IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 237.
#4651 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

A super fast clean shot thru tunnel strikes fear into the hearts of men... do I flail? Do I try to let it bounce? Just close your eyes and hold your breath lol

Live catch or a drop catch will do the trick... now only if I could do that...

#4652 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Live catch or a drop catch will do the trick... now only if I could do that...

I can- but not on this kind of speed. I can catch an arrow but not a bullet.

#4653 6 years ago

Just set up my NIB TWD Pro on code 1.56 and played a few games.

Is the skill shot that involves the rollovers not included on the Pro?

I don't see the option to select the rollover to attempt to hit at the start of a ball.

#4654 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Just set up my NIB TWD Pro on code 1.56 and played a few games.
Is the skill shot that involves the rollovers not included on the Pro?
I don't see the option to select the rollover to attempt to hit at the start of a ball.

That's not how the skill shot works. You have to roll over the star rollovers as they both light then have the ball go through the flashing lane. You can change the lane that's flashing though.

Woodbury however, works exactly how you describe.

#4655 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's not how the skill shot works. You have to roll over the star rollovers as they both light then have the ball go through the flashing lane. You can change the lane that's flashing though.

Hmm. Ok. Thought I watched video of people 'selecting' the skill shot on the DMD before plunging. Maybe I dreamed it.

#4656 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Hmm. Ok. Thought I watched video of people 'selecting' the skill shot on the DMD before plunging. Maybe I dreamed it.

That is Woodberry shot after you collect 3 heads

#4657 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hitting Tower is also part of the skill shot.

#4658 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Hitting Tower is also part of the skill shot.

Not since original code.

#4659 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not since original code.

I stand corrected, my bad.

#4660 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

I stand corrected, my bad.

No worries. I actually miss that part of the skill shot.

#4661 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I learn something new about this game everyday...ive owned it for 2 months and I am still trying to figure out the different shots and rules! Thanks!

#4662 6 years ago

Question for the group... the lower rollover is only registering maybe 10% of the time. Basically whenever the ball is going very slowly. Works great for Woodbury, but makes it very difficult to hit the skill shots on plunge, especially on later balls where you have to zing it up there. Upper rollover registers just fine even with a quick ball, just not the lower. I'm out of town and haven't looked under the playfield yet, but is this a switch adjustment or something else? Any advice is appreciated.

#4663 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Question for the group... the lower rollover is only registering maybe 10% of the time. Basically whenever the ball is going very slowly. Works great for Woodbury, but makes it very difficult to hit the skill shots on plunge, especially on later balls where you have to zing it up there. Upper rollover registers just fine even with a quick ball, just not the lower. I'm out of town and haven't looked under the playfield yet, but is this a switch adjustment or something else? Any advice is appreciated.

I would assume a switch adjustment. Put the game in switch test mode test it and see if it's registering every time or not. If it isn't it may just need adjusted a little or could even be a loose wire. I had a loose wire on my GOT from the factory. It wasn't soldered good.

#4664 6 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I learn something new about this game everyday...ive owned it for 2 months and I am still trying to figure out the different shots and rules! Thanks!

Enjoy. It's a great game with a lot of depth, both interesting and rewarding.

#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the blood armor looks awful, but that's just me. Looks way out of place and tacky.

I think the blood armor matches the theme very well and looks good!

25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg25eb65afa2aa4f3a78d67d6bd738e241713ffdba (resized).jpg

#4666 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I think the blood armor matches the theme very well and looks good!

Yeah especially on the LE I don't like it. The stock armor is amazing!!

#4667 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah especially on the LE I don't like it. The stock armor is amazing!!

#4668 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Thanks for this rundown.
I've been playing my Premium for a little over a month, and have made it to Horde 5 times. Haven't reached Siege or Terminus and certainly not LMS. I haven't fully understood the rules yet though, so gracias.
Tough pin but it's just interesting every time.

Ahhhh yes. Good to see new people to TWD are just starting the journey!

One of the greatest journey's ever. I've been to LMS more times than Seige.

Took me a long time to put it all together.

#4669 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahhhh yes. Good to see new people to TWD are just starting the journey!
One of the greatest journey's ever. I've been to LMS more times than Seige.
Took me a long time to put it all together.

Yeah, loving this game. Easily the best out of the 3 I own. It's so deep and challenging that I can't imagine getting bored of it.

#4670 6 years ago

Hi guys.

I have a TWD Prem with the bad ass KPG audio and I love it.
Yesterday I had a strange change. Normally at the end of a game Rick says his "we all know this is not gonna end well...." speech and then the background TWD music continues to play out. Now as of yesterday as soon as Rick finishes his last word in the quote all of the audio stops. No more music. It's not a huge deal but it's definitely a change. Do any if you know why this happened?

On a side note, I just installed an external subwoofer (that sounds awesome). I really don't see how this could have anything to do with the audio ending after the quote but that's the only recent change I've made.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Junky

#4671 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys.
I have a TWD Prem with the bad ass KPG audio and I love it.
Yesterday I had a strange change. Normally at the end of a game Rick says his "we all know this is not gonna end well...." speech and then the background TWD music continues to play out. Now as of yesterday as soon as Rick finishes his last word in the quote all of the audio stops. No more music. It's not a huge deal but it's definitely a change. Do any if you know why this happened?
On a side note, I just installed an external subwoofer (that sounds awesome). I really don't see how this could have anything to do with the audio ending after the quote but that's the only recent change I've made.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Junky

Maybe try re-installing the firmware and see if that helps?

#4672 6 years ago

Finally noticed the "pants" on the well walker are starting to chip on my game. What are popular fixes?

Had the game since last fall and made it to horde once. LMS seems impossible and I feel like I've been close to siege but who knows. Terminus is always a mission away. Hard game but I love it.

#4673 6 years ago

Knew I'd find it somewhere.
Screenshots from a video recording all the different high scores awarded the first time I completed LMS.
Notice how it just knocks over 4Billion off my score and just awards me 4pts.

Screenshot_20170614-143410 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170614-143410 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170614-143359 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170614-143359 (resized).png

#4674 6 years ago

I'm late to the party, but got a NIB pro this week.

First thing I did was tone down all the cool white bulbs... put ww frosted in the GI and sunlight for the clear inserts. Has anyone changed out the flasher bulbs in the prison? I'm wondering if the roof or back panel is the way to go.

#4675 6 years ago

Had my first billion point game last night on my Pro, what a rush! Ended up with 1.5B and set almost every personal high score record, including a Horde of 480M. It's pretty cool watching all of those new high scores get locked in, one after another, once you enter your initials.

Apologies to my two opponents who had to stand around and watch haha.

#4676 6 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm late to the party, but got a NIB pro this week.
First thing I did was tone down all the cool white bulbs... put ww frosted in the GI and sunlight for the clear inserts. Has anyone changed out the flasher bulbs in the prison? I'm wondering if the roof or back panel is the way to go.

Congrats, I just rejoined the club last week too. Picked up a nice used one with color dmd, Stern blood spatter armor and some other stuff. Glad to be back in the club.

I just took the roof off of mine. I took out the four screws on the corners of the roof, very simple. I'm also in the process of changing out the G.I. leds to warm white and red. I'm trying to mimic the premium/LE.

#4677 6 years ago

Having a high percentage of SDTM on exits from the pops on my NIB Pro.

I see a lot of posts from folks who have put a thicker post sleeve there to correct the issue, but I haven't found one that lists the size to get.

Looking on PinballLife (since I want to order some bulbs) and was hoping someone could tell me which sleeve to get/try.

#4679 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I see a lot of posts from folks who have put a thicker post sleeve there to correct the issue, but I haven't found one that lists the size to get.
Looking on PinballLife (since I want to order some bulbs) and was hoping someone could tell me which sleeve to get/try.

Are you nudging the game to bounce it off that feed? That's the best way to combat it imo. Adding that fat post rubber can send the ball wild and towards the left outlane or directly into the left sling in my experience.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=72

#4680 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you nudging the game to bounce it off that feed? That's the best way to combat it imo. Adding that fat post rubber can send the ball wild and towards the left outlane or directly into the left sling in my experience.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=72

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on whether to attempt to 'fix' it.

I'm not the world's most physical player, and my pins are so close together, I'm afraid to get too physical.

I may just live with it as part of the game's unique charm and difficulty.

#4681 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I'm not the world's most physical player, and my pins are so close together, I'm afraid to get too physical.

Yeah if you want to become a better nudger, TWD is amazing for that. Always be nudging with this one. But yeah if that's not your cup of tea, those bigger sleeves will do the trick, but may introduce other annoyances. Happy tinkering!

#4682 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Twd used to kick my Ass but not so much now , i learned to be à Professional Nudger with this game

Dawm I love this game ... The interactive of the Dmd and the game shots is the best ever !

#4683 6 years ago

I find that SIEGE is too hard to launch
I lowered the number of blow ...
How is your game set for SIEGE?

#4684 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I find that SIEGE is too hard to launch
I lowered the number of blow ...
How is your game set for SIEGE?

24 shots. 12 jackpots. Hit a blue shot is one jackpot. Relight at the prison and hit another blue shot. That's 2 jackpots. Get 12, siege starts. Carries over if you get to prision MB again.

#4685 6 years ago

On factory settings, I've only started Siege once in all the years I've owned the game.

#4686 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On factory settings, I've only started Siege once in all the years I've owned the game.

Mine is set to factory and after owning it for about a year and a half, I've made Siege and LMS zero times each. I've been temped to lower the standards so they feel possible. I can reach horde and Terminus occasionally, but just can't bring myself to it (lower the difficulty) as it would kill my bragging rights. I have changed my strategy a little recently to focus more on the prison so that maybe I can get a couple of cracks at prison mulitiball in a few games and maybe rack up the required jackpots.

This game is a punch in the nuts in terms of difficulty, but it does have that reply factor that keeps you trying.

#4687 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine is set to factory and after owning it for about a year and a half, I've made Siege and LMS zero times each. I've been temped to lower the standards so they feel possible. I can reach horde and Terminus occasionally, but just can't bring myself to it as it would kill my bragging rights. I have changed my strategy a little recently to focus more on the prison so that maybe I can get a couple of cracks at prison mulitiball in a few games and maybe rack up the required jackpots.
This game is a punch in the nuts in terms of difficulty, but it does have that reply factor that keeps you trying.

A strategy i use to concentrate on getting Siege: never stack bloodbath and well walker .. blood bath either should be started within prison or used to advance to prison multiball ..

#4688 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

A strategy i use to concentrate on getting Siege: never stack bloodbath and well walker .. blood bath either should be started within prison or used to advance to prison multiball ..

I try to do that as well though it still does not yield me enough jackpots. The problem I have is getting prison multiball going twice in one game. I think that is going to be key to getting Seige for a poor shooter like myself.

#4689 6 years ago

I'm getting to horde daily in my new pro, full factory settings- and I can't even sniff Seige (yet at least).

#4690 6 years ago

Selling my gameroom sign/topper for TWD. This is a full size acrylic sign that is about 24" wide by 12"tall. It was conceived by a famous guy in the mod scene - he was going to put these into production but didn't. I bought it from him at a show a couple years ago. Looking for $100 shipped.

Thanks!

20170615_191700.jpg20170615_191700.jpg

#4691 6 years ago

Been to LMS 3 times. Two of those times I came close to beating it. I have never come close to siege. Once I defeat LMS I will adjust my strategy to get to Siege. Then after Siege is defeated, go for insane scoring one-time multiplier shots.

#4692 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm getting to horde daily in my new pro, full factory settings- and I can't even sniff Seige (yet at least).

What's the best strategy to get to Horde mode? I've only been there like twice.

#4693 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Three bicycle girl shots. Three barn shots. Three CDC shots. Two riot shots. Three arena shots. Hits lots of drops down. Or doing well in prision or well walker multiball.

#4694 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Try installing a flipper rubber on the wireform at the exit of the pops. I very rarely get a SDTM from my pops now. Plus it doesn't make the Tunnel shot harder like a wider rubber on the ramp post does.

IMG_1539.JPGIMG_1539.JPG

#4695 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Three bicycle girl shots. Three barn shots. Three CDC shots. Two riot shots. Three arena shots. Hits lots of drops down. Or doing well in prision or well walker multiball.

That's not easy to do! You forgot the tunnel shots also. I think you have to get two of those maybe?

#4696 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty much. Always bicycle girl, always CDC, always barn- and then a misc mix of others, like, for example, I believe my horde weapons usually contain two of these: a "drop target" weapon, well-walker weapon also.

Chuck I think you mean two tunnel shots- riot is too tight and dangerous. Tunnel is too but only on the first shot, after initiating you can spread the love and get the best sound effect in pinball.

#4697 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pretty much. Always bicycle girl, always CDC, always barn- and then a misc mix of others, like, for example, I believe my horde weapons usually contain two of these: a "drop target" weapon, well-walker weapon also.
Chuck I think you mean two tunnel shots- riot is too tight and dangerous. Tunnel is too but only on the first shot, after initiating you can spread the love and get the best sound effect in pinball.

To each their own. I think riot is safer to go for than tunnel. But I love tunnel mode so I always go for that.

#4698 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's not easy to do! You forgot the tunnel shots also. I think you have to get two of those maybe?

No. Remember you only need six multikills to ge to horde. There's about 20 available in the game to collect. Choose the easiest 6. I listed what I thought were the easiest six.

#4699 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Remember you only need six multikills to ge to horde. There's about 20 available in the game to collect. Choose the easiest 6. I listed what I thought were the easiest six.

All other things equal, It varies dramatically by model and build of machine. I was an above average player on my LE; I'm a well above average player on my pro. I'm getting to horde 3-4x as much on my pro and almost never have a dud game.

#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I strongly urge all you guys to go into the settings menu just to see all of the different ways that are listed to earn a multikill.
I didn't realize you could get one from completing sets of targets while in bloodbath, or multiple Woodbury shots... there's a ton of them.

As Chuckwurt has suggested: find the easiest ones for you, and have at er!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.