Topic Stats

• 8,764 posts
  • 581 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,486 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200116_174106 (resized).jpg
093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg
20200116_143425 (resized).jpg
032 (resized).jpg
009 (resized).jpg
014 (resized).jpg
005 (resized).jpg
013 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
011 (resized).jpg
008 (resized).jpg
024 (resized).jpg
006 (resized).jpg
IMG_3248 (resized).jpg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpg
IMG_3290 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8764 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 176.
#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

You want to get the Bicycle Girl light from Gnassel in Germany. It's the better one with the flickering effect, etc. You can PM him over here.

#4452 2 years ago

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

Cliffy for under the bg ramp. I wouldnt play a single game without it.

#4453 2 years ago

Do you have those available for sale?

Quoted from Lermods:Cliffy for under the bg ramp. I wouldnt play a single game without it.

#4454 2 years ago

Best bang for buck:
the gnassel bicycle girl mod should have been included from the factory. Same for shaker. I also recommend a 8" flipper fidelity system
and my Cleland/NIN/RH music mix or someone else's. Approx $300 and new code from me or another pinsider and you've transformed your game

I'd even get the few listed above before a colorDMD, which is extra impressive for this title.

The rest of mods are typically dress up and lights (which I LOVE personally but get quite expensive).

If you want to see them all in action look at my ended for sale thread of my extremely done up LE.

#4455 2 years ago

Do you have those available for sale?

You can get it at passionforpinball.com

#4456 2 years ago

I second the Cliffy for the BG ramp. After that, shaker and external sub. Everything else is eye candy. IMHO, those three are the only "must haves."

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Best bang for buck:
the gnassel bicycle girl mod should have been included from the factory. Same for shaker. I also recommend a 8" flipper fidelity system
and my Cleland/NIN/RH music mix or someone else's. Approx $300 and new code from me or another pinsider and you've transformed your game
I'd even get the few listed above before a colorDMD, which is extra impressive for this title.
The rest of mods are typically dress up and lights (which I LOVE personally but get quite expensive).
If you want to see them all in action look at my ended for sale thread of my extremely done up LE.

So the Bicycle Girl mod will be included on a NIB Premium? Just want to be sure I'm on the same page. And yes the shaker will be included I know for sure. I was actually speaking with Cleland the other day about potentially making my own music mix. And likely implement his R rated call out mix. What is this flipper fidelity system? Thanks!

#4458 2 years ago

So the Bicycle Girl mod will be included on a NIB Premium? Just want to be sure I'm on the same page. And yes the shaker will be included I know for sure. I was actually speaking with Cleland the other day about potentially making my own music mix. And likely implement his R rated call out mix. What is this flipper fidelity system? Thanks!

No no I'm saying the gnassel (that's his pinside name) bicycle girl mod is so good that Stern should have done it from the factory. Without it there's a significant piece of the premium upsell that never gets well lit.

Google flipper fidelity, it's a replacement 3 piece for the very cheap parts Stern puts in from the factory.

#4459 2 years ago

Congratulations to TWD Prem/LE now being inside the top 20.

As for mods, you can click on the little headshot and see my posts in this topic, which include a list of mods and some pictures. Really happy with them overall. Unfortunately, the crossbow never worked well for me (from mezelmods).

#4460 2 years ago

Anyone ever video the led colordmd?

#4461 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyone ever video the led colordmd?

I should have but don't have it now.

Didn't like how it looks off or on.

Shame as the fit is perfect compared to the LCD.

I went back to HIRES LCD.

#4462 2 years ago

I have a stupid question about the well Walker multi ball.

I save a Well Walker bomb, which I want to use if the ball goes out. This is of course only possible if only one hit is left.
How can I indicate that only one shot is missing?
Sometimes the DMD show me other animation then left hits.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

I have a stupid question about the well Walker multi ball.
I save a Well Walker bomb, which I want to use if the ball goes out. This is of course only possible if only one hit is left.
How can I indicate that only one shot is missing?
Sometimes the DMD show me other animation then left hits.

You can't, just try to keep count in your head.

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You can't, just try to keep count in your head.

Shows on the dmd, but also after hitting the second to last shot the game had an audio cue that you're one shot away. Something like "were getting close"

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shows on the dmd, but also after hitting the second to last shot the game had an audio cue that you're one shot away. Something like "were getting close"

I'm going to have to listen closely for that audio cue! As you mentioned, it is displayed on the DMD, but -only- if the prison yard isn't opened.

If the prison doors are opened, those animations seem to trump the well walker, and I sometimes lose track of how many I have to go. (Which is a super bummer if I have a walker bomb at the ready.)

#4467 2 years ago

It would definitely be helpful if the inserts in front of the well walker strobed or did some other kind of obvious pattern to indicate when you are only one hit away. The well walker flasher could also be used.

#4468 2 years ago

Anyone ever have a delay on their crossbow? Then ball will load...the boom will start moving to the right. I'll try to hit the button to go up the barn ramp and it's delayed. Nothing happens. If I go a bit further towards BGirl, I can make the shot. It just seems to not want to always fire early in the arm moving

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone ever have a delay on their crossbow? Then ball will load...the boom will start moving to the right. I'll try to hit the button to go up the barn ramp and it's delayed. Nothing happens. If I go a bit further towards BGirl, I can make the shot. It just seems to not want to always fire early in the arm moving

I think it's normal. A do a BG or barn shoot on the reverse move.

#4470 2 years ago

I've always tried for shots on the way back. Never on the initial sweep. Never had an issue.

#4471 2 years ago

Ok good to know. Also is there anyway to ensure the coil always goes all the way back? Or will the ball help it back as it's moving? Sometimes I can't get a strong shot because the shooter rod isn't all the way in the coil sleeve

#4472 2 years ago

Ok good to know. Also is there anyway to ensure the coil always goes all the way back? Or will the ball help it back as it's moving? Sometimes I can't get a strong shot because the shooter rod isn't all the way in the coil sleeve

I find that the ball doesn't sit fully in the crossbow until the crossbow has moved across a bit. When the ball is not fully in, the switch is not made, so it will not fire, or it fires softly. You have two choices wait for the crossbow to go past halfway and make your shots then or on the way back. Or you shake the machine a little as the crossbow start to travel and the ball seats fully and you can make the shot anytime.

#4473 2 years ago

Mine did that a couple times early on but now I have it set pretty damn steep and I think that must help the ball settle into the crossbow switch - it's never had that issue again.

#4474 2 years ago

Clean the plastic shaft plunger of the crossbow coil periodically. It reduces friction and let's the shaft sit back into the coil after you've fired. Making the game a touch more steep helps as well as mentioned above.

Also, maybe obvious but will type anyways. If you shoot the crossbow on the way out it gives you a chance to hit a crossbow shot with your flippers, albeit with the chance that the crossbow is in your way visually. I typically shoot for barn or the bg on the way out and then usually have a chance to recover any misses and frantically hit (attempt) another yellow shot while it's still active, there's also a slight grace period of course.

#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I typically shoot for barn or the bg on the way out and then usually have a chance to recover any misses and frantically hit (attempt) another yellow shot while it's still active, there's also a slight grace period of course.

You can still do this if shooting the crossbow on the return trip. The only shot I go for on the initial trip is arena.

#4476 2 years ago

What makes the game decide on an extra ball and how do you get 2x scoring on the PF? At first I thought it was walking kills equated to an extra ball at Woodbury but now it's so random? Sometimes it's 7 walker kills, the. 6...so I'm quite confused.

#4477 2 years ago

Joined the club today, very fun, fast shooting game! Got to Horde once tonight...

twd (resized).jpg

#4478 2 years ago

Is there someone that has Yoyokopter's crossbow mod that could tell me where to connect the alligator clips?

I received my mod but no instructions. (I think he emails them, but I didn't get it and can't get in touch.)

I can figure out how to feed the wires through the mech, but where do I connect the clips for the laser?

I'm dying to install this mod; it looks awesome!!!

#4479 2 years ago

What makes the game decide on an extra ball and how do you get 2x scoring on the PF? At first I thought it was walking kills equated to an extra ball at Woodbury but now it's so random? Sometimes it's 7 walker kills, the. 6...so I'm quite confused.

Walker kills light Extra Ball. It is dynamic so the number of kills required may go up or down. You can fix it at a set number in the adjustments.

2X playfield is started by hitting the two targets at either side of the Prison door. This will then light the Tower target which you hit by shooting the Riot shot. Once you have 2X playfield running you can extend the time by completing the drop targets.

#4480 2 years ago

Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!

Neil.

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

2X playfield is started by hitting the two targets at either side of the Prison door. This will then light the Tower target which you hit by shooting the Riot shot. Once you have 2X playfield running you can extend the time by completing the drop targets.

Almost,

You can increase the length of time 2x playfield runs for by shooting the standups multiple times BEFORE hitting the tower. Once 2x is running you can't extend it.

#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from Hard_Ballin:

Is there someone that has Yoyokopter's crossbow mod that could tell me where to connect the alligator clips?
I received my mod but no instructions. (I think he emails them, but I didn't get it and can't get in touch.)
I can figure out how to feed the wires through the mech, but where do I connect the clips for the laser?
I'm dying to install this mod; it looks awesome!!!

Here you go, they connect to the relay.

20170424_062132 (resized).png

#4483 2 years ago

Thanks MattS
I really appreciate it.
Now to get this thing going and kill some walkers!!!

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Almost,
You can increase the length of time 2x playfield runs for by shooting the standups multiple times BEFORE hitting the tower. Once 2x is running you can't extend it.

You're right Wayne. I was getting mixed up with extending the mode time.

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from Hard_Ballin:

Thanks MattS
I really appreciate it.
Now to get this thing going and kill some walkers!!!

No problem
If you have any issues, pm me your email address and I will send you the full PDF he sent me.

#4486 2 years ago

My TWDLE sold after all. I'm looking for a TWD pro so I can still play the title but not have as much into it- let me know if you know of any. Trying to reinvent myself without having so much invested into *every single* damn game in my collection...

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Shows the LED colorDMD, but the video washes out the colours a lot and there is no flicker just another artefact of the video. It looks epic in my view!
Neil.

I saw LED ColorDMDs in the flesh last Saturday Neil. Seems overly bright to me. Must say I personally prefer the LCD.

#4488 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I saw LED ColorDMDs in the flesh last Saturday Neil. Seems overly bright to me. Must say I personally prefer the LCD.

I have both, and I prefer the LCD as well.

#4489 2 years ago

I have the TWD pro and I've been having a minor issue with the Well Walker. If you hit it hard enough he goes back and his finger gets caught on the sign on the ramp. If you hit again he comes down. I just don't want to break his fingers or the sign. Does the Well Walker need to be tightened ?

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have both, and I prefer the LCD as well.

I put LED in because the fit is just fantastic.

But didn't like the look of it with game switched off and just couldn't adjust the brightness to my satisfaction.

The LCD is a clunky fit but HIRES LCD does look excellent.

I so wanted to love LED but it's LCD for me from now on.

#4491 2 years ago

Really want to buy a TWD premium, but those cabinet issues have me worried. Anyone hear of cabinet splitting on TWD yet?

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I put LED in because the fit is just fantastic.
But didn't like the look of it with game switched off and just couldn't adjust the brightness to my satisfaction.
The LCD is a clunky fit but HIRES LCD does look excellent.
I so wanted to love LED but it's LCD for me from now on.

There is a gel/plastic filter you can buy that darkens the LED a little and makes it look a little better when switched off, maybe check those out I believe they are cheap, may help you love that LED for only a few bucks extra.

#4493 2 years ago

What is the problem with the LED when it is switched off?

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I have the TWD pro and I've been having a minor issue with the Well Walker. If you hit it hard enough he goes back and his finger gets caught on the sign on the ramp. If you hit again he comes down. I just don't want to break his fingers or the sign. Does the Well Walker need to be tightened ?

He is hitting the Crossbow/Fish Tank plastic ? Something is out of line. Either the sign or the Well Walker isn't in the correct position.

#4495 2 years ago

Just picked up an LE. Excited.

#4496 2 years ago

i love the LED!

not sure what the issue is with the machine off!

#4497 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What is the problem with the LED when it is switched off?

Just personal preference. I like the total blackness of the LCD.

#4498 2 years ago

It really bothers some people that the LED doesn't go black like the LCD when off. Seriously.

http://www.colordmd.com/LED_advertisement.jpg

#4499 2 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Funny you should bring this up. My premium just started doing this all of a sudden. Can't find anything wrong that is causing it.

#4500 2 years ago

I had to take him off , the braket was loose causing him to shift over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 8764 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 176.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside