IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 236.
#4251 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Is there a rule sheet for TWDLE 1.56 ? Thanks

Found the rule sheet and found a TWDLE

17098674_10156208871199848_7750607778499006496_n (resized).jpg17098674_10156208871199848_7750607778499006496_n (resized).jpg

#4252 7 years ago

PM me if interested in mix(es):

This now has a Cleland callout update that includes Negan.

#4253 7 years ago

Last Track mod ready to ship. Used the switch section for the bend. Over 25 happy customers.

IMG_6112 (resized).JPGIMG_6112 (resized).JPG

#4254 7 years ago

Tunnel might be the best mode in pinball that isn't a wizard mode. Fantastic reward for a very difficult shot. So dangerous but I cannot help going for it every time it's lit.

#4255 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tunnel might be the best mode in pinball that isn't a wizard mode. Fantastic reward for a very difficult shot. So dangerous but I cannot help going for it every time it's lit.

Yeah nothing like the tunnel to arena ramp combo also - I did it twice in a row the other day. Wish I could claim it was my skill rather than lucky shots. Love the combo sound too.. CLUNK

#4256 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Last Track mod ready to ship. Used the switch section for the bend. Over 25 happy customers.

sold pending

#4257 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah nothing like the tunnel to arena ramp combo ...

I love this combo, but I find that the ball sometimes gets so much speed that it will fly off the ramp.

#4258 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love this combo, but I find that the ball sometimes gets so much speed that it will fly off the ramp.

At what point? I've heard this multiple times now and it has never once happened to me.

#4259 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At what point? I've heard this multiple times now and it has never once happened to me.

Usually happens for me on the way back around the arena ramp when it goes over the hump on the left side... Has a bad habit of jumping directly into the left outlane.

#4260 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Usually happens for me on the way back around the arena ramp when it goes over the hump on the left side... Has a bad habit of jumping directly into the left outlane.

Now I know why this is happening for others. On mine the owner put a piece of plastic as a roof right at that point. I suggests others do the same.

#4261 7 years ago

From a stopped ball that ramp behaves, but if I hit it with any kind of speed, watch out! Most times it comes off and lands in the middle of the playfield. Sometimes though it goes right over the flippers and drains.

#4262 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah I agree. Maybe that's why it feels so good when it works

For what it's worth mine seems to have finally calmed down a bit and I can smack away at that incoming cruise missile and NOT cringe at the potential massive air ball.

I suspect it will do it again when I wax it though.

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I know why this is happening for others. On mine the owner put a piece of plastic as a roof right at that point. I suggests others do the same.

I don't have it come off the Arena ramp. It's when it's flying back at the left flipper from a fast tunnel shot that the flipper will make the ball go airborn. And this is with the flipper rubber raised on the bat to help prevent this.

But it's apparently calmed down and I can finally enjoy this combo on a more consistent basis.

#4264 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I don't have it come off the Arena ramp. It's when it's flying back at the left flipper from a fast tunnel shot that the flipper will make the ball go airborn. And this is with the flipper rubber raised on the bat to help prevent this.
But it's apparently calmed down and I can finally enjoy this combo on a more consistent basis.

Oh I see. Wonder why mine doesn't do this? I've played with regular rubber and now Titans and neither do it.

#4265 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh I see. Wonder why mine doesn't do this? I've played with regular rubber and now Titans and neither do it.

It's probably because I'm such a badass that I have the game set ridiculously steep so I can barely follow the ball at this speed.

Pure adrenaline with the added benefit of being able to justify my massively low scores

#4266 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's when it's flying back at the left flipper from a fast tunnel shot that the flipper will make the ball go airborn. And this is with the flipper rubber raised on the bat to help prevent this.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I understand it isn't normal behaviour and seems pretty rare. But I do remember a mention of this before and thought it was the same member. I easily found it, and nope.

Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

When I get a clean tunnel shot the ball loops around the orbit so fast that it hits the left flipper and jumps up and over to a drain. Or back to the shooter lane.
Anyone have this happen on their game?
I lowered the coil power to "soft" and looked at my flipper rubbers and they are on all the way.

Quoted from dzoomer:

No issues on mine on the tunnel orbit, normal coil power. Even clean and fast shots I'm able to play it without bounce off the flippers, though I do not sit there with the flipper up waiting for it. Aim may be compromised, but I don't miss the ball either.

I'd think the flipper or something at the tail end of the orbit needs a bit of an adjustment, but I'm no techie.

#4267 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone have a fix for the Well Walker well cracking and peeling?
I bought those "walker pants" and those lasted about 1 day before breaking apart...

I put a piece of Mylar on the the spot where Well Walker shots were hitting the "pants" and wearing away the decal the most and it worked fine. Stopped the wear and that was over a year ago and my TWD still on the same "pants" decal.

#4268 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's probably because I'm such a badass that I have the game set ridiculously steep so I can barely follow the ball at this speed.
Pure adrenaline with the added benefit of being able to justify my massively low scores

Let's see your bubble level cause mine is past the top line. Also my levelers in the back can't go any higher.

#4269 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Let's see your bubble level cause mine is past the top line. Also my levelers in the back can't go any higher.

Don't try to out-badass me!

#4270 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't try to out-badass me!

Haha. I'll defer to your superior badassness, just blows my mind that two games set probably the same way gets completely different reactions from the ball.

#4271 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I'll defer to your superior badassness, just blows my mind that two games set probably the same way gets completely different reactions from the ball.

I agree with that. Before I got my TWD Prem I dutifully researched and prepared for re-doing the left ramp to get a smooth experience. I'm still nicely shocked I never had to do anything to it... ball shoots up there quite smoothly with no fuss. Maybe not *quite* as smooth as a pro but certainly not clunky with rejected shots, etc...

So yeah... Stern managed to deliver *variety* even within the same game title. "It's not a bug - it's a feature!"

#4272 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I agree with that. Before I got my TWD Prem I dutifully researched and prepared for re-doing the left ramp to get a smooth experience. I'm still nicely shocked I never had to do anything to it... ball shoots up there quite smoothly with no fuss. Maybe not *quite* as smooth as a pro but certainly not clunky with rejected shots, etc...
So yeah... Stern managed to deliver *variety* even within the same game title. "It's not a bug - it's a feature!"

Good points all around. Glad this one lets you crush that tunnel arena combo. So badass!!

#4273 7 years ago

I bought my Pro before the Premium was announced, but have always preferred the look of the premium's art package.

Ever wondered what a Premium translite looks like in a Pro? Well, now you know (no snickering at my score, you bastards. I just changed to the NIN/Radiohead R-rated Negan code over the weekend):

IMG_0955 (resized).JPGIMG_0955 (resized).JPG

IMG_0964 (resized).JPGIMG_0964 (resized).JPG

IMG_0962 (resized).JPGIMG_0962 (resized).JPG

I personally think it looks cooler, but I'm tempted to swap the t-molding to black (I have some on hand).

Thoughts?

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought my Pro before the Premium was announced, but have always preferred the look of the premium's art package.
Ever wondered what a Premium translite looks like in a Pro? Well, now you know (no snickering at my score, you bastards. I just changed to the NIN/Radiohead R-rated Negan code over the weekend):
I personally think it looks cooler, but I'm tempted to swap the t-molding to black (I have some on hand).
Thoughts?

P.I.M.P. machine

#4275 7 years ago

That looks incredible. All those heads...

#4276 7 years ago

Thanks, guys! Think I should swap out the red t-molding for black? I dig the red when looking at it from the side, but I think black might look better from the front.

I've got a roll of black sitting here on the table. Should I do it?

#4277 7 years ago

Do it

#4278 7 years ago

Agree. Go black molding if you're keeping that translight.

Then you might be able to reuse the red on something else. I took the (curious) red off my BM66LE and put it on my TWDLE.

Glad you're enjoying my mix.

#4279 7 years ago

I know there was a fix said earlier somewhere in this thread but my f7 4amp slo blo fuse blew and so did the replacement I put in. Do I up it to a 5amp slo blo?

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I know there was a fix said earlier somewhere in this thread but my f7 4amp slo blo fuse blew and so did the replacement I put in. Do I up it to a 5amp slo blo?

Yes - for this particular case.

#4281 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Yes - for this particular case.

Thanks.

#4282 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks! I always have leaned towards the LCD. My only issue has been that they dont mount flush. Can you tell me how much of a gap is there? Is it noticeable from straight on or at angles?

You can't see the gap from straight on. I installed some foam weatherstripping from a Home Depot around the perimeter just because I'm picky.

#4283 7 years ago

Thoughts?

Looks great!

#4284 7 years ago

Is there one part number for the heads/aquarium assembly on the playfield or do you have to order each head and the housing separately?

#4285 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is there one part number for the heads/aquarium assembly on the playfield or do you have to order each head and the housing separately?

You can't buy the OEM aquarium. Your only option is to order an aftermarket one, or make your own.

#4286 7 years ago

Quoted from gweempose:

You can't buy the OEM aquarium. Your only option is to order an aftermarket one, or make your own.

So part number 511-7535-01 is not the whole assembly including heads? Just the empty aquarium?

WalkingDeadParts (resized).pngWalkingDeadParts (resized).png

#4287 7 years ago

So part number 511-7535-01 is not the whole assembly including heads? Just the empty aquarium?

No, that's probably the whole assembly. I just don't think you can buy it anywhere. Of course, I could be wrong.

#4288 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No, that's probably the whole assembly. I just don't think you can buy it anywhere. Of course, I could be wrong.

I've bought parts directly from stern for my GOT. Don't see why not. But I bet it's expensive.

#4289 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've bought parts directly from stern for my GOT. Don't see why not. But I bet it's expensive.

I was under the impression that they often won't sell certain parts that are considered "upgrades" on the premium/LE's. This is to discourage people from buying the pros and then just upgrading the game themselves. Like I said, I could be wrong about this.

#4290 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was under the impression that they often won't sell certain parts that are considered "upgrades" on the premium/LE's. This is to discourage people from buying the pros and then just upgrading the game themselves. Like I said, I could be wrong about this.

Yeah good point. Mine was a common part. They should allow it just charge a lot for it. People would pay, more revenue, bam.

#4291 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah good point. Mine was a common part. They should allow it just charge a lot for it. People would pay, more revenue, bam.

I've always thought that Stern should be in the parts business. Even if they charged outrageous prices they would sell them.

#4292 7 years ago

Just installed the backbox dimmer board on my TWD from Arcade Upkeep. Dims so smoothly when you press the star button and glare from the backbox almost completely disappears. Makes a cool lights go down/curtain like you're at the theatre. Very effective and only $65. Awesome reversible mod.

#4293 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Due to popular demand and some pleading I found enough track to make a nice supply and make enough to justify another run. Should be shipping by next fri-sat. Will look Similar to the pics with slight variations Pm with any questions or to grab one

#4294 7 years ago

Looks like the LED color dmd will be shipping this week, hope one of y'all post a video!

#4295 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just installed the backbox dimmer board on my TWD from Arcade Upkeep. Dims so smoothly when you press the star button and glare from the backbox almost completely disappears. Makes a cool lights go down/curtain like you're at the theatre. Very effective and only $65. Awesome reversible mod.

Those are great. Underappreciated for sure. And Brandon arcadeupkeep.com is a great guy to deal with. His smart lighting undercabs are wonderful too.

Unrelated- I played my friends new pro this weekend. Wow it's stunning..just stunning.. how much easier his shots were than mine. And, He lowered LMS to 60 and has lane extenders. I got to and beat LMS in my third game. It's weird trying to avoid Horde haha...

#4296 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like the LED color dmd will be shipping this week, hope one of y'all post a video!

Just went to the LED TWD page and it says firmware is coming soon, maybe that's why there are no LED colordmd videos available for this title yet?
This could also mean nothing, I've never installed a colordmd before.

#4297 7 years ago

I've never installed a color dmd on a Stern game, and want to try it on my walking dead. Do I have to order that stand off kit as well? Or can I just mount it as is. I don't think I've ever opened up the back box since I got it to check.
Thanks!

#4298 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just went to the LED TWD page and it says firmware is coming soon, maybe that's why there are no LED colordmd videos available for this title yet?
This could also mean nothing, I've never installed a colordmd before.

Firmware for LED has been available on the SUPPORT page. Just lax in updating the product page.

Quoted from sublime90803:

I've never installed a color dmd on a Stern game, and want to try it on my walking dead. Do I have to order that stand off kit as well? Or can I just mount it as is. I don't think I've ever opened up the back box since I got it to check.
Thanks!

LED displays don't need the standoffs but you will need a clear shield to replace the red one that shipped with the game. You'll also need the SAM/WS cable installation kit included with displays for Stern games.

#4299 7 years ago

Hi all, I have a repair question- I have a walking dead premium that is firing drop targets at the start of each game. The targets fire repeatedly at the same sequence, the left drop target coil fires three times, then the right coil fires once. There is a pause for about 10 seconds or so and then the firing starts all over again. For a little while this was happening and prison multiball also automatically started up along with the automatic ball launch. Basically the game was going crazy right at the push of the start button, however now just the drop targets are firing. I ran through a coil test and everything was running just fine. I checked the wires in the back box and underneath the playfield and everything seems to be plugged in tight. I have no idea where to start with this, any ideas?

#4300 7 years ago

I suggest you'll get more and faster answers posting this as its own topic, with drop targets in the title. GL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.