IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 236.
#4751 6 years ago

IMG_2155 (resized).JPGIMG_2155 (resized).JPG

#4752 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Anyone provide some guidance on how to adjust the sensitivity of the prison head behind the doors? If I don't hit him hard he doesn't register.

Here's what I did that made him much better.

First gap the spot target under the playfield very very close. Then take 1 to 2 pieces of sticky felt, or the soft side of Velcro with adhesive backing and lay it on the metal arm that is attached to the walker head. That will effectively reduce the distance the arm needs to travel to contact the spot target. Shouldn't need to remove anything under the playfield to do this either.

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First gap the spot target under the playfield very very close. Then take 1 to 2 pieces of sticky felt, or the soft side of Velcro with adhesive backing and lay it on the metal arm that is attached to the walker head. That will effectively reduce the distance the arm needs to travel to contact the spot target. Shouldn't need to remove anything under the playfield to do this either.

And not an ideal solution, but know that for tournaments, they have often disabled the prison door, so that the optos that are in front of the door register all the hits, instead of having that head come into play.

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

And not an ideal solution, but know that for tournaments, they have often disabled the prison door, so that the optos that are in front of the door register all the hits, instead of having that head come into play.

I wanted to avoid this at all costs. So my solution made it more than fine for tournaments.

#4755 6 years ago

Anyone close to their game able to tell me the measurements of the prison door area, height and width? thank you

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Ok I have made 8 of these railroad crossing lighted mods with a Terminus map underneath. Easy to install in 5 minutes, no soldering required. I will send you a link with a video on installation. They come with a 30 day money back warranty and a 6 month repair or replace warranty if they break or stop working FOR ANY REASON (minus shipping). They are 54.95 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. I know they are pricey, but they took a long time to make. I probably am not going to make anymore so get them while they last! Here is a link with them in action.
» YouTube video
email me at [email protected] if interested.

Looks great , money sent!

Thanks Joe !

#4757 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wasn't much to adjust on the leaf but putting the velcro made a big difference. I also adjusted my bicycle girl as well. Now if you breathe on her it will register.

#4758 6 years ago

Does anyone know what registers a hit on the prison doors? Is it just the optos in front of the door? Mine has a habit of not registering a door hit sometimes, especially if the ball is really flying. I know it's passing the optos, because you can hear it smack the door.

#4759 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone know what registers a hit on the prison doors? Is it just the optos in front of the door? Mine has a habit of not registering a door hit sometimes, especially if the ball is really flying. I know it's passing the optos, because you can hear it smack the door.

It jumps above the opto because of the magnet, mine does it from time to time on fast balls.

#4760 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

It jumps above the opto because of the magnet, mine does it from time to time on fast balls.

Is your magnet is level with the playfield? If it's too high you'll have more jumping.

#4761 6 years ago

I'll take a look at the magnet tonight. Thanks!

#4762 6 years ago

Just found Fuse F7 had blown... Previous owner had used 3A instead of 4A...

1st world problems, eh?

#4763 6 years ago

Im trying to install the topper, a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. Already scratched my play field because those stupid plastic pieces on that resistor square piece kept falling off. How do you guys get that thing mounted on those four metal posts? I keep feeling like Im going to break if it I push it in any further? The one with the 7 pin connector. Is it necessary to push it all the way in and then use those 4 nuts?

Thanks

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im trying to install the topper, a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. Already scratched my play field because those stupid plastic pieces on that resistor square piece kept falling off. How do you guys get that thing mounted on those four metal posts? I keep feeling like Im going to break if it I push it in any further? The one with the 7 pin connector. Is it necessary to push it all the way in and then use those 4 nuts?
Thanks

Hopefully this will help you. Good luck

#4765 6 years ago

I wanted to talk about modes for a second. It appears to me that CDC is the most lucrative. Do any of the other modes have a big cash out at the end? I haven't found any.

Barn - Hit the left loop over and over again. Value increases by 500,000/hit
Riot - Hit the Riot shot over and over again. Value increases per shot and through bumper hits
Tunnel - Shoot the tunnel shot to start. Other shots award 5 million / shot. Cash out at the Tunnel shot (haven't figured out what this cash out value is)
Arena - Shoot the arena shot to increase the value by 1 million per shot. Cash out for a percentage of the built value at Woodbury

All 4 of those modes seem to be relatively low scoring, even with multipliers, compared to CDC. I had two separate instances where I was able to cash out CDC for 517,000,000 one time and 402,000,000 the other.

Is it possible to get a huge value for the other modes?

#4766 6 years ago

I wanted to talk about modes for a second. It appears to me that CDC is the most lucrative. Do any of the other modes have a big cash out at the end? I haven't found any.
Barn - Hit the left loop over and over again. Value increases by 500,000/hit
Riot - Hit the Riot shot over and over again. Value increases per shot and through bumper hits
Tunnel - Shoot the tunnel shot to start. Other shots award 5 million / shot. Cash out at the Tunnel shot (haven't figured out what this cash out value is)
Arena - Shoot the arena shot to increase the value by 1 million per shot. Cash out for a percentage of the built value at Woodbury
All 4 of those modes seem to be relatively low scoring, even with multipliers, compared to CDC. I had two separate instances where I was able to cash out CDC for 517,000,000 one time and 402,000,000 the other.
Is it possible to get a huge value for the other modes?

The tunnel shot in the Tunnel Mode doesn't award a cash out value, it ends the mode. Once you've hit the other 4 shots for 5mil each, they relight and are worth 10mil each, etc. etc.

Personally CDC is the lowest scoring high score on the machine I used to have.
I've had riot scores over 500mil with a MB

#4767 6 years ago

Leaving tomorrow to visit the fam in MN, then pickup up on Saturday morning, possibly setting up at my brother-in-law's garage, then heading home on Sunday! I'm getting the itch real bad!

#4768 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

The tunnel shot in the Tunnel Mode doesn't award a cash out value, it ends the mode. Once you've hit the other 4 shots for 5mil each, they relight and are worth 10mil each, etc. etc.
Personally CDC is the lowest scoring high score on the machine I used to have.
I've had riot scores over 500mil with a MB

Is that just from spamming the Riot shot once you start the mode? That shot seems to kick my ass. I"m lucky if I hit it 2 or 3 times during the mode.

#4769 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not true. Tunnel is the best mode in the game imo.

Shoot tunnel to start. Avoid all other shots. Keep hitting tunnel to advance the mode shot value. Goes from 5 to 7.5 to 10 to 12.5 million and so on. When done, now all other shots are worth that and that value is locked in.

once you hit another shot other than tunnel the value of the shots is locked in, and hitting tunnel again ends the mode. Avoid that at all costs. Keep hitting drops to increase the mode timer, and hit all other major shots for a potentially endless tunnel mode.

So instead of that one big cash out shot in CDC, every major shot in tunnel can be a monster collect if timed with a built up X shot.

#4770 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not true. Tunnel is the best mode in the game imo.
Shoot tunnel to start. Avoid all other shots. Keep hitting tunnel to advance the mode shot value. Goes from 5 to 7.5 to 10 to 12.5 million and so on. When done, now all other shots are worth that and that value is locked in.
once you hit another shot other than tunnel the value of the shots is locked in, and hitting tunnel again ends the mode. Avoid that at all costs. Keep hitting drops to increase the mode timer, and hit all other major shots for a potentially endless tunnel mode.
So instead of that one big cash out shot in CDC, every major shot in tunnel can be a monster collect if timed with a built up X shot.

Or you can spend the entire mode trying to make even a single tunnel shot until you clank and it goes sdtm. That's my strategy.

#4771 6 years ago

Hi All,

I am sad. I was installing Gnassel's mod last night (it's great), but when I put the playfield down, I found I'm a victim of the ball trough issue where two balls get fired into the shooter lane. I see no burrs in the trough and the balls aren't magnetized.
So that leaves some sort of "opto sensor" issue. I've never seen a full explanation of how to test/remedy this. Any ideas? I am sad because my brother is driving 800 miles to come check out my TWD Premium this weekend and now it's unplayable!

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Or you can spend the entire mode trying to make even a single tunnel shot until you clank and it goes sdtm. That's my strategy.

That's why I love it to be honest. Each hit to that tunnel shot once in the mode gets my heart pounding more and more! Best I've done is 12.5 million. Never had the balls to risk more than that.

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
I am sad. I was installing Gnassel's mod last night (it's great), but when I put the playfield down, I found I'm a victim of the ball trough issue where two balls get fired into the shooter lane. I see no burrs in the trough and the balls aren't magnetized.
So that leaves some sort of "opto sensor" issue. I've never seen a full explanation of how to test/remedy this. Any ideas? I am sad because my brother is driving 800 miles to come check out my TWD Premium this weekend and now it's unplayable!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ball-trough-launching-multiple-balls

#4774 6 years ago

Does TWD have trough optos? Mine doesn't.

#4775 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And I thought I was the only guy that uses that approach...lol

#4776 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does TWD have trough optos? Mine doesn't.

there is one opto for the ball getting ready to get kicked up by vuk.

#4777 6 years ago

All modes score big... CDC is the one with the nice cash out, but the others build up quite nicely when being played for a longer time.

If you play tunnel, try looping the tunnel shot a few times before making the first red arrow shot, value increases by 2,5M a shot.

#4778 6 years ago

Thanks very much. I hope I don't have to go the soldering route! If I can find where to plug & un-plug (or "re-seat" in Pinspeak), I think that is my best chance at a self-repair.

#4779 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thanks very much. I hope I don't have to go the soldering route! If I can find where to plug & un-plug (or "re-seat" in Pinspeak), I think that is my best chance at a self-repair.

When i posted that link i thought there was only optos in trough.

First thing id do is take all the balls out and turn game on and add each ball one at a time and see if the game reconizes each ball. If it doesnt reconize one of the balls then one of your rollover switches either needs adjusted or a wire came loose probably.

there is a opto for the ball getting ready to be kicked up by vuk. has 2 plugs one on each side of trough id start there for resetting plugs.

#4780 6 years ago

Tried the 90 degree magnet fix and it's still draining too much off the prison But thanks to the thread, my walker head is nice and sensitive.

#4781 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

First thing id do is take all the balls out and turn game on and add each ball one at a time and see if the game reconizes each ball. If it doesnt reconize one of the balls then one of your rollover switches either needs adjusted or a wire came loose probably.
there is a opto for the ball getting ready to be kicked up by vuk. has 2 plugs one on each side of trough id start there for resetting plugs.

Hi,

I'm afraid you're right--it thinks there is a ball in trough slot #18, all of the time. So I have a connector or wire issue there. I'm not sure where to start, but I will try those two plugs. They are super hard to disconnect!

Thanks so much for your help, PhBooms. At this point, I'm 50% hopeful I might get to play some serious pinball with my brother this weekend. It would mean a lot to our relationship.

#4782 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi,
I'm afraid you're right--it thinks there is a ball in trough slot #18, all of the time. So I have a connector or wire issue there. I'm not sure where to start, but I will try those two plugs. They are super hard to disconnect!
Thanks so much for your help, PhBooms. At this point, I'm 50% hopeful I might get to play some serious pinball with my brother this weekend. It would mean a lot to our relationship.

I'm not sure TWD is a game to bring people closer... without tweaking or lane extenders, etc there is bound to be more frustration and cursing than brotherly love. I'm kidding but only a little... there might be better activities for family time.
Have some fun no matter what you do though...

#4783 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Like 95% of trough issues are simply reseating connectors.

#4784 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Tried the 90 degree magnet fix and it's still draining too much off the prison But thanks to the thread, my walker head is nice and sensitive.

Next step is to buy a new magnet core. That's what John Borg told me when I said I was still getting drains off the magnet after rotating it. I haven't bought a new one yet, but worth a shot as they are on pinball life and I think pretty cheap.

#4785 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Confirm you have the correct number of balls in the game. I had the exact issue and I had too many in the game even though I could have sworn I had the right amount.

#4786 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Next step is to buy a new magnet core. That's what John Borg told me when I said I was still getting drains off the magnet after rotating it. I haven't bought a new one yet, but worth a shot as they are on pinball life and I think pretty cheap.

What would changing out a magnet core do? Isn't just a metal post?

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What would changing out a magnet core do? Isn't just a metal post?

I don't know. But what else is there to try? I'm out of ideas.

#4788 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi,

check if your upper pop bumper is working and report back. those 2 plugs are for the opto and you seem to have a rollover issue. its either a wire got torn off during your mod install or your last rollover in trough went bad or the rollovers arm needs adjusted up so its not engaged all the time.

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I was wondering what happened. Frustrating. It's just not an issue on TWD machines I've played. Many people do have a slight side to side angle, of 0.1-0.2 degrees or so. Consider calling up Stern and see what they have to say. It wouldn't hurt.

#4790 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I was wondering what happened. Frustrating. It's just not an issue on TWD machines I've played. Many people do have a slight side to side angle, of 0.1-0.2 degrees or so. Consider calling up Stern and see what they have to say. It wouldn't hurt.

I already talked to them. Their suggestions are the turn and the replacement.

#4791 6 years ago

If he calls, they may work with him, offer a swap, etc.

#4792 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

If he calls, they may work with him, offer a swap, etc.

Oh good point.

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Try hitting a flipper button a few times when the crowbar scene comes up on the prison magnet. Another option is to rotate the magnet assembly 90 degrees (not 180).
Watch the ball entry from the side. There may be some minor adjustment needed to remove interference. The crossbow mod has been known to interfere as well.
GL and enjoy an awesome game.

Can someone explain the "rotate the magnet" part? I'm assuming it's the coil I want to rotate? It looks like I need to remove the magnet to allow it to rotate?

My coil has very short wires that I can't get to rotate under the bracket.

#4794 6 years ago

Can someone explain the "rotate the magnet" part? I'm assuming it's the coil I want to rotate? It looks like I need to remove the magnet to allow it to rotate?
My coil has very short wires that I can't get to rotate under the bracket.

The magnet core should be able to rotate. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help#post-2917682

#4795 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Ok I have made 8 of these railroad crossing lighted mods with a Terminus map underneath. Easy to install in 5 minutes, no soldering required. I will send you a link with a video on installation. They come with a 30 day money back warranty and a 6 month repair or replace warranty if they break or stop working FOR ANY REASON (minus shipping). They are 54.95 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. I know they are pricey, but they took a long time to make. I probably am not going to make anymore so get them while they last! Here is a link with them in action.
» YouTube video
email me at [email protected] if interested.

Hey Joe, thanks again i am so glad i bought this, it looks awesome, i love interactives mods and mostly the ones that just fits in like it was supposed to be there from the start !!!

#4796 6 years ago

I swung the coil around the core and as expected it did nothing. It's just some wound wire and I also rotated the core itself and it didn't do anything as it's just a steel plug. Neither of these should affect the "direction" of the magnet's pull in any case. The ones that fling it well do it by pulsing the magnet and gravity.

What IS different is the amount of "engagement" with the magnet and the flippers as you interrupt it. The Pro I've played on location really feels like you get full control of the ball briefly with the flippers... to the point you can fling it backwards and get a free hit on the prison.

On my Prem it simply seems to disengage the magnet... often simply allowing it to drain down through the middle. There's no sense of having that temporary grip on the ball or the ability to pulse it like the Pro I've played. Not sure what I can be done to change this. I don't want to change the side to side level of the machine as I get almost zero drains from the pops. And I know on this title that's a good thing.

#4797 6 years ago

ahhh fudge...

#4798 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Not sure what I can be done to change this. I don't want to change the side to side level of the machine as I get almost zero drains from the pops. And I know on this title that's a good thing.

Disable the magnet? I know it sucks disabling a main feature in a pin, but sometimes it needs to be done. I had an X-Men and Wolverine would drop the ball SDTM every time so I disabled the magnet. No more SDTM drops.

#4799 6 years ago

I just nudge the machine right before it drops from magnet. It always releases at the same time so you should know when the dmd sequence ends right before the drop. All it takes is a little nudge

#4800 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Disable the magnet? I know it sucks disabling a main feature in a pin, but sometimes it needs to be done. I had an X-Men and Wolverine would drop the ball SDTM every time so I disabled the magnet. No more SDTM drops.

I'd loosen up the tilt a little before disabling the magnet. A good nudge will save a SDTM drop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.