IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 237.
#4701 6 years ago

Man I have owned twdle since it came out and now I'm finally starting to play it (ST was my main game). Damn this game is fun. I'm really starting to understand ball control from it. Every week I'm getting further and further. I heard lots of rumblings about the crossbow early on. But I'm really digging it. Makes it challenging and rewarding nailing those shots.

I'm still not cool with sdtm drains from the magnets or outlane drains from the slings. But damn the game is so awesome to play

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember you only need six multikills to ge to horde. There's about 20 available in the game to collect. Choose the easiest 6. I listed what I thought were the easiest six.

I think you can also get a multikill from completing the fish tank a certain number of times. This is another easy, low risk shot.

#4703 6 years ago

Has anyone colorized their weapons icon leds on a premium/Le? I see there is a large board under the inserts so I am not sure if there is another board underneath that?

#4704 6 years ago

You can just install "color filter" betwen the LED and the insert , i make on a GB , it's nice , I use this part : http://www.exacompta.com/Intercalaires-PP-transparent-couleurs-avec-porte-etiquette-A4-12-positions--Ref-3912E

#4705 6 years ago

Guys Im new to pinball and got an LE on the way. It had only 300 plays, and looked in mint condition, no mods. Anything I should do when I first get it..anything I should change right away? Some video mentioned something about adding some more support under a ramp or something.
Thanks

#4706 6 years ago

Bought a TW Premium in February. It quickly became my favorite pinball machine... and I have never seen one episode of the show. Love the zombie theme, music/sounds, dots, and especially the rules and gameplay. Every shot seems so satisfying to me and I love the mix of traditional pinball and gimmicks/toys. This one will be in my collection for a long time.

Quick question, though... does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite? I picked up a pro translite and trim, but have been unable to find out if anyone sells the precut plexi. I'd like to be able to interchange the premium and pro translites easily without taking them apart.

#4707 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Bought a TW Premium in February. It quickly became my favorite pinball machine... and I have never seen one episode of the show. Love the zombie theme, music/sounds, dots, and especially the rules and gameplay. Every shot seems so satisfying to me and I love the mix of traditional pinball and gimmicks/toys. This one will be in my collection for a long time.
Quick question, though... does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite? I picked up a pro translite and trim, but have been unable to find out if anyone sells the precut plexi. I'd like to be able to interchange the premium and pro translites easily without taking them apart.

Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I was looking for the same recently and Pinball Decals, Inc. (PDI) offers a non-glare version, but it is currently out of stock.

#4708 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys Im new to pinball and got an LE on the way. It had only 300 plays, and looked in mint condition, no mods. Anything I should do when I first get it..anything I should change right away? Some video mentioned something about adding some more support under a ramp or something.
Thanks

I picked up the ramp protection mod from Marco Pinball just for the pads that go under the ramp (didn't use the other parts).

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6942-00

I made a couple little custom black stickers to put on the playfield where the ramp screws touch the playfield. Works for me and isn't noticeable.

I tried the Cliffy protector but didn't like how it covered up a lot of the art around the ramp.

The only other mod I would recommend is Pinball Refinery's Bicycle Girl lighting mod. It's hard to see the bash toy so lighting it up was a nice idea.

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/08-7463
Marco sells the glass, they probably have plexiglass if that's what came with it and can tell you the part number.

#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/08-7463
Marco sells the glass, they probably have plexiglass if that's what came with it and can tell you the part number.

Yeah, I have seen that glass there for a while. But great idea... I will call them and see if there is a part number for the plexi. Never thought of that. Thanks!

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

You can just install "color filter" betwen the LED and the insert , i make on a GB , it's nice , I use this part : http://www.exacompta.com/Intercalaires-PP-transparent-couleurs-avec-porte-etiquette-A4-12-positions--Ref-3912E

How did you get them to stay in place?

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Quick question, though... does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite?

FYI - The translite glass is made of glass - not plexi.

#4713 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - The translite glass is made of glass - not plexi.

Interesting. I could have sworn they were a plexi material. I'll have to take a closer look at the Marco glass then. Thanks!

#4714 6 years ago

Finally a member! I got my TWD Prem home last night and it's a blast. The thing is loaded including a ColorDMD. The previous owner had it pretty dialed in so it wasn't getting cheap SDTMs, but I think the move and trying to re-level it, screwed a few things up. I'm getting SDTMs from the prison magnet. It flies down with such force that it basically throws it into the drain, with almost no chance to nudge and save it. The threads I read said to offset the machine slightly to one side. I did that, but it comes down with such force that it didn't help. Any ideas?

Also, the ball takes a while to get settled in the crossbow and it won't fire on the first pass as the ball hasn't registered being in there yet. I'm set at about 7 degrees so it's pretty steep so lack of gravity shouldn't be the culprit. Any thoughts?

Thanks all! Ready to mess up some walkers...

#4715 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Finally a member! I got my TWD Prem home last night and it's a blast. The thing is loaded including a ColorDMD. The previous owner had it pretty dialed in so it wasn't getting cheap SDTMs, but I think the move and trying to re-level it, screwed a few things up. I'm getting SDTMs from the prison magnet. It flies down with such force that it basically throws it into the drain, with almost no chance to nudge and save it. The threads I read said to offset the machine slightly to one side. I did that, but it comes down with such force that it didn't help. Any ideas?
Also, the ball takes a while to get settled in the crossbow and it won't fire on the first pass as the ball hasn't registered being in there yet. I'm set at about 7 degrees so it's pretty steep so lack of gravity shouldn't be the culprit. Any thoughts?
Thanks all! Ready to mess up some walkers...

Try hitting a flipper button a few times when the crowbar scene comes up on the prison magnet. Another option is to rotate the magnet assembly 90 degrees (not 180).

Watch the ball entry from the side. There may be some minor adjustment needed to remove interference. The crossbow mod has been known to interfere as well.

GL and enjoy an awesome game.

#4716 6 years ago

Does anyone here have a pro with the premium fish tank translite?
Wanted to see if it they look good together.

#4717 6 years ago

I went to staples and purchased some Avery transparent dividers to use as gels for the weapon inserts. They didn't seem to provide enough tint. It would be cool if someone designed a colored transparent plate that bolts unders the inserts and above the board. I am surprise mezel or other popular modders never came out with something like that. I hate the fact stern uses these damn led boards on the premium/LE. White is so boring.

#4718 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I went to staples and purchased some Avery transparent dividers to use as gels for the weapon inserts. They didn't seem to provide enough tint. It would be cool if someone designed a colored transparent plate that bolts unders the inserts and above the board. I am surprise mezel or other popular modders never came out with something like that. I hate the fact stern uses these damn led boards on the premium/LE. White is so boring.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9PMGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I got this and it makes the inserts nice and red... in fact all the colors worked but blue didn't seem to fit in with the theme so I think I just colorized Bloodbath, Horde and a few others. I think I did some small ones with green too. I may have done the weapons too... I need to go look as it's been a while.

Worked pretty well in fact. Mine is the Premium if that matters... not sure if the inserts are colored differently on the pro.

White IS boring.

#4719 6 years ago

posting fail... nothing to see here folks.

#4720 6 years ago

Hi guys. I can't find the answer here or with a google search...
On my TWD Prem I am unable to earn an extra ball during well walker multi-ball. The ball rolls through the extra ball/woodbury lane (with the extra ball light lit) but no extra ball is awarded. It works fine during normal play and during prison multi-ball but not in well walker. Have any of you seen this problem? I'm guessing this is a coding problem.
Thanks
Junky

#4721 6 years ago

No coding problem, as long as ball save is active, you cannot shoot the extra ball in multiball. Only when the ball saver is out.

#4722 6 years ago

I would assume the coding "problem" would be no way of reliably determining if that switch was activated by a ball going up or down the shooter lane when multiple balls are in play. Thus you can shoot the extra ball with Ball Save on during single ball play.

#4723 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I would assume the coding "problem" would be no way of reliably determining if that switch was activated by a ball going up or down the shooter lane when multiple balls are in play. Thus you can shoot the extra ball with Ball Save on during single ball play.

You'd think that would be easy to get around since there are two switch in the shooter lane. One right below the Extra ball shot that would get triggered first and the one at the trough eject that would be triggered second. If it was a ball being launched, it would be the other way around.

#4724 6 years ago

I'm selling an awesome topper for TWD by PinballToppers.com. Let me know if you're interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50896

topper (resized).jpgtopper (resized).jpg

#4725 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You'd think that would be easy to get around since there are two switch in the shooter lane. One right below the Extra ball shot that would get triggered first and the one at the trough eject that would be triggered second. If it was a ball being launched, it would be the other way around.

It is probably done the current way because of this reason:

Multiball and ball saver has the possibility to launch a ball when another ball is right in front of the gate in the popbumpers. If the launched ball would hit another ball at the exit and so not fully exit the shooter lane... it would roll back. This way the game cannot know this happened, or you shot the woodburry shot yourself. So I think it is solved correctly

#4726 6 years ago

Got my Walking Dead LE today. Wheeled it from the garage to my walk out basement and set it up by myself, pretty proud of myself. I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my Walking Dead LE today. Wheeled it from the garage to my walk out basement and set it up by myself, pretty proud of myself. I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

Yep. Enjoy!

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yup. I'd turn it off and at least it's less ear damaging than the traditional Bally/WMS coil knockers.

#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don't think I will every buy a used pinball again.. it smells so bad like cat poop. Anyways, my MMR LE makes a very loud knock with free ball and credit etc, its awesome. The walking dead makes this weird sound from the speakers.. is that it?? Thats the knock?

Did cats shit in your game? That'd do it.

Speaking of shit: that's the noise Stern knockers make. You can turn them down a little.

#4730 6 years ago

Man thats sucks.. I like coil knockers. This pinball doesn't feel as well built as my MMR LE. Im kind of disappointed, who is this annoying voice actor and why he is he telling me that "bicycle girl is lit". What an annoying voice.
Im like shut up.

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man thats sucks.. I like coil knockers. This pinball doesn't feel as well built as my MMR LE. Im kind of disappointed, who is this annoying voice actor and why he is he telling me that "bicycle girl is lit". What an annoying voice.
Im like shut up.

Haha. Why did you buy a game you don't like?

#4732 6 years ago

Yeah I

Quoted from chuckwurt:Haha. Why did you buy a game you don't like?

Yeah I think I made a mistake. Oh well, I got simpson pinball party coming tomm. Isn't it possible to change the voice call outs or something, some mod?

#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah I

Yeah I think I made a mistake. Oh well, I got simpson pinball party coming tomm. Isn't it possible to change the voice call outs or something, some mod?

Yeah I think someone did that. Not sure where the link is.

#4734 6 years ago

Yeah there's only about 5 or 6 complete sound packages that people have made for this game. It's all in this thread and in it's own TWD sound "swap" thread.

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my Walking Dead LE today. ... it smells so bad like cat poop.

IMG_3505 (resized).PNGIMG_3505 (resized).PNG

#4736 6 years ago

Im just airing it out. I hope it goes away with time, maybe I need to really clean the inside with some cleaning agent. I got my Simpsons P inball Party this am.. amazing game! Love it!

#4737 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Interesting. I could have sworn they were a plexi material. I'll have to take a closer look at the Marco glass then. Thanks!

Picked up the correct glass and trim from Marco along with a Pro translite. I love it!

Also picked up the fishtank topper and a ColorDMD (LED). Those should be here later today.

#4738 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Isn't it possible to change the voice call outs or something, some mod?

Quoted from Manic:

Yeah there's only about 5 or 6 complete sound packages that people have made for this game. It's all in this thread and in it's own TWD sound "swap" thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

#4739 6 years ago

Any idea why my Arena and Tunnel arrows flash in multicolor? The others don't do that.

Sorry for the crap quality. Could the previous owner have put the wrong bulbs in there, are they supposed to do that, or do I have other issues?

#4740 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Any idea why my Arena and Tunnel arrows flash in multicolor? The others don't do that.
» YouTube video
Sorry for the crap quality. Could the previous owner have put the wrong bulbs in there, are they supposed to do that, or do I have other issues?

You have a loose connector underneath the playfield. Lift the playfield up and it will be on the left side inbetween the left flipper and the left ramp. Small little guy. Push it in tight. I added a zip tie to mine to hold the connector to the board tight or it will keep wiggling loose.

#4741 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have a loose connector underneath the playfield. Lift the playfield up and it will be on the left side inbetween the left flipper and the left ramp. Small little guy. Push it in tight. I added a zip tie to mine to hold the connector to the board tight or it will keep wiggling loose.

You're a lifesaver, thanks! It looked visibly connected but once I took it out and re-seated it, problem solved. I think some of my GI was out too. Thanks again!

#4742 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

You're a lifesaver, thanks! It looked visibly connected but once I took it out and re-seated it, problem solved. I think some of my GI was out too. Thanks again!

No problem. Hopefully it doesn't wiggle loose again. Mine kept doing it, so I have to take extra steps to secure it better.

#4743 6 years ago

Getting my TWD Pro in a week if all goes well. It's got to make a 4 hr trip home after i pick it up but it'll be worth it. I've been wanting one since I played it on location about a year ago. Can't wait! Ordered Pinbits plastic protectors for it and it already has the latest sound package update. Anything else I should pick up? It is mostly stock. Might be speaker grill inserts installed.

This will also be my first modern era Stern. Anything I need to know about these things in general? Im mostly familiar with WPC era games.

#4744 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anything else I should pick up? It is mostly stock.

mylar. I made a large template covering my entire prison magnet area (up to the doors/stand up targets, and down to the 'prison' letters.) I had a distributor tell me he had his like this, after i had covered only the area around the the magnet itself. Also, a small piece to cover the shooter lane ball feed area. Other than that, it starts to get expensive for other 'needs'.

#4745 6 years ago

Ok I have made 8 of these railroad crossing lighted mods with a Terminus map underneath. Easy to install in 5 minutes, no soldering required. I will send you a link with a video on installation. They come with a 30 day money back warranty and a 6 month repair or replace warranty if they break or stop working FOR ANY REASON (minus shipping). They are 54.95 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. I know they are pricey, but they took a long time to make. I probably am not going to make anymore so get them while they last! Here is a link with them in action.

email me at [email protected] if interested.

rr (resized).pngrr (resized).png

20170701_203648 (resized).jpg20170701_203648 (resized).jpg

20170701_204200 (1) (resized).jpg20170701_204200 (1) (resized).jpg

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Ok I have made 8 of these railroad crossing lighted mods with a Terminus map underneath. Easy to install in 5 minutes, no soldering required. I will send you a link with a video on installation. They come with a 30 day money back warranty and a 6 month repair or replace warranty if they break or stop working FOR ANY REASON (minus shipping). They are 54.95 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. I know they are pricey, but they took a long time to make. I probably am not going to make anymore so get them while they last! Here is a link with them in action.
» YouTube video
email me at [email protected] if interested.

You might want to edit this post. The pic is tiny and doesn't zoom and the YT video is private.

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You might want to edit this post. The pic is tiny and doesn't zoom and the YT video is private.

Agreed, I have damn good vision and I cant really see the mod itself in the vid or the photo above, would be nice to be able to see the detail you have put into the mod.

#4748 6 years ago

ok sorry, video fixed high power pic included!

#4749 6 years ago

I just got done adding a bunch more mods and gels to my pin.

#4750 6 years ago

Anyone provide some guidance on how to adjust the sensitivity of the prison head behind the doors? If I don't hit him hard he doesn't register.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/95?hl=scott2dot0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.