IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 237.
#4851 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

STOP THE PRESSES!!! PUT AWAY THE ARSENIC!!! DON'T GO TO THE CEMETERY TO FIND ME!!! MY PIN IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is for YOU Lermods:
I did as you said and took each fuse out and put the meter to them. The 3rd fuse in the top right row in the backbox was dead. It was a 5 Amp and I replaced it and it my pin is working 100%! I KNEW better than to just 'eyeball' the fuses. But this pin is so brand spanking new, and I could easily see the filaments inside each fuse and they all looked pristine. But I did as you said, just to make sure. I actually didn't have much hope. But THAT was the problem!!! How many times have I read on Pinside to NEVER trust looking at a fuse or even testing it while still in the pin. Always take them out and check with a meter.
I do need to confess that I did another stupid thing while checking them. But I don't blame ME this time. Under the PF are two fuses for the flippers. They are in some kind of black plastic holder that has those fuses in there so tight, I broke one of them trying to get it out. Glass pieces everywhere! MAN, are those things in there tight! Anyway, with my poor vision, it appears to have 8 Amp written on it. I don't have any of those. I reckon I could put a 7 Amp in there to make the right flipper work and the only thing bad to happen is the fuse will blow (maybe)? Right?
Anyway, you guys don't know how HAPPY I am to know I don't have to pay a fortune to get my pin fixed or be without it for weeks ore maybe months! Thanks again Lermods. And I always thought "Yankees" were not very friendly!
Mike in Kentucky

Glad you got it working again. We've all blown fuses before and we've missed blown ones.

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

put money on it that its the well walker. had this problem put a tighter spring on the mech.

Thank you! Adjusted the switch under the well Walker and now it works fine.
Ola

#4853 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

put money on it that its the well walker. had this problem put a tighter spring on the mech.

Same here , little adjustement, test that switch
Easy fix

#4854 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

... fuses in there so tight, I broke one of them trying to get it out. Glass pieces everywhere!

Next time you order from Pinball Life get one of these fuse pullers.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=425

#4855 6 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer . . . thanks for the tip. I bought a yellow plastic fuse puller from Pinball Life about 6 or 7 years ago but it wasn't strong enough to pull the fuses. It flexed too much and I gave up on it. This one looks a lot stouter and is configured differently. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks!

Mike in Kentucky

#4856 6 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix ball hop with the plastic lane guides? Happens on right flipper. I've tried to loosen and adjust several ways but still can't seem to get it to flow smoothly on slower balls. On faster balls, it flows smoothly.

#4857 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix ball hop with the plastic lane guides? Happens on right flipper. I've tried to loosen and adjust several ways but still can't seem to get it to flow smoothly on slower balls. On faster balls, it flows smoothly.

Titan thin flipper rubber.

#4858 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan thin flipper rubber.

So use thin on one side and standard on the other? Wouldn't that mess with gameplay? if I use thin on both, would that not mess with the side that flows well?

#4859 6 years ago

I use a bigger (wider) rubber on the top of the lane. Prevents this very thing. Now the ball either heads back out onto the playfield or rattles around and heads back to the flipper. Also limits balls headed straight for the outlane by about 5%.

#4860 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So use thin on one side and standard on the other? Wouldn't that mess with gameplay? if I use thin on both, would that not mess with the side that flows well?

Thin both sides. Messes with nothing.

#4861 6 years ago

mispost.

#4862 6 years ago

hi there,
when all the five modes are lit, what is it supposed to happen?
all the five modes are just scoring or you need to complete them?
thanks

#4863 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi there,
when all the five modes are lit, what is it supposed to happen?
all the five modes are just scoring or you need to complete them?
thanks

Terminus. Play all modes. Then relight them like you did to play the modes (2 sets of drops). They will all Flash like you can play any of them. Shoot one of those shots to start terminus.

#4864 6 years ago

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

#4865 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

I Love it More !!!

#4866 6 years ago

And I LOVE you BOTH for loving this lovely game !

#4867 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

OK enough guys. This is going to get X rated if you keep going any further and we don't want to ruin such a great thread!

#4869 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

OK enough guys. This is going to get X rated if you keep going any further and we don't want to ruin such a great thread!

IMG_3526 (resized).PNGIMG_3526 (resized).PNG

#4870 6 years ago

Full factory. 5-6 wks straight of trying basically. I think I have tears in my eyes. Last Man Standing. Now I can go back to trying for score and enjoying the game. Did not get the tower extra ball (never have). The music is good during LMS, I couldn't improve on it all that much with NIN nor Radiohead.

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3218.JPG

#4871 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Full factory. 5-6 wks straight of trying basically. I think I have tears in my eyes. Last Man Standing. Now I can go back to trying for score and enjoying the game. Did not get the tower extra ball (never have). The music is good during LMS, I couldn't improve on it all that much with NIN nor Radiohead.

Nice job! I've never gotten it and I never will.

#4872 6 years ago

hi,
do you play with save posts (mod) in the outlanes or not?
really monster drains there.

#4873 6 years ago

hi,
do you play with save posts (mod) in the outlanes or not?
really monster drains there.

No way!

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice job! I've never gotten it and I never will.

Thanks- if you have a Prem/LE, don't fret. The most I could get from dedicated tries on my identically setup LE was 87. The Prem/LE's play dramatically harder when it comes to going for most kills. Bicycle girl being a bash toy instead of a clean ramp return. Well walker magnet adding randomness. Even the Woodbury drop target adds drain potential as compared to openness of Pro. Xbow is also more dangerous. Make no mistake, a pro is much easier when it comes to straight up walker kills achievement.

#4875 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks- if you have a Prem/LE, don't fret. The most I could get from dedicated tries on my identically setup LE was 87. The Prem/LE's play dramatically harder when it comes to going for most kills. Bicycle girl being a bash toy instead of a clean ramp return. Well walker magnet adding randomness. Even the Woodbury drop target adds drain potential as compared to openness of Pro. Xbow is also more dangerous. Make no mistake, a pro is much easier when it comes to straight up walker kills achievement.

I have a pro actually but I still haven't got LMS. Been to Horde a couple of times but no LMS.

#4876 6 years ago

I have a question about Horde. If I watch the video where Keith Elwin is playing, when he reaches Horde all the GI in the game pulses when the mode starts.

Is that a Premium thing only, or an aftermarket type of light controller thingy <--Technical term right there

Mine doesn't do it making the start of Horde much more bland.

#4877 6 years ago

GI 'animation' on Horde is a LE/Premium thing only.

After playing the premium again, I really think the pro is the better playing game.
More flow, faster (through left loop - no spinner, left ramp, no corssobow...)

And the fact that you can multiply crossbow shots

I added the prison tower official mod and a fishtank alike to fill up the emptiness.
Other than that, the GI is the best about the premium.

I even like the flashing of the mode inserts better on the pro (completely different).

Can you imagine that I've reached LMS once and played it,a few months later reached it twice and on both drained while trying to shoot the woodburry shot.

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

After playing the premium again, I really think the pro is the better playing game.
I added the prison tower official mod and a fishtank alike to fill up the emptiness.
I even like the flashing of the mode inserts better on the pro (completely different).
Can you imagine that I've reached LMS once and played it,a few months later reached it twice and on both drained while trying to shoot the woodburry shot.

That's what I figured with the GI.

You mentioned the fish tank. Is that an aftermarket thing, or is it just like the one from the premium? I saw a premium last night and really liked the fish tank. I only played one game, but it's something that caught my eye.

#4880 6 years ago

Looks they are gone from pretty much everywhere. I was hoping for one that would light up with each shot to the right ramp. It looks like there used to be one, but they are sold out.

#4881 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looks they are gone from pretty much everywhere

meh, save your money and get the color LCD dmd if you don't already have one.

#4882 6 years ago

I already have one.

The dots are amazing.

#4883 6 years ago

I can believe it! I was in disbelief that I actually hit the Woodbury shot to start it. I whiffed twice and managed to regain control and third time was a charm. I would have thrown the machine across the room if I'd drained after qualifying it. (Esp having not been there before).

#4884 6 years ago

I prefer the Pro too, but NEED the Premium's red pulse GI lighting.

TimeBandit better step up!

I could buy a Total Lightshow for MET Pro and TWD then.

Stern's Serial (or whatever) lighting system on the Premiums appears to be incapable of displaying decent fading effects to the majority of inserts. MET Pro, in my opinion, is doing what was programmed (LED's aside). The Premium isn't.

#4885 6 years ago

I prefer premium, the game is more varied. I like spinner, magnet, lockbar button and the light show.
Crossbow is nice but what I regret is all shots are not possible. Who has succeded Tunnel?

Anyway, Pro or premium, who knows a more intense game? Who knows a better gameplay?

I have done my best hiscore this afternoon and This game makes me sweat so much! That's incredible.
554M done, went to horde (not finished), only done 3 modes (never done terminus). I need to improve my abalities!

Who gets some SRTM from the prison magnet? Happens sometimes here. This is a bit tedious.

What are your best modes scores?

#4886 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Did you finish LMS or just get to it?

#4887 6 years ago

What are your best modes scores?

480M on arena
600M on riot
280M on cdc
245M on tunnel
180M on barn
1.2B on terminus *
632M on X champ
300M crossbow champ
600M on horde
5.6M on combo champ

My favorite mode now is actually Arena

#4888 6 years ago

hey guys, im thinking to purchase one TWD premium, i already have Ghostbusters and metallica is coming...
the game is durable? funny? what mods are a must? shaker?
let me know thx+

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did you finish LMS or just get to it?

I think 57 kills during the mode. Not great but not my usual wizard mode disaster either.

Hard to keep the focus after such relief.

#4890 6 years ago

So I gave my pin a good cleaning the other day with some novus 2. The game plays ridiculously fast now and I think because of the super bands coupled with the novus 2, I'm getting a lot of back spin. Also noticing it's harder to try to save a ball in the outlanes. Any suggestions or is this just one of those things that the playfield has to get "rebroken in" so to speak? I enjoy the challenge but some of my friends aren't exactly loving the increase in speed.

#4891 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So I gave my pin a good cleaning the other day with some novus 2. The game plays ridiculously fast now and I think because of the super bands coupled with the novus 2, I'm getting a lot of back spin. Also noticing it's harder to try to save a ball in the outlanes. Any suggestions or is this just one of those things that the playfield has to get "rebroken in" so to speak? I enjoy the challenge but some of my friends aren't exactly loving the increase in speed.

It's normal. Simple physics. Less friction = more speed. You'll need to break it back in to your comfort level of "dirtiness".

#4892 6 years ago

480M on arena
600M on riot
280M on cdc
245M on tunnel
180M on barn
1.2B on terminus *
632M on X champ
300M crossbow champ
600M on horde
5.6M on combo champ
My favorite mode now is actually Arena

Ca déchire!
Didn't know it was possible to score so much which crossbow!
What is X champion?

#4893 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It's normal. Simple physics. Less friction = more speed. You'll need to break it back in to your comfort level of "dirtiness".

Perfect. Thanks. I don't mind the speed whatsoever but the inability to save a ball in the outlanes has been frustrating for us all. Only a matter of time before I break the 1 billion mark! I recently conquered siege for the first time and I usually get to horde once a day if not more.

#4894 6 years ago

Premium / LE all the way on TWD IMO. But the Pro is easier for sure.

#4895 6 years ago

A fast game is a clean game. A clean game plays as it should. For this game, brutal is an understatement. I've only gotten Hoard once in the week and a half I've owned it. I'm trying different strategies, and I'm like a dog with ADHD when it comes to trying to stick with one strategy. It never works for me! I seem to have the best scoring games when I try to lock in Blood Bath with WW and Prison MB with modes running. I have the hardest time hitting shots other than Barn in this game for some reason. Just have to stick with it I guess and learn the timing of the shots.

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A fast game is a clean game. A clean game plays as it should. For this game, brutal is an understatement. I've only gotten Hoard once in the week and a half I've owned it. I'm trying different strategies, and I'm like a dog with ADHD when it comes to trying to stick with one strategy. It never works for me! I seem to have the best scoring games when I try to lock in Blood Bath with WW and Prison MB with modes running. I have the hardest time hitting shots other than Barn in this game for some reason. Just have to stick with it I guess and learn the timing of the shots.

You will get better as time goes on man! Ive had the game for about two months and I'm absolutely hooked still! Even my wife loves playing it! She's getting pretty good too!

#4897 6 years ago

Crossbow is nice but what I regret is all shots are not possible. Who has succeded Tunnel?

While the tunnel shot is a damn hard shot to hit with the crossbow, I can officially say that I witnessed my wife nail it last night! I was watching and I was like whoa did you just crossbow the tunnel shot?!?! Her response was yeah, I had one more blue shot lit for a prison kill there so I just went for it. I was indeed impressed!!!!

#4898 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

While the tunnel shot is a damn hard shot to hit with the crossbow, I can officially say that I witnessed my wife nail it last night! I was watching and I was like whoa did you just crossbow the tunnel shot?!?! Her response was yeah, I had one more blue shot lit for a prison kill there so I just went for it. I was indeed impressed!!!!

Incredible!
Riot and arena are tough too ...but possible.

#4899 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Premium / LE all the way on TWD IMO. But the Pro is easier for sure.

Really? I've played both, and the addition of walker bombs is huge. Thought it made the game a little less challenging.

#4900 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Really? I've played both, and the addition of walker bombs is huge. Thought it made the game a little less challenging.

Walker bombs can definitely be used as a ball save in the right situation, but the Well Walker magnet, Woodbury drop target, Crossbow ricochets and Bicycle Girl can all lead to a ball drain. So ultimately the Pro has less ball drains.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/98?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.