R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 236.
#4051 7 years ago

Is the Stern blood splatter armor just their standard black wrinkle finish with decals applied to the surface or have they done something different?

#4052 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Is the Stern blood splatter armor just their standard black wrinkle finish with decals applied to the surface or have they done something different?

It's a different finish. Done in a smooth black with blood splatter decals applied.
002 (3) (resized).JPG002 (3) (resized).JPG
029 (resized).JPG029 (resized).JPG

#4053 7 years ago

Awesome video of Lyman talking about all aspects of TWD from rules, his ideas while doing the code and how he plays TWD, oh and he plays the hell out of it, pretty cool, check it out:

#4054 7 years ago

Gonna try for LMS tonight. Anything hat gets you more than one kill at once?

#4055 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gonna try for LMS tonight. Anything hat gets you more than one kill at once?

Not 100% sure but the "multi-kill" shots add more than one walker kill each time .

#4056 7 years ago

Got my pin graffix side art. Awesome company and great product. He through in a clear C block sticker which he said goes on a plastic above a Ramp. Anyone know where this goes? Thx

#4057 7 years ago

Looks like colordmd rom is on it's way boys and girls..........

#4058 7 years ago

Can't wait, hope they restock LED ColorDMDs soon

#4059 7 years ago

When I get a clean tunnel shot the ball loops around the orbit so fast that it hits the left flipper and jumps up and over to a drain. Or back to the shooter lane.

Anyone have this happen on their game?

I lowered the coil power to "soft" and looked at my flipper rubbers and they are on all the way.

#4060 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

When I get a clean tunnel shot the ball loops around the orbit so fast that it hits the left flipper and jumps up and over to a drain. Or back to the shooter lane.

From a dead bounce? I haven't seen this at all on the one I'm playing. I've been able to make a hard tunnel combo into the arena ramp butter smooth. I usually try to live catch a strong tunnel shot though.

#4061 7 years ago

Oh, yes!!! Many times! Exactly how you described. Only thing I can think of is we are both getting some damned clean shots! Ha.

I have a lot of bounce. When I shoot the right ramp, sometimes the ball hops out of the ramp and over to the right and bounces down the PF or into the shooter lane. I have had MANY balls simply jump over the flippers and straight down the hole! It is a feisty machine!

Mike in Kentucky

#4062 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From a dead bounce? I haven't seen this at all on the one I'm playing. I've been able to make a hard tunnel combo into the arena ramp butter smooth. I usually try to live catch a strong tunnel shot though.

Yes a dead bounce.

Quoted from Pintucky:

Oh, yes!!! Many times! Exactly how you described. Only thing I can think of is we are both getting some damned clean shots! Ha.
I have a lot of bounce. When I shoot the right ramp, sometimes the ball hops out of the ramp and over to the right and bounces down the PF or into the shooter lane. I have had MANY balls simply jump over the flippers and straight down the hole! It is a feisty machine!
Mike in Kentucky

I had that happen once and the ball came off the ramp, flew up and hit the back of the game backboard. Pretty crazy.

Need a way to slow that orbit shot somehow.

#4063 7 years ago

Maybe mine is worn in. It's got like 4000 plays at least. Maybe will take some time if yours is newer.

#4064 7 years ago

I lowered the coil power to "soft" and looked at my flipper rubbers and they are on all the way.

No issues on mine on the tunnel orbit, normal coil power. Even clean and fast shots I'm able to play it without bounce off the flippers, though I do not sit there with the flipper up waiting for it. Aim may be compromised, but I don't miss the ball either.

#4065 7 years ago

I know it's all a matter of opinion but I think I may have a trade in the works. Trade my Avatar pro for TWD pro, straight across. Who would make that trade? I really like Avatar, some of the best in game effects and call outs ever. I don't have a lot of time on TWD, I like the theme but don't know if I will like the layout. I like the deep rules that TWD has to offer but I also like the mode stacking in Avatar. Tough choice.

#4066 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

It's a different finish. Done in a smooth black with blood splatter decals applied.

Other than directly from Stern does anyone else sell the blood splatter armour?

#4067 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I know it's all a matter of opinion but I think I may have a trade in the works. Trade my Avatar pro for TWD pro, straight across. Who would make that trade? I really like Avatar, some of the best in game effects and call outs ever. I don't have a lot of time on TWD, I like the theme but don't know if I will like the layout. I like the deep rules that TWD has to offer but I also like the mode stacking in Avatar. Tough choice.

I'd make this trade in a second especially if you've had avatar for a while and have seen all it has to offer. TWD is one of the best games ever created imo.

#4068 7 years ago

A tip for Pro owners. I was having a hell of a time hitting the Riot shot. I have loosened the screws on the target to the left of the prison doors and teased the target to the right a couple of mm. I can now hit the shot consistently and no longer avoid the shot.

#4069 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe mine is worn in. It's got like 4000 plays at least. Maybe will take some time if yours is newer.

Possible I guess.

Quoted from dzoomer:

No issues on mine on the tunnel orbit, normal coil power. Even clean and fast shots I'm able to play it without bounce off the flippers, though I do not sit there with the flipper up waiting for it. Aim may be compromised, but I don't miss the ball either.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Maybe I need to look closer at the flipper height. I need to make sure the rubber is hitting the center of the ball. And not under the the center.

#4070 7 years ago

Ok thanks for the feedback. Maybe I need to look closer at the flipper height. I need to make sure the rubber is hitting the center of the ball. And not under the the center.

Happy to help. I'd definitely have a look at that. Let us know what you find out and any adjustments.

#4071 7 years ago

Could someone give me the measurements of the prison door opening (basically where the big giant head sits) not near the game at the moment so if someone could do this it would be awesome!

#4072 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome video of Lyman talking about all aspects of TWD from rules, his ideas while doing the code and how he plays TWD, oh and he plays the hell out of it, pretty cool, check it out:
» YouTube video

This video is most helpful. Slightly awkward though--the two guys clearly don't know each other too well. Not a big deal.

#4073 7 years ago

I have a feeling that Lyman is maybe not the easiest person to know/get real chill with? typical programmer guy, not too extrovert hehe.

#4074 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have a feeling that Lyman is maybe not the easiest person to know/get real chill with?

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again.
It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar

From watching the video, when he's not playing you can see that he's thinking "I wouldn't have done that" , or "I would have shot for this". You can almost see the frustration.

Lyman (resized).jpgLyman (resized).jpg

#4075 7 years ago

Just got the email ColorDMD should be released 2/10 for TWD. Hoping to get a LED color display in a few weeks!

#4076 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If both games are essentially stock and in comparable condition, you are definitely getting the better end of this deal from a pure value perspective. I also think TWD is a better game (I have both), but that will vary from person to person.

#4077 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have a feeling that Lyman is maybe not the easiest person to know/get real chill with? typical programmer guy, not too extrovert hehe.

Met him at PAPA last year. While I wouldn't describe his personality as "bubbly", he was very down to Earth and easy to talk to. Not so bad at pinball, either.
: )

#4078 7 years ago

Can anybody explain why the armor kit is $70 more for the pro without the button on the bar? Are they the same lockdown mechanism inside on the pro and premium except for the button? thinking of saving 70 and just get the one with the button...

#4079 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again.
It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar
From watching the video, when he's not playing you can see that he's thinking "I wouldn't have done that" , or "I would have shot for this". You can almost see the frustration.

Ha ! Sussed you Wayne. That is why your name is on every pinball in England. You get tips off the man who programmes them !

#4080 7 years ago

I donated to EpTheGeek for doing the color dmd dots. I can't imagine how many hours he spent. So very thankful. I've had mine installed and waiting for about a year exactly. Have had it set to purple and tied to flashers- which is cool and everything - but wow just wow I can't wait to see his magic colored dots.

#4081 7 years ago

Regarding ColorDMD... Does this mean they figure there will be no more game code updates?

#4082 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Regarding ColorDMD... Does this mean they figure there will be no more game code updates?

Maybe they're taking the Metallica approach?

#4083 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Maybe they're taking the Metallica approach?

I'd say they are.

I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't get one more update.

#4084 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could someone give me the measurements of the prison door opening (basically where the big giant head sits) not near the game at the moment so if someone could do this it would be awesome!

A bit late but hey ho.

IMG_7815.JPGIMG_7815.JPG

#4085 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm pretty sure even if it does get an update or two down the road for tweaking code and such, it's shouldn't affect the colorDMD unless animation changes are made although I could be wrong.

#4087 7 years ago

So excited, just ordered mine!

#4088 7 years ago

hi,
just a question about playfield.
LE and premium are the same playfield or any difference like sign?
thanks

#4089 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi,
just a question about playfield.
LE and premium are the same playfield or any difference like sign?
thanks

They are the same except that the LE playfield are signed by Borg..

#4090 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Ha ! Sussed you Wayne. That is why your name is on every pinball in England. You get tips off the man who programmes them

Not quite "every" machine in England. There's also some in USA and Belgium.

We only talked about Metallica, although he did say that he was working on something to do with Batman. That was over 12 months before Batman66 was announced.

#4091 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not quite "every" machine in England. There's also some in USA and Belgium.
We only talked about Metallica, although he did say that he was working on something to do with Batman. That was over 12 months before Batman66 was announced.

Do you have the high score on my incoming Iron Man ?

#4092 7 years ago

TWD ColourDMD preview is up on Facebook! Go check it out in all its gory detail

https://m.facebook.com/colordmd/?refid=18&__tn__=C

#4093 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

TWD ColourDMD preview is up on Facebook! Go check it out in all its gory detail
https://m.facebook.com/colordmd/?refid=18&__tn__=C

Seeing this pretty much solidifies my love of the stock callouts. Goes perfect with the color dmd. Not kidding.

HA HAAA! YEAH!!

#4094 7 years ago

One of if not the best colordmd to date, that video preview is off the hook.

#4095 7 years ago

This is a must have color DMD for me. The blood and guts really pop when everything is not red.

#4096 7 years ago

I dont know much about colordmd, but If I have a colordmd in Met, can you change it to go in TWD?

#4097 7 years ago

Yes, just download the color rom file for it

#4098 7 years ago

the color DMDs are shipping out this friday hopefully! neeto

#4099 7 years ago

Mine shipped yesterday!

#4100 7 years ago

I think the LED colordmd is the best way to go (OOS). What is everyone buying and why?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.