IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 236.
#4501 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It really bothers some people that the LED doesn't go black like the LCD when off. Seriously.
http://www.colordmd.com/LED_advertisement.jpg

Yeah I have never understand the complaints. Pretty much looks like a DMD to me especially with a tinted/dark gel/screen over it.

#4502 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It really bothers some people that the LED doesn't go black like the LCD when off. Seriously.
http://www.colordmd.com/LED_advertisement.jpg

Not to cause any controversy, but why would anyone else try rationalize someone elses personal preference? It's just that a preference. There may be many folks out there that can't believe it doesn't bother other people.

#4503 6 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Not to cause any controversy, but why would anyone else try rationalize someone elses personal preference?

Because a few people asked, no one had answered them directly (same answer went out as it was typed), and this reason was known and posted before. The adverb was to make sure readers understand that it is literally the reason and answer.

Quoted from bridgeman:

It's just that a preference. There may be many folks out there that can't believe it doesn't bother other people.

Super. At least it's now explained.

#4504 6 years ago

Could someone post a link to the TWD must have mod's topic....thanks

#4505 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Quoted from bridgeman:
Not to cause any controversy, but why would anyone else try rationalize someone elses personal preference?
Because a few people asked, no one had answered them directly (same answer went out as it was typed), and this reason was known and posted before. The adverb was to make sure readers understand that it is literally the reason and answer.

Seriously.

1 week later
#4506 6 years ago

Ok, so this is out there to all TWD owners with a color DMD installed. I love my TWD, and love it even more with the color DMD in it. But I am wondering if there is something wrong with the DMD or the behaviour it is exhibiting is normal. I have attached pics and hope they show what is going on.

On certain shots the DMD appears to show weird colors throughout the display, as seen in the pics. You can see the grey writing has all sorts of colors through it. I dont know if this is normal or not and was hoping others with color DMD's could have a look at theirs for comparison and let me know thanks.

It usually happens on a walker ramp shot, but today I also noticed in on well walker as well. Its almost like the pic is confused as to what colors it needs to display. I haven't been quick enough to get the entire pic, but will try so you can all see the entire effect.

IMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG
IMG_0855 (resized).JPGIMG_0855 (resized).JPG
IMG_0846 (resized).JPGIMG_0846 (resized).JPG
IMG_0856 (resized).JPGIMG_0856 (resized).JPG

IMG_0861 (resized).PNGIMG_0861 (resized).PNG

IMG_0864 (resized).PNGIMG_0864 (resized).PNG

IMG_0865 (resized).PNGIMG_0865 (resized).PNG

IMG_0862 (resized).PNGIMG_0862 (resized).PNG

IMG_0866 (resized).PNGIMG_0866 (resized).PNG

IMG_0863 (resized).PNGIMG_0863 (resized).PNG

#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Ok, so this is out there to all TWD owners with a color DMD installed. I love my TWD, and love it even more with the color DMD in it. But I am wondering if there is something wrong with the DMD or the behaviour it is exhibiting is normal. I have attached pics and hope they show what is going on.
On certain shots the DMD appears to show weird colors throughout the display, as seen in the pics. You can see the grey writing has all sorts of colors through it. I dont know if this is normal or not and was hoping others with color DMD's could have a look at theirs for comparison and let me know thanks.
It usually happens on a walker ramp shot, but today I also noticed in on well walker as well. Its almost like the pic is confused as to what colors it needs to display. I haven't been quick enough to get the entire pic, but will try so you can all see the entire effect.

Definitely not normal! I would try to re-flash the software and try it again. If that doesn't work I'd contact support.

#4508 6 years ago

Try reseating the DMD cable(s). GL

#4509 6 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Ok so after a couple of tips, I reflashed the color DMD and all appears good with the world again. Very strange! Thanks for the replies and tips MikeS and dzoomer

1 week later
#4510 6 years ago

I wanted to post this video of our Walking Dead Premium machine we brought to the Clay's VFW show in Ann Arbor a couple weeks back. This is with the app settings for the Pin Stadium lights set at 100% Red and the white dimmed down to 40% to keep the haunting glow while still illuminating the playfield (notice Aerosmith next to it at 100% brightness) in a dark room at the show. UV+Glow is the flasher feature color connected to the Well Walker when it gets hit. Just in case anyone is wondering where the burst of light is coming from.

#4511 6 years ago

I really liked this machine. My wife was wondering why I was playing it when I had it (PRO) at home. Got my high score on it at 278M.

Bicycle girl ramp seems steeper on the LE/PREM. Is that the case or just my imagination? Plus I totally wasted the walker bombs I think. Button was lit so I was hitting it.

#4512 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I really liked this machine. My wife was wondering why I was playing it when I had it (PRO) at home. Got my high score on it at 278M.
Bicycle girl ramp seems steeper on the LE/PREM. Is that the case or just my imagination? Plus I totally wasted the walker bombs I think. Button was lit so I was hitting it.

Yes the ramp is steeper.

Yeah don't use the walker bombs unless your one hit away from a multiball or about to hit a big jackpot. Green is well walker. Blue is prison.

#4513 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Bicycle girl ramp seems steeper on the LE/PREM. Is that the case or just my imagination?

Yes it's steeper on the Premium/LE. That is how the "ramp flap extender" mod fixes the smoothness of the ramp - by extending the ramp, it becomes less steep, just like the TWD Pro ramp.

#4514 6 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

These are examples of the detection breaking momentarily. It's nothing wrong with the display, or the flash of the code - it's just bugs in the work I did.

The single kills animations are a massive complicated mess, and it's possible you're just running into places where things happen that break the detection, because it's combinations of things I didn't have in my captures. Should only be for a single frame if it happens. The solid red-flash frames are doing what they should just fine - that's the way the art is (bright background flash).

The Dangling meat shot is curious though. I don't see anything about that particular frame that shouldn't detect properly. Could be a typo in one of the hex strings that triggers the detection for that scene that only shows up if that particular back wall bricks frame is the first one you see.

EDIT: Oh, I originally missed the later post where a re-flash did make it perform better. I'm horribly confused about how it would be functional, but not 100%. Very strange.

#4515 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I am glad you liked the game, I am sure I saw you there playing it. That's a really nice score too!! 278M!

#4516 6 years ago

So who here can find me a link to a .wav file of the Tilt Warning sound for Walking Dead? I'd love to put it as my text message alert on my phone. It has to be a stock alert/warning sound that they used.

/booEEEEEP

#4517 6 years ago

Here's the prison roof I made and here's a link to the .stl for those of you with 3d printers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxmp5P5A-1lAdG9OUzRLcmNvWFE/view?usp=sharing

IMG_20170518_220120~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20170518_220120~2 (resized).jpg

#4518 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

So who here can find me a link to a .wav file of the Tilt Warning sound for Walking Dead? I'd love to put it as my text message alert on my phone. It has to be a stock alert/warning sound that they used.
/booEEEEEP

You can extract it yourself using the Pinball Browser. Many of the people who created custom sound packages could probably tell you exactly where it's located.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

#4519 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can extract it yourself using the Pinball Browser. Many of the people who created custom sound packages could probably tell you exactly where it's located.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

I dont know if you can extract it yet with pinball browser. You used to be able to but the feature went away. I was told the next version would have it...

#4520 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

/booEEEEEP

I can do this for you, just shoot me a pm with your email address.
I have an earlier version of PB that lets you extract sounds.

#4521 6 years ago

I've never played the premium/LE. Can anybody tell me if the flow of the game is that much different between the pro and premium/LE? I played the pro for a couple hours last night and love the flow of the game, but I'm still leaning towards getting the premium just based on what I've read. Can anybody offer up some opinions? Thanks!

#4522 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I've never played the premium/LE. Can anybody tell me if the flow of the game is that much different between the pro and premium/LE? I played the pro for a couple hours last night and love the flow of the game, but I'm still leaning towards getting the premium just based on what I've read. Can anybody offer up some opinions? Thanks!

The only things that change the flow on the prem is that left ramp and crossbow. Bicycle girl is a bash toy instead of just looping the ramp. The crossbow is shot from a mech instead of just using the flippers. Crossbow is definitely cooler if it's working right.

If you do the half dosen adjustments or so to the left ramp, it should be pretty smooth. Get the premium for sure.

#4523 6 years ago

I hit the Woodbury standup target on a premium and the ball kicked back and drained sdtm. I nearly walked away from the game with two balls left. Pro (for me) is the most perfect pinball machine ever coded.

#4524 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

/booEEEEEP

You never PM'd me but here's a link to download the sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t4nibc78tl8fmg/Walking%20Dead%20Tilt%20Sound.wav?dl=0

#4525 6 years ago

Just traded MET Prem for TWD Premium and after a week of trying, FINALLY cracked a high score, which was 400MM+.

Had a hell of a game (for me). Horde is just an amazing mode. I really like the coding, where shots to alternating targets can build up score, then a final specific shot can cash in and end modes. Still have a LOT to learn.

IMG_2852 (resized).JPGIMG_2852 (resized).JPG

#4526 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Just traded MET Prem for TWD Premium and after a week of trying, FINALLY cracked a high score, which was 400MM+.
Had a hell of a game (for me). Horde is just an amazing mode. I really like the coding, where shots to alternating targets can build up score, then a final specific shot can cash in and end modes. Still have a LOT to learn.

Nice game!

#4527 6 years ago

I looked in the key posts for this owners club but didn't see one on the left ramp adjustments. So far the things I remembered are shorter hex post and ramp flap extender. Is there anything else to make a smoother left ramp? I've had my premium for about a week now and really enjoying it. The bicyble girl light from Gnassel is a must.

#4528 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I looked in the key posts for this owners club but didn't see one on the left ramp adjustments. So far the things I remembered are shorter hex post and ramp flap extender. Is there anything else to make a smoother left ramp? I've had my premium for about a week now and really enjoying it. The bicyble girl light from Gnassel is a must.

Those two should do it all.

#4529 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I hit the Woodbury standup target on a premium and the ball kicked back and drained sdtm. I nearly walked away from the game with two balls left. Pro (for me) is the most perfect pinball machine ever coded.

That's never happened to me in 18 months of ownership of my premium. Not even sure how it's possible since it should come back down to right flipper.

#4530 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Curious to know which you prefer in a few weeks time. I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

#4531 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Curious to know which you prefer in a few weeks time. I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

Well, personally I am really enjoying TWD Prem. I don't watch TWD or read the comic. I'm not a "gory movie" fan either, so the theme doesn't appeal to me at all. But the really clever layout and amazing code has me hooked. I played a pro for an hour on location back in January and I put it on my wishlist.

I loved MET Premium too. I bought it NIB and thought it'd never leave. I even had the signed Dirty Donny print hanging next to it. The layout is fun and fast. Like anything, it just got stale over time. With MET you really have to get through a lot of bashing to even progress to a mode. For me, it got a little tiresome of starting multi balls to collect a ton of cross, snake, hammer and Sparky hits to light CIU.

Don't get me wrong, completing a CIU mode, then lighting Double Scoring, then cashing in your CIU is a hell of a rush. Also Seek & Destroy is awesome too. The problem is you just don't have enough games where you experience CIU at all.

When you play a long game on MET, say you make it through a couple of CIU modes, it's hard to push restart. You know it'll take forever to get back there. Tron fills this wood for me.

Still MET for TWD is a fair trade.

#4532 6 years ago

I've got a TWD-LE, the only TWD I could find at the time, and just don't enjoy the theme at all. Had considered a trade offer for MET Prem/LE, even though it may not be as great a coded game, I might just prefer playing it!

I think MET has great code. It's not as complicated or as deep as TWD, but it's very challenging and a ton of fun. If you're not digging TWD, you should definitely give MET a try. They may have been designed and coded by the same people, but the two games couldn't be more different.

#4533 6 years ago

Theme is important for sure.

I prefer MET over TWD theme wise but gameplay better on TWD.

Why?

TWD - there is no chopping wood, it is action/intensity from the first second.

MET - I found the first few minutes a little dull as I was just wanting to start CIU. CIU is totally awesome!

#4534 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I ended up taking the lower ramp flap off completely and dremeled the underneath rivets ends (thanks for others postings) so that they were smooth and flush, then put some adhesive side felt (soft side of Velcro) over them.

It absorbs the shock, stops the playfield wear issue, and also makes for a quiet ramp that is now leveled with the playfield. Then after also loosening the screws on the 2 hex posts up top and moving the ramp section up their around to a good position for the hinge point and tightening them down it plays smooth like butter.

I have seen the ramp extension and others said it has helped but in my case with what I did it was not needed.

I hope this helps you out.

#4535 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

whats the manufacturer date on yours? mine came with the extention ramp kit on it from factory, think my build date is August 2016

#4536 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

whats the manufacturer date on yours? mine came with the extention ramp kit on it from factory, think my build date is August 2016

March 2016. Looks like it has the service bulletin update but that's it.

IMG_0619 (resized).JPGIMG_0619 (resized).JPG

IMG_0621 (resized).JPGIMG_0621 (resized).JPG

#4537 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

March 2016. Looks like it has the service bulletin update but that's it.

Thats what mine looks like, is there more to the extension kit?

#4539 6 years ago

No matter what comes with the game, get the cliffy for the ramp. It raises the ramp slightly and protects the playfield. Makes the sho much smoother.

#4540 6 years ago

This bloody mess crawled into my barcade today.
I'm super stoked!
Junky

20170522_182022.jpg20170522_182022.jpg

#4542 6 years ago

Cheeky TWD ColorDMD rom update released on 18th May:

3.2: (05/18/17) Fixed skill shot replay/extra ball, barn mode bonus, and some other minor bugs.
3.1: (03/22/17) Added support RGB and RBG LED modules.
3.0: (02/09/17) Initial release.

Also an Iron Man update:

3.4: (05/18/17) Corrected contrast on a few isolated video frames.
3.3: (03/22/17) Added support RGB and RBG LED modules.
3.2: (10/30/16) Added support for Chroma LED and LCD boards.
3.1: (11/30/15) Corrected bug that affected contrast for some video frames.
3.0: (11/24/15) Initial release.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I must've missed it.

#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!
Neil.

Really hard to get a feel for it in that video, the dmd capture is very poor.
Any one else have a LED colorDMD in their game they could film?

Also is that video related to Domino records? Neon light looks the same...

#4544 6 years ago

Just got my Premium on Saturday! Build date is May 8th, 2017.....I was surprised to see that. I was expecting it to be from stock that has been sitting around in a warehouse for a while.

Love the game...really fun and challenging. I was a bit worried about everything I've been hearing about the BG ramp but honestly it's pretty smooth and I have no real issues with it right out of the box. It does slightly rattle at times but the flow of the ball is excellent. Not sure how much of a difference the extension mod will do at this point.

Does anyone have a link to where I can get the BG light mod? Are there different ones?

#4545 6 years ago

I'm not here to start another complaint thread, but have they resolved the insert ghosting yet? I'm considering a NIB pro model and wanted to see if anyone had purchased one recently and had issues with the ghosting.

#4546 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

copy and paste this link
http://***********.com/store#!/Prison-Fence-set-for-the-Walking-Dead-for-LE-Pro/p/43575240/category=10465426

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IN THIS POST (#129).

Can someone delete this link? It redirects to a website that attempts to hijack your browser. It looks like pinballrefin**y.com has been jacked.

#4547 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm not here to start another complaint thread, but have they resolved the insert ghosting yet? I'm considering a NIB pro model and wanted to see if anyone had purchased one recently and had issues with the ghosting.

Been playing since Saturday so not a ton of plays but zero ghosting. Looks perfect.

#4548 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Really hard to get a feel for it in that video, the dmd capture is very poor.
Any one else have a LED colorDMD in their game they could film?
Also is that video related to Domino records? Neon light looks the same...

Yes, its not great, and no i just knicked their logo

The LED is hard to film, you lose a lot of detail. Will see if I can use my canon 5D to film it. Have a look on my Youtube page, I have LED one in TWD and in my ToM. https://www.youtube.com/user/neilmcrae1

#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

This bloody mess crawled into my barcade today.
I'm super stoked!
Junky

Where did you get the bloody hand prints, etc? its awesome!

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Where did you get the bloody hand prints, etc? its awesome!

Thanks. I just bought it from another pinsider. He installed these mods. The blood splattered armor is from stern. The bloody handprints under the glass came from amazon.

Junky

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.