IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 237.
#4101 7 years ago

I get the LCD's because the like the flexibility of various settings

#4102 7 years ago

I've ordered the LCD however I haven't tried a ColorDMD in one of the newer Sterns yet so I will have to see how I feel about the gap to the DMD clear cover.
If I don't like the gap I will put the LCD in one of my other games and get an LED for TWD.

#4103 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I've ordered the LCD however I haven't tried a ColorDMD in one of the newer Sterns yet so I will have to see how I feel about the gap to the DMD clear cover.
If I don't like the gap I will put the LCD in one of my other games and get an LED for TWD.

Get some black foam weatherstripping to fill the gap.
Blocks the little bit of light that can be seen from the sides and makes it unnoticeable.

#4104 7 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Get some black foam weatherstripping to fill the gap.
Blocks the little bit of light that can be seen from the sides and makes it unnoticeable.

Will do. Doesn't it look a little like looking down a tunnel though ?

#4105 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I think the LED colordmd is the best way to go (OOS). What is everyone buying and why?

I really like the LED in my BSD and JD (likely my go to for older games), but I've had the LCD in TWD for a year now and prefer the scan option the LCD gives for at least TWD and MET that I've used LCD in.

#4106 7 years ago

i guess i have a quick question. Would you need a piggy back connector for the 5 or 12v power supply for the color DMD if you already use that for either a shaker motor, led backboard power supply, or led under cab mods? i forget where i've hooked them all up at this point on my machine..lol

#4107 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Will do. Doesn't it look a little like looking down a tunnel though ?

Not at all...
I have one in my Metallica pro that sits next to AC/DC and you can't really see a difference when they are on.

#4108 7 years ago

1j9d2y (resized).jpg1j9d2y (resized).jpg

#4109 7 years ago

This is a direct replacement of that bash toy. This Zombie has been modified and all hand painted for added gore. Highly detailed with plenty of blood and guts, this new exciting feature on your game that really stands out and has that custom look. The new Zombie leans back just like the Well Walker when it is hit. Installation takes about 15 minutes (a nut and a couple of screws at the hinge mount). Very durable material. Approximately 5 inches tall. Visit our site for this and many other more mods at www.modfatherpinball.com
Limited quantities...

zombie bash toy (resized).jpgzombie bash toy (resized).jpgzombie bash toy2 (resized).jpgzombie bash toy2 (resized).jpg

zombie bash toy1 (resized).jpgzombie bash toy1 (resized).jpg

#4110 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

This is a direct replacement of that bash toy. This Zombie has been modified and all hand painted for added gore. Highly detailed with plenty of blood and guts, this new exciting feature on your game that really stands out and has that custom look. The new Zombie leans back just like the Well Walker when it is hit. Installation takes about 15 minutes (a nut and a couple of screws at the hinge mount). Very durable material. Approximately 5 inches tall. Visit our site for this and many other more mods at http://www.modfatherpinball.com
Limited quantities...

Wow, that's very cool!

#4111 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you have the high score on my incoming Iron Man ?

The one from Tilt - Yes

#4112 7 years ago

Color DMD on the way. This game is going to be awesome with one in it. I went LCD same as my Metallica and Simpsons.

#4114 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The master shows you the colorDMD.
» YouTube video

Must be all those "dry wall screws" Elwin uses. Lol

#4115 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Got some more track in so I am making a few more train track mods....not sure how many more I am making. I think they turned out destroyed, beat up and rusted out which is exactly what I wanted I have sold several sets and people seem very happy. 50 Plus 12 Shipping...

Some more track in. Making another batch. Not sure how many more I'll make after this. May add an old caboose to my track and use Amber led strips inside of it. Pm with interest.

#4116 7 years ago

Color DMD ROM posted a day early if you guys didn't see it yet:

http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

Edit: looks like it was officially posted 8 hours ago. My bad! Just read the thread.

#4117 7 years ago

Holy smokes that is some incredible play KME. INcredible. So cool to see the end of LMS...

#4118 7 years ago

Joined with a pro. Looks like I've got some catching up to do! Def want new sound, they have that for Pro models, right?

#4119 7 years ago

Congratulations and enjoy! Pros have some sound packages available, not all of them.

#4120 7 years ago

Finally got caught up....Have one boxed up and ready to ship. 50 +10. pm if interested.

twd (resized).jpegtwd (resized).jpeg

#4121 7 years ago

Question about the Color DMD. Do you only need the "Add Shield/Standoffs for metal speaker panels" for the newer style backbox??? So all TWD Color DMDs would need this, correct?

#4122 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Question about the Color DMD. Do you only need the "Add Shield/Standoffs for metal speaker panels" for the newer style backbox??? So all TWD Color DMDs would need this, correct?

That is what i was told on the colordmd thread and i can tell you , you need it. Tried to find in hardware store (not fastenall) and there was nothing even close to what i would need.

#4123 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah you need the kit. I'd also recommend grabbing some black foam weatherstripping to install on the sides of the DMD panel to help block some of the light that filters in from the backbox. With the way these install in the new speaker panels they are set back a ways and the foam gives it a more finished look and blocks light from coming in.

#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Would you need a piggy back connector for the 5 or 12v power supply for the color DMD if you already use that for either a shaker motor, led backboard power supply, or led under cab mods?

No. The ColorDMD wiring harness comes with a built-in splitter.

#4125 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd also recommend grabbing some black foam weatherstripping to install on the sides of the DMD panel to help block some of the light that filters in from the backbox.

Any where specific for this stuff?

#4126 7 years ago

I thought it would really be distracting have it set back that far from the glass, but it's really not. I do need to put that foam around though to hide the insides.

#4128 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I thought it would really be distracting have it set back that far from the glass, but it really doesn't. I do need to put that foam around though to hide the insides.

I kind of like the way you can see the insides of the game, especially if you have a speaker light kit installed.

#4129 7 years ago

Can someone post a picture of what the color dmd looks like installed? What do you mean it's set back far? Farther than the normal DMD?

#4130 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I kind of like the way you can see the insides of the game, especially if you have a speaker light kit installed.

Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you mean it's set back far? Farther than the normal DMD?

Yes, the Sterns needed spacer for their slant speaker panel does sit the ColorDMD back a bit further then normal mounted ColorDMDs. As far as it goes from the side seeing inside a bit, a little black felt or weather stripping around the dmd will darken out any backbox lighting that you may see from the sides.

#4131 7 years ago

So for my 2016 TWD Premium I just need to get the eight dollar spacer kit, right? Not blow another 24 bucks on the more elaborate kit?

Thx

#4132 7 years ago

Doesn't the more expensive kit come with the clear insert shield needed for the Colordmd? As I recall the insert shield on the TWD was red.

#4133 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Doesn't the more expensive kit come with the clear insert shield needed for the Colordmd? As I recall the insert shield on the TWD was red.

Indeed it does.

#4134 7 years ago

Color DMD on high res setting is probably the best mod TWD can have. save your money for all of those mod signs and whatnot and get the LCD!!!

i don't think i can play TWD on location without the LCD now.

#4135 7 years ago

Is it possible for anyone with a LED color dmd to take a video? I've seen a few LCD vids showing different settings (look great) I'm just curious and I've yet to play a game with a LED in person yet.

#4136 7 years ago

Where can i buy a fish tank mod (inside cabinet 3 zombie heads )

Thanks

#4137 7 years ago

Beavis and Butthead Meet Slayer

This is subject to change , but i am willing to make this available to those that want it via PM.

PRO and PREMIUM/LE

#4138 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Beavis and Butthead Meet Slayer
» YouTube video
This is subject to change , but i am willing to make this available to those that want it via PM.
PRO and PREMIUM/LE

very cool ,

#4139 7 years ago

Finally joined the club yesterday. Love this game! So gratifying to put up a good score. I'm working away from home and all I have in my place here is an air mattress a tv and Xbox and twd pro lol. I read through this entire thread over the last week before I picked up the machine. So far my mods I have planned for it are stern shaker motor, color dmd, el wire fence.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4140 7 years ago

I just discovered some kind of weird bug in the TWD scoring.

I just had one of my all time best games (in fact, it probably was my best). I got to LMS (only the 2nd time ever), completed it, kept going....and when I finished, my final score was.........103 million!

WTF?

Got my initials up for most walkers killed, best CDC score, and something else that I don't recall. But no initials for my final score (why would there be for a score of 103 million?)

Last time I looked up, before starting LMS I was in the 3 billion range. Not sure what happened, but somehow my score appears to have reset along the way. Very strange.....and disappointing.

#4141 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just discovered some kind of weird bug in the TWD scoring.
I just had one of my all time best games (in fact, it probably was my best). I got to LMS (only the 2nd time ever), completed it, kept going....and when I finished, my final score was.........103 million!
WTF?
Got my initials up for most walkers killed, best CDC score, and something else that I don't recall. But no initials for my final score (why would there be for a score of 103 million?)
Last time I looked up, before starting LMS I was in the 3 billion range. Not sure what happened, but somehow my score appears to have reset along the way. Very strange.....and disappointing.

Doesn't this happen to Keith Elwin on his YouTube video of the game ?

#4142 7 years ago

My understanding is that you can "roll the game" just like with an old-school EM. In other words, there is a max possible score the programming can handle and then it resets to zero. If I had to guess, the max score might be 8,589,934,592, which is 2^33, but I could very well be wrong.

#4143 7 years ago

Had perfectly working game...went to install Color DMD and never could get it to display properly (pretty sure I did everything right...not my first color DMD).

Gave up on it...put back in old display and NOTHING now.

Anyone have any clues as to what the fuck may be going on here. I am so frustrated. I wish I had never learned about the damn color dmd for TWD.

I tried swapping ribbon cable both directions. All fuses good on machine. Not even sure what to try next.

Anyone have a clue?

#4144 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Had perfectly working game...went to install Color DMD and never could get it to display properly (pretty sure I did everything right...not my first color DMD).
Gave up on it...put back in old display and NOTHING now.
Anyone have any clues as to what the fuck may be going on here. I am so frustrated. I wish I had never learned about the damn color dmd for TWD.
I tried swapping ribbon cable both directions. All fuses good on machine. Not even sure what to try next.
Anyone have a clue?

Take a picture for the group to help. Confirm that on the old display you connected the power back to its original location as the instructions have you remove the power cable.

Did you get the chroma rom from colordmd (if it is a new display)? I had originally downloaded the colordmd rom which is for older diplays..

#4145 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

My understanding is that you can "roll the game" just like with an old-school EM. In other words, there is a max possible score the programming can handle and then it resets to zero. If I had to guess, the max score might be 8,589,934,592, which is 2^33, but I could very well be wrong.

Interesting. I am pretty sure my score was not that high though, but honestly, I completely lost track of my score when I started LMS.

#4146 7 years ago

I thought Keith said in the video he did where he completed LMS that the game score resets at around 6 bil.

#4147 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I thought Keith said in the video he did where he completed LMS that the game score resets at around 6 bil.

Thank God I'll never have to see it reset. Not a bug for me. Crappy playing wins again!

#4148 7 years ago

Anyone upgraded from the pro to Premium/LE? Thoughts?

I love the added magnet to the wellwalker and drop target to Woodbury. Crossbow is ok. Don't feel the lit arrows/color changing LEDs are as well integrated as on other Stern premiums.

Do not care for Bicycle Girl ramp from my short time on the premium but think I could like it more over time. Feel it kills flow since I'm used to my pro.

#4149 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Take a picture for the group to help. Confirm that on the old display you connected the power back to its original location as the instructions have you remove the power cable.
Did you get the chroma rom from colordmd (if it is a new display)? I had originally downloaded the colordmd rom which is for older diplays..

My color DMD was not a ROM issue...and I tried it with multiple colored Dmds too.

Thanks for the help, pictures are attached.

IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

IMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPG

#4150 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Do not care for Bicycle Girl ramp from my short time on the premium but think I could like it more over time. Feel it kills flow since I'm used to my pro.

BG ramp is a big plus on Premium/LE - does not kill flow if it's adjusted to be smooth (not hard with the ramp extension), and BG mode provides a change in the playfield layout. On the Pro you are always just hitting the ramp, over and over. On the Premium, sometimes it's a ramp, and sometimes it's a bash toy --->>> more variety makes it more exciting/fun IMO. Also, when it's the bash toy the action is faster, as the ball comes back to the flippers faster than when you make the ramp shot. BTW - it also enhances the strategy on the game, as it is beneficial to combine BG and CDC so you can make faster progress on CDC with the ramp "up".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.