IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 236.
#4401 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

My first thought is the balls are already get magnetized, but after only 100 games? Kind of quick if they are getting magnetized.
The only other thing I can think of is you have a tiny place on the ball trough track that might have a metal burr sticking up that the balls have to roll over, thus you are getting delayed ball counts.
Mike in Kentucky

Well the latest development as of this morning.. played a couple games without issue and then when trying to start a game, no balls ejected to start a game. I tested the coil that puts the ball from the trough into the shooter lane and it works during the test but not outside of that. The machine then went into locating balls mode after I power cycled it and seemed to work for one game. A quick search told me that it may be an opto issue down there. I'll have to dig into it more after work.

I knew there would need to be repairs made but I didn't think they would start on day 2 lol

#4402 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Well the latest development as of this morning.. played a couple games without issue and then when trying to start a game, no balls ejected to start a game. I tested the coil that puts the ball from the trough into the shooter lane and it works during the test but not outside of that. The machine then went into locating balls mode after I power cycled it and seemed to work for one game. A quick search told me that it may be an opto issue down there. I'll have to dig into it more after work.
I knew there would need to be repairs made but I didn't think they would start on day 2 lol

The trough has micro switches not optos. I would seriously check the balls to make sure they aren't magnatized. Take them out and line them up and see if when two are touching if you pull slowly does the other one come with it? Even slightly magnatized, they will not sit in the trough right.

#4403 6 years ago

The ball goes down into the trough but takes a bit before the game realizes the ball has drained.

Go into the Test menu, and test the ball trough switches like real play. Eject a ball, then let it drain and watch the switches.

Most likely one of 2 things:
- leaf switch needs adjusting -> most likely the last one in the trough
- Did you add mylar to protect your drain opening? This frequently doesn't hold, and pops up - causing an obstruction.

#4404 6 years ago

Confirm you have the right number of balls in the game. It's the simplest thing to check first.

#4405 6 years ago

Page 10 in the manual shows the first trough switch is an opto like most other SAM games. This is a common issue with these games. Most times the opto boards either have a loose connector (rarer) or the opto board needs to have the solder reflowed. Try unplugging the small power cable on each side of the opto and reseating it. That may fix it temporarily or you may need to reflow the solder on the boards to fix it for good.

#4406 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Page 10 in the manual shows the first trough switch is an opto like most other SAM games.

It would be a good idea to disconnect and reconnect/reseat the trough connectors too.

#4407 6 years ago

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll check it out after work today and report back.

#4408 6 years ago

So, replaced my magnets fuse. 4A. After 10 games it has blown again.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

#4409 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any ideas why?
Thanks

Did you make sure to get "Slow Blow"?

#4410 6 years ago

Any ideas why?
Thanks

Your circuit is drawing more than 4 amps of current. Burnt connector causing high resistance somewhere? Cracked solder joint?

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Did you make sure to get "Slow Blow"?

Yes, thanks.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your circuit is drawing more than 4 amps of current. Burnt connector causing high resistance somewhere? Cracked solder joint?

Well, wouldn't know where to look but if it keeps doing it, guess I will have to!

#4412 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It would be a good idea to disconnect and reconnect/reseat the trough connectors too.

So after looking it over, I had all 4 balls and all of the connections looked fine to me. I wasn't sure which was the defacto trough connector so I just pushed on all of them in the area to be sure. One had a little wiggle to it and the rest were fine. I'm assuming the issue was with the wiggly one because that fixed the problem.

After I got that working though, the Bicycle Girl ramp would get the ball caught in the center when traveling at medium speed (happened during my best game to date! was in the middle of a BB/Prison MB/WW MB frenzy. Still ended up with 190M though, I'm super excited about that if you can't tell). So I reopened it and tugged on the piece of plastic that went over the top of that ramp behind the artwork and that seemed to work. Is this a common issue people have?

Thankfully, I've seemingly sorted all of the issues for now. Thank you to everyone for your help!!

#4413 6 years ago

After I got that working though, the Bicycle Girl ramp would get the ball caught in the center when traveling at medium speed (happened during my best game to date! was in the middle of a BB/Prison MB/WW MB frenzy. Still ended up with 190M though, I'm super excited about that if you can't tell). So I reopened it and tugged on the piece of plastic that went over the top of that ramp behind the artwork and that seemed to work. Is this a common issue people have?

It is common for some wiring that goes over the ramp behind the back wall to shift and slow/stop the ball. You just need to check for it and re-route it a little if it's in the balls path.

#4414 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It is common for some wiring that goes over the ramp behind the back wall to shift and slow/stop the ball. You just need to check for it and re-route it a little if it's in the balls path.

That's probably exactly what it was. Thanks for the info.

#4415 6 years ago

I've got to say, TWD (mine is a pro) is something special. I own a lot of nice pins and have a good time playing most pins. But TWD is the most intense of any. I have not even scratched the surface with the rules and think this is a pin that will never get old.

I love all my Borg pins Tron, TWD pro, Met pro, and IMVE all are fantastic and I give Met pro a slightly higher rating but all four are keepers and TWD is the most twisted/intense of the lot.

#4416 6 years ago

Any ideas why?
Thanks

Common problem. 4 amp is underrated. The fix is 5 amp. I have had no problems with 5 amp and haven't heard anyone else have problems either. It was discussed earlier in this thread. Maybe start with 5amp fast blo and see if that holds.

#4417 6 years ago

Anyone have a video of TWD with LED color DMD yet?

#4418 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Common problem. 4 amp is underrated. The fix is 5 amp. I have had no problems with 5 amp and haven't heard anyone else have problems either. It was discussed earlier in this thread. Maybe start with 5amp fast blo and see if that holds.

Since the electrical engineers that designed the game chose a 4 amp slo-blo fuse you would be wise to do your research before accepting unsourced technical advice from an internet forum. Be sure you understand the potential drawbacks to overfusing your game.

That's not to say it's the wrong answer, only that catching your game on fire and burning up your aparment building could be an unintended consequence. Do your research.

#4419 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love all my Borg pins Tron, TWD pro, Met pro, and IMVE all are fantastic and I give Met pro a slightly higher rating but all four are keepers and TWD is the most twisted/intense of the lot.

You've got the best Borg games right there - but you'll need to add Aerosmith to that list as it's awesome!

#4420 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have a video of TWD with LED color DMD yet?

I've been waiting too. Someone must have installed LED by now.

#4421 6 years ago

On the Pro it won't award extra balls while the ball save is on, either at the start of a ball or during the start of multiball. Presumably as, without the spinner as on the Prem, it can't confirm that the shot was made legitimately or whether the ball ended up in the shooter lane from the trough.
It can be a real PITA having to wait for the ball save to go off to then make the shot.

#4422 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You've got the best Borg games right there - but you'll need to add Aerosmith to that list as it's awesome!

After owning XMLE and STLE I had a fear of Lonnie doing the code for AS (read bad things about Kiss code).

I'm a little gun shy until the code is done.

#4423 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

After owning XMLE and STLE I had a fear of Lonnie doing the code for AS (read bad things about Kiss code).
I'm a little gun shy until the code is done.

Don't believe everything you read about kiss the code is solid but not spectacular. Xmen and st are both pretty good right now too

#4424 6 years ago

I believe Xmen was Waison. On that one there was very weak code for A LONG time, but they at least delivered in the end. As it sits now it is very well done save for the fact that once you get to DR/DP the game is basically over.

#4425 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

On the Pro it won't award extra balls while the ball save is on, either at the start of a ball or during the start of multiball.

So glad you posted that! It did it to me twice today, extra ball was lit, I hit it twice, when I hit it the third time, I noticed the ball save light was off and it awarded it!

Thanks!

Mike

#4426 6 years ago

Not to bad for day 4! Also killed 55 walkers. LoL

IMG_3345 (resized).JPGIMG_3345 (resized).JPG

#4427 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I believe Xmen was Waison. On that one there was very weak code for A LONG time, but they at least delivered in the end. As it sits now it is very well done save for the fact that once you get to DR/DP the game is basically over.

I believe Roop was involved with XM as well

As it is now it's code is fair but not outstanding.

#4428 6 years ago

Was playing a game last night:
Had Arena running then started Horde. Arena finished on 186mil, while Horde was still running.
One of the Walkers then reached me. I expected the flippers to die, it award me my Horde score then allow me to continue with a ball in the shooter lane.
Instead the machine reset and ended my game. It didn't allow me to enter my initials for high score on Arena.

Is this a bug anyone else has had, or is it a fault with my machine? I've never had anything similar happen before.

#4429 6 years ago

There is knowledge of a very rare Horde reset and what I heard, should be covered in a future update.

#4430 6 years ago

All of the programmers (except Lyman) worked on XMEN, but Waison took lead for the final 2 or 3 updates.

Quoted from rai:

I believe Roop was involved with XM as well
As it is now it's code is fair but not outstanding.

#4431 6 years ago

i know there are lots of tutorials, but does anybody know if/what the name of the wizard mode is if you have all the modes lit solid on the pf? barn, cdc, arena, tunnel, and arena? thanks

#4432 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i know there are lots of tutorials, but does anybody know if/what the name of the wizard mode is if you have all the modes lit solid on the pf? barn, cdc, arena, tunnel, and arena? thanks

Terminus. After you have played all them you have to complete two drop banks then hit any major shot to start it.

#4433 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Terminus. After you have played all them you have to complete two drop banks then hit any major shot to start it.

awesome, thanks chuck! i was wondering how i started whatever mode (terminus) it was after i complete those.

#4435 6 years ago

Just put a deposit down on a NIB premium. Timing isn't good now so I'll be getting it in a few weeks. Can't wait!

#4436 6 years ago

Can someone direct to bicycle girl mod?

#4439 6 years ago

So, had the game well over a year and still unclear how to best use multipliers and combine with 2x playfield?

Anyone have a quick explanation for best use of multipliers on this game?

Thanks

#4440 6 years ago

So, had the game well over a year and still unclear how to best use multipliers and combine with 2x playfield?
Anyone have a quick explanation for best use of multipliers on this game?
Thanks

Easy. Save them for a valuable shot and don't miss the valuable shot. Or if you have a walker bomb ready save it for the super jackpot of that multiball and use it after rolling through the inlane X.

I always use the multipliers on the final shot of CDC, or during tunnel, or during Barn or riot. Not really worth it in arena.

#4441 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easy. Save them for a valuable shot and don't miss the valuable shot. Or if you have a walker bomb ready save it for the super jackpot of that multiball and use it after rolling through the inlane X.
I always use the multipliers on the final shot of CDC, or during tunnel, or during Barn or riot. Not really worth it in arena.

I thought the walker bombs were just used to start a multiball after draining a ball?

So, get SJ, then inlane X, hit walker bomb.... what happens as a result of this?

#4442 6 years ago

I thought the walker bombs were just used to start a multiball after draining a ball?
So, get SJ, then inlane X, hit walker bomb.... what happens as a result of this?

Spots you a shot in that multiball. If your next shot is the super, it will award u the super

#4443 6 years ago

Also another tip. When you hit the inlane X, it is the next major switch hit. So feel free to let the ball roll over it and run off that flipper to pass the ball over to your other flipper to a trap. Then take your time to line up the shot. if you brick and hit a couple slings or a spot target, it still should be active so trap up and try again.

#4444 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also another tip. When you hit the inlane X, it is the next major switch hit. So feel free to let the ball roll over it and run off that flipper to pass the ball over to your other flipper to a trap. Then take your time to line up the shot. if you brick and hit a couple slings or a spot target, it still should be active so trap up and try again.

How long until the X times out ?

#4445 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

How long until the X times out ?

It doesn't. It's based of the next major switch hit. So if you run over the inlane and trap up, you can wait for an hour before your next shot and still have it multiplied.

#4446 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn't. It's based of the next major switch hit. So if you run over the inlane and trap up, you can wait for an hour before your next shot and still have it multiplied.

Well that will put paid to my mass panic trying to hit a big X shot.

#4447 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Well that will put paid to my mass panic trying to hit a big X shot.

Yeah it helps knowing this, but I still screw it up most of the time. Haha

#4448 6 years ago

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

#4449 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison ...

After the BG light, my next favorite mod would easily be yoyokopter's awesome crossbow ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00602-daryl-s-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

For the last few months I've been sacrificing and saving. The waiting is almost over!!!! I will likely join the club within the next month or so!!! Going to get the premium for sure, just deciding on what mods to get done upon purchase. Potentially buying through Melissa at CoinTaker. She seems very straight forward and has been extremely helpful thus far. Who else has some ideas for mods? Right now I'm thinking Shaker, Pop bumper mod, tower mod, survivors inside mod for the prison. I know I will need Bicycle Girl light mod but cointaker has been sold out of those for awhile. Any other suggestions guys?!?! I can't wait to have it home!!! I've only played the pro and my high score in limited play on that was 97mil.

Glad to hear you're so pumped. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You're going to enjoy your TWD Premium. I would just enjoy it and figure out mods later.

Cheers from Canada.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.