably needs you to cash in when shooting the right ramp to load the crossbow.
No, when you made the weapons drop.. the yellow light above the right ramp will be lit... if you have double playfield and an inlane multiplier ready (for example 4x). Then shoot the right ramp, cash in your inlane multiplier and shoot a crossbow shot.
4x and double playfield = 8x so when making a succesfull crossbow shot: 5M can be worth 40M due to the 8xmultiplier.
If you combine this with for example a running barn mode and you shoot the barn shot this way... you have
5M (crossbow) + 4M (barn) + walker kill/multikill/... = 10M x 8 = 80M in one shot
To pull these things off isn't always easy but this is how you try to play the game continuesley. Multiplay on modeshots, higher multikill values, well walker jackpots, etc...
I have shot 100M riot shots this way too (my riot champ is f.e. now 500M+)
ps: to build your inlane multiplier, shoot lit crosshairs, every 2 shot advances the multiplier by one.

Thanks that is exactly what I meant- use left inlane X then shoot the right ramp to load/fire the crossbow. Yours scores are ridiculous.

#3858 7 years ago

Ahh now I see, pro crossbow. Now it makes sense!

#3861 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On the premium/LE, if you use the left inane x to feed the crossbow, your crossbow shot is multiplied? I never knew this.

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied? I will test if no-one confirms

1 week later
#3870 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied? I will test if no-one confirms

I tested this a few days ago- the R ramp shot itself (that loads the xbow) is what gets multiplied. I'm 99% sure, want to test again.

1 month later
#4080 7 years ago

I donated to EpTheGeek for doing the color dmd dots. I can't imagine how many hours he spent. So very thankful. I've had mine installed and waiting for about a year exactly. Have had it set to purple and tied to flashers- which is cool and everything - but wow just wow I can't wait to see his magic colored dots.

#4083 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Maybe they're taking the Metallica approach?

I'd say they are.

I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't get one more update.

1 week later
#4160 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Joined with a pro. Looks like I've got some catching up to do! Def want new sound, they have that for Pro models, right?

You came to the right place. Responded.

#4161 7 years ago

Replaced the stock black LE head molding with red. (Repurposed from my BM66LE )

LE really should have shipped with the blood splatter and red molding.

IMG_0945.JPGIMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPGIMG_0947.JPG

#4165 7 years ago

You guys putting up 4B on this game are incredible. Mine plays so difficultly that it's a fluke to get over 60-70 kills and say 600m or so. I've had a pro at my house and he didn't blow it up either. Are you guys that are rolling it, also pros, competing for years?

...there's just so many drains you can't do anything about- esp when the ball really wants to go home to its trough and you already had to use two warnings...

#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You guys putting up 4B on this game are incredible. Mine plays so difficultly that it's a fluke to get over 60-70 kills and say 600m or so. I've had a pro at my house and he didn't blow it up either. Are you guys that are rolling it, also pros, competing for years?
...there's just so many drains you can't do anything about- esp when the ball really wants to go home to its trough and you already had to use two warnings...

I should add- I'm pretty damn good at the game, get to Horde fairly regularly. I've asked this before and ppl always bring up multipliers and tower 2x. But that only goes so far when balls want to say bye bye. I'm on factory. I Get 100-200M all the time but this 4B is just in the clouds to me. Kudos to those who can pull it off.

Seeing pics of scores in this range make me a lot less impressed with Keith to be honest. I thought he was one of a kind, but apparently there are more of you out there.

#4180 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Shooting the drops, well walker and prison puts the ball out of controll. That's why I avoid them in single ball play.

Thx for chiming in guys. Now I'm more confused. How the bleep are you starting modes or MBs (anything really) if you're never going for the drops/prison/well walker in single ball play?

Seems highly paradoxical- unless I'm missing something? I mean just what the heck are you shooting for in single play? What's left if you're not going for the drops/ww/prison...? Just trying for a bunch of ramps and orbits and then bouncing into drops/prison/ww on accident. Very intrigued...

#4183 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Going for walker kills and lighting Woodbury, I'm not saying exclude going for drops, just don't make it your main focus. If you miss a ramp shot there's a good chance it's going to hit the drops as you try and get control again.
Just don't get locked in to a single strategy, the same applies to any game.

Gotcha-- Ok so ramps and orbits like crazy. I take it you begin to aim for a drop after you've accidentally knocked two of them down?

#4190 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

god i really am awful at this game.

Neil, don't beat yourself up. These guys are clearly anomalies. Their accuracy and consistency to be able to repeat these shots is basically robotic.

#4192 7 years ago

Nothing robotic.. been trying this cdc score for a year now. Lots of times close but always failed when trying to go for the big payoff on the left ramp.
I build the cdc value by looping the left ramp a lot and then go into multiball, shoot lots of shots and avoid the left ramp untill the value is really high. It sounds easy but is really hard to have the cards right.

Dave, with all due respect, 5 scores above 1B and getting to Last man Standing when most struggle to complete 2 modes and get 20-30 kills and 200M+ with consistency is astonishing.

It doesn't sound easy at all. It sounds incredibly hard.

#4202 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should be a very simple decision Jon. TWD is way way better than BM66 will ever be!

Short version:
Don't be insane- if you like the BM66 layout/theme at all, hang in there as it will be better when the code is done.

Long version:
As an owner of both- it's certainly silly to assume that BM66 will be "better" when the code is done- except maybe it is? It's George and Lyman's new baby and the most important machine Stern has ever sold. Consider this, what are we 2.5-3 yrs later on TWD and the Prem/LE Horde insert light still doesn't function, and this is on an amazing seller for Stern.

The BM66 open shot layout and feel is much much better than TWD imo. I've said this on the interwebs many times as well, it's cruel how many times you can lose the ball (or a warning) on TWD on a "successful" shot. Same can be said about BM66 crane and joker magnet- but so far, I can tell you it happens with much less frequency.

I should also say, I can't stand TWD with stock sounds. The theme immersion is trash from the factory. I first fell in love with it after Cleland's work and then liked it even more when I added my NIN/RH on top of Cleland's callout pkg. Meanwhile the early signs for theme immersion on BM66 are incomplete to be sure, but what's there is phenomenal.

My advice, make more money, get more space and ensure you can have both.

1 week later
#4252 7 years ago

PM me if interested in mix(es):

This now has a Cleland callout update that includes Negan.

#4278 7 years ago

Agree. Go black molding if you're keeping that translight.

Then you might be able to reuse the red on something else. I took the (curious) red off my BM66LE and put it on my TWDLE.

Glad you're enjoying my mix.

#4295 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just installed the backbox dimmer board on my TWD from Arcade Upkeep. Dims so smoothly when you press the star button and glare from the backbox almost completely disappears. Makes a cool lights go down/curtain like you're at the theatre. Very effective and only $65. Awesome reversible mod.

Those are great. Underappreciated for sure. And Brandon arcadeupkeep.com is a great guy to deal with. His smart lighting undercabs are wonderful too.

Unrelated- I played my friends new pro this weekend. Wow it's stunning..just stunning.. how much easier his shots were than mine. And, He lowered LMS to 60 and has lane extenders. I got to and beat LMS in my third game. It's weird trying to avoid Horde haha...

#4303 7 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

a

where can i get the crossbow apron?

I think I got it from Joe at PinGraffix- wasn't easy. Jose at Tilt could also probably do it.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#4454 7 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

Best bang for buck:
the gnassel bicycle girl mod should have been included from the factory. Same for shaker. I also recommend a 8" flipper fidelity system
and my Cleland/NIN/RH music mix or someone else's. Approx $300 and new code from me or another pinsider and you've transformed your game

I'd even get the few listed above before a colorDMD, which is extra impressive for this title.

The rest of mods are typically dress up and lights (which I LOVE personally but get quite expensive).

If you want to see them all in action look at my ended for sale thread of my extremely done up LE.

#4458 7 years ago

So the Bicycle Girl mod will be included on a NIB Premium? Just want to be sure I'm on the same page. And yes the shaker will be included I know for sure. I was actually speaking with Cleland the other day about potentially making my own music mix. And likely implement his R rated call out mix. What is this flipper fidelity system? Thanks!

No no I'm saying the gnassel (that's his pinside name) bicycle girl mod is so good that Stern should have done it from the factory. Without it there's a significant piece of the premium upsell that never gets well lit.

Google flipper fidelity, it's a replacement 3 piece for the very cheap parts Stern puts in from the factory.

#4474 7 years ago

Clean the plastic shaft plunger of the crossbow coil periodically. It reduces friction and let's the shaft sit back into the coil after you've fired. Making the game a touch more steep helps as well as mentioned above.

Also, maybe obvious but will type anyways. If you shoot the crossbow on the way out it gives you a chance to hit a crossbow shot with your flippers, albeit with the chance that the crossbow is in your way visually. I typically shoot for barn or the bg on the way out and then usually have a chance to recover any misses and frantically hit (attempt) another yellow shot while it's still active, there's also a slight grace period of course.

#4486 7 years ago

My TWDLE sold after all. I'm looking for a TWD pro so I can still play the title but not have as much into it- let me know if you know of any. Trying to reinvent myself without having so much invested into *every single* damn game in my collection...

1 month later
#4554 6 years ago

I'm back. Completing my Super modded stunning LE to moderately modded pro collection conversion. I made cards. I'll make them available to download soon for those interested.

IMG_2394.JPGIMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2393.JPGIMG_2393.JPG

#4582 6 years ago

Two notes after about 15 games on my NIB pro with a Feb 17 build date.

1) I can firmly conclude that pro models are easier than Prem/LE as the no bg bashing and no well magnet decrease danger spots in a meaningful way. This is not only from owning both but also from a couple years of playing a ton of different examples of each.

2) I have not had a single pop bumper based SDTM drain yet on this new build. No idea why. It's in the same geo physical spot as my LE with the same pitch, etc; the LE would drain SDTM maybe 5-10%, enough to be frustrating and cause tilt warnings.

I miss the light show and barn spinner and cabinet art the most. I always loved the "immortality" of not having any actors on the LE. Can't go wrong with either, I'm just glad to have one of them, esp one that isn't nearly as mean as I know it could be.

1 week later
#4648 6 years ago

Hey guys. I may not have ever realized this but if you are unhappy with your sound level at all on your "kevin" mix Cleland/Radiohead/ nine inch nails/ NIN. Then simply go into your adjustments, game specific, the last two settings. And go NEGATIVE to INCREASE volume of either music or sound clips. Hope you're all still enjoying it. I'm loving building my pro back up on a budget. Cheers!
-KG

#4649 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone run into this issue:
When I hit the tunnel and the ball comes around to the left flipper, I seem to be able to easily hit the Arena ramp. The problem is that the ball is traveling so fast, it jumps out of the Arena ramp and ends up on the CDC ramp and back on the right flipper.
Is that just my game, or does it happen to anyone else?

A super fast clean shot thru tunnel strikes fear into the hearts of men... do I flail? Do I try to let it bounce? Just close your eyes and hold your breath lol

#4650 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey guys. I may not have ever realized this but if you are unhappy with your sound level at all on your "kevin" mix Cleland/Radiohead/ nine inch nails/ NIN. Then simply go into your adjustments, game specific, the last two settings. And go NEGATIVE to INCREASE volume of either music or sound clips. Hope you're all still enjoying it. I'm loving building my pro back up on a budget. Cheers!
-KG

And they are the last two adjustments in game specifics. I think #59 and 60

#4652 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Live catch or a drop catch will do the trick... now only if I could do that...

I can- but not on this kind of speed. I can catch an arrow but not a bullet.

1 week later
#4689 6 years ago

I'm getting to horde daily in my new pro, full factory settings- and I can't even sniff Seige (yet at least).

#4696 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Three bicycle girl shots. Three barn shots. Three CDC shots. Two riot shots. Three arena shots. Hits lots of drops down. Or doing well in prision or well walker multiball.

Pretty much. Always bicycle girl, always CDC, always barn- and then a misc mix of others, like, for example, I believe my horde weapons usually contain two of these: a "drop target" weapon, well-walker weapon also.

Chuck I think you mean two tunnel shots- riot is too tight and dangerous. Tunnel is too but only on the first shot, after initiating you can spread the love and get the best sound effect in pinball.

#4699 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Remember you only need six multikills to ge to horde. There's about 20 available in the game to collect. Choose the easiest 6. I listed what I thought were the easiest six.

All other things equal, It varies dramatically by model and build of machine. I was an above average player on my LE; I'm a well above average player on my pro. I'm getting to horde 3-4x as much on my pro and almost never have a dud game.

1 month later
#4870 6 years ago

Full factory. 5-6 wks straight of trying basically. I think I have tears in my eyes. Last Man Standing. Now I can go back to trying for score and enjoying the game. Did not get the tower extra ball (never have). The music is good during LMS, I couldn't improve on it all that much with NIN nor Radiohead.

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3218.JPG

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice job! I've never gotten it and I never will.

Thanks- if you have a Prem/LE, don't fret. The most I could get from dedicated tries on my identically setup LE was 87. The Prem/LE's play dramatically harder when it comes to going for most kills. Bicycle girl being a bash toy instead of a clean ramp return. Well walker magnet adding randomness. Even the Woodbury drop target adds drain potential as compared to openness of Pro. Xbow is also more dangerous. Make no mistake, a pro is much easier when it comes to straight up walker kills achievement.

#4883 6 years ago

Can you imagine that I've reached LMS once and played it,a few months later reached it twice and on both drained while trying to shoot the woodburry shot.

I can believe it! I was in disbelief that I actually hit the Woodbury shot to start it. I whiffed twice and managed to regain control and third time was a charm. I would have thrown the machine across the room if I'd drained after qualifying it. (Esp having not been there before).

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did you finish LMS or just get to it?

I think 57 kills during the mode. Not great but not my usual wizard mode disaster either.

Hard to keep the focus after such relief.

#4891 6 years ago

So I gave my pin a good cleaning the other day with some novus 2. The game plays ridiculously fast now and I think because of the super bands coupled with the novus 2, I'm getting a lot of back spin. Also noticing it's harder to try to save a ball in the outlanes. Any suggestions or is this just one of those things that the playfield has to get "rebroken in" so to speak? I enjoy the challenge but some of my friends aren't exactly loving the increase in speed.

It's normal. Simple physics. Less friction = more speed. You'll need to break it back in to your comfort level of "dirtiness".

#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Walker bombs can definitely be used as a ball save in the right situation, but the Well Walker magnet, Woodbury drop target, Crossbow ricochets and Bicycle Girl can all lead to a ball drain. So ultimately the Pro has less ball drains.

+1
Walker bombs aren't enough to compensate for Prem/LE dangers

2 months later
#5217 6 years ago

FYI- just plugging myself a little. I’ve put my TWD Pro on location in Atlanta. Have a play when you’re in town. Working on more games slowly but surely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom#post-3988204

Cheers and happy walker destroying!

#5232 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I have a problem where my ball bounces off the flipper bat as it makes contact from rolling down the inlane. Same on the 2 sides, i already adjust inlanes by loosening the 3 screws and put some electrical tape to "fatten" the inlanes a bit. It's better but not perfectly smooth when a ball rolls slowly on the inlane to the flipper bat...
My first TWD had the same problem, and i saw on the youtube vids that it's like that too. It seems to be common with all machines. That's not very important but i don't like that at all (already have this problem with older machines and it's very annoying, my TWD is HUO...)
Do you guys know this problem and fix it?

That’s massively important! Interesting as I’ve only seen it once out of probably 15-20 TWD machines I’ve played over the years. Definitely do everything you can to solve as the flippers are your only direct tangible interaction with the ball. The pitch angle could impact this as well.

#5237 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does anyone have a video of such an occurrence? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

Consider a ball rolling downhill, that hits a rock and jumps off ground.
The ball is rolling down the inlane, but then slightly jumps at the transition from inlane rail into flipper rubber. i.e. it isn't a 'seamless' transition from inlane rail onto flipper.

#5248 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
I have about 4,000 plays on my Premium. I think my first light bulb/opto has burnt out. It's the right one on the Prison--no hits will register with this out. I've combed through the Stern guide to see what part I need to order, but for the life of me, can't find a thing. Perhaps I do not know what to look for.
Any thoughts?
Thanks as always and Happy Thanksgiving to those Canadians on here who celebrate it 'early'!
-Winston.

Buy a few, careful when installing, easy to drop small screws.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1210

#5252 6 years ago

We’ll see you back here in a few if you have any questions on tweaks out of the box and protections, etc. all is contained in the thread but maybe not easy to find. Congrats! Amazing but brutal game with full factory settings, particularly your Prem/LE.

1 month later
#5446 6 years ago

I read the read me- this is a big update that cleans up a ton and does a ton for very good players. The biggest thing is buried several bullet points into the read me. It’s something that was already on Lyman’s Radar when I brought it up to him at Pinburgh ‘16. He increased the minimum walkers lit up to 4 instead of 3. This is a big big deal for getting to wizard mode and just general scoring. It’s a phenomenal move that makes the game more rewarding and slightly less brutal. Good players should make it to Last Man Standing now. Another big improvement is ability to escape/exit Horde.

I will redo my NIN/RH mix when/if Cleland redoes his. I actually spoke with him earlier today and he is a busy man.

#5453 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I swear every major update has come while I’m out of town.

Keep going out of town.

#5481 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Good luck finding a Pro Paul.

Yup, I tried for several weeks earlier in 2017 to find a pro and had to settle for a NIB order from Trent at Tilt Amusements. Now even less owners will want to sell.

4 years later
#10639 2 years ago

Mods- How do I get a post locked as a key post? This is my Radiohead NIN sound mod (on top of Cleland callouts). All instrumental and music fits perfectly with theme. I’ve given it out a lot and can’t even imagine the game without it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg

Thrilled that I’ll be getting one of these at home later in the year.

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

This isn't true. Originally TWD was made with all of the assets from the show. There's a podcast with Lyman where he said he originally coded it with all of the assets from the show but then Stern failed to get them (or didn't want to pay the price most likely) so he had to re-do all of the code on the game without the assets. This is why the code was very slow to develop when the game first launched.
Love the Cleland code, it makes this game a top 3 for me. Everyone who comes over any plays it loves the Cleland code as well. I tried to get him to do AIQ, but he wasn't into the game unfortunately so that game will continue to lack soul...

Did you ever try mine? Cleland plus better music.

On another note,
Regarding the timeless non-actor visuals concept, that’s why I’m LE or bust on this title. I love the simplicity and directness of the cabinet with don’t open dead inside absent any human faces. Rust LE Armor is cool too although I’ll gladly buy the stern accessory blood armor if anyone wants to part with it! Only one I can find is $1,500 on eBay

#10679 2 years ago

I’m rebuilding this game in a month or two. So pumped it doesn’t even make sense.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I hear ya. The 2X shot/Riot shot is pretty difficult. I've tried hitting from the left flipper and also from the ricochet off of the WW...about 50/50 spilt on success between the 2, probably about 50% of the time, so do the math lol. It can be a game changer though, stacked with your X shot (they can be stacked right? lol)
Anyway, for me personally, if I were to do this mod, I'd tie it to a star rollover just to have minimal impact on the game. I don't always have 2X lit, and I think that if I tied it to the spinner, I would always have it lit, which could impact scoring on the game.

Yes everything stacks

Yes I immediately thought star rollover if you’re going to tie a spinner add on to anything

#10708 2 years ago

I’m rebuilding my LE masterpiece. Don’t have the machine yet. Accumulating parts.

CF376200-6040-4892-85B2-585303949877 (resized).jpegCF376200-6040-4892-85B2-585303949877 (resized).jpeg
#10710 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Had some strange behaviour started on my LE.
The top half of the controlled lamps have started flicking on and off. Anyone experienced this before? Any tips on where to start looking for issues?

99% chance that a molex connector that connects one light board to another is loose. (It’s usually the lower half that gets flicker issues because the lower half has a lot more vibration.) When you reseat the connectors in your hunt, consider adding something to firm it up, like a zip tie around the plastic, or Joe’s Sticky Stuff (my go-to)- I’m sure there are other tricks too.

2 weeks later
#10727 2 years ago

My new baby is in da house. I drove a long way for this during a vacation. This LE #585 is bolted to the floor. Will start a new thread individually for its mod based transformation. Have always loved this LE for its lack of actors/actresses/individual likenesses and it’s subsequent “anti-dated” timelessness. I only have room for 3 at home and this makes the cut.

643BE5BF-97BE-4108-9E46-1B76BB4A2657 (resized).jpeg643BE5BF-97BE-4108-9E46-1B76BB4A2657 (resized).jpegD536A077-4538-4943-B8D6-DF1A7F1D5468 (resized).jpegD536A077-4538-4943-B8D6-DF1A7F1D5468 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#10927 1 year ago

Partial progress. Custom cut blood armor. Oxblood red powder coat.

And as always don’t forget about my music mod. (RandomKG, my old user name). It takes Cleland call outs and cleanly replaces music with Nine inch nails and Radiohead.

Enjoy this masterpiece of a title. Can’t wait to finish modding and start taking play seriously.

6027CA9A-99C9-49F5-B82E-BC402BAFBEC4.jpeg6027CA9A-99C9-49F5-B82E-BC402BAFBEC4.jpegDB8BE0FB-7243-4FB5-B581-5A4829EF69F1.jpegDB8BE0FB-7243-4FB5-B581-5A4829EF69F1.jpeg
#10929 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That looks incredible, I mean way better than the blood armor aftermarket
Did you cut those yourself or have them pro done? I want to do the same on my LE now and the color is perfect. Never selling mine.

Thanks ^_^
Bought all armor/door parts from pinball life and Marco.
I had a local welding shop cut them.
Fortunately they totally understood based on my doodle.

Of course full pics when I’m DONE done building.

#10934 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Very nice looking. Know how they cut them (i.e. laser, CNC, by hand)?

Yeah it was by hand.

#10940 1 year ago

Red coin returns with modded message slip coming.
(Almost) No detail left behind

5594DFFB-E7F8-447A-9842-6DAD5126E055.jpeg5594DFFB-E7F8-447A-9842-6DAD5126E055.jpeg
#10941 1 year ago

Thanks Aurich
I still use these from time to time. I think they’re from early 2017.

135D8EE8-404F-4779-B36D-5362BBFD1BD5.jpeg135D8EE8-404F-4779-B36D-5362BBFD1BD5.jpeg
#10942 1 year ago

^_^

A27EC0DC-10BD-458A-AAC5-0739C83F4B5F.jpegA27EC0DC-10BD-458A-AAC5-0739C83F4B5F.jpeg
#10943 1 year ago
B3B0731E-7E2D-4710-81B5-42539A9A5BD6.jpegB3B0731E-7E2D-4710-81B5-42539A9A5BD6.jpeg
#10945 1 year ago

Let’s see how Rumors semi-gloss dries. Divine wine was perfect, until it dried brown.

20DEC662-8AB5-4942-A826-46C8A6F9D632.jpeg20DEC662-8AB5-4942-A826-46C8A6F9D632.jpeg236556F9-ECC2-47E8-9297-BEA9C917434E.jpeg236556F9-ECC2-47E8-9297-BEA9C917434E.jpeg
#10960 1 year ago

Pinnovators kicks ass. They’ll typically work with you on sending them something coated to get their “treatment” stamped into it. Headphone Jack, volume control with mute/unmute. I think they were the originals? Awesome mod esp with my music mix ^_^

Just a few more key pieces before the build is done.

0B4D73CF-D432-47EF-A46F-72DE5BAE14F4.jpeg0B4D73CF-D432-47EF-A46F-72DE5BAE14F4.jpeg4F47F425-FA9B-47C5-8930-71B60B11FEA0.jpeg4F47F425-FA9B-47C5-8930-71B60B11FEA0.jpegE4F45A04-5477-4AC4-976A-3014AF487B67.jpegE4F45A04-5477-4AC4-976A-3014AF487B67.jpeg
1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ATLpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=ATLpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.