Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 168.
#4301 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Hi all, I have a repair question- I have a walking dead premium that is firing drop targets at the start of each game. The targets fire repeatedly at the same sequence, the left drop target coil fires three times, then the right coil fires once. There is a pause for about 10 seconds or so and then the firing starts all over again. For a little while this was happening and prison multiball also automatically started up along with the automatic ball launch. Basically the game was going crazy right at the push of the start button, however now just the drop targets are firing. I ran through a coil test and everything was running just fine. I checked the wires in the back box and underneath the playfield and everything seems to be plugged in tight. I have no idea where to start with this, any ideas?

Try re-setting the connector at the drop targets.

#4302 2 years ago

I finally decided to buy the stern official pinblades for my pro, 90 bucks and only one arrived I received the left one. these are supposed to come as a set right? Lol. Game room guys dropped the ball , so bummed

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

a

where can i get the crossbow apron?

I think I got it from Joe at PinGraffix- wasn't easy. Jose at Tilt could also probably do it.

#4304 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I finally decided to buy the stern official pinblades for my pro, 90 bucks and only one arrived I received the left one. these are supposed to come as a set right? Lol. Game room guys dropped the ball , so bummed

That sucks, man. Yeah, there should be two of 'em.

#4305 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

That sucks, man. Yeah, there should be two of 'em.

Why are they called blades as most of these 'blades' are just stickers?

Or are people making them out of different material now?

Curious as fancy adding them but not if they are only stickers.

#4306 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The ones I got are just a sticker

#4307 2 years ago

The name mirror blades was used for the metal side coverings, and it caught on - so everyone just kept using the term blades: Mirror Blades, Pin Blades, Art Blades, etc.

#4308 2 years ago

Game room guys gave me a line of bs when I called them about the missing art this morning , they said the box comes direct from stern so it was stern fault. Ummmm so why is there a signed packing slip in the box from game room guys then? I'm so annoyed I should have just bought them from pinball life , these guys are saying they have to get a warrenty replacement from stern and "eventually " I'll get a new Set. I'm going to just request a refund and buy again elsewhere. Lesson learned.

#4309 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Game room guys gave me a line of bs when I called them about the missing art this morning , they said the box comes direct from stern so it was stern fault. Ummmm so why is there a signed packing slip in the box from game room guys then? I'm so annoyed I should have just bought them from pinball life , these guys are saying they have to get a warrenty replacement from stern and "eventually " I'll get a new Set. I'm going to just request a refund and buy again elsewhere. Lesson learned.

Hell yeah, I'd never buy from them again ever! That's BS big time.

#4310 2 years ago

Good to know. I was thinking of jumping on their $7200 Premium deal.

#4311 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Tell them they have one chance to make it right. Let them know that possible customers (like me and other pinsiders are seeing how they handle your case. If they don't treat you right, we won't deal with them. Pinsiders got to stick together.

#4312 2 years ago

i was interested in what scores people are posting up for Horde mode on the pro model? best i've ever done is 140 million. It seems most of the big points on the pro are scored with a multiball stacked with a mode, 2x scoring with an X shot.

#4313 2 years ago

Had my longest game last night. A little more than half an hour. Got to horde 3 times and last man standing for only the 2nd time ever. Four extra balls earned. Unfortunately, I immediately crapped out of LMS.

IMG_0262 (resized).JPG

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Had my longest game last night. A little more than half an hour. Got to horde 3 times and last man standing for only the 2nd time ever. Four extra balls earned. Unfortunately, I immediately crapped out of LMS.

How did you earn 4 extra balls?

Also how the hell are people collecting 10 towers? I think the most I have collected is 3 maybe.

#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also how the hell are people collecting 10 towers? I think the most I have collected is 3 maybe.

Yeah. Same with me. I don't think I've ever even been close to 10.

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Extra balls for walker kills at 5 and 60, 10 tower shots, and as a Woodbury award. You have to earn around 7 or 8 Woodbury awards before it pops up as a selection.

I think I had 16 towers in that game. I don't actively shoot for the tower standup targets except during Horde and multi-ball, but once the standups are lit through random ball hits, I immediately focus exclusively on making that tower shot. The tower doesn't stay lit when you drain and you can't accumulate the standup target hits when already lit so you should collect the tower asap. I find it a difficult shot trying to hit directly, but rather easy if I first make the left ramp then combo it. I only try for the tower directly if I am trying to avoid the left ramp for some reason.

#4317 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Extra balls for walker kills at 5 and 60, 10 tower shots, and as a Woodbury award. You have to earn around 7 or 8 Woodbury awards before it pops up as a selection.
I think I had 16 towers in that game. I don't actively shoot for the tower standup targets except during Horde and multi-ball, but once the standups are lit through random ball hits, I immediately focus exclusively on making that tower shot. The tower doesn't stay lit when you drain and you can't accumulate the standup target hits when already lit so you should collect the tower asap. I find it a difficult shot trying to hit directly, but rather easy if I first make the left ramp then combo it. I only try for the tower directly if I am trying to avoid the left ramp for some reason.

Impressive. 7-8 Woodbury shots and 16 tower shots in one game under 30 mins. That's insane. Haha

#4318 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Impressive. 7-8 Woodbury shots and 16 tower shots in one game under 30 mins. That's insane. Haha

Maybe he has "invisaglass"... as in *the glass is off* lol Nah I like to hear about epic games on TWD because they are pretty rare (for me) but so satisfying when they finally happen.

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Tell them they have one chance to make it right. Let them know that possible customers (like me and other pinsiders are seeing how they handle your case. If they don't treat you right, we won't deal with them. Pinsiders got to stick together.

I tried to get a refund initiated through my online account but got no response back today, I also sent a follow up email to the sales manager that I had been speaking with the day prior requesting to initiate a refund , no reply. So I gave them a call before they closed today , I was told if I wanted a refund I'd have to ship the item back on my own dime, and eat the shipping fee I paid originally , I asked why I would have to pay for a mistake that wasn't any of my doing and they told me that was the policy and they don't refund shipping costs.
Kind of rediculous really I mean the 15$ isn't the end of the world but it kind of sucks to pay for someone else's mistake, they also claim the item is now out of stock , there website says it's in stock , there amazon says 2 available, and they also have it listed on eBay, so are they just dicking me around? Or are they selling product they don't really have on hand? . I'm going to ship the one blade i received back to them on my dime, hopefully they just refund me and I can move on

#4320 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I tried to get a refund initiated through my online account but got no response back today, I also sent a follow up email to the sales manager that I had been speaking with the day prior requesting to initiate a refund , no reply. So I gave them a call before they closed today , I was told if I wanted a refund I'd have to ship the item back on my own dime, and eat the shipping fee I paid originally , I asked why I would have to pay for a mistake that wasn't any of my doing and they told me that was the policy and they don't refund shipping costs.
Kind of rediculous really I mean the 15$ isn't the end of the world but it kind of sucks to pay for someone else's mistake, they also claim the item is now out of stock , there website says it's in stock , there amazon says 2 available, and they also have it listed on eBay, so are they just dicking me around? Or are they selling product they don't really have on hand? . I'm going to ship the one blade i received back to them on my dime, hopefully they just refund me and I can move on

I would ship it back with a big F-YOU note attached to it and tell them you are creating a post on Pinside telling everybody what they did to you and how much they suck!

#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe he has "invisaglass"... as in *the glass is off* lol

PDI actually. I prefer it to invisaglass.

#4322 2 years ago

I have a Premium arriving next week. What are the top 3 mods I need?

#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

ColorDMD
Gnassel bicycle girl mod
Shaker

I'd also recommend Cleland/RandomKG Radiohead/NIN sound package (free and excellent!) and extended ramp flap (medium).

#4324 2 years ago

anyone had random activations of the well walker? notably when the ball is in the pops?

#4325 2 years ago

What's everyone think about the voice/sound mod? Original characters.

#4326 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone had random activations of the well walker? notably when the ball is in the pops?

If anything mine could be more sensitive. The well walker switch is just a standard micro switch. I'd try to adjust to to make it less sensistive.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Similar recommendations.

Gnassel BG mod
Color dmd (LED imo)
Shaker

PDI glass would be nice too.

Sound mods are great and free. Download as many as you can get.

I had no need for a ramp flap otherwise it is pretty much the same as MikeS's list.

#4328 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Just got a twd pro last week and put the Cleland R rated package on after a couple of days of listening to the hick. I had high expectations based on the feedback around here and it exceeded them. It is excellent.

#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yes, I had to adjust the micro switch to make sure it was less sensitive. If you bang playfield with hand and wellwalker activates, you need to adjust!

#4330 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Really the best mod for this particular game. Wouldn't be the greatest pinball game ever made without it.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ColorDMD
Gnassel bicycle girl mod
Shaker
I'd also recommend Cleland/RandomKG Radiohead/NIN sound package (free and excellent!) and extended ramp flap (medium).

If these were the only mods you did you'd be a happy camper

#4332 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had to swap the Z connector towards the well walker switch (located near the drop targets)

#4333 2 years ago

Always been a little nervous doing the sound file thing. Does it change anything else like the music/code or just change the callouts? If any issues do you just revert back to Stern's latest code?

#4334 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Always been a little nervous doing the sound file thing. Does it change anything else like the music/code or just change the callouts? If any issues do you just revert back to Stern's latest code?

There are versions that keep the original music, and there are others that change that as well. If you have issues, reverting back to Stern's latest code is a piece of cake. You won't want to revert back, though.

#4335 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Loading the modified code is no different than loading the official code. Just be aware that you will lose all your high scores and settings.

#4336 2 years ago

Where can I find this mysterious Cleland code you speak of?

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Where can I find this mysterious Cleland code you speak of?

Use the Key Post thread index to find important posts in this thread. The index appears at the top of every page of the thread.

#4339 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Finally got caught up....Have one boxed up and ready to ship. 50 +10. pm if interested.

Last one. My track shop is officially closed just one left to get out to someone....

#4340 2 years ago

Ive never had a problem with Game Room Guys. They have some of the best prices and when I had some issues, they got parts for me as quick as expected without much fuss. They said they would make it right, but you wanted instant gratification. Stern would have drop shipped you the new ones, takes a few days, but it would have been fine.

#4341 2 years ago

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable? Thanks

#4342 2 years ago

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable? Thanks

You can move it up or down with a twist but I doubt if it will do anything because it's already so wonky... in a good way on my machine. Some time mine holds it for a bit and gently drops it to the right flipper. Other times it will whip it so violently it will shoot up and make the RIOT lane shot. So who knows.

My prison magnet has always been disappointing compared to other machines I've played though. If I try to bang away on the flippers when it's held it doesn't throw it off nicely (or even get a hit on the prison like some) but *always* throws it straight down the middle. I've learned to actually leave it alone now as when it releases it on it's own it tends to throw it down at and angle so I can get the ball back under control.

#4343 2 years ago

My Wellwalker magnet seems underpowered compared to some I have seen - is it adjustable?

My well walker magnet is similar to yours. It affects the ball, but not nearly as much as I've seen on some other machines. It doesn't really bother me, since the game is already hard enough, but I wonder what accounts for the difference. Is it the strength of the magnet, the timing of the switch being activated, or both?

#4344 2 years ago

I have times where the ball barely is affected, then other times it throws it hard. I think its just a matter of timing of activation and where the ball is and its direction of travel already.

#4345 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I have times where the ball barely is affected, then other times it throws it hard. I think its just a matter of timing of activation and where the ball is and its direction of travel already.

That makes sense, but it still doesn't explain why some games simply get way more action overall from that magnet than others.

#4346 2 years ago

My well walker will throw the ball up to the riot shot sometimes and make it for me. It's pretty strong

#4347 2 years ago

I wonder if it has anything to do with the playfield angle. My game is set to about 7 degrees. Perhaps people with games that aren't as steep see more action from the magnet. Just grasping at straws here.

#4348 2 years ago

Dang Brian, you just called me out. I like my games at 0 degrees. They double as coffee tables that way.

#4349 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That makes sense, but it still doesn't explain why some games simply get way more action overall from that magnet than others.

Yes, baffled as some games throw the ball around and others don't - if there is no menu setting, no idea why this is or if/how it can be altered!

#4350 2 years ago

Mine will sometimes throw the ball up riot or SDTM, or straight through the left outlane very hard. But most of the time it doesnt. Playfield angle could be part of it. I have mine at 7 or so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside